Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2018, 07:55:06 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips for newbies, who want to avoid over-quoting  (Read 416 times)
samarnaaz

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:08:19 PM

Hey guess, how can we avoid over quoting...  i can't do this becs i don't know how to do it i am a newbie i can't take risk..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 406
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:25:12 PM

Hey guess, how can we avoid over quoting...  i can't do this becs i don't know how to do it i am a newbie i can't take risk..
Hey noob,
You simply commented to increase your postcount, didn't you?
The topic is for tutorials on avoiding over-quoting, then you came and commented like this.
Only create new threads when you have something meaningful to write, something helpful to discuss; don't create new threads only to rise your postcounts, please.

tbct_mt2

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:33:45 AM

During my time I spent on other altcoin ANN topics in the forum, which have usually been perfect places for shitposters to show their shits, I have tried and gonna keep trying to give them my recommendations, tutorials on how to avoid pyramid quotes (over-quotes in other words).
Hope that some of them might change their composing approach.
1) My recommendations for shit-posters in Light Pay ANN topic
2) Other recommendations on how to avoid pyramid quote and how to see original threads via quoted ones

Notes: I will keep updating the thread with all my works.

Cryptojimmy555

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:43:34 AM

thanks for this. good info!
tbct_mt2

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:24:17 AM

thanks for this. good info!
It's good to see newbie join my topic, which created specifically for newbies.
Let's apply my tutorials for your threads.

By the way, here is link to my other topic, which might be helpful for you:
tbct_mt2's Guideline on some forum functions, English texbooks

Good luck, mate.

Deepa18dec

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:50:13 AM

Thank you for this post. I was always wondering about how do people discuss more than one post in a single comment or just a part of the post but never understood the process. Now I'll try to utilize this info to give my replies a better look.
tbct_mt2

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:45:21 AM

~
Great attitude!
Enjoy it, and change the way you compose your threads, especially threads with quotations inside.
Please spend a couple of minutes to avoid pyramid quotes and fingers-hurts to your readers.

tbct_mt2

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:05:42 AM

Today, I would like to give you supplementary helpful topic on almost the same issue as of my topic.
This one created by @Steamtyme.
Enjoy it via the link here: Posting technique

Of course, there are several overlaps between my topics and Steamtyme's one, but you can find something interesting and useful in the topic I gave you.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.