Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:57:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Coddling the Super-Rich: Warren Buffett  (Read 6554 times)
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 01:14:27 AM

Hahaha, you live in a fucking bizarre fantasy world that never takes actual human nature into account. This quote is exactly the best way to describe your beliefs:

I keep asking why do you come to this community to insult people. Have you tried using reason instead of dealing with politics as black and white and insults to people?

Things like 'common sense' and 'facts' mean little in any argument with posters like bitcoin2cash or Immanuel, so there is little to do besides try to get a rise out of them for shits and giggles. If they won't listen to more established and generally reasonable posters like FlipPro they won't listen to anyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 01:36:40 AM

Things like 'common sense' and 'facts' mean little in any argument with posters like bitcoin2cash or Immanuel, so there is little to do besides try to get a rise out of them for shits and giggles.

Anonymous

August 18, 2011, 02:27:23 AM

Frankly, I love JeffK and AyeYo as much as any other human being. They might be arrogant, presumptous... Heck, I have my fair share of impatience but they often present a good argument. I appreciate their presence.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 02:52:27 AM

I like all of you to  Grin.

No point in hating when there is already so much hate on this planet.
Anonymous

August 18, 2011, 03:38:29 AM

I like all of you to  Grin.

This is something we should all agree on. : )

I genuinely love all of you guys. I think being human and even being on this forum is quite a trait to admire.
NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 03:59:14 AM

Frankly, I love JeffK and AyeYo as much as any other human being. They might be arrogant, presumptous... Heck, I have my fair share of impatience but they often present a good argument. I appreciate their presence.

I want the best for them but I also think their presence on this forum adds absolutely nothing at all. They are loudmouthed douche bags and I hope they get bored with trolling soon.

I like all of you to  Grin.

I'm glad to see there is at least one statist on this forum that has some honor. I look forward to debating you without exchanging insults. I've given up on everyone else though. If I'm going to be called a libtard, etc, I plan on showing these people the same disrespect.
Anonymous

August 18, 2011, 04:48:36 AM

What is to really gain from fighting back? In the end, holding disrespect as a notable quantity is to hold reverence to living your life solely on acceptance by your peers. Hold your own ground. Your esteem should not be provisioned. Appreciate your fellow man as-is and their virtues; not by the virtues by which they respect you. You should already love yourself in the same way. Don't be irrationally selfish.

A man should be appreciated mainly on who they are. Consider the whole person before you consider what they directly give you.

Does one appreciate a painting because it caresses their ego and bids them good day? Hell no. We appreciate it because it's beautiful in its own right. Treat people like art I say because they can be that inherently valuable.

I choose to ignore the insults and the lack of value that a person may hold towards me. I will love them just the same as my greatest lover.

In summary, I love humanity so damn much. There is beauty in the darkest of corners and the greatest of thieves. Don't deny yourself the pleasure.
NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 05:14:05 AM

What is to really gain from fighting back?

I'm hoping that once they see how they don't like to be constantly insulted they'll understand why they should stop. Thanks for the advice but it's unwanted and unneeded.
Anonymous

August 18, 2011, 05:15:28 AM

What is to really gain from fighting back?

I'm hoping that once they see how they don't like to be constantly insulted they'll understand why they should stop. Thanks for the advice but it's unwanted and unneeded.
Fair enough.

Well, it's not directed mainly at you. Consider it a personal monologue for my own introspective purposes.
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 12:32:57 PM

What is to really gain from fighting back? In the end, holding disrespect as a notable quantity is to hold reverence to living your life solely on acceptance by your peers. Hold your own ground. Your esteem should not be provisioned. Appreciate your fellow man as-is and their virtues; not by the virtues by which they respect you. You should already love yourself in the same way. Don't be irrationally selfish.

A man should be appreciated mainly on who they are. Consider the whole person before you consider what they directly give you.

Does one appreciate a painting because it caresses their ego and bids them good day? Hell no. We appreciate it because it's beautiful in its own right. Treat people like art I say because they can be that inherently valuable.

I choose to ignore the insults and the lack of value that a person may hold towards me. I will love them just the same as my greatest lover.

In summary, I love humanity so damn much. There is beauty in the darkest of corners and the greatest of thieves. Don't deny yourself the pleasure.

lol at pseudo philisophical post about love and happiness that still manages to make a bunch of digs at people.  Roll Eyes

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 03:47:23 PM

Good guy.....  lol....  That's rich.....   Oh wait....  That's funny too!!!  L O L

Conservatives / Libertarians jumping in to repudiate the words of someone 10000 times richer than them in 3...2...1  Roll Eyes

LOL  Can't wait.

Buffett is a good guy that's not afraid to tell it like it is.  He may be extremely rich, but he hasn't let it get to his head and he's remained an advocate of NOT raping the middle class to give welfare to the rich.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 02:49:08 PM

The Saga continues....  And some thought he was being serious *fo' shame*

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/buffett-irs-back-taxes/2011/09/01/id/409520?s=al&promo_code=CF64-1

But it turns out that Buffett’s own company, Berkshire Hathaway, has had every opportunity to pay more taxes over the last decade. Instead, it’s been mired in a protracted legal battle with the Internal Revenue Service over a bill that one analyst estimates may total $1 billion.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Report: Buffett's Berkshire Owes $1 Billion In Back Taxes
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!
Absolutely shocking.  Roll Eyes

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 03:10:10 PM

The Saga continues....  And some thought he was being serious *fo' shame*

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/buffett-irs-back-taxes/2011/09/01/id/409520?s=al&promo_code=CF64-1

But it turns out that Buffett’s own company, Berkshire Hathaway, has had every opportunity to pay more taxes over the last decade. Instead, it’s been mired in a protracted legal battle with the Internal Revenue Service over a bill that one analyst estimates may total $1 billion.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Report: Buffett's Berkshire Owes $1 Billion In Back Taxes
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

Im shocked, I tell you, shocked!.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 11:29:55 PM

Newsmax is the only media outlet reporting this at the moment.

Regardless check this out,

http://www.e-wisdom.com/news/banking/money-market/report-record-amount-of-money-sitting-in-savings-accounts-110210026/

Everyone's hoarding there money.
The Script

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 01:31:39 AM

http://www.e-wisdom.com/news/banking/money-market/report-record-amount-of-money-sitting-in-savings-accounts-110210026/

Define "hoarding".  Do you simply mean "amass money or valued objects and store away", and is it bad?
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 01:41:48 AM

Define "hoarding".  Do you simply mean "amass money or valued objects and store away", and is it bad?
Corporations are hoarding their record profits. Collectivity they have enough money to invest and bring the unemployment rate down to 5%...

That is the truth..
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 06:18:28 AM

Define "hoarding".  Do you simply mean "amass money or valued objects and store away", and is it bad?
Corporations are hoarding their record profits. Collectivity they have enough money to invest and bring the unemployment rate down to 5%...

That is the truth..

You know why this is happening? Yes, in the back of your mind you guess it right (even when you wont admit it Wink ): government regulations.

What that article is not telling you is that most USA corporations have big piles of cash... but outside the USA. And why they dont bring the money back to the USA and invest? Because if they want to bring the money back to the USA they have to pay a tax. Because in most cases its not worth it they keep the money outside the USA and investment does not happen.

Btw, this is a distraction of the main topic. The fact that Warren Buffet profits from rising certain taxes and that he refuses to pay others, shows how hypocrite he is and how easy the progressives can be diluded into supporting personal agendas.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
The Script

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 06:52:54 AM

That is the truth..

Again, please define what you mean by "hoard". How is it different an saving?
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:04:13 AM

That is the truth..

So you think when over 20% of the population is out of work (counting underemployed), and everything is at the cheapest it has been in over 50 years, your advice is to SAVE?
The Script

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:56:56 AM

That is the truth..

So you think when over 20% of the population is out of work (counting underemployed), and everything is at the cheapest it has been in over 50 years, your advice is to SAVE?

No, my advice is to invest.  Do you think SPENDING will fix everything?  Are you going to answer the question about how you define hoarding?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: