Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:15:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY SHOULD YOU BOYCOTT ICOS THAT DEMAND KYC?  (Read 586 times)
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:57:26 AM

It reminds me the situation of that saying. "Mice cried, pricked, but continued to eat cactus."
Pass of the KYC, in my opinion, is complete nonsense. However, the current realities are such that it has become common today. Every project wants your documents. Previously, it was very rare and only in projects of the high level of prospects. Now even shit projects want your documents with a cat, family, home, a blood type, etc ...

zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:15:11 PM

With time when most of countries will regulate ICO es all will become with KYC its true that is why secure coins like Monero,Onion will be useable too but its normal market grows and in future we will have  many types of tokens and coins.
They certainly are going to regulate all ICO's but they can't regulate scammers who are using fake dokuments to run their shitty scam projects.
How can you say which project is run by scammers and which is regulated and legit?
How will you investors decide to whom to give IDs and to whom not?

There should be third party involved in whole KYC process, private info's shouldn't be given directly to team members.
Wallytred

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:18:54 PM

KYC is for banks and their regulated currencies. Decentralized crypto projects doesn't need any KYC-scammers. KYC seems dangerous.
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:51:53 PM

in fact it is illegal, misuse of identity can cause someone to get into trouble later on, the side effects of this KYC may not be directly felt, but we also do not know for sure if the ICO followed can be trusted when getting our identity, of course not easy as that

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:58:18 PM

i think that we don't have to boycott icos with KYC.
I know that privacy is important, and it's not ok for me for example when they ask for cell number, but if crypto wants to be taken seriously, crypto need KYC
rumkin

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 07:02:34 PM

Many of ICO's owners are scared of persecution by the government institutes especially from another countries. And I think it would be more efficient to create list of KYC-free ICOs and let users decide what do they want.

Blockchain Developer | https://rumk.in
vaso11

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:05:18 PM

KYC (Know Your Customer) is an infamous procedure we have mostly run into while dealing with banks.
Sadly for the whole blockchain industry we see many ICOs demanding KYC in vain.
Read below why you should boycott such ICOs:

https://medium.com/@filip.poutintsev/why-you-should-boycott-icos-that-demand-kyc-29a5b43904fb

I agree with you, because one of the main missions cryptocurrency this anonymity, and now they want to pick it up and get our documents for obscure actions.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
bitcolic

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:03:15 PM

KYC totally opposite to the crypto world, plus they can hacked and our identities can leak .. maybe some bad guys will use our infos for further actions who knows ..
leezay

Activity: 363

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:47:45 PM

I am all up to boycotting these ICOs. I am actually doing it already, because I don't participate in any ICO that is collecting data using KYC.

Yasman

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:49:32 PM

KYC is for banks and their regulated currencies. Decentralized crypto projects doesn't need any KYC-scammers. KYC seems dangerous.
They are selling the information to people that want to make more cash. Not all the people that ask for a KYC is doing that though, you just have to stay from those projects and invest in something new.
Aristus

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:00:26 PM

The whole idea of crypto currencies is that it’s anonymous. While the wallet information is public, you cannot connect it to a specific person or an entity. But if you do KYC, all the benefits of cryptos are gone.
I don't know why crypto community do not have a power to resit this kind of requirements when participating in an ICO and also the other bounty hunters are participating such projects. The fact that the project is asking your private information that is already a violation to the very purpose of why cryptocurrency is invented.

You don’t know where document photos and the information about you will go. In best case scenario it will only go to your government, that can monitor you more closely and see what kind of funds you have and where you spend them. In worst case scenario this information will be sold on black market to criminals who will do identity fraud with your data.
Atleast if it is on the government protection you are still have peace but if it will use for evil purposes that is a dilemma.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:05:29 PM

I say a big no to KYC, because it makes the bearer vulnerable. Personal information is of utmost importance. Care needs to be taken, so as not to fall victim. Your details sometimes can be used against you or for any criminal purpose.
raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:07:53 PM

I really don't want KYC in the first place it's not reliable at all. Cryptocurrency needs to be autonomous or make it as decentralize coz it may harm our identity or even easily access on our wallets.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:10:00 PM

Seriously, for mass adoption of crypto to take place, there will be rules and regulations brought in to provide base-levels of protection for the users.  KYC will happen.

As a simple comparison... When cars were first invented, you didn't need a driver's licence, and that worked fine until cars became commonplace (mass-adopted).  Same will go for crypto.
kingzues09

Activity: 226
Merit: 14

BaanX

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:38:28 PM

KYC totally opposite to the crypto world, plus they can hacked and our identities can leak .. maybe some bad guys will use our infos for further actions who knows ..
Yes that's why i don't give my information online and my real email address. If i joined campaign that requires KYC i get my sisters i.d and sign her up on the whitelist and after ico i give her a bonus. I am not convince of this KYC thing seriously.

charly1987

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:46:27 AM

What a great offer for 1,000,000 CPC.
POM

Activity: 547
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:50:09 AM

It’ll be very interesting to read all comments here Smiley I don’t know what community think about this but for me, i just don’t like when they said Kyc is required. Probably there is nothing we can do about that.
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:00:40 AM

ICOs that demand kyc most times do so to work in accordance with certain regulations in their host countries and also not to violate some international money laundering laws that are operational in their host countries but that in most cases causes hindrances to investors who want to remain anonymous in the blockchain technology and most cases are not too good. thanks

emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:16:43 AM

I always avoid ICOs that demand KYC. I think they don't need KYC, so why they are demanding it. The cryptocurrency is famous for its anonymity, so if you connect it to a specific person then all the benefits of cryptocurrencies are gone.

Itachi87

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:28:58 AM

At the end of the day, KYC verification is for the better. It will reduce the threat of criminals participating in icos and lead to a better crypto community as a whole
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: