Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:04:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: An old thread. May contain the frustrations of some Cryptsy users.  (Read 19513 times)
fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:22:44 PM

They are completely broken today, do not use them!

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:32:47 PM

They are completely broken everyday, do not use them!

FTFY
fendlestick

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:35:38 PM

Thanks for the correction, what was I thinking  Grin

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:36:33 PM

My BTC on cryptsy has disappeared for the past five hours. I tried to place an order for several million DOGE several hours ago, but was unable to because my BTC has simply disappeared. Now DOGE is up literally 50 satoshies from when I attempted to place my order. This has cost me over $1,000 and what do I get in return? No response to any of my support tickets.

Talk about a terrible company.

fendlestick

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:37:51 PM

I am told vern is in bed so we just wait for him to have a lay-in.

Aknoth

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:41:47 PM

i just miss lot of money with the lag...

last time on it for me :/
o3u

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:42:11 PM

Cryptsy too my money and they don't care about anything else.

My 740 XPM was worth > 3000$ that night they took it.

No one is answering me about my issue, the only word these guys ever learned is "We allowed you to oversell, so you have to pay us now"

"Oversell"

"Oversold"

"It's your problem, our bug, but your problem."

"We don't give a shit about you, we don't give a shit if you trust us or about the law cause this is not money, its fake kid monopoly money."

"We deleted your screenshots because we knew they were revealing. Even though they were taken by our tool and proved you had that money and that we stole it, we just dont give a fuck so we deleted the tickets. However even if you backed them up we don't care, because you are a fucking CROOK, we don't know you but we are honest, we take everyones money but we are fucking honest and you're a fucking crook so your screenshot evidence is bullshit. Even if it was in the tickets our bug deleted."

(i have exact quotes somewhere in my logs but these are just TL;DR of what they basically repeat).

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.
o3u

Activity: 393

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:46:48 PM

Cryptsy too my money and they don't care about anything else.

My 740 XPM was worth > 3000$ that night they took it.

No one is answering me about my issue, the only word these guys ever learned is "We allowed you to oversell, so you have to pay us now"

"Oversell"

"Oversold"

"It's your problem, our bug, but your problem."

"We don't give a shit about you, we don't give a shit if you trust us or about the law cause this is not money, its fake kid monopoly money."

"We deleted your screenshots because we knew they were revealing. Even though they were taken by our tool and proved you had that money and that we stole it, we just dont give a fuck so we deleted the tickets. However even if you backed them up we don't care, because you are a fucking CROOK, we don't know you but we are honest, we take everyones money but we are fucking honest and you're a fucking crook so your screenshot evidence is bullshit. Even if it was in the tickets our bug deleted."

(i have exact quotes somewhere in my logs but these are just TL;DR of what they basically repeat).

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

PS: I DID NOT OVERSELL.

I DID NOT OVERSELL.
psionin

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:40:00 PM

65000+ new users in 25 days approximately. At the current rate there will be 100,000 new users next week. The problem is sheer load we have made major investments in hardware and manpower to address this. These investments are not realized overnight shipping. installation and training are required essentially it takes time. I would start expecting to see the results of these investments in people and hardware in the very near future we have already made tremendous improvements as it stands.

Management often thinks in terms of throwing resources at a problem, which is correct, but does little good if the underlying cause is not properly addressed in the technical sense.

On the other hand, engineering may have the understanding required to address it, but can easily ignore it, even if unconsciously, because the amount and difficulty of work required to completely restructure a spaghetti code base or to rewrite and reintegrate a component can be horrendous.

As pointed out already by some, I believe that the issue is not with volume per se, but with a core trade processing mechanism. I hope that it is addressed even if it takes months to do it, or if something has to be rewritten from scratch.
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:20:24 PM

so sad
mutch lag
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:31:01 PM

Very crossed markets. Buy orders super higher value then sell orders. No trades execute despite. Much retarded.
DarkKnight

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:24:11 PM

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

I want my money.

Take your ball and go home please.
thisisnotmyltcusername

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:39:09 PM

hehe, pending depositfs for the last 8-12 hours and site speed are miraculously resolved...once Doge is in freefall...
Seems some players/traders are more equal than others  Roll Eyes
LightningFury

Activity: 687
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:42:38 PM

deposit of 3482 Dogecoins

Shocked Grin

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████
███▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████▄████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.dune network...
           ██
         ██▀▀██
         ██▄▄██
       ██▀▀██▀▀██
       ██▄▄██▄▄█████▀▀███
       ██▀▀██▀▀█████▄▄███
       ██▄▄██▄▄█████▀▀███
  ███████████▀▀█████▄▄███
  ██▌▐██▌▐███▄▄█████▀▀███
  ██▌▐██▌▐██████████▄▄███
  ██▌▐██▌▐██████████▀▀███
  ██▌▐██▌▐██████████▄▄███
█████████████
██████████████
►  Metal
     ►  Wallets
          ►  dApps
►  Blog
     ►  Resources
          ►  Community

██████████

██████
██████████████████████████████
██████████

████████████████████
██████████
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:43:07 PM

is nobody else suspicious that this exchange might be delaying the execution of trades to profit off price flucations
and rape the market ?  or is it just me ?

how can a system be broken every fcuking day with hundreds of confirmations and orders not executed until prices have changed signigifigantly ,sometimes by near an order of magantude

i get it that shit happens to  even the best of "companies" can have a problem ,but it seems like at Cryptsy its more like a miracle if shit doesnt happen on any particular day and thousands of transactions dont get fucked up often costing customers a loss of their funds etc

fendlestick

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:45:23 PM

Well I cant even get my coins out it is the absolute last time I use them for anything,

CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:59:39 PM

i wouldnt send them a singe bitcent

if they had a shred of regard for their customers they would suspend all  trading and shut down to fix these problems
and then open up as a fully functional exchange

letting it continue in this fashion with customers getting ripped  off or ending up with negative balances because  trades took several hundred confirmations or coins got lost or balances got deleted to sub zero etc etc etc

and theyre happy to take on 100,000 new customers whie the system is as chaotic as  this ?

anyone sending them anything at this stage  is nutz after reading the problems current users are facing

with deleted support tickets and unanswered emails etc etc
DarkKnight

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:05:51 PM

is nobody else suspicious that this exchange might be delaying the execution of trades to profit off price flucations

how can a system be broken every fcuking day with hundreds of confirmations and orders not executed until prices have changed signigifigantly ,sometimes by near an order of magantude

i get it that shit happens to  even the best of "companies" can have a problem ,but it seems like at Cryptsy its more like a miracle if shit doesnt happen on any particular day and thousands of transactions dont get fucked up often costing customers a loss of their funds etc

Understand that *you* aren't the only one having problems. I couldn't pull coins out at all last night, but I'm not whining about it.

When the price swings and the trades slow down because of it, the system recovers and catches up. That's why it seems like it does. Think of the order of magnitude that orders are happening now on Cryptsy. Vern is very likely making a massive payout just on trading fees. There is no reason whatsoever for him to have an incentive to slow them down at all. Any even tiny amount of scam involved in that would come at the cost of a loss in trading fees because orders aren't getting executed or aren't getting placed because the system is so loaded down. SMH....

Complainers: If you don't like it, go use another damned exchange. FFS, nobody is forcing you to use Cryptsy. You're using it, because despite it's flaws, it's one of the better exchanges out there. Effing BTER won't let you trade or withdrawl to 8 digits, so they are playing the office space game and trying to pocket a million half penny transactions. *That* is a scam. BTCe won't trade in many coins. I won't touch Mtgox because my fucking email and pass got leaked on the net when they got hacked. So please, go away or STFU.
Deltron

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:22:18 PM

Understand that *you* aren't the only one having problems. I couldn't pull coins out at all last night, but I'm not whining about it.

When the price swings and the trades slow down because of it, the system recovers and catches up. That's why it seems like it does. Think of the order of magnitude that orders are happening now on Cryptsy. Vern is very likely making a massive payout just on trading fees. There is no reason whatsoever for him to have an incentive to slow them down at all. Any even tiny amount of scam involved in that would come at the cost of a loss in trading fees because orders aren't getting executed or aren't getting placed because the system is so loaded down. SMH....

Complainers: If you don't like it, go use another damned exchange. FFS, nobody is forcing you to use Cryptsy. You're using it, because despite it's flaws, it's one of the better exchanges out there. Effing BTER won't let you trade or withdrawl to 8 digits, so they are playing the office space game and trying to pocket a million half penny transactions. *That* is a scam. BTCe won't trade in many coins. I won't touch Mtgox because my fucking email and pass got leaked on the net when they got hacked. So please, go away or STFU.

You're whiteknighting for a company that has cost people literally hundreds of thousands in revenue. As the guy you quoted states, it's ok for companies to have a problem every now and again. Cryptsy has had the same problems for MONTHS. They do not address them. They do not answer tickets. They do not respond to 10,000+ forum threads all saying the same thing. They just keep adding more coins which is COMPOUNDING the problem. They might not be intentionally scamming, but they surely are not competent enough to run an exchange with that much volume. Have you seen the image of their servers? My single gaming PC could DDoS it into the ground. Essentially, they've strapped 30" rims to a Toyota Yaris and aren't addressing the fact that it won't drive in a straight line.
whorehay

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:31:17 PM

I've been trading on several exchanges for the past month now and these have been my experiences:

Btc-e is by far the best, fast and never any issues, but they don't have a lot of alt-coins.

I have oversold with cryptsy before, and I just had to deposit/buy to bring my account even and all was good, I have no problem with that. There has however been times where my account was audited and my coins would just decrease or increase, after not having used the site in a day. It very well could be the correct thing, but since it was so delayed, and I trade a lot, I have no idea and just have to trust their system did the correct thing. Currently I have a stuck order that partially filled, but I never recieved the bought coins and I cannot cancel the order. It just says "order processing" when I try. This order has been stuck for over 5 days now, and it was a fairly large purchase (for me atleast). I'm hoping they get to my ticket soon (#51645).

With bter, I oversold a tiny amount of LTC, because I was creating and canceling orders quickly. I have since deposited and bought/sold tons of LTC (over 100 times the amount in dispute, racking up trading fees all the while) to try and resolve the issue, but nothing has worked. Now the additional LTC I deposited is also stuck there. It's been 5 days and I've heard nothing from their support and admin emails.

So between bter and cryptsy, over half of my total BTC is stuck, it's not a good feeling.

Vircurex has been 100% for me. They have had issues with ltc/btc, but it just wouldn't let you place an order, so not a big deal.

Coinedup has also been 100%, it can be laggy to load the pages, but the orders/deposits/ and withdraws and stuff go through quickly if you can get the pages to load, which you can most of the time.

I've had deposit issues with coins-e, but after enough tickets and about 10 days they have all been resolved. The deposit issues seemed to all happen at once after one of my account balances got messed up. I created a new account and I will continue to trade here.

Crypto-trade has been solid for me as well, no issues. A little slow to load pages, and low volume, but it works great!

Best advice I can give for bter and cryptsy is to trade slowly with these sites, don't try and quickly add/remove orders. Sometimes you don't have a choice when the market is moving fast though ><

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: