Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:21:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 7 REASONS WHY: which one are you?  (Read 926 times)
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:25:53 PM

If I had to choose one of your points it would be incognito and convenience. Those are the main reasons why I got interested in this.
I'd also ad being in control as a point. It was a very important factor for me as I don't trust my government and are afraid that their stupid policies may lead to bankruptcy and bailouts one day. I want to have something that they can't touch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arrmia11

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:57:39 PM

I just noticed some questions about this topic so I listed some seven reasons why people want to have a cryptocurrency transaction rather than fiat.

1. INCOGNITO. this is the main reason why people use it. You cannot trace crypto transaction and its perfect from hiding.

2. CONVINIENCE. people nowadays are so lazy that they want to have transaction while seated comfortably on their home. With just one click , crypto can be transferred as payment to whatever they want. Well, who doesnt want that anyway.

3. TREND. basically, people want to try something new, something not ordinary , something innovative and if it was used by all their friends, they want to use it also.

4. ILLEGAL. yes, i dont want to include this but i saw many topics about this also. If you want to buy on black market or an illegal item, your transaction should not be traced as i said on our first reason so Crypto will help you hide on cops but not forever.

5. MODE OF PAYMENT. this is where some people buy an item usually using the profit they had on investing bitcoin even just holding. Ex. If you have 1btc and after a month it becomes 1.5 btc and you want to buy an item that cost 0.005btc and crypto is accepted as a mode of payment, you will use it ofcourse rather than fiat.

6. TECHY. it seems that techy people using cryptocurrency as a mode of payment see themselves as going with the flow of technology considering that bitcoin is the new technology of currency for the new generation.

7. SHOW OFF. whether we admit it or not, some people use cryptocurrency just to make their status up. Telling their friends about how wealthy they are and keep boasting for their ego.

This is what i noticed. So which one are you?

I'll go for number two and five, which is the CONVENIENCE and the MODE OF PAYMENT. We all want fast transactions, and you are correct with that since most of us people right now are so lazy that we want everything to be fast without us doing a lot of things. Another one is the mode of payment, imagine if you have bitcoin in your hand and you earned just by holding, you would be happy to use it as a payment whenever to purchase something. These things are one of the reasons why I prefer cryptocurrency rather than fiat (although I admit that we will still be needing fiat considering that not all the people is using crypto).

pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:55:11 PM

One thing that is missing in the OP is that, there is no mention of it belonging it to the asset class, no mention of it being volatile, it having a huge market. That is one of the reasons why I still use crypto. I guess the other reasons that you mentioned also play along. You can't just brief out crypto in just 7 points, there is so much stuff to mention about.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:13:06 PM

I just came here to fully understand the functions of a blockchain technology especially with bitcoin and of course to make a lot of money in the long run. So i’m more on trend in the first place but right now I fully support this kind of technology.
simpleholmes

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:28:28 PM

for me it is the way to earn money and learn the basics of investment world and financial markets as well, it gives you hope that some day you can earn some real money by analyzing the markets and taking the initiative
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:28:58 PM

What I love above your list are incognito, mode of payment and convenience. These are the most users loves in bitcoin which brings comfortable. Thankful we have this kind of blockchain technology that until attracts more users.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:31:47 PM

I just noticed some questions about this topic so I listed some seven reasons why people want to have a cryptocurrency transaction rather than fiat.

1. INCOGNITO. this is the main reason why people use it. You cannot trace crypto transaction and its perfect from hiding.

2. CONVINIENCE. people nowadays are so lazy that they want to have transaction while seated comfortably on their home. With just one click , crypto can be transferred as payment to whatever they want. Well, who doesnt want that anyway.

3. TREND. basically, people want to try something new, something not ordinary , something innovative and if it was used by all their friends, they want to use it also.

6. TECHY. it seems that techy people using cryptocurrency as a mode of payment see themselves as going with the flow of technology considering that bitcoin is the new technology of currency for the new generation.

These are my reasons personlly.
First, as a student, it is hard to find a way to earn while studying and the point that I am a student unqualifies me to have a part time job that does not really require too much requirement. The fact that it is hidden, I think that it is safe and accessible to everyone.
The convenience is associated with the techy part since technology makes it easier for students like me to be a part of something innovative and brings faster living for everyone.
Since it started years from now and still developing, I can tell that it will be trending until it is well accepted.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:28:36 PM

It's 2 and 5 for me though I want the number 1 but doesn't have tons of assets hiding on my wallets, it may change on the future when I hold a large portion of cryptocurrency for privacy and security anonymity is the best thing to have with cryptocurrency beside with the convenience and payments, you should add mode of earnings cause people tend to profit from trading or just holding some crypto assets.
gambitcoin53

Merit: 25

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:39:13 PM

4. ILLEGAL. yes, i dont want to include this but i saw many topics about this also. If you want to buy on black market or an illegal item, your transaction should not be traced as i said on our first reason so Crypto will help you hide on cops but not forever.

5. MODE OF PAYMENT. this is where some people buy an item usually using the profit they had on investing bitcoin even just holding. Ex. If you have 1btc and after a month it becomes 1.5 btc and you want to buy an item that cost 0.005btc and crypto is accepted as a mode of payment, you will use it ofcourse rather than fiat.

7. SHOW OFF. whether we admit it or not, some people use cryptocurrency just to make their status up. Telling their friends about how wealthy they are and keep boasting for their ego.

honestly none of those reasons are my personal reason,  though all of them are valid and true, i have joined bitcoin for the purpose of earning and hoping to be my part time job. those reasons you stated are somewhat not to deep but as i said it is legit.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:48:57 PM

I'd have to say I'm 1,2 and 5. But it's not because I am lazy that I can't go somewhere to send my payment; its just that it would be more convenient for me to just use it as a mode of payment and send it because I would not have to go through the traffic and managing my time on what time I have to leave the house and be at home at that certain time.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
nerlial

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:59:18 PM

I choose 1 and 5. In the modern world it is becoming increasingly difficult to remain incognito. Everyone wants to poke his nose into my income.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:06:40 PM

Techy that's what I am. I would pay with crypto in every place which would accept it. Unfortunately in my place there are no such places yet, but if it would appear I could save good enough on cashing out fees and other kinds of fees which I use to pay every time when I need to cash out some money.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:59:16 PM

The SHOW OFF reason is quite funny lol. Three of the reasons you stated here are why I’m making use of Bitcoin. The number one reason why I started making use of Bitcoin is because I needed a payment method for my job; well, not really me, my boss wanted to make use of it as a payment method, so I had no other option than to accept it also.

The next are the two reasons which are: TECHY & CONVENIENCE : yes Bitcoin is really a convenient way of making transactions, but that’s only for international transactions, if I’m doing anything locally in my country I make use of my bank app. Bitcoin is also techy and I do show off with it sometimes, lol… most of my friends know nothing about it😂
Phoenixpple

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:57:15 PM

What I most agree with is its concealment. In every day of the world, many people and many businesses need to be concealed, which is the reason why bitcoin is growing by more people. In addition, I think bitcoin may also play a great role in the collaboration between different industries, and it can promote the efficiency of different industries.
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:12:05 PM

I will choose 2. Like real trade at ease and get your money right in the comforts of your home. But what about those who do it for pure earnings like the bounty hunters?

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
TTITA

Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:14:55 PM

I found myself at reason 1 and 6 by reason why using Bitcoin for. With Bitcoin as the new technology of currency for the new generation. I am proud to be involved in it, although only limited to users, because to accept the change of a technology of course people must accept first.
Stormyblue

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 07:29:17 PM

I am more of the trend and convenient type according reasons, however I have had pieces of all the others in mind except for illegal which is against my nature. Trend because, I like to try new staffs and convenient because I have always wanted to work with time freedom.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:03:15 PM

I believe that not many people will choose it for the fact that it can be helpful to conceal illegal actions. It's not that hard to track the payments on blockchain and there are already programs and methods that allow people to track each coin. Mixers are helpful, but it's enough to track a fraction of the total sum to eventually get to the source. That is if you are allowed to arrest and interrogate the person who ends up spending the money and make him spill the beans.
For me the most important factor is its growth potential.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Valer4ik

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:05:25 PM

The growth of the crypto currency may provide the intention of the investment bank Goldman Sachs to start trading futures for Bitcoin, as well as the plans of the New York Stock Exchange to create a platform to attract large investors.
DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:01:37 PM

I can't really put myself into any of those 7 types.... my objective is profit Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: