Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:54:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A coin issued by some country government - would you go for it?  (Read 942 times)
Btcschool

Activity: 488
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:52:51 AM

A country own cryptocurrency is not really a bad thing .  It also still signifies that  cryptocurrency is being accepted by many governments. Though, I have heard that some countries have started this, but don't know how true this is. This development will improve the financial state of the citizens who invested, if implemented. But I personally won't invest in such currency,  cause it will be more centralized.
Issuing ICO Is not a bad thing but authentication is mandatory to catch the attraction of people. If I know that new ICO if a certain country is not valuable I will never invest in it, because I want profit against my investment and if there is no sign of profit I will never waste my time and money. Anyway it is good for the promotion of cryptocurrency.

ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:16:21 AM

First of all, I want to see the credibility of this country in the country!

The encrypted currency issued by a country with high credit rating will be invested, because the national issued encryption currency has the credit of this country to be endorsed, with the potential of appreciation!
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 06:18:30 PM

Obvious Should go for it, because it is regulated inside the country and we can use it as legal tender. If govt. had made own crypto that means they would have to legalize the other crypto also i.e ETH, BTC, XRP, XLM etc . actually it would be good signal to crypto supporter

Name: Claudio

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:35:48 PM

Some point it say it is an assurance that when you invest your money in this coin will be high, since they will do a lot of fund raising to make the project successful because when we say 'national' coin it is a big responsibility since this represent a country and its economy so you will not jus play around... and you need to be engaged on serious business.
boatswaincreditE

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:52:37 AM

The same is happening with apple but they havent still faced any harms or failure in thir economic policy.
AsianNapoleon
Copper Member

Activity: 47
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:52:02 AM

ofcourse not, there's never nice gov coin ever
zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:07:16 AM

If a country issues COINS, the country should keep its COINS safe.

If implemented, this development will improve the financial situation of investment citizens. I'm going to invest in some of these COINS because I'm interested in new things.
Jericka D Ranillo

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 02:25:04 AM

If this kind of thing happen here in my country, no doubt I buy as many as I can. Simly because a coin created by government is a huge project. 100% no scam scheme, community power is the whole land of the country. The volume is already there, high chance that price will go high,  can be called a sure investment.

Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:37:35 AM

Obvious Should go for it, because it is regulated inside the country and we can use it as legal tender. If govt. had made own crypto that means they would have to legalize the other crypto also i.e ETH, BTC, XRP, XLM etc . actually it would be good signal to crypto supporter
Still depends on what its use, if it will be fully implemented and use in many organizations and establishments then it will be better for it will give easier transactions,  it will be good if its fully implemented.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Zekemporium

Activity: 64
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:51:26 AM

As long as it is available to other country people then yes I will surely buy it because it is issued by government and thus it has just got more trusted than any other coin in the market. I will always buy such coins as they will have more and more users and the more the user for any asset means more demand and thus more prices in the future to come. So basically as an investors I am just looking at the profits that I might be getting from it.  Smiley

Whether it is from different country or my own, if it has the government tag then surely it is something huge for us. They might just use it for the public services increasing it value a lot more due to utility purposes and hence I am always ready to buy such coin.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:04:02 AM

Imagine that some respectable country would go far beyond legalizing cryptocurrency and start one of its own. It would surely be no scam and it would probably have a strong support, but would there be any drawbacks to the currency and the state itself? Would it get more attention than some of the biggest coins now?

Surely it will draw the attention of many investors. I mean it will keep the eyes of every crypto investors wide open as government themselves will be having issuance of the crypto coin.

But there will be some questions that will be mandatory to know :

Whether the government issued coins will be decentralised one or would they be partly decentarslikd one?
Or whether they will be regulating it completely and just showing us the dreams of crypto world?

I mea everyone knows whats happening with the XRP. Its just unbelievable coin as they keep on regulating the prices. So hope we dont end up investing in such coin issued by the government thus making it waste of time.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

tukang_rosok

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:07:54 AM

If this kind of thing happen here in my country, no doubt I buy as many as I can. Simly because a coin created by government is a huge project. 100% no scam scheme, community power is the whole land of the country. The volume is already there, high chance that price will go high,  can be called a sure investment.
some of your opinion is right.but how about it's guarantee,we know petrol issued with big guarantee for it.if country that issued cryptocurrency is big country and strong in their economy it can be choice or our invesment portofolio.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:08:31 AM

Well it depends. What kind of projects will the "country coin" have? I'm guessin it will be more for exchanges in the country itself. If the country can actually back up the coin and raise it's value, then fiat will be useless. But then again, banks won't let it happen at all.

squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:09:33 AM

If the coin is very versatile then it would be popular. But if the coin is just a replacement for fiat then it would only be popular in that country and i don't think that it would price much at all. Then again, a country backed crypto currency has a good potential especyif you're one of the firsts.

glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:11:47 AM

If the coin is very versatile then it would be popular. But if the coin is just a replacement for fiat then it would only be popular in that country and i don't think that it would price much at all. Then again, a country backed crypto currency has a good potential especyif you're one of the firsts.

The potentiality would not be as big as bitcoin or other coins reason is that only those country people would be interested in buying/selling and all other population of the world would still be interested in the btc . So when it comes for price rise this all coins would only fire better than government coin.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:35:52 AM

Then again, a country backed crypto currency has a good potential especyif you're one of the firsts.
Not all countries will do the same unless they are looking to pull off the same scam as what Maduro did. In more realistic terms governments will tokenize their fiat system and have it operate on a 1:1 basis.

You are subject to all the negativity from traditional fiat currencies, but just in a different jacket. It grants you more overall convenience, and the governments more overall control. People shouldn't fall for it.

They will be able to dictate every aspect of what you do financially, and that without needing the banks to cooperate. People will become more of a slave of this system than ever before.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:17:16 AM

I will definitely go for it because it means that such a coin has got a guarantee to stay but as for weather it will gain more attention than some of the big coins today will solely depend on the economy and industrial power of the country in question, how influential they are will be a determinant factor
Vness10

Activity: 372

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:42:08 PM

Imagine that some respectable country would go far beyond legalizing cryptocurrency and start one of its own. It would surely be no scam and it would probably have a strong support, but would there be any drawbacks to the currency and the state itself? Would it get more attention than some of the biggest coins now?
I'm still stay crypto that no one of government involve because if they do that theres a possibility that they manipulate the market even they sure that their coin is good I'm stay in bitcoin and other currency but not involved with government.

http://7hash.com?ref=7f466fb77323861
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:55:28 PM

If the Government issues their own cryptocurrency then it means it would be centralized & state would be having a record of its citizens that would(if) they hold state-issued cryptocurrencies. It may work as same as fiat money that working in a current era, which would be adopted as state crypto and all the buying/selling would be allowed but in their own country but that coin can be exchanged with another country cryptocurrency same as fiat exchange. By doing so the concept of decentralization would have nothing to do with state cryptocurrency.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:46:39 AM

No I will never invest in a cryptocurrency created by a government the reason of the creation of bitcoin was to create a payment system independent from government control, besides such a currency will have probably 3 failures points, first everything will be recorded by the government, second they will print as much currency as they want and finally you will not really control your coins anymore.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: