Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:29:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven.  (Read 73511 times)
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 08:44:54 PM

At the moment NVDIA is outperforming AMD by at least 30%.
This wasn't the case in 2017- beginning 2018. I'm glad I bought the two rigs then (NVDIA & AMD), but sad to watch AMD left to the sidewalk.
Also as for NVDIA cards, best speeds are always noted in the "ti" versions.

Yeah, but every algo is different. AMD outperforms Nvidia in ETH and memory hard algos.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joseph32

Activity: 413
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:21:31 PM

At the moment NVDIA is outperforming AMD by at least 30%.
This wasn't the case in 2017- beginning 2018. I'm glad I bought the two rigs then (NVDIA & AMD), but sad to watch AMD left to the sidewalk.
Also as for NVDIA cards, best speeds are always noted in the "ti" versions.

Yeah, but every algo is different. AMD outperforms Nvidia in ETH and memory hard algos.

Thats why you need the pil. With it nVidia > AMD by a lot.
Binary100100

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 10:10:03 PM

Maybe try another pool? Roll Eyes

Would there be any reason why a pool wouldn't accept AMD cards but would accept NVidia cards?

F2Pool is what I'm using if it matters.
Yeah I'm guessing you like all the others posting and not reading are using 4gb cards.

I actually have the XFX 8gb 570 cards.
Look, it worked fine for a week and then it randomly stopped.
I have two rigs, one with 8 GTX 1080's and another with 4 XFX 570 8GB.
The XFX 570 8gb stopped working because of that error.
Now if you can stop assuming that I'm an idiot for 10 seconds and provide some actual assistance instead of being an asshat it'll be appreciated.
Thanks.

Did you do what Patrike told you to?

I have no idea what happened but on my AMD rig nothing is working right anymore. I'm trying the 6.1.12 version but since installing I can't use the rig at all. I'm trying to avoid doing a clean install of Windows 10 since I'm not sure that's the problem. It's not virtual memory because I have 256G allocated for that.

Anyway, here's what I'm experiencing:

For Grin using GrinPro Miner 1.1 it starts and stops a few times and then crashes the Remote Agent (updated to latest version as well.)

====================================================================================================
C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Roaming\AwesomeMinerService\grinpro_1_1_5\GrinProMiner.exe  api-port=4032

====================================================================================================
Mining Engine Process started, PID: 2364
> Failed to initialize CoreCLR, HRESULT: 0x80070057

Unexpected exit of mining software. Possible cause: Incorrect configuration or crashing software
Diagnostics completed
This error message indicates that GrinPro miner failed to load because it couldn't find or initialize .NET Core 2.2.1 (or ASP.NET Core 2.2.1). This is however a bit strange as you say you can run it manually which indicates that you should have these packages installed already.

If you open cmd.exe and execute the following two command, do you get the same error?
cd C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Roaming\AwesomeMinerService\grinpro_1_1_5
GrinProMiner.exe  api-port=4032

ERROR   Listen errorUnable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
-
This isn't just GrinPro miner related either. I tried to mine ETH and it yielded the same results.
I opted for pastebin for the Windows logs so I wouldn't spam the forum thread more than I already may have. Sorry about that. I couldn't find an option to attach text files.
Any help that you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.
I tried a bit with F2pool grin and found out that for the error message above, you need to force Grin Pro to use SSL connection. In the Properties of your pool in Awesome Miner, please set the Pool Connection URL to:
stratum+ssl://grin29.f2pool.com:13654

I did and it didn't work.
But because I wasn't getting any help whatsoever from this thread I just did a clean install. No idea what was causing the problem in the first place. It would have been nice to know in case it was to happen again.
Binary100100

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:43:10 PM

Would there be any reason why a pool wouldn't accept AMD cards but would accept NVidia cards?

Yeah I'm guessing you like all the others posting and not reading are using 4gb cards.

Now if you can stop assuming that I'm an idiot for 10 seconds and provide some actual assistance instead of being an asshat it'll be appreciated.
Thanks.

I have no idea what happened but on my AMD rig nothing is working right anymore. I'm trying the 6.1.12 version but since installing I can't use the rig at all. I'm trying to avoid doing a clean install of Windows 10 since I'm not sure that's the problem. It's not virtual memory because I have 256G allocated for that.

For Grin using GrinPro Miner 1.1 it starts and stops a few times and then crashes the Remote Agent (updated to latest version as well.)

C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Roaming\AwesomeMinerService\grinpro_1_1_5\GrinProMiner.exe  api-port=4032

Unexpected exit of mining software. Possible cause: Incorrect configuration or crashing software
Diagnostics completed
This error message indicates that GrinPro miner failed to load because it couldn't find or initialize .NET Core 2.2.1 (or ASP.NET Core 2.2.1). This is however a bit strange as you say you can run it manually which indicates that you should have these packages installed already.

If you open cmd.exe and execute the following two command, do you get the same error?
GrinProMiner.exe  api-port=4032

ERROR   Listen errorUnable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
-
This isn't just GrinPro miner related either. I tried to mine ETH and it yielded the same results.
I opted for pastebin for the Windows logs so I wouldn't spam the forum thread more than I already may have. Sorry about that. I couldn't find an option to attach text files.
I tried a bit with F2pool grin and found out that for the error message above, you need to force Grin Pro to use SSL connection. In the Properties of your pool in Awesome Miner, please set the Pool Connection URL to:

But because I wasn't getting any help whatsoever from this thread I just did a clean install. No idea what was causing the problem in the first place. It would have been nice to know in case it was to happen again.
Quit acting so entitled, it isn't anyone's job or duty to help you troubleshoot. So quit being a little prick.

I'm entitled to be treated as you would like to be treated. That's all. A little respect would go a long way. I received none because I'm clearly a noob that can't search and read. I posted a very simple inquiry and all I received in return was a huge pushback ONLY from those that would rather spend time flaming those that have searched, read and as a last resort put up with intolerance and rudeness from people that are clearly better than those in need of help and guidance bit somehow not deserving of it.
If you're willing to help then awesome but if you'd rather waste both of our time trying your best to feel superior just because of a POST COUNT then don't bother. Some of us may be new to this FORUM but not to the subject. Stop treating everyone like their idiots because YOU can't help them. If you can't help then don't. That's all. So simple that even a noob can do it. Wink
Binary100100

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:23:00 AM

Thanks.

C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Roaming\AwesomeMinerService\grinpro_1_1_5\GrinProMiner.exe  api-port=4032

Diagnostics completed

GrinProMiner.exe  api-port=4032

ERROR   Listen errorUnable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
-

Quit acting so entitled, it isn't anyone's job or duty to help you troubleshoot. So quit being a little prick.

I'm entitled to be treated as you would like to be treated. That's all. A little respect would go a long way. I received none because I'm clearly a noob that can't search and read. I posted a very simple inquiry and all I received in return was a huge pushback ONLY from those that would rather spend time flaming those that have searched, read and as a last resort put up with intolerance and rudeness from people that are clearly better than those in need of help and guidance bit somehow not deserving of it.
If you're willing to help then awesome but if you'd rather waste both of our time trying your best to feel superior just because of a POST COUNT then don't bother. Some of us may be new to this FORUM but not to the subject. Stop treating everyone like their idiots because YOU can't help them. If you can't help then don't. That's all. So simple that even a noob can do it. Wink
No you received none because your treating a thread like it's a customer service page or forum. No one here is paid to help you or has a manager for you to call. I did try to help you, I took your error code and researched it with mining and found that reply. The next step was seeing if you followed the steps. If you just would say yes or no then give me time to respond, we were going to go over your os and installing a competing miner.

But you just a fresh install so it solved itself and you can quit whining now.

Let me see if I got this straight.
Your way of "helping" me was by doing exactly what I did to the point that you stumbled onto ANOTHER one of my own posts to where someone else was actually helping me? You made NO effort in helping. Nobody in this thread did. It was assumed that I was using a 4gb 570 card and the only suggestion that was close to being helpful was to try a different pool. See this from my perspective here if you can. I approached this thread after already posting on another because I found that it wasn't Awesome Miner related. Strange that Patrike was of better help on a problem that isn't even related to his program than anyone here was. Right? Seriously, if I had over 1,000 posts and a much earlier join date I'm sure I would have received a lot more respect than what I had received. I'm sure you all get tons of noobs that don't search and it is very frustrating and as someone that has experience in other forums can attest it is much easier to not reply with anything than with satire and negativity towards those that come looking for guidance. A senior member like yourself should know better. You all should. You might be far more knowledgeable on the matter at hand but there are several things that other members such as myself are way more proficient at than you are. Should you seek my assistance with something would you approve with the same amount of treatment as I had received? Probably not. So as I had said, all I wanted was some assistance. If someone (anyone) could have (would have) provided it then it would have been greatly appreciated. Yet we wasted so much of our time with assumptions and flaming of me that nobody here even bothered to help because they were all so quick to judge and assume that a person with less than 20 post count can possibly know how to search and read. Obviously, it was user error and not something technical. Right? I believe I have properly gauged the proper tone and demeanor of this particular thread and due to that I already knew that it would be far easier to wipe everything and start anew than to bother with such inappropriate support from the members here within this thread. I do not nor have I assumed that I was entitled to anything from this group with the exception of some respect and dignity. It is a fact that I had received quite the opposite. Let's not be so quick assume that everyone is completely incompetent and lazy. If you hadn't guessed by now, I am not. I am however intolerant of inappropriate snap judgement by members that lack patience and morals. Yet perhaps if I'm in desperate need of ridicule then I should know where to turn.

FYI, just so you know this isn't directed towards one person but rather the group within this thread. Not you personally kingcolex. Just those that would rather spend time degrading another member instead of helping. Should it not apply then cool. No hard feelings. For those that share such intentions then I suggest they grow up and learn some values.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 03:09:00 AM

Hopefully we will see some grin hardware wallet support soon, until then a nuc is only going to be used for that and that only.
First, let the Windows wallet appear...

Hi guys! We have added Grin to our mining profitability calculator, I hope it helps you!

Regards

Green Mining Profitability Calculator

Excellent! But is it for C29 or C31 algo?

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
pbfarmer

Activity: 340
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 04:12:42 AM

I do think binary has a point.

I mean, to be fair...  this is a lot of shade in 4 (really 2) lines.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:03:53 AM

I much prefer ledger or Trezor over windows for security.

Sounds right. But I prefer Linux-based PC for crypto wallets because of convenience.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 09:55:15 AM

Anyone on sparkpool not having mature balance for withdrawal as of today?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Cryptotourist

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:02:34 AM

<...> You made NO effort in helping. Nobody in this thread did.

Actually mate, with the info you initially provided, both of us sincerely tried to help.
@kingcolex I suppose, is just a bit more frustrated than I am, with noob accounts asking a question that has been answered multiple times just before.
Obviously not in your case, but please don't be so judgemental of people trying to help.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 10:07:43 AM

Hi kingcolex,
Can you spend a couple of seconds to use snip or delete un-used part of original posts for your comment to avoid pyramid quote, please.
Pyramid quoted posts make your posts are too long, hard to follow idea-flow, and contains my time to scroll computer mouse to see pages of the topic.
Thank you.
~
For instance, the above quoted post is extremely pyramid-quoted, it should not pyramid quoted like this.
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:10:37 AM

The news of Grin's quotation on the Bittrex exchange, with pair Btc, is passing in these minutes

If we exclude Okex that made the announcement of the quote different time ago, but still has not opened to the same, Bittrex will be the first big exchange to quote the newborn coin.

New updated Exchange list:

1 www.bitforex.com
2 www.bitmesh.com
3 www.galleon.exchange
4 www.grinpay.org
5 www.chainrift.com
6 www.hb.top
7 www.nexex.io
8 www.Vinex.network
9 www.kkex.vip
10 www.bisq.network
11 www.bit.cc
12 www.lbank.io
13 www.bibox.com
14 www.tradeogre.com
15 www.coinall
16 www.kucoin
17 www.okex   soon
18 www.bittrex.com   soon
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 10:18:18 AM

The news of Grin's quotation on the Bittrex exchange, with pair Btc, is passing in these minutes

If we exclude Okex that made the announcement of the quote different time ago, but still has not opened to the same, Bittrex will be the first big exchange to quote the newborn coin.
It will be better if some days later, after followed Grincoin, Bittrex will list Grincoin into their exchange.
I guess that they will do it soon because Grin coin is a good project, and very very hot, by now.
There are so many crypto investors want to have Grincoin in their portfolios.
busminer

Activity: 1764
Merit: 570

Twitter\X @AlexKosa1

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 10:28:45 AM

Listed on Bittrex 🚀🚀🚀
https://international.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GRIN

Cryptotourist

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:52:35 AM

Bullish. Grin

Xandan

Activity: 1106
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 11:27:39 AM

It is impact if listing on Bittrex that price is already up 30%. I wasn't knowing that Grin is listed on Trex but today's gain made me think little at the possible reason and that drove me to this thread. It seems that in current market conditin's each listing will move the market before making major move upon the reversal of market. It is doing very well for some people already.
fosograf

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:02:04 PM

It is impact if listing on Bittrex that price is already up 30%. I wasn't knowing that Grin is listed on Trex but today's gain made me think little at the possible reason and that drove me to this thread. It seems that in current market conditin's each listing will move the market before making major move upon the reversal of market. It is doing very well for some people already.

All this is cool, but there is still no Win-Wallet Cheesy

Bitcoin Miners

Activity: 440
Merit: 100

Roobet

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 04:23:25 PM

Bittrex, time to fly for GRIN coin.
It's young coin, but it has grown fastly a few months after its start.
Listed on several exchanges, and got massive atention from miners.
Investors want to own Grin coin.
The forum added Grin coin as accepted payment coin, besides bitcoin.
Very good for such a very young project.

coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:49:30 PM

Infortunetly, the windows wallet wasn't a Dev's priority. I found this project http://www.superlinear.io/ promising to be a Native Grin wallet implementation for Mac, Windows, and Linux.

Mugtaiya

Activity: 171
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 06:08:47 PM

New updated Exchange list:

1 www.bitforex.com
2 www.bitmesh.com
3 www.galleon.exchange
4 www.grinpay.org
5 www.chainrift.com
6 www.hb.top
7 www.nexex.io
8 www.Vinex.network
9 www.kkex.vip
10 www.bisq.network
11 www.bit.cc
12 www.lbank.io
13 www.bibox.com
14 www.tradeogre.com
15 www.coinall
16 www.kucoin
17 www.okex   soon
18 www.bittrex.com   soon
Very good for the coin when they get listed.

Just heard about this on another thread.
This should pump the price for the coin because it always does whenever they get listed on a huge exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: