Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:29:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Lamborghini for bitcoin thread!  (Read 34996 times)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:53:09 PM

BTW, if you guys did not know, this Lambo sucks on ice Sad

you didnt screw it, did you?

yes, of course so many hp on ice is a little to much, but at least it has fwd and that should help a bit. imagine it would be 2wd on ice...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:57:19 PM

Congratulations on your car, but threads like this insinuate the pyramid scheme reputation that bitcoin has Sad
"Look, I have a Lambo! Buy in and you can also someday own a Lambo!". Most of the pyramid scheme resembling businesses operate like this, with early adopters talking about their cars and villas during presentations. So, enjoying your bitcoin wealth with a little subtlety wouldn't hurt Smiley

Except in Goat's case we all know that he made his money with investments. BTW: He was one of the few passthroughs of the thief Pirate that actually made it right with the community. I think the point is that if you use your brain, a little skill, and some luck you can also buy in to Bitcoin and make a fortune with it. You must be willing to apply yourself (start a business, invest, etc.).

kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:02:47 PM

I doubt copying the advertisement tactics from pyramid schemes is hardly a bad idea. It clearly works. It will work for something that isn't a pyramid scheme too.

Pyramid schemes tactics work with simple-minded people and they scare away smart people who have any ethics at all. I personally don't want to be involved in anything that uses pyramid scheme tactics in marketing. Do you?
kkaspar

banned but not broken

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:09:53 PM

Except in Goat's case we all know that he made his money with investments. BTW: He was one of the few passthroughs of the thief Pirate that actually made it right with the community. I think the point is that if you use your brain, a little skill, and some luck you can also buy in to Bitcoin and make a fortune with it. You must be willing to apply yourself (start a business, invest, etc.).

I'm not attacking Goat's persona nor his past actions regarding bitcoin. So no need to defend him against that. I was just pointing out that maybe more subtlety should be considered if one doesn't like the pyramid scheme reputation that bitcoin has.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:14:45 PM

I'm not attacking Goat's persona nor his past actions regarding bitcoin. So no need to defend him against that. I was just pointing out that maybe more subtlety should be considered if one doesn't like the pyramid scheme reputation that bitcoin has.

You don't get it. Ostentatious displays of wealth are common marketing techniques. That has nothing to do with the design of the business. So is Chanel a pyramid?

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:16:14 PM

You don't get it. Ostentatious displays of wealth are common marketing techniques. That has nothing to do with the design of the business. So is Chanel a pyramid?

Technically everything in society is a pyramid. It's not really a problem if you're relatively close to the top though Smiley
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:18:57 PM

Technically everything in society is a pyramid. It's not really a problem if you're relatively close to the top though Smiley

You know what he's talking about. A pyramid scheme.

kkaspar

banned but not broken

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:24:23 PM

Bitcoin is not a pyramid scheme at all. PERIOD

The advertisement tactics of pyramid schemes work. So IF you want to advertise Bitcoin (not necessary for eventual growth, just a catalyst for faster adoption) it's a pretty good tactic. I mean, people that try to get stores to accept Bitcoin are applauded. Why isn't this? It's the same thing.

Ok, I see that I opened a really nasty can of worms with my observation. I wish you merry christmas and hope that you will also see the point that I tried to make.

Quote from: QuestionAuthority

I actually haven't seen any Chanel stockholders showing their cars to attract new stockholders. And also it is a little hard to understand how can you put a cryptocurrency in the comparable group with a fashion company :/
But please, let's end it here. I didn't know what I was getting myself into with making this observation. Carry on with all your fun talks about luxury machinery Smiley
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:32:13 PM

n00dles0up

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:53:23 PM

WOW amazing. When your done, feel free to send me the car. I know I am a new user but I promise I wont let it go to waste. Congrats. Wink
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2069

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:16:42 AM

I hope I can buy mine in less than 3 years, then we will race in a safe race track (maybe in İstanbul Park) Goat. Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
e521

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:24:33 AM

Not to be harsh, because I am really happy for you if this is what makes you happy, but this post shouldn't be in this section, it belongs to off topic imho
Bitcoin is not about buy a nice car

grubles

Activity: 180

mistaken for gribble since 2011

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:26:06 AM

Goats lambo: brought to you thanks to PPT victims across the globe!

BM-NBi5PcH8BBqDVp7WSJe2pNgqEVvTjd6T
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:27:07 AM

Goats lambo: brought to you thanks to PPT victims across the globe!

Bull shit. Then it would have been Hashking's Lambo (or one of the other thieves).
kkaspar

banned but not broken

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:48:26 AM

The point of buying the car was to show that it can be done. Also to counter people like greenspan saying btc lacked intrensic value.

Yes i could have bought something else but now the whole world knows you can buy real goods with btc.

I'm sorry that I came back, but I was just too tempted to point out that buying a car doesn't prove BTC intrinsic value.  The working time spent on creating the BTC core software, creating the mining hardware, creating the support services, electricity used, demand of product etc. prove that BTC  has calculable intrinsic value. Buying a car only shows that BTC has value, without pointing out if the value is intrinsic or speculative. And that was already proven when first bitcoins were sold with couple of cents per coin. And it is still proven by exchanges that trade bitcoins for a certain price.
My problem was not with your car and I also like exotic pieces of machinery. I was just pointing out that maybe it isn't useful to create certain type of first-impressions. When the bitcoin market will be flooded with people who are vulnerable to these types of marketing techniques, then the outcome isn't pretty. These people are unstable and vulnerable to all kinds of simple types manipulations and bitcoin is not ready for that. Bitcoin needs more serious people who are able to be supportive to the entire evolutionary process. And these types of marketing techniques will make BTC unattractive to serious and ethical people without who BTC will not survive.
I see bitcoin as a step in monetary evolution, so it hurts me to see it treated like a standard pyramid scheme.

I'll try not to respond again, because I see that my observation aggravates people here. But I hope that you'll think about my line of thought.

Take care and drive safe Smiley
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:53:04 AM

For the record, I don't think your responses have aggravated anyone. While I don't necessarily agree with what your say, what you say is articulate and worded nicely. Earlier you made a remark towards me indicating you thought I was mad. I am not and was not. If I have given that impression I apologize Smiley
Lala

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:57:08 AM

Wow, such beautiful cars, so expensive though!
SprichtZarathustra

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:21:52 AM

The point of buying the car was to show that it can be done. Also to counter people like greenspan saying btc lacked intrensic value.

Yes i could have bought something else but now the whole world knows you can buy real goods with btc.

I'm sorry that I came back, but I was just too tempted to point out that buying a car doesn't prove BTC intrinsic value.  The working time spent on creating the BTC core software, creating the mining hardware, creating the support services, electricity used, demand of product etc. prove that BTC  has calculable intrinsic value. Buying a car only shows that BTC has value, without pointing out if the value is intrinsic or speculative. And that was already proven when first bitcoins were sold with couple of cents per coin. And it is still proven by exchanges that trade bitcoins for a certain price.
My problem was not with your car and I also like exotic pieces of machinery. I was just pointing out that maybe it isn't useful to create certain type of first-impressions. When the bitcoin market will be flooded with people who are vulnerable to these types of marketing techniques, then the outcome isn't pretty. These people are unstable and vulnerable to all kinds of simple types manipulations and bitcoin is not ready for that. Bitcoin needs more serious people who are able to be supportive to the entire evolutionary process. And these types of marketing techniques will make BTC unattractive to serious and ethical people without who BTC will not survive.
I see bitcoin as a step in monetary evolution, so it hurts me to see it treated like a standard pyramid scheme.

I'll try not to respond again, because I see that my observation aggravates people here. But I hope that you'll think about my line of thought.

Take care and drive safe Smiley

Valid line of thought.

I would like to add that instead of worrying about certain kind of people attracted to certain kind of...
Let's focus on the people we want to focus on in a positive way.

Cryptocables

Activity: 270
Merit: 220

CQ - I make High Voltage glowy things.

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 02:34:28 AM

Haha, Goat, this is awesome! Thanks for the props and congrats on the awesome car! Smiley

⚡ VOLTAGE GOAT ⚡
🐐 https://www.voltagegoat.com
🐐 http://www.twitter.com/VoltageGoat

High Voltage Crypto Illuminations. Neons, Nixies, Numitrons, ++ more Smiley
Official Launchpad of the Numitron Bitcoin Ticker Rocket
Cryptocables

Activity: 270
Merit: 220

CQ - I make High Voltage glowy things.

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:08:15 AM

Thx for the neon sign!