Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:26:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is now the best time for new people to invest?  (Read 2816 times)
Hyko0

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:45:58 PM

Hey there...

I think its a really good time to invest in Bitcoins and not only in Bitcoins.

I bought Bitcoins for 500$ as they were at ~400$ in early November or late October. I hoped, but didnt really believed, that they would go above 600$.

Finnaly i selled them at a price of ~900$. Did the same again.... and again... switched the crypto-currencie and did it again with PTS... again and again ...

Started at the end of october with 500$ and got until now something between 1800 and 2500$(Didnt know exactly) just with exchanging it many times =)

Btw: I started to mine new coins with few dedicated servers ... Started with PTS few days after the beginning .... got me ~450$ after exchanging to BTC and selling the BTC

Now I´m mining Memorycoin 2.0 ... mining just with 4 dedicated servers... found 5 Blocks so far.
Yesterday I started to mine Dogecoin with my GPU at ypool.net .... got me ~60.000 Coins...  lets see what this will bring. =)

Greetz,
Hyko0
neordicICE

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:51:30 PM

When the price crashed it is definitively time to buy more Bitcoins. When bubble forms, it is time to sell
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:53:09 PM

I think it falls under this, but I will put The Intelligent Investor on my reading list.

I agree it will depend on your definition, but then again doesn't anything? Smiley

I'll guarantee you're going to be glad you put that on your reading list. It's the book that formed me as an investor.

What is your definition of 'guarantee'? Grin I've just downloaded it.

Lol, very good question Wink (may be I should start adding a disclaimer stating I'm not financially responsible for following any of my advice).
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:21:46 PM

I ordered a block eruptor and it's not here yet But I still don't know how to mine Does anyone know how to use it?

huadylmate

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:25:18 PM

I'd be hesitant about buying right now, I feel like this is a bull-trap. But then again I wouldn't sell any either. I think we'll know the direction we're heading by the weekend but the christmas/ny break will be unpredictable too.

Bull-traps then Bear-traps. Trading is risky this is why I hodling
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:13:52 PM

Altcoins are the best way to avoid traps It's like forex

yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:16:22 PM

Now is a great time to invest. You snooze and you lose. Can't see it going any lower this year. I reckon it'll slowly creep back up to around 1k in Jan.
kellrobinson

Activity: 304
Merit: 380

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:20:26 PM

What caused the price of bitcoin to drop? I assume it will bounce back to 1k levels?
Very simply put, the price has dropped because it was much too high.
Until October, the price was fairly stable and less than $150.  Let me say that again, just in case you missed it: Until October, bitcoin cost less than a hundred fifty dollars.
What happened then?  A bubble.  A bubble is something full of air.  The huge price increase in bitcoin was nothing but a lot of air; it means nothing. 
Bitcoin is still subject to economics and the natural law of the market. 
Yes it will most likely go to $1k sometime not too far in the future, but I think it might take until late summer or early fall.  I also think that, before the bitcoin price rises, a further drop in price is very much within the realm of possibility.
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:42:58 PM

I'm currently awaiting a deposit on btc-e, damn those guyz take their time, is it likely that the price will drop into the 500 range agian?  Huh

I waiting for deposit over week, unfortunatelly the price keep rising, but there is still hope for a drop
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:55:08 AM

I'm currently awaiting a deposit on btc-e, damn those guyz take their time, is it likely that the price will drop into the 500 range agian?  Huh

And regarding to alt coins: I notice that most ( if not all) alt coins both gain and crash harder then bitcoin itself. So during a crash you would prefer bitcoin over alt coins. And fait is king; as long as you're able to buy back timely!

If you look at all the altcoins there are actually a few that trend opposite to bitcoin so you can earn no matter what if you diverge into alts

maxidoge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:01:29 AM

I think we are just in time to invest. Because bitcoins and litecoins now fall in price, but they will return and become much stronger in future.
As it was before.
And also its time to invest in some new currencys, nxt for example is a good choice.
The problem is that i am not so rich to invest everywhere, but i want so much Smiley)
vervolioman

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:03:02 AM

And regarding to alt coins: I notice that most ( if not all) alt coins both gain and crash harder then bitcoin itself. So during a crash you would prefer bitcoin over alt coins. And fait is king; as long as you're able to buy back timely!

If you look at all the altcoins there are actually a few that trend opposite to bitcoin so you can earn no matter what if you diverge into alts

Obviously, with so many altcoins, the opposite trend can happen on few just by pure luck. Does not say anything about future

What use is a signature?
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:20:16 AM

What do you guys think about DOGE and DVC?

Cognate

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:40:11 AM

Doge is kind of tricky because people are gonna play it up, get the prices somewhat high, sell, and let it crash.

Then there is gonna be a ton of people with Doge who will want the prices to rise... So perhaps the cycle will repeat...
CurrentlyBlazed

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:41:40 AM

I'd be hesitant about buying right now, I feel like this is a bull-trap. But then again I wouldn't sell any either. I think we'll know the direction we're heading by the weekend but the christmas/ny break will be unpredictable too.

Bull-traps then Bear-traps. Trading is risky this is why I hodling

Can you explain a little more on what you mean by it is bull-trap?
I have been buying bitcoins with every bit of money I get(from 1 dollar no joke, to 250)

I always buy, but just sit on my coins.
I am not interested in day trading I guess.
Scrooge_McDuck

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:00:31 AM

They want the price to go down

And all we have to do is make altcoins for the Chinese people If they can spend money on mining altcoins to buy bitcoins They can get back in all this

We simply have to wait untill Chinese black market gets its momentum Smiley banning BTC by Central Bank is just not enough to completly exclude it from the market. In fact - banning is the last thing that can help with excluding anything

forbidden fruit is always sweeter  Wink
andyrays

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:41:10 AM

What do you guys think about DOGE and DVC?

I think DOGE is good and new. DVC no.
influencemylife

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Face Your Fears, Live Your Dreams

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:01:15 AM

i suggest the classic sell high, buy low strategy and start a portfolio in currencies you can do a little research on

DHSQBmvzsjmLXCwdaeTzRXpna9WDTwqhVX - like? Doge thank you

ZKMvnhMC8i1SPmf1MU844487RwyvwL7Chd - Tip Zeta cos it Rocks!
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:18:47 PM

They want the price to go down

And all we have to do is make altcoins for the Chinese people If they can spend money on mining altcoins to buy bitcoins They can get back in all this

We simply have to wait untill Chinese black market gets its momentum Smiley banning BTC by Central Bank is just not enough to completly exclude it from the market. In fact - banning is the last thing that can help with excluding anything

forbidden fruit is always sweeter  Wink

I think we just need to make a series of Chinese altcoins for them to mine so they can just trade those for coins China can be a mining nation

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:52:39 PM

When do you guys think bitcoin will be $2000?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: