Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:50:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and Hold vs. Market Timing : Which is Better?  (Read 445 times)
jekanmasin

Activity: 240
Merit: 11

Be Positive Always!

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:31:13 AM

Buy and hold strategies are often recommended for long-term investors who have time to ride out the ups and downs in the markets over a period of years. They are also typically appropriate for novice or uneducated investors who do not understand the markets but still need long-term growth or income.

Market timing strategies may work in any time frame as long as the market is timed correctly. This, of course, does not always happen, and no timing strategy has ever shown itself to be foolproof.

Which investment strategy do you prefer?
For long term i preferred to buy when low and used it to buy other alt for fast boost. this way i can put some bitcoin in my save for hold little by little until it hit a pump. surely i will not wait for long to sell it as the market are easy to collapse.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:42:16 AM

combination of both depending how current market is moving
if current volatility is very high, might as well try some luck with market timing strategy
and whenever there is a profit, try to set aside some money to save for a rainy day

when price considerably stable (up or down), buy and hold and become a long term investor Tongue
set certain price as target price and only sell when the investment reach certain % profit gain

Cootie

Activity: 292
Merit: 102

Bounty Detective

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:49:06 AM

Buy and hold strategies are often recommended for long-term investors who have time to ride out the ups and downs in the markets over a period of years. They are also typically appropriate for novice or uneducated investors who do not understand the markets but still need long-term growth or income.

Market timing strategies may work in any time frame as long as the market is timed correctly. This, of course, does not always happen, and no timing strategy has ever shown itself to be foolproof.

If I were an investor, I do prefer market timing. This strategy gives absolute profit if you are a professional investor and can have a great timing to buy and sell the investment. But this strategy is limited only to professionals, because this needs analysis of market to be able to predict when is the right time to buy and sell. So if you have to choose this strategy, make sure that you have the right knowledge in cryptocurrency.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:55:35 AM

It depends, some prefer holding because they don't have enough time to do trading or have lack of knowledge on how to do it (it is also recommended for beginners) and some prefer trading because they can enter and get out of the market whenever there is a huge price decline or increase, if perfectly timed you can possibly earn huge profit on this in just short period of time. But for me, I prefer both long term holding and short term trading. What I do is invest huge part of my investment funds for buying and holding Bitcoin for long term and the extra money is for trading which is good if you have time to monitor it.
karloscimot

Activity: 518
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:03:09 PM

which is better according to me buy then we see the market price about the price could raise again what not. if you can bear not hurry to sell.
but if you look at the price of crypto in the market that began to fall better to buy and hold. because the price will definitely improve again .

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:07:12 PM

for me i chose buy and hold because the coin iu bought might get success and get a higher value so be patience when investing coins

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Ismat Morshed

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:25:17 PM

I do prefer market timing.Treading is good but at this case you must to have enough idea about treading, and it's also profitable.
juiceannabel

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:25:09 PM

As long as you can find the best time to buy and best time to sell, i am sure it is more profitable than just holding.
but it is more safer if you just hold your coin because you can avoid the chance to loss on the market bad timing.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:45:21 PM

I prefer to buy and hold in the long term or short term, so, I have the final target, so if the bitcoin value has reached the target I planned, then I will sell it.

market timing strategy is more suitable for trading, and trading has a high risk, I am not ready to risk trading.
StarLucas

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:54:21 PM

For now, I've kind of bought into Buy & Hold, but I also realize it's not as simple as presenting a simplistic historical picture. For example, in that Schwab article, they glaze over the huge 2000-2002 downturn (part of the study period) and the 2007-2009 downturn (not part of the study period) and don't give context about what happened in 1955-1974 (holding cash outperformed all investment strategies). There's also the issue of survivorship bias. Obviously, they are trying to sell their services, so I can see why they would bias the article.

On the flip side, obviously nobody can 100% predict the future. From what I've read, seems like the main way to "lose" with market timing is that one tends to back out of the market and miss short days of huge gains, thus decreasing your overall performance.
google98

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:07:06 PM

If you have a day job that brings you enough income and you just want something extra without much effort. Perhaps buy and hold strategy is most appropriate.  Smiley

trang1188

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:50:09 PM

market timing need more knowdeage,exprience about market,the sensitive with market,you know when you buy and when you sell,hearing is very simple but when we do,it is really difficult to do,you can lose all profit in one time if you fail,you allways see the change of market but when we invest long time we can chose wrong the time we have,we will wait 6-12 months and you still get your profit,with me i like invest long time
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:37:39 PM

If I were an investor, I do prefer market timing. This strategy gives absolute profit if you are a professional investor and can have a great timing to buy and sell the investment. But this strategy is limited only to professionals, because this needs analysis of market to be able to predict when is the right time to buy and sell. So if you have to choose this strategy, make sure that you have the right knowledge in cryptocurrency.
If choosing it then it should be based on good analytical skills. By taking advantage of indicators, market conditions, news, and speculation, it further strengthens the analysis so that predictions to determine when to buy and sell are more accurate.

stripewhite

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:44:14 PM

No research.... just my experience which has worked well for me. So it's probably not worth much. I'm a buy, hold & monitor guy for individual stocks that I've analyzed as a long term holding...but I buy or add during dips and corrections so I can get a buffer and own them at a lower cost. I'm always invested and have cashflow from my job and dividends so I don't mind building cash positions and then deploying when opportunities show up and they always do. If the market goes up, the portfolio goes up. If it goes down, then deploy dry powder. Isn't that market timing since you are trying to time the bottom?
saifanik

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:12:51 PM

In my opinion, the right strategy is to look at the market timing and then something else.Intelligent work is that to see market rates, ups and downs, and position.Then it is better to buy and then hold.Success is essential in doing serial work.

Siglo // Send airtime with your siglo tokens (http://)
Uno17

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:36:31 AM

Well the choice depends on the situation, if you have a lot of extra money and no time to keep on eye on the market movement everyday, then better choose to buy and hold long, after all as time goes by, your money will just eventually grow and reap profit in the long run, but if you have a lot of free time and eager to play with the market fluctuation, then you can choose playing with the market timing, we know that both are effective, it’s a matter of free time for you to decide which one is working for you and your situation😊
Sinecoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:02:14 AM

Me personally, i definitely prefer the buy and hold strategy due to the fact that there is much less risk involved and i dont have to worry about constantly checking the prices/spending most of my day trading.  However, people who do attempt to time the market/day trade make a lot more money than the holders.

center]
         ▄▄▄█████████████████
    ▄▄████████████████████████     
 ▄█████████▀▀▀            ████▌     ███▄
▐█████▀▀                  ▐███▌     ████
▐████                     ▐████     ████
▐████       ▄▄█████████████████      ▀▀█
▐████     ▐███████████████████▌
 ████▌     ███████▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄▄
 ▐████      █████       ██████████████▌
  █████     ▀█████     █████▌  ▀▀█████
   █████     ▀█████   █████▀     █████
    █████     ▀█████▄█████▀     █████
     █████     ▀█████████▀     █████
      █████      ▀█████▀      █████
       █████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄█████
        ▀█████▄           ▄█████▀
          ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
            ▀█████▄▄ ▄▄█████▀
              ▀███████████▀
                 ▀▀███▀▀
BookiePro▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BookiePro.fun   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████ █ █
  The World's Betting Exchange 
         ▄▄███▄███▄
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██▀ ▀█████████████
   ▄██ ███▄██████████████
  ████ ██████████████████
   ███ ███████        ███ █▄
▄█▄ ██ ███████   ████████ ▀▀█▄
▀██▄ ████         █████ ▀██▄
  ▀█▄▄ ████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀█████ ██ ▀█▀
    ▀█ ████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█████ ███
       ███████   ████████ ████
       ██████████████▀███ ██▀
       █████████████▄ ▄██
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
             ▀███▀████▀▀
   Bet with  ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Play Money

Win Real Bitcoin 
|   5 BTC ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Prize Pool

World Cup 2018 
  Download 
Now
[/center]
Flayme

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:31:47 AM

Both strategies in investing is good and great...  But it depends to your decision....  Holding is quite better if you have a long patients in waiting because holding strategy takes a long time period....  And buying as well is great especially if you know how to decide well and if you always have good timing in buying coins....  Proper market timing is really needed here...  If tou know how to handle your coin well you will surely succeed in every thing you did....  Proper waiting and making a good decision is good strategy especially if you are involved in crypto works.....
berkcelik16

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:48:45 AM

I don't have any trading skills, so I buy and hold it. I have never sold a token which came from an airdrop or bounty. This made me in loss but I am still holding my tokens. I believe that one day they will be valuable.
yazher

Activity: 2226
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:01:54 AM

Long time hodling until satisfied, this kind of investment is currently the most trend nowadays. where you can have some huge income after a few years of hodling. ofcourse you only need to invest what you can afford to lose.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: