Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:56:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Warning - Glitch Detected - Buying more coins than balance should allow!  (Read 1832 times)
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:54:57 PM

today I am on Cryptsy, checking out the prices and watching how they are plummeting. I decide to use the remaining BTC I have in my account to buy up some coins.

Now mind you, I am mostly in alts, and the only BTC I have is from dumping GDC.

My balance at the time was 0.38215258 BTC.

So I decide to buy SBC, it looks like a bargain. I entire the full amount that I have available and decide to hit a sell wall. The order doesn't execute, I guess its due to trading engine lag. So I cancel my trade. I get a confirmation that my trade cancelled and my BTC are returned to my account.

I decide to then go ahead and place a bid on DGC. I again enter the full amount in BTC which is 0.38215258 BTC. My bid sits there and bots start jumping in front of me, burying my bid.

THEN TO MY HORROR, A TRADE IN SBC EXECUTES FOR 0.38215258 BTC

I am like "WTF!" That buy should have never happened, I was refunded my BTC when I cancelled that SBC buy order and its now tied up in a DGC buy order. So I say to myself, I will leave my DGC buy order to see what happens.

1 HOUR LATER, MY DGC BUY ORDER EXECUTES FOR 0.38215258 BTC.

here is the proof.

So basically, Cryptsy fucked up and let me buy more coins that I should have, because any ONE of those trades should have brought my BTC balance down to zero. Now chances are that  Cryptsy will place a negative BTC balance on my account and I will have to bring it up to zero before I can withdrawal any coins.

I can be a proper dick and just empty my account before they catch on, but over .38 BTC its not even worth it. I will just move BTC into the account and bring it up to date. I shouldn't have to be forced to sell either my SBC or DGC, because that might result in a loss for me and that is total bullshit.

UPDATE: Being a dick is out of the question, Just ran an audit and this is what I am presented with.

CRYPTSY FIX YOUR SHIT. Fair warning to you and to everyone. Becareful because you might buy more than you should and you can be in a deep hole with Cryptsy, especially on the more illiquid, wide spread coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
refer_2_me

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:56:56 PM

There is an audit my balances button on your balance page, give it a click and see if it fixes it.

BTC: 1reFerkRnftob5YvbB112bbuwepC9XYLj
XPM: APQpPZCfEz3kejrYTfyACY1J9HrjnRf34Y
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:00:55 PM

There is an audit my balances button on your balance page, give it a click and see if it fixes it.

You are not understanding me...the SBC trade should have never happened because when I cancelled it the BTC were returned to me, and if the BTC were NOT returned to me than I should have not been able to put in a buy order on DGC.
e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:02:40 PM

I can be a proper dick and just empty my account before they catch on, but over .38 BTC its not even worth it. I will just move BTC into the account and bring it up to date. I shouldn't have to be forced to sell either my SBC or DGC, because that might result in a loss for me and that is total bullshit.

no you can't because they run an audit before withdrawals.
click on Audit and you will see your BTC balance is negative

tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:04:44 PM

no you can't because they run an audit before withdrawals.
click on Audit and you will see your BTC balance is negative

Its negative, fuck Cryptsy.

2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:13:01 PM

Same thing happened to me - now negative MEC.
Wish I was short MEC.
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:13:55 PM

If I sell enough coins to cover the negative balance and then run an audit shouldn't that bring me back up to even?  I admit that I should have cancelled my DGC buy once I saw the SBC order execute. I guess its a small price to pay for proof of how broken their system is.
dfox101

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:17:08 PM

sucks, with negative amount, your withdraw disabled until the negative amount gone...
maxsolnc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 10:17:42 PM

I lose near 9000 Quarks in the same way. Negative balance -9000 Quarks sold at 0.00011, and Cryptsy in fact made me to send my coins to them, because I needed to choose: to lose 9000 Quarks or to lose several BTC and other coins - total near 5 BTC, not many, but not cents. That's it.

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:26:34 PM

Needs to be fixed imo asap. I sold some NET then somehow managed to sell the same coins again?

I cancelled a BTC order which added the BTC back to my balance of BTC (adjusting the BTC balance correctly) but the NET negative balance still remained? So I then ran an audit which showed 'no changes' though the negative NET balance changed from a bold to normal font. I just noticed now I was running a small negative BTC balance again somehow so again ran an audit. This time it showed the negative BTC balance was zeroed out and the balance changed from a bold to a normal font on my balances page but it doesnt show as a negative amount in my balances on the list on the left of the home page, yet the NET still does  Huh

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:18:29 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 04:32:39 AM by cryptohunter

I lose near 9000 Quarks in the same way. Negative balance -9000 Quarks sold at 0.00011, and Cryptsy in fact made me to send my coins to them, because I needed to choose: to lose 9000 Quarks or to lose several BTC and other coins - total near 5 BTC, not many, but not cents. That's it.

Crapsy just went full retard. That place is actually a minefield now, the bugs are wild and they have no control

My btc balance went negative for no reason, no trades had occured nothing. I mean how THE F*CK do you get a negative balance on any kind of working exchange anyway.  Hit audit, that found nothing.

So i sold some coins to top up the btc to the green again because waiting for them to help is a waste of time.  So i topped up my btc into credit again, and just though well i've lost some coins somewhere but still i'm out of negative.

Came back an hour later, went to withdraw some more coins and see i'm negative again?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?WTF  this site is literally just eating coins. Again no trades recorded in the history???

The code is screwed, i mean we all want our coins off of there on to a decent exchange that works right, but sadly there is nothing at all except cryptsy for some of the ALTS. Why nobody else has stepped up and taken some of the alts on i have no idea.

This will never end, the lags were terrible and crippled trading, the missing coins that did return after a few hours or when they bothered to audit again very annoying and made you lose money on trades. Now the site just eats coins with no action on your part. If you try and withdraw this morning you get please log in to the site message , when of course i am already logged in.

Is this a comedy show, are our webcams on somehow and cryptsy is showing this live somewhere, people freaking out as they just watch their wealth destroyed in stranger and more bizarre ways every time they try to do anything on that site.

Crapsy, sorry but that is your name now, please change to crapsy.com at once that is a far more accurate and descriptive domain name for this place.

Kryptox

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:54:14 AM

I can be a proper dick and just empty my account before they catch on, but over .38 BTC its not even worth it.

Well I hope no one ever trusts you with more than 0.38 BTC. 
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:57:25 AM

There is a reason I stopped suggesting cryptsy and put BTER in my signature.

Hey 10% off trade fees for people who sign up under a referral, not that you guys aren't already signed up there  Cool

2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:10:28 AM

Bter is down. 
zosi

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:30:38 AM

wonder why are people still using it, russian/chinese exchanges seem more reliable than that shit website, first thing they should have done during those problematic weeks was to immediatly take the site down and fix everything asap, they didn't, business as usual.
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:37:34 AM

Try it if you don't believe me.

You aren't getting any free coins.

That wasn't the case a little over a week ago...
holzer

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:40:02 AM

Cryptsy is up but the trading has halted as of 10:22pm EST.
Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:35:10 AM

I wrote a long response. But I cut 90% out.

Here is the bottom line:

The BIG GUNS are preparing to enter this field. I can sense it!

And when they do all these that can't already meet the demands of their customers will be burnt toast.

By Spring 2014 this is past history, and the BIG GUNS will have arrived.

So far only two Exchanges are even trying to meet their customers demands.
And both of them are lagging, buggy, and so far not anywhere near up to the challenge.
BUT at least their trying while all the others play favorites, freezing out much of the competition, and attempt to re-centralize in vain.

Big Guns Wink Here they come...!

Hundreds of millions, if not Billions will soon be made in just this Exchange Business in the next months directly ahead. All these existing Exchanges need to re-evaluate everything if they don't want to find out what occurs when the deep pockets arrive and their still not up to par. If they don't already have many happy customers by then they will easily be lured away by the new Big Guns soon to arrive on scene.

P.S. I received not one, but two e-mails out of the blue informing me I have a negative balance. But not referring to what the negative balance is on, or how much. And I can't find any negative balance. Huh

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:19:55 AM

I wrote a long response. But I cut 90% out.

P.S. I received not one, but two e-mails out of the blue informing me I have a negative balance. But not referring to what the negative balance is on, or how much. And I can't find any negative balance. Huh

Haha! me too,checked it and all looks good.

I'm out and waiting for the dust to settle,I do agree that big guns will be arriving and they gonna clean up the show,Cryptsy may survive but atm it appears to be getting worse
unfortunately.
To be honest too many alts are screwing the image of crypto world  and greed in trading them when we know they are not gonna be here in a few months
Regulation of some sort is necessary for any  emerging and existing alt before trading can be safe and taken seriously,then you will get your withdrawals to dollars etc
Out of chaos will be order but when is the question and that really is down to all of us
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: