Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:49:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KUcoin forcing KYC for every users  (Read 562 times)
Nalbo (OP)

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:19:44 PM

KUCoin has decided to force KYC for every of it's users.

In an attempt to remain as one of the most trustworthy and transparent exchanges in operation, KuCoin will start enforcing KYC checks on users. This measure is to ensure KuCoin remains compliant with the developing regulations in the crypto industry.

Forcing KYC was the one of the reason for once number one exchange Bitrex to move down to 7th position at current time.
KUCoin is not even in top 30. What will be the effect of such move be on the exchange and cryptocurrency overall?

https://news.kucoin.com/en/kucoin-will-enforce-kyc-for-users/
Tipstar

Activity: 1806
Merit: 298

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:31:05 PM

That's a bad decision early for the exchange. Binance the leader is not asking for KYC upto 2BTC daily trading.
The move would increase the dependence of Binance.
KYC with it's recent misuses have led negative image of it on every investors and traders.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

mariomerula

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:32:52 PM

Personally I don't have problems doing KYC but this decision will make KUCoin down with many positions in exchanges list....

▰▰▰▰▰ CRYPKART ▰▰▰▰▰ (https://crypkart.com)
▰ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure. ▰
Petersha

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:36:28 PM

There are many small traders who will eliminate and will start trading on other exchanges as there are many Dex on the way.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:37:58 PM

I don't have problem with kyc but there's some people that want to remain anonymous and this decision will make them leave kucoin. I don't understand why they have to force it, why not just let non kyc have lower withdrawal limit like binance, and the one that already pass the kyc have a much bigger limit.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Temmy007

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:40:06 PM

I don't have problem with kyc but there's some people that want to remain anonymous and this decision will make them leave kucoin. I don't understand why they have to force it, why not just let non kyc have lower withdrawal limit like binance, and the one that already pass the kyc have a much bigger limit.
Exactly what they should have done, I don't just understand compulsory kyctissue with them, I have stop using the exchange for now
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:41:20 PM

DEXs are coming dont worry... blocknet and komodo will be the biggest exchanges within 2 years or perhaps less.... just another gox type event to really motivate us all to move over. That and a big user experience upgrade is all we are waiting for.

adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:48:23 PM

Maybe this will really help them in developing and enhancing the security of users. As we see, all large exchanges are obliged to attract their users to KYC, and this gives them the opportunity to take the leading positions among all exchanges.

Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:56:58 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2018, 02:33:46 PM by Script3d

its inevitable for all of the exchanges out there the government is the one forcing them to collect information about their users otherwise they cant operate their exchange. you should not worry about it if your not laundering money. there are some useful purpose of KYC in order to eliminate those people who use their exchange or crypto to launder money.

That's a bad decision early for the exchange. Binance the leader is not asking for KYC upto 2BTC daily trading.
The move would increase the dependence of Binance.
KYC with it's recent misuses have led negative image of it on every investors and traders.
Binance would have KYC if they didnt move out in china they moved their headquarters and servers on japan because of the crypto ban on china before.

It does not make sense really, I hope they re-think this situation as many users join just to sell a few tokens and a a KYC procedure is going to drive them away from the exchange.
there are alot of exchanges out there why pick the ones who needs kyc?
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:58:26 PM

Kucoin forcing KYC? maybe that's bad news for kucoin users, I hope that binance will not follow their step to force KYC for users.

EugeneReigns

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

Express Gratitude With Merit

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:02:13 PM

I think it is OK. It will become an inevitable procedure in the nearest future. Sooner or later. Especially if the cryptocurrency will become regulated by the international community and local governments. They will definitely require traders to undergo KYC procedure.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:03:56 PM

I'm eagerly waiting for the decentralised exchange proposed by binance. Which will use BNB as a base currency.
And I wonder where the value of KCS would reach. I just bought them a couple of days ago and they are already crashing.

entemeister

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:07:07 PM

The problem is not that the exchanges carry out the kYC verification, the problem is to know if the exchanges are going to store that information correctly and to know if they are going to guarantee the security of that information. Considering that exchanges are often hacked to steal coins, I don't want to imagine what can happen if the hackers start stealing personal documents of users.
duchaitp

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:07:45 PM

If a user does not accept KYC, is there a limit to withdraw coins from Kucoin? I do not want to have to go through KYC.
superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:10:39 PM

It does not make sense really, I hope they re-think this situation as many users join just to sell a few tokens and a a KYC procedure is going to drive them away from the exchange.
Nobody is going to cancel the KYC. I honestly do not understand why Kucoin decided to verify its users, but perhaps in the near future KYC will introduce other exchanges.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

https://listfaucet.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 01:28:40 PM

We are clearly heading towards a controlled and uncontrolled cryptocurrency market. They would make it difficult to convert the crypto from uncontrolled market to fiat but with the nature of crypto, there would be a plenty of loopholes to venture.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Top 5 Crypto Faucets - Earn Crypto For Free! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1. VieFaucet  ♥♥♥  2. Earnbitmoon.club ♥♥♥ 3. Feyyora.top  ♥♥♥  4. Coinpayz.com ♥♥♥  5. Adbtc.top
⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏
zpopdream

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:32:38 PM

That's actually quite predictable. I mean KYC is introduced by everyone now - projects, exchanges and etc.
Well, we can understand their postion: the exchange wants to operate fairly and safely for themselves - nothing wrong
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:33:24 PM

I think that sooner or later all exchanges will have to force KYC for their users, due to legal regulations. So the only way to keep anonymity for traders is to use DEXs. But most of them don't have enough volume to satisfy big investors.

steplaza

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:38:57 PM

I'm also annoyed by that, but have to agree that this will be the trend for future exchanges..eventually most or all of the will ask for KYC I suppose...
RajaCripto

Activity: 124

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:39:03 PM

I think this is bad news. It should not require KYC, it would be very difficult if the person does not have a passport. I strongly disagree if kucoin requires KYC
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: