Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:19:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 7 REASONS WHY: which one are you?  (Read 926 times)
Bugsbey

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:33:44 PM

I just noticed some questions about this topic so I listed some seven reasons why people want to have a cryptocurrency transaction rather than fiat.

1. INCOGNITO. this is the main reason why people use it. You cannot trace crypto transaction and its perfect from hiding.

2. CONVINIENCE. people nowadays are so lazy that they want to have transaction while seated comfortably on their home. With just one click , crypto can be transferred as payment to whatever they want. Well, who doesnt want that anyway.

3. TREND. basically, people want to try something new, something not ordinary , something innovative and if it was used by all their friends, they want to use it also.

4. ILLEGAL. yes, i dont want to include this but i saw many topics about this also. If you want to buy on black market or an illegal item, your transaction should not be traced as i said on our first reason so Crypto will help you hide on cops but not forever.

5. MODE OF PAYMENT. this is where some people buy an item usually using the profit they had on investing bitcoin even just holding. Ex. If you have 1btc and after a month it becomes 1.5 btc and you want to buy an item that cost 0.005btc and crypto is accepted as a mode of payment, you will use it ofcourse rather than fiat.

6. TECHY. it seems that techy people using cryptocurrency as a mode of payment see themselves as going with the flow of technology considering that bitcoin is the new technology of currency for the new generation.

7. SHOW OFF. whether we admit it or not, some people use cryptocurrency just to make their status up. Telling their friends about how wealthy they are and keep boasting for their ego.

This is what i noticed. So which one are you?
I do not belong to any of the above mention. Maybe slightly to number three but it really does not fit my intention why I invested crypto currency.  I really wanted a lighter way of life, a decency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jblittle00

Activity: 25
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:51:39 PM

I think you're missing one big one entirely: decentralization. Not having to go thru banks. Not having to be controlled by the whales. Bypassing a prehistoric financial system; and actually having more control over so many things that you haven't had control of in decades. I can't wait for insurance opportunities, for example. Decentralized health care? You mean we won't have to spend $1k a month to insure our families, just to get basic coverage in case of emergency? Personally, I'm looking forward to all of the new opportunities before us.
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:57:03 PM

Is there a poll available or how do you know that most people use it because transfers are anonymous? Practically, especially if you pay services or goods with it, in most cases you are not anonymous, that is why I am wondering. I love to use crypto currencies because I am happy if I can transfer value without the involvement of banks and their fiat robbery system. Cheesy
The cure

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:41:40 AM

I just noticed some questions about this topic so I listed some seven reasons why people want to have a cryptocurrency transaction rather than fiat.

1. INCOGNITO. this is the main reason why people use it. You cannot trace crypto transaction and its perfect from hiding.

2. CONVINIENCE. people nowadays are so lazy that they want to have transaction while seated comfortably on their home. With just one click , crypto can be transferred as payment to whatever they want. Well, who doesnt want that anyway.

3. TREND. basically, people want to try something new, something not ordinary , something innovative and if it was used by all their friends, they want to use it also.

4. ILLEGAL. yes, i dont want to include this but i saw many topics about this also. If you want to buy on black market or an illegal item, your transaction should not be traced as i said on our first reason so Crypto will help you hide on cops but not forever.

5. MODE OF PAYMENT. this is where some people buy an item usually using the profit they had on investing bitcoin even just holding. Ex. If you have 1btc and after a month it becomes 1.5 btc and you want to buy an item that cost 0.005btc and crypto is accepted as a mode of payment, you will use it ofcourse rather than fiat.

6. TECHY. it seems that techy people using cryptocurrency as a mode of payment see themselves as going with the flow of technology considering that bitcoin is the new technology of currency for the new generation.

7. SHOW OFF. whether we admit it or not, some people use cryptocurrency just to make their status up. Telling their friends about how wealthy they are and keep boasting for their ego.

In my own,i think # 2 convinience. Why i will go outside to transact payments or whatever that i need if i can do it while staying at home,and transactions will be made it easy and quickly completed. I don't need to wait a long time while falling in line or waiting for your designated number to be called.
jasramos

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:22:06 AM

A little of each. I'm still waiting for it to be the things it should be, replacing electronic transactions without relying on third party.
Havva Song

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:30:03 AM

Although some reasons you listed are quite weird haha but I got to admit the trend is the reason I noticed and started to use cryptocurrency. With no doubt, the trend in technology field tend to be the trend of the whole world, and you definitely don't wanna miss the trend.
Pinoyfan

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:43:11 AM

I think i am the techy and convenience cause we are all know it is the fast or the cryptocurrencies is the fastest way to send your money from one to another user it is so techy we are following the technology cause technology makes our lives easier. Just wait many opportunities that brought us cryptocurrencies
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:59:58 AM

I'm in number 2 I rather to use cryptocurrency than fiat because it's so fast transaction with just one click to pay your bill.

bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 07:29:59 AM

Definitely, you are correct! The 7 reasons you've listed cause bitcoin to become popular. People use it because it is a trend and something techy as what you have said, if there are people who use it, for sure, other people will copy the habits of other. It is just like as bandwagon effect where people follows a trend.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:49:07 AM

I'm in number 2 I rather to use cryptocurrency than fiat because it's so fast transaction with just one click to pay your bill.
And how exactly is that different or an advantage over fiat? I can pay all my bills with fiat in an instant as well, and that either through internet banking or other payment services.

Or you can have your bills be automatically deducted. It's safe to say that fiat related payment infrastructure has improved significantly in the last years, which might have been the result of crypto competition.

The only thing is that fiat payment infrastructure is still costly, especially when it comes to international payments. I wonder how long it will take for them to lower their fees in order to match crypto.

It might actually take a while since the banking system consumes a lot in power as well, and that bill somehow needs to be paid by the user.  Roll Eyes

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:05:36 AM

My reason having cryptocurrency because i just want to earn extra money. I am not techy or having a computer skill or programing, I am just want to investing my money and earn profits. Beside that, I believe that cryptocurrency is the future for payment
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:09:12 AM

I do not belong to any of the above mention. Maybe slightly to number three but it really does not fit my intention why I invested crypto currency.  I really wanted a lighter way of life, a decency.
There are actually some things that make sense in his list and some just does not sound more like it at all to me.

Yes, there may be some people in the category of incognito, illegality or show off but even at that, it still does not sound reasonable since not all cryptocurrencies are completely anonymous, and what is there to show off ?

For illegality though, we all know some people are just bound to always thread that path all their life. However, with respect to the convenience which obviously banks could not give which relates to mode of payment as well, following of trend if you do not want to be left behind, and being techy are some of the things I can at least relate to.
Aleth

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:23:34 AM

[/quote]

I belong to 1&5, very safe for me plus people will not be able to trace what you have because it is done digitally and no need to go to the banks. Also very convenient for online shopping.
AnisahSiti

Activity: 261
Merit: 15

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:56:16 AM

1. I am  INCOGNITO. this is the main reason why people use it. You cannot trace crypto transaction and its perfect from hiding.

2. I am CONVINIENCE[/u]. people nowadays are so lazy that they want to have transaction while seated comfortably on their home. With just one click , crypto can be transferred as payment to whatever they want. Well, who doesnt want that anyway.

3. I am TREND. basically, people want to try something new, something not ordinary , something innovative and if it was used by all their friends, they want to use it also.

4. I am ILLEGAL. yes, i dont want to include this but i saw many topics about this also. If you want to buy on black market or an illegal item, your transaction should not be traced as i said on our first reason so Crypto will help you hide on cops but not forever.

5. I am MODE OF PAYMENT. this is where some people buy an item usually using the profit they had on investing bitcoin even just holding. Ex. If you have 1btc and after a month it becomes 1.5 btc and you want to buy an item that cost 0.005btc and crypto is accepted as a mode of payment, you will use it ofcourse rather than fiat.

6. I am TECHY. it seems that techy people using cryptocurrency as a mode of payment see themselves as going with the flow of technology considering that bitcoin is the new technology of currency for the new generation.

7. I am SHOW OFF. whether we admit it or not, some people use cryptocurrency just to make their status up. Telling their friends about how wealthy they are and keep boasting for their ego.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:15:37 AM

I'd like to say that I'm techy that's why i would rather use crypto currency than fiat. But alas i know I'm a show off. I usually scoff at people who doesn't know the existence of crypto currency much less how to transact with it.

francedeni

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:35:32 AM

I'd like to say that I'm techy that's why i would rather use crypto currency than fiat. But alas i know I'm a show off. I usually scoff at people who doesn't know the existence of crypto currency much less how to transact with it.
Those people does'nt know about cryptocurrency because lack of education about it. Those reason's above could be really helpful to us users who believes. Once people adopts this technology they will loves to be involve in cryptocurrency as we can use anytime and we can earn.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:46:19 AM

I think I belong to 1 and 7 topics that are similar. Because I do not have a personal computer at home I'm just in a computer shop and there internet. So I often use incognito for safety. I often boast of my friends who do not know this cryptocurrency. Often I boast of it with my friends and that grows up to them that I earn money without sweating.
Are you serious?youre doing things over public internet?dont you aware of Key Loggers?this is very risky in your part.

Piece of advice please stop telling others that you are doing crypto works over public computer shop this will lead you to be a victim of hacking.trust me when i said youre too vulnerable from bad entities that might take advantage of this situations 
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:33:42 AM

I guess one more option can be added. Apart from privacy, anonymity, security, ease-of-use, fast, fees (Although Bitcoin fees are fairly low, still not suitable for micro transactions, but with large amounts it beats any traditional mode of payment) and transnational, cryptocurrency transactions are also non-reversible. There is no risk of chargebacks, eliminates chances of fraud.

Since the thread is about medium of exchange, the fifth could be purchasing power.

Yeah, like timerland mentioned apart from medium of exchange, it's store of value/not prone to inflation/be your own bank.

Spot on, I actually forgot to mention the fact that bitcoin is irreversible.

The buyer's protection that Paypal offer is honestly just extremely inconvenient for the sellers to deal with, as constantly, they are charged back and they are the ones that have to cop the losses. And most times, the people using the chargeback features are scammers that profess in the area for a living.

Bitcoin is irreversible, and in that sense, is closer to a digital form of money than Paypal or even traditional banking as no third parties are able to give a potentially biased or incorrect ruling to a dispute, because there are simply no disputes. And that's a good thing, in my opinion. It's not just about chargebacks either; if third parties hold your funds, and can rule over what is done with these funds, then is it even your money anymore?

Smiley
heartwreck

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:40:49 AM

I used it because of its convenience, for being trendy and for sometime as a mode of payment.
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:37:33 AM

The number two is my choice , because  its make my life easier . I can send remittances using online and buy a load . And i use this to buy in online store like lazada or many online store that accepting this as a mode of payment. Depending on us where we want to use our bitcoin or crypto currencies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: