Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:14:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are we in a bear market? How long until reversal? Or are we only consolidating, then going up again very soon?
Bear market, but it will only last < 1 month
Bear market, > 1 month, < 3 months
Bear market, > 3 months, < 6 months
Bear market, > 6 months
Not in a bear market at all: uptrend resumes within a few days

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear market confirmed? Bear market confirmed!  (Read 1071 times)
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:58:40 PM

Or you don't think so?

I don't want to bore you with my feeble attempts at technical analysis, that half of this board doesn't believe in anyway, but let's say I'm probably not the only one who doesn't see us going to DA MOON again a week from now.  Then again, I'm sure there's quite a few here who would disagree with that :D

So let's say we're going down from here. How long will we be in that bear market? That's another question. At least one guy who's opinion I usually respect seems to think we're in for a really long bear market, well into the next year. I'm not that pessimistic myself, but a month or two of slow decline is something I definitely see as a real possibility.

Shall we have a vote on this? Put down our prediction, see how it turns out?

One thing: please don't complain that there aren't more "bullish" options. We just went from 1200 to 600/700 -- there is no way you can call that bullish. The only question is: do you believe we will recover really quickly, or will it take a while.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
justice

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:09:06 PM

so knc sold miners, about 20k btc are being cashed out.
MindGrenade

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:10:26 PM

I think we will see a steady climb back to 900 once the dust has settled, followed by a several week long bear market.

Then were back in rally territory. Wall street money this time!
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:12:19 PM

Or you don't think so?

I don't want to bore you with my feeble attempts at technical analysis, that half of this board doesn't believe in anyway, but let's say I'm probably not the only one who doesn't see us going to DA MOON again a week from now.  Then again, I'm sure there's quite a few here who would disagree with that Cheesy

So let's say we're going down from here. How long will we be in that bear market? That's another question. At least one guy who's opinion I usually respect seems to think we're in for a really long bear market, well into the next year. I'm not that pessimistic myself, but a month or two of slow decline is something I definitely see as a real possibility.

Shall we have a vote on this? Put down our prediction, see how it turns out?

One thing: please don't complain that there aren't more "bullish" options. We just went from 1200 to 600/700 -- there is no way you can call that bullish. The only question is: do you believe we will recover really quickly, or will it take a while.

The main market is BTC China. Yesterday, whilst Gox and Bitstamp were pushing towards previous support levels, they smashed through their support level and the BTC China chart is looking bearish as hell now, and this is the market driver. One would have to think, that BTC China is going to go much lower, and it will drag the USD markets with it back to demoralising low levels.

I believe we are going much lower, but for how long is anyone's guess. For the good of Bitcoin (not for the good of speculators pockets), I would like to see an extended trending/stagnation period in Bitcoin, which will be good for facilitating trade. The darknet site which I frequent for novelty produce has been down for over a week, just as well or thanks to the latest Bitcoin crash, there would be multiple vendors in bankcrupt situations, with some no doubt owing a lot of money to some rather dangerous people. Infact, I wonder if the operators of the site have deliberately pulled the site down, knowing what has went before and seeing history repeat itself.

So I hope for a good few months of trending/stagnation and that is what I voted for....but I am only guessing. I am however confident and am placing my bets on much lower prices than we see just now at $650.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:19:07 PM

I think we will see a steady climb back to 900 once the dust has settled, followed by a several week long bear market.

Oh, I'm sure we'll see rally territory at some point. But "several week long bear market" can range from 2 weeks (b(e)arely worth selling your coins) to ~6 month (like in 2011 -- when many people lost hope and gave up on Bitcoin). That's why it matters how long it'll last.

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:20:16 PM

I believe now, after the chaff, most people mean to be in until the middle of next year minimum.

I believe traders are having a difficult time predicting things to their advantages, and in any case the majority try to ride uptrends (not short) and generally bank on Bitcoin going up.

Whatever is happening today and tomorrow, I believe most here believe Bitcoin is going up substantially from January next year.

This makes me believe that at best for the bears, we will go "sideways" (700 - 900 in Bitcoin terms!) for a short time (2 weeks).

A lot of "believing" from me - maybe you "know" better?  Grin

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:22:11 PM

Oh, I'm sure we'll see rally territory at some point. But "several week long bear market" can range from 2 weeks (b(e)arely worth selling your coins) to ~6 month (like in 2011 -- when many people lost hope and gave up on Bitcoin). That's why it matters how long it'll last.

Bitcoin is dead. Once and for all. The third time now. This means we should lose 3x more hope than 2011 Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:24:41 PM

Bitcoin is dead. Once and for all. The third time now. This means we should lose 3x more hope than 2011 Wink

Sure. I don't believe that. You don't believe that. But if enough people *do* believe it, at least for a while, it takes longer before we go to a new ATH, right?

ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:32:22 PM

Sure. I don't believe that. You don't believe that. But if enough people *do* believe it, at least for a while, it takes longer before we go to a new ATH, right?
In my opinion, the current trend will continue for a month or so and then it will start rising, not to the moon, but to something like stratosphere.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:47:55 PM

This.  Unfortunately, I'll be forced to double my bitcoins...again!  Ugh!

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:50:06 PM

This.  Unfortunately, I'll be forced to double my bitcoins...again!  Ugh!

Doesn't really answer the question though, does it? Smiley

BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:03:36 PM

Idk, i just look at the 2 year chart and see this bubble and its on the way down. To similar to the Tulip bubble Wink
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:15:10 PM

Idk, i just look at the 2 year chart and see this bubble and its on the way down. To similar to the Tulip bubble Wink

Unpredictable. Maybe the price will follow the standard bubble life cycle. Maybe people recognize that it's the 3rd bubble within little more than 2 years and learned not to sell at the bottom. Those people who sold @63 a few months back don't look very smart now, do they?

But most likely, there will be some sort of crash somewhere in the other markets at which point people will panic and run for exits, Bitcoin being one of them. Luxembourg is ready for a Cyprus style desaster, but on a very different magnitude. A war China/Japan can start any moment. Stock markets around the world are Black Fridays waiting to happen. Not even talking about the mother of all bubbles - our fiat money system. Any of that can send Bitcoin to Andromeda.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
cdtc

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:20:13 PM

I think that the current trend will continue like this for two weeks most and then it will rise again.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:20:49 PM

Unpredictable. Maybe the price will follow the standard bubble life cycle. Maybe people recognize that it's the 3rd bubble within little more than 2 years and learned not to sell at the bottom. Those people who sold @63 a few months back don't look very smart now, do they?

But most likely, there will be some sort of crash somewhere in the other markets at which point people will panic and run for exits, Bitcoin being one of them. Luxembourg is ready for a Cyprus style desaster, but on a very different magnitude. A war China/Japan can start any moment. Stock markets around the world are Black Fridays waiting to happen. Not even talking about the mother of all bubbles - our fiat money system. Any of that can send Bitcoin to Andromeda.
I do agree with your statement.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:26:39 PM

I think we were more or less consolidating, but with the recent news from China we've been pushed further into bearish territory for a while. I don't really believe in a prolonged bear market though, just a little bit of coin redistribution and tree shakin' before the next push upwards somewhere between January and April 2014. Smiley

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:35:47 PM

I think we were more or less consolidating, but with the recent news from China we've been pushed further into bearish territory for a while. I don't really believe in a prolonged bear market though, just a little bit of coin redistribution and tree shakin' before the next push upwards somewhere between January and April 2014. :)

Best answer so far!

(and by "best" I mean: most similar to my own sentiment :P)

dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:40:55 PM

Looks like we're heading back to the stagnant exponential growth trend of the last few years

Edit: added a comma
diedicar

Activity: 156

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:42:00 PM

in one month or so every china effect will be overcome. And then it's up to supply/ demand (With no supply at all, but al people hoarding like goblins in their caves.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: