Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:49:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC China will be closed. All Bitcoin chinese exchangers will be closed.  (Read 9987 times)
Shaggy2013

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:04:37 AM

So this is just exchange of BTC to Yuan right?  

Or does this stop Chinese from spending BTC on products from BTC accepting companies?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:05:12 AM

Is this from a reputable source? I have concerns about reliability of the source.

The only aim of spreading such news seem as creating a dump in prices and buying cheap coins to make profit after the price is stabilized at a higher rate.

This is just one of method to find a way to get more and more.
Pummke

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:20:22 PM

Is this from a reputable source? I have concerns about reliability of the source.

The only aim of spreading such news seem as creating a dump in prices and buying cheap coins to make profit after the price is stabilized at a higher rate.

Still no official news but tons of "news" after a day  Huh
c933103

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:41:28 PM

Still no official news but tons of "news" after a day  Huh

IMO, Chinese government dislike giving out firmed official statement about stances, but would rather contact all related parties and talk to them individually to get things done..

But anyway, even xinhuanet is reporting this....even its content is just moreorless like others, but this is xinhua.. http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbig5.xinhuanet.com%2Fgate%2Fbig5%2Fnews.xinhuanet.com%2Ffortune%2F2013-12%2F18%2Fc_118603718.htm

and see some news report in chinese...
https://translate.google.com.hk/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.hk%2Fsearch%3Fq%3D比特幣%26safe%3Doff%26tbm%3Dnws
c933103

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:50:17 PM

and, might be reading People's Bank of China's "Notice" would give some hint, but current PBC's site is under network attack and cannot be accessed from some or all places...
Sephera

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 12:52:02 PM

**** China and their communist government this is about control and nothing else.
GB2000

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:42:40 PM

**** China and their communist government this is about control and nothing else.

agree
Gemminyc

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:01:22 PM

I agree, buying/selling/spending Bitcoins can work well only in countries with high degree of freedom. The China ride was fun, but Bitcoin had to end at some point in China.
Noanet

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:01:30 PM

agree

Chinese has strict control of money movement, and you can't just wire your RMB to other countries.
I guess the gov't is feared that people would buy btc in chinese exchange, send to bitstamp or btc-e, and get back USD.
Zoella

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:11:14 PM

i think everyone just needs to calm down, while a few countries or banks may ban BTC, its not going to get banned worldwide or made illigal

The main central banks already warned agaist Bitcoin - last week

French central bank warns over bitcoin risks
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/05/us-france-bitcoin-idUSBRE9B40IF20131205

Australia and New Zealand warns against Bitcoin- last week

Thailand already banned Bitcoin 6 months ago

USA- you cannot deal with Bitcoin beacause the banks would close your bank account.

China already banned businesses to exchange(sell and buy for real money ) Bitcoin yesterday

These are facts.

This is twice now you've lied about the US status of BTC.  There is at least one US based legal BTC exhange.  It offers payment via ACH, wire transfer, and US Postal Service money order.

https://campbx.com/
Lexomatico

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:20:19 PM

In most countries where you are a free person and not a brainwashed dumbass, so basically anywhere outside of china,russia and north korea (not counting the unimportant countrys now)
it doesnt matter if they give a warning about btc, ban it or even make it illegal...you can trade, buy and sell all day in another currency and country and just cash it out via bank transfer. Now i read you cant even recieve payments in china and was asking myself...When my country decides to control me, why am i still there?
Andy_Forscemproni

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:12:34 PM

Regardless of whether or not it has been confirmed via the Chinese Government, the effect is real.

fiatleak.com is showing no bitcoin entering China at the moment (granted, it is odd hours for them).

This means that the Chinese people believe the non-official sources are as good as any official source, probably through past experience.

If it turns out that these rumors are really false, then it just goes to show you how many people were simply in it as a get-rich quick scheme. To any true believer, 500$ is extremely under-priced. This doesn't mean that all of the people selling are not true believers (people do day trade bitcoin, look at the speculation section on this forum), but that the majority of them were just in it to make some quick cash.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:16:55 PM

IMO, the banks from worldwide will ban all the Bitcoin exchangers soon(in the following months). I recommend you to sell your Bitcoin now. The rate should go down fast.

Nice FUD try  Wink

Some countries support freedom, at least I hope.
ClockCat

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:53:24 PM

i think everyone just needs to calm down, while a few countries or banks may ban BTC, its not going to get banned worldwide or made illigal

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/05/us-france-bitcoin-idUSBRE9B40IF20131205

USA- you cannot deal with Bitcoin beacause the banks would close your bank account.

China already banned businesses to exchange(sell and buy for real money ) Bitcoin yesterday

These are facts.

This is twice now you've lied about the US status of BTC.  There is at least one US based legal BTC exhange.  It offers payment via ACH, wire transfer, and US Postal Service money order.

Isn't Cryptsy also US based? I believe they were. That's another one added to the list. Coinbase also works too, and I think they are as well.
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:57:51 PM

Isn't Cryptsy also US based? I believe they were. That's another one added to the list. Coinbase also works too, and I think they are as well.

Cryptsy does not deal with USD, this make things easy and very safe
FreeGiz

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:06:53 PM

as I read from chinese news page, the 3rd party exchange releated to BTC is baned in china, all acount have to withdraw from now on, before chinese new year.
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:08:09 PM

as I read from chinese news page, the 3rd party exchange releated to BTC is baned in china, all acount have to withdraw from now on, before chinese new year.

Best would be withdraw Bitcoins  Smiley
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:14:35 PM

These are facts.

Many, many people are having problems with CampBX, including me.  They say it's due to being short staffed but there have been so many delays I fear it could have something to do with the authorities, or them trying to comply with the authorities' requests.  

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
OKNXT

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:50:04 PM

Never mind.

We will have p2p exchange very soon.

Zoella

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 05:23:55 PM

These are facts.

Many, many people are having problems with CampBX, including me.  They say it's due to being short staffed but there have been so many delays I fear it could have something to do with the authorities, or them trying to comply with the authorities' requests.  

Ouch, that sucks.  What kind of delays, and how long are we talking?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: