Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:52:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto holds 980,000 Bitcoins.. does anyone know their addresses?  (Read 14883 times)
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 03:18:30 PM

does anyone know their addresses
No one knows until next year

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
SheriffBass

Activity: 77
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 03:28:01 PM

I need Help finding/ recovering my bitcoins off an old hard drive!!
I am very primitive when it comes to computers do not know coding, Python or any other PC language just a simple Windows operator!

Any bitcoin/blockchain specific identifying file, cookies, programs, scripts.... names to plug in to the recovery software search that would hint to existence of bitcoin/ wallet or blockchain on the old hard drives?
any Windows software that I can download/ buy to find/ recover them?
What do you recommend to see if it's worth going to the next step of professional recovery?? 

Thank you all.
Bitcoinqubit

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 03:31:14 PM

I need Help finding/ recovering my bitcoins off an old hard drive!!
I am very primitive when it comes to computers do not know coding, Python or any other PC language just a simple Windows operator!

Any bitcoin/blockchain specific identifying file, cookies, programs, scripts.... names to plug in to the recovery software search that would hint to existence of bitcoin/ wallet or blockchain on the old hard drives?
any Windows software that I can download/ buy to find/ recover them?
What do you recommend to see if it's worth going to the next step of professional recovery?? 

Thank you all.

why you post it here .. post it in the sub ... and get help mate...*

Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 03:41:51 PM

I don't think we can actually classify which one is from Satoshi Nakamoto. We can but not at all, there are so many combinations of addresses in the blockchain all of them are transparent but we can't classify who own them, maybe in the future there will be someone who can specify all of the Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin addresses and for sure it will be great news to all of us because finally, we can able to track if Satoshi is moving his bitcoin into other's wallet, or anything like that.
Also, I don't think Satoshi own exactly 980,000 BTC's for sure in a matter of time it'll lessen.
Mastercore

Activity: 5
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 05:37:07 PM

How do we know if Satoshi has never moved any of the coins if we are unsure of exactly what wallets he controlled?
Are there people out there actively watching all his "supposed" wallets.

For the sake of community, I think it would be fair for any person out there who has done the leg work and compiled a list of address "most likely" to be Satoshi's should share it in a .txt or .csv file so the community can all freely analyse these addresses and place watches on them for any future movement of coins from them.

Onuohakk

Activity: 672
Merit: 29

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 10:59:43 AM

Where do you know Satoshi is holding 980000 bitcoins? I don't think any one knows the addresses belong to Satoshi. So the number of coins Satoshi owns is also unknown.
I think he'll help us to find Satoshi whereabouts. Maybe we'll start from there to get one of the address. OP I think you should ask the people that gave you the total amount of bitcoin that Satoshi holds (980,000) about the addresses cos we don't know

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2019, 01:56:44 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 02:44:17 PM by BitcoinFX

Harold Thomas Finney II, a southern California coder, was Satoshi. He claimed to have received the first transaction from Satoshi just a few days after the genesis block. I think he sent the transaction to himself. Satoshi used a @gmx.com mail address. Finney was the very first person to post on the Sourceforge page of Bitcoin using a @gmx.com address. His vernacular and writing style are almost identical to the posts of Satoshi.

Finney knew in late 2009 that he was dying of ALS. The “Satoshi” persona was a necessary creation to remove him from the limelight. Bitcoin was too much for him to control while dealing with the onset of a terminal disease. He turned over the alert keys to Gavin Andresen and backed away from an active role in the development of his creation.

He knew his creation would never be trusted if most of the initially mined “testing” coins were ever to show up on the market so those coins were never spent. He may have intentionally disposed of the private keys to many of the addresses to ensure they would never hurt his brainchild. Some of the coins he mined in the beginning were used to pay for medical bills and cryogenic preservation of his body after his death. Those “Satoshi” addresses are as dead as Hal Finney.

Hal Finney would be my favorite pick out of the candidates for being Satoshi. He was an amazing inspiring person without the Satoshi identity.

Bitcoin and me (Hal Finney) is one of the posts he wrote.

Here is my 2 cents.  Roll Eyes

I do not believe Satoshi ever conceived that this experiment would become this successful and that bitcoins would become this valuable. I think he only mined coins in the beginning to get things going and he most probably lost most of the private keys for those mined coins. <This was just a testing exercise>

Remember, back then most of these coins was virtually worthless, so throwing them around and playing with them was not a big deal. Just imagine if Satoshi has to emerge now and admit that he lost all of the private keys for those coins that was mined in the early days.  Grin

If Bitcoin was solely Hal's creation, he actually made a post early on in the developer section of the sourceforge Bitcoin board where he talked about the price of bitcoin increasing relative to a potentially growing user base vs supply and demand in terms of the world population etc.,

If I recall correctly it ended with him saying that this was "something to think about" ? or something to that effect. I will dig it out and post it if I can find it perhaps.

Smiley

EDIT: Actually it's in the 2009 bitcoin-list ... herewith ...

- https://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailman/message/21312757/

Re: [bitcoin-list] Bitcoin v0.1 released

Satoshi Nakamoto writes:
> Announcing the first release of Bitcoin, a new electronic cash
> system that uses a peer-to-peer network to prevent double-spending.
> It's completely decentralized with no server or central authority.
>
> See bitcoin.org for screenshots.
>
> Download link:
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/bitcoin/bitcoin-0.1.0.rar

Congratulations to Satoshi on this first alpha release.  I am looking
forward to trying it out.

> Total circulation will be 21,000,000 coins.  It'll be distributed
> to network nodes when they make blocks, with the amount cut in half
> every 4 years.
>
> first 4 years: 10,500,000 coins
> next 4 years: 5,250,000 coins
> next 4 years: 2,625,000 coins
> next 4 years: 1,312,500 coins
> etc...

It's interesting that the system can be configured to only allow a
certain maximum number of coins ever to be generated. I guess the
idea is that the amount of work needed to generate a new coin will
become more difficult as time goes on.

One immediate problem with any new currency is how to value it. Even
ignoring the practical problem that virtually no one will accept it
at first, there is still a difficulty in coming up with a reasonable
argument in favor of a particular non-zero value for the coins.

As an amusing thought experiment, imagine that Bitcoin is successful and
becomes the dominant payment system in use throughout the world.  Then the
total value of the currency should be equal to the total value of all
the wealth in the world. Current estimates of total worldwide household
wealth that I have found range from $100 trillion to $300 trillion. With
20 million coins, that gives each coin a value of about $10 million.

So the possibility of generating coins today with a few cents of compute
time may be quite a good bet, with a payoff of something like 100 million
to 1! Even if the odds of Bitcoin succeeding to this degree are slim,
are they really 100 million to one against? Something to think about...

Hal

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Johnw1010

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 08:38:30 AM

The people who owns bitcoin in the begging already became millionaires.
Skimanner

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 01:08:38 PM

A lot of people say alot of dumb stuff, but its entertaining at least.

The addresses and bitcoins that belong to Nakamoto or the group associated with Nakamoto are estimated at 980,000 and the estimate is simply based on the theory that he likely mined the majority of coins that where mined at the start that never moved after being mined.  Its highly unlikely he was the miner and thus owner of 100% of the mined coins that never moved after being mined and thus he does not have access to all 980k but its logical that he was the miner of 90%+ of those addresses.  Hell a few of the addresses are mine, not that I will ever move them since I had formatted that hard drive at least a dozen times in the following few years and then donated the entire computer to the local library.

Most people in my situation stress out being depressed endlessly about how rich they would be if they had been smart enough or lucky enough to never format, sell, destroy their hard drive from the early mining days when we mined thousands  if bitcoins easily but the thing is that the logic is totally flawed.  If we made sure to keep the wallet intact then we would of sold the bitcoins a decade ago anyhow.  Hell as soon as they where worth a nickel each they likely would of been sold.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2020, 04:17:54 PM

I believe that satoshi nakamoto has a lot of bitcoin, and I still believe that satoshi nakamoto is alive and certainly satoshi nakamoto will keep the future progress of bitcoin.

The main programmer behind Bitcoin is deceased. However, there are still members living from the original team.
WilderX

Activity: 597
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 07:00:09 PM

SATOSHI AKA CSW ON THE MOVE !!!!!!!

luca1073

Activity: 222
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 12:59:44 PM

SATOSHI AKA CSW ON THE MOVE !!!!!!!

Craig wright is a  bully, detestable liar, he is definitely not Satoshi
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 11:42:05 PM

...the details of extra-nonce parameter for the relevant transaction disprove that totally.

Honestly, it doesn't really prove or disprove anything. The nonce theory suggests which blocks were mined by a single computer, but Satoshi easily could have been mining on more than one computer.

Craig wright is a  bully, detestable liar, he is definitely not Satoshi

I don't think that CW is Satoshi, but Satoshi could be a bully and a detestable liar, too.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
MikeJ_NpC

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

if you want to lie *cough*use your data; not mine.

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 02:13:45 PM

its 970 pages... to big to post..

If Karma is a bitch, then god is a woman. I ask to know, not to be screwed or hear trite excuses (after the fact) which a 3rd grader could do better on. If you give your word, keep it atleast..
Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 03:14:42 PM

Where do you know Satoshi is holding 980000 bitcoins? I don't think any one knows the addresses belong to Satoshi. So the number of coins Satoshi owns is also unknown.
I think he'll help us to find Satoshi whereabouts. Maybe we'll start from there to get one of the address. OP I think you should ask the people that gave you the total amount of bitcoin that Satoshi holds (980,000) about the addresses cos we don't know

Another topic about the creator, Satoshi Nakamoto's whereabouts has been revived.

Truth is, no one actually knows the answer to that question and only the creator himself (if the creator is a male) can answer the exact coins and address that he's holding. Moreover, why is that people are really curious to know his whereabouts or if he's still alive. The man wanted peace, so he hid himself under the radar of modern technology and ever if he wanted to be known, by now, we already knew his true identity. We should just respect his decision because he doesn't want to be found and be thankful that he invented the bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
D ltr

Activity: 1362
Merit: 258

Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 03:41:35 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto holds 980,000 Bitcoins.. does anyone know their addresses so we know if he/she/they are active in the market? I would guess Bitcoin is their baby and they wouldn't do anything to manipulate the prices and hurt Bitcoin. But would they be taking corrective measures to fight off some of the other whales?

Its kinda weird question but interesting to me if Satoshi Nakamoto is still "alive" and watching.

actually no one knows how many satoshi have bitcoin, I don't know where did you get this data ?
i personally don't know sathosi's btc address
so I'm waiting for more detailed data from you

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
████████▄████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀
▀██████████████▀
███████▀▀
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

INSTANT

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
██████████████████████▀▀
████████▀░░░░▀████████
██████▀░▄█▀▀█▄░▀██████
██████░▄▀░░░░▀▄░██████
██████░█░░░░░░█░██████
██████▄░▀▄▄▄▄▀░▄██████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
███░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░███
██▌░▐█░░░░░░░░░░█▌░▐██
██░░░█░░░░▄▄░░░░█░░░██
███▄░█▌░░▀██▀░░▐█░▄███
██████▌░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████████████████████▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

NO KYC 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

OWN LIQUIDITY RESERVES    

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
BTC

ETH

LTC
DOGE

TRX

BNB
TRC20

ERC20

BEP20
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████

SWAP NOW 

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
ayuskabob

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 03:55:49 PM

It amazes me that some think to this day that Satoshi is 1 person,it's romantic to think this way,heroic,could even be a movie,but not only it's much more probable to be a group but IMO an army of coder/hackers of any certain government,kinda like Tor.
S_Speche

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 06:45:30 PM

Just another whale. World's first, and biggest HODLER. Relax.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeplL5pWIAAj6wN?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
Tommiewill

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 14, 2022, 08:52:10 AM

He's probably looking at this post right now. You can view any address, but you may not know who is behind the address. It could be me or you.
Aanuoluwatofunmi

Activity: 630
Merit: 410

View Profile
December 14, 2022, 09:25:46 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto holds 980,000 Bitcoins.. does anyone know their addresses so we know if he/she/they are active in the market? I would guess Bitcoin is their baby and they wouldn't do anything to manipulate the prices and hurt Bitcoin. But would they be taking corrective measures to fight off some of the other whales?

Its kinda weird question but interesting to me if Satoshi Nakamoto is still "alive" and watching.

Always make use of a matching topic to the content not the thread created, how does this talks about Binance and taking currency out of centralized exchanges, i agree with you that centralized exchanges aren't the best way to have our bitcoin stored but this title couldn't have been used because the discussion isn't centered on Binance exchange, i don't expect anyone with huge amount of bitcoin in holding to go and have them with centralized exchanges, Satoshi wallet and coins could have been mixed and has always remain private, if we can engage in mixing our transactions addresses for privacy, how much more Satoshi, he has gone beyond you could think being the inventor of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: