Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banksy  (Read 7435 times)
KMBTC11

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 03:15:48 PM

Sheesh... then we'll start forking the Banksy chain with IObanksy, IxBanksy, eBanksy and all manner of other crap  Grin
Hey, for all we know all Banksys since the first could be copycats! BitBanksy could be a good thing  Cheesy

Like Mr. Brainwash?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 05:39:22 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2011, 08:32:37 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

If someone knows Banksy, he might be interested in promoting bitcoin. We will need guerrilla marketing to make smartphone commerce. It seemed whimsical enough to post.
cbeast, does this imply you know Banksy and you're in contact with him? Would be great to have him on board!
I've conversed with many interesting folks, most of them as pseudonyms. There seem to be very few freethinking hipsters, and they tend to orbit similar worlds. If Banksy groks the significance of a proletariat crypto-currency, he may find a new milieu for his art and craft.

There is nothing like a fusillade of acateleptic verbiage to make even the most puerile asseverations seem the acme of sagacious perspicacity. I'm just saying.
Nice copypasta http://andyrantsandraves.blogspot.com/2007/12/how-to-use-really-big-words-to-sound.html

You are correct, cbeast. I did copy and paste it. I'm not smart enough to come up with that on my own. But I was smart enough to hunt it down and use it as a reply to your post of which I enjoyed, hence my efforts. I enjoy reading your posts, even ones calling out copy-pasters. Nice catch, cbeast. Cheers!
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 08:28:58 PM

If someone knows Banksy, he might be interested in promoting bitcoin. We will need guerrilla marketing to make smartphone commerce. It seemed whimsical enough to post.
cbeast, does this imply you know Banksy and you're in contact with him? Would be great to have him on board!
I've conversed with many interesting folks, most of them as pseudonyms. There seem to be very few freethinking hipsters, and they tend to orbit similar worlds. If Banksy groks the significance of a proletariat crypto-currency, he may find a new milieu for his art and craft.

There is nothing like a fusillade of acateleptic verbiage to make even the most puerile asseverations seem the acme of sagacious perspicacity. I'm just saying.
Nice copypasta http://andyrantsandraves.blogspot.com/2007/12/how-to-use-really-big-words-to-sound.html

You are correct, cbeast. I did copy and paste it. I'm not that smart to come up with that on my own. But I was smart enough to hunt it down and use it as a reply to your post of which I enjoyed, hence my efforts. I enjoy reading your posts, even ones calling out copy-pasters. Nice catch, cbeast. Cheers!

Man, Bruno...you are the prince of trolls. I dig it.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 08:38:59 PM

You are correct, cbeast. I did copy and paste it. I'm not that smart to come up with that on my own. But I was smart enough to hunt it down and use it as a reply to your post of which I enjoyed, hence my efforts. I enjoy reading your posts, even ones calling out copy-pasters. Nice catch, cbeast. Cheers!

Man, Bruno...you are the prince of trolls. I dig it.

Thank you, RandyFolds, I think. Would you be so kind as to define the term troll for me as used in your post?

I copied and pasted this definition of Troll from the Urban Dictionary site: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument. That in no way describes me, hence asking for clarification. Thank you, bud.

I just love the smell of dead troll in the morning!

RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:14:43 PM

You manage to play devil's advocate in damn near every post, but you do it so respectfully that you can hardly be called a troll for it. It's like, you are so polite that I am not quite certain what your angle is. This could be one friggin' hilarious long-con troll.

So basically, you don't really go for maximum disruption and argument, but you do post material for maximum discussion. It's like productive trolling...

I thoroughly enjoy it.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 01:14:11 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2011, 01:47:36 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

You manage to play devil's advocate in damn near every post, but you do it so respectfully that you can hardly be called a troll for it. It's like, you are so polite that I am not quite certain what your angle is. This could be one friggin' hilarious long-con troll.

So basically, you don't really go for maximum disruption and argument, but you do post material for maximum discussion. It's like productive trolling...

I thoroughly enjoy it.

Thank you kindly for your comment, RandyFolds. Allow me to be totally truthful with you and everybody else on this board. For starters, I truly love Bitcoin. I have never spent any amount of time on any other forum with this avatar name or any other. Although a Google group search may uncover a couple post related to poker on some poker forum where I believe I once used Phinnaeus Gage years ago. That should explain some of the mistakes I may have made on this forum, but luckily I'm a fast learner and don't like touching a hot stove twice. I didn't know what a forum troll was until I read, then joined, this forum. Using the Urban Dictionary definition of troll, of which I have so provided, I can clearly state that I am not one--short or long term. I can easily be found here in Sandwich, Illinois. The major can even tell you where I, Bruno, lives. I'm not planning on going anywhere (that is not until I fill my pockets up with as many of somebody else's Bitcoin as possible--I guess that's what you mean by long-con troll [only humor]). I have no ulterior motive when it comes to Bitcoin--only magnanimity (boy, I hope I used that two Bitcoin word correctly). I don't diss other members (well, maybe if/when I do, I do it in such a way that you've so gracefully described) and try to treat everybody here with the utmost respect. The way I think, coupled with my writing style (did I mention images?), may be why it would seem that I go for maximum disruption and argument. Not once, though, do I purposely write and post sometime to cause that effect. I truly hate (as well as hate that word--not trying to be funny there) conflict. I never look for problems--always solutions (as you've seen in some of my posts). I'll now lightly touch on the leather wallets hawking issue (not for you, but others, now that I'm on this diatribe). I didn't come here to hawk any products. It just manifested that way. With that said, I will have other products in the works for the Bitcoin Enthusiasts. As stated before, I will not recognize a single Bitcoin profit with the sale of these items--but Martin Basurto, my brother-in-law, will enjoy an increase in his hand tooled leather business. In fact, thanks to me and, moreover, Bitcoin, he'll be able to justify adding another apprentice to his staff. You could say a job was created all due to Bitcoin.

Sorry for going long in one paragraph, but I didn't feel like breaking it up, for it was all one thought. I offer no apologies for anything I have written to date, unless I've already done so (that doesn't seem to make much sense, but I feel you know what I'm trying to say). Once again, I truly thank you, RandyFolds (either a poker player or works at a Chinese dry cleaners), for your comments, thereby allowing me to respond with this post reply.

With that said (I even kinda hate that cliche), let's now get back to work on making Bitcoin into whatever we're suppose to be making it into. There's a lot work to do--and trolls to feed. (I bet Randy doesn't have a clue that I just stuck it up his ass with this post--only kidding Randy  Smiley I figure you would thoroughly enjoy that. [in reference to the last line in your post and not that you would enjoyed something stuck up your...--why am I always explaining myself?])

ffernandex

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:27:15 AM

• Banksy is Satoshi Nakamoto (or versa-visa)

There is actually one hint to support that claim:

If you look closely at the genesis block, at the famous quote from The Times, this text is within an hex string, and if you include the following character it actually reads:

00000080   01 04 45 54 68 65 20 54  69 6D 65 73 20 30 33 2F   ..EThe Times 03/
00000090   4A 61 6E 2F 32 30 30 39  20 43 68 61 6E 63 65 6C   Jan/2009 Chancel
000000A0   6C 6F 72 20 6F 6E 20 62  72 69 6E 6B 20 6F 66 20   lor on brink of
000000B0   73 65 63 6F 6E 64 20 62  61 69 6C 6F 75 74 20 66   second bailout f
000000C0   6F 72 20 62 61 6E 6B 73  FF FF FF FF 01 00 F2 05   or banksÿÿÿÿ..ò.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Genesis_block

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:12:14 AM

• Banksy is Satoshi Nakamoto (or versa-visa)

There is actually one hint to support that claim:

If you look closely at the genesis block, at the famous quote from The Times, this text is within an hex string, and if you include the following character it actually reads:

00000080   01 04 45 54 68 65 20 54  69 6D 65 73 20 30 33 2F   ..EThe Times 03/
00000090   4A 61 6E 2F 32 30 30 39  20 43 68 61 6E 63 65 6C   Jan/2009 Chancel
000000A0   6C 6F 72 20 6F 6E 20 62  72 69 6E 6B 20 6F 66 20   lor on brink of
000000B0   73 65 63 6F 6E 64 20 62  61 69 6C 6F 75 74 20 66   second bailout f
000000C0   6F 72 20 62 61 6E 6B 73  FF FF FF FF 01 00 F2 05   or banksÿÿÿÿ..ò.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Genesis_block

0xFFFFFFFF is -1, which is the next field in the block header after the coinbase field, and ÿ is the unicode character for FF.  No conspiracy here.

Will

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:25:51 AM

Anyone who likes Banksy should check out this awesome film:

http://www.banksyfilm.com/

BTC4Victory

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:34:27 AM

Getting in touch with Banksy is harder then to get in touch with Satoshi.

Nonsense. The Onion outed her a couple of years ago: http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-grandmother-comes-forward-as-banksy,17604/

LONDON—At a press conference Tuesday, 89-year-old Rose Biggin, a grandmother from the Camden Town neighborhood of North London, announced that she was in fact the internationally renowned graffiti artist known only as Banksy. "Those drawings? Oh, yes, those are mine," said the diminutive octogenarian, who admitted to scaling buildings and climbing fences in order to put up life-sized stenciled images that satirize modern society's mores and its inherent political power structures. "It sure does help to pass the time." Biggin then returned home, where along with some of her "dearest friends," she sipped tea, sampled some nice ginger cake, and planned the necessary destruction of dominant capitalist paradigms.

Grin
coastermonger

Activity: 367

Find me at Bitrated

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:54:34 PM

If you know anything about banksy, you would know that he shuns consumerism and would very likely get offended at the idea of people paying him to tag buildings to market a product.

Bitrated user: Rees.
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:24:42 PM

If you know anything about banksy, you would know that he shuns consumerism and would very likely get offended at the idea of people paying him to tag buildings to market a product.
Bitcoin is free. I mined my own. Tagging is free too, you just have to buy the spraypaint.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 05:28:10 PM

A while back I actually toyed with the notion of copying he's Gangsta rat stencil and replaicing the dollar sign with BTC. Not that I paint walls or anything, just seemd like the coolest thing ever to have.

[edit]

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:03:00 PM

Bitrated user: Mick.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:58:13 PM

Guerilla logic. I love Satoshi. I love Bansky. Therefore Bansky equals Satoshi.

I like this logic.

I love cake.  I love free things.  Therefore cake = free things.

Now give me my cake, damnit.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
aliceHortrex

Activity: 672

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 08:30:54 AM

Take a look at that, is it possible that it might be Banksy's work?
http://cointelegraph.com/post/bitcoin_graffiti_with_inner_history

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
BitcoinAccepted
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:28:46 AM

In 1999 myself and some friends gatecrashed a house party at Banksy's girlfriends place in Bristol.

Drank all the beer, got rowdy, left in a hurry.

Shall I appoint myself spokesman for this cause?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
bananahoho

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:12:35 AM

I thoroughly enjoy it.

I agree with your point of view you said there's a reason I also like it very much
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:15:21 PM

I thoroughly enjoy it.

I agree with your point of view you said there's a reason I also like it very much
Phinn is a very active member of the Bitcoin community. He's not a technical developer, but a diehard enthusiast. Once you grok his vibe, he makes you think.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:00:41 PM

Guerilla logic. I love Satoshi. I love Bansky. Therefore Bansky equals Satoshi.

I like this logic.

I love cake.  I love free things.  Therefore cake = free things.

Now give me my cake, damnit.

I love free lunch

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: