Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:35:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840287 times)
Trafficlearn

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:39:30 AM

Here is where eac and its community went wrong, people here didn't want it on cryptsy right away. Example, 42 coin launched and within a few days it is on cryptsy and value has risen 50X.   That is what you do if you care about maximizing profits. Noone at 42 coin has a problem talking about miners selling for profit. The coin was designed to make money, not buy carrots.

Too bad people here were more interested in bashing miners like myself for wanting to profit, and swearing, talking about walking on my dick, they said go to hell, good riddance, etc etc etc!!!  Serves you guys right, if you had concerned yourselves with what was right for the coin and that was get it on cryptsy asap, but no, you didn't want that and now you have a coin dropping in value everyday. I am glad I was smart enough to liquidate and move on to profitable coins. Guess what, all the other coins think value going up is good and price dropping is bad. Here people said I had the mentality of a 16 year old for thinking price dropping is bad and price going up is good.  Karma is a bitch. Seems stupid to make an enemy of the people who mine these coins and support them, without miners no coin would survive. Peace out. Grin

You have said goodbye many times already.....what's it going to be?
THIS is your problem....you don't know when enough is enough.....

~TESLACOINS ~      http://www.teslacoins.com  Teslacoins! Renewable energy mining!  COMING SOON!
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WesandEAC

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:46:01 AM

The price will obviously drop lower.  I would have preferred to stay off crypts for a while.  You have to understand the mechanics of the buy and sell side to understand what makes a coin valuable.  You could do a doctorate on the subject, it is actually quite predictable.  EAC will languish for 8 months and will spark a little life around September leading into a nice 800 Satoshi climb by late November where I think it could hit 2 cents by January 2015.  At least that is my play, it of course must continue to trade and build assets and that is what will allow the coin to succeed and survive.  Education people, intangible effort that manifests in profits much later.  I was going to slow the excitement down a bit last night but you guys seemed excited.  Now we have to clean up after the party and get back to work. Wink
CrytoEnthusiast

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:47:17 AM

The price will obviously drop lower.  I would have preferred to stay off crypts for a while.  You have to understand the mechanics of the buy and sell side to understand what makes a coin valuable.  You could do a doctorate on the subject, it is actually quite predictable.  EAC will languish for 8 months and will spark a little life around September leading into a nice 800 Satoshi climb by late November where I think it could hit 2 cents by January 2015.  At least that is my play, it of course must continue to trade and build assets and that is what will allow the coin to succeed and survive.  Education people, intangible effort that manifests in profits much later.  I was going to slow the excitement down a bit last night but you guys seemed excited.  Now we have to clean up after the party and get back to work. Wink
I like the prophetic tone of your post Cheesy thanks man, I needed a good laugh.
earthcoin (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 04:55:08 AM

IMPORTANT:

I'd like to ask the community to help us with this:

We have just assigned yet a new person to a new facebook page and put up the like button in our header on the main site.

Can you guys all please give it a like/share to help spread the word please? http://www.earthcoin.biz

Also :: We've had a few facebook pages now, and I think we've already tried to consolidate with no final result until now. So I kindly ask for a few volunteers either from the previous facebook pages or simply those that are enjoying this journey and would like to help keep the facebook page updated while we work on the bigger picture stuff.

Perhaps even the team that's looking after earthcoin.eu, you guys are doing a great job maybe simply cross post from the news feed site right to the facebook page.

Special thanks going to out lucoia for setting this up and getting some advertising going for us on facebooks ad inventory (great targeting has been set too). If you'd like to be a part of the fb team please reach out to him for admin privelages etc.

We also already have a bunch of twitters setup however if anyone wants to actually look after one and cross post it from the newsfeed site as well it might be warranted so we can also put up a twitter button on the main site.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
lucoia

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:06:59 AM

One thing I learned, there's only one thing that's certain in the crypto world, nothing is certain.

Every time I try to make predictions I'm always wrong. (usually reality is always better then my predictions lol)

EAC prices can go x10 and up starting tomorrow if iOS app is released or EAC got press coverage with whatever big news, or if network hashrate goes + 10.000% or all of those things together.

EAC can die tomorrow if everybody get pissed and just stop mining the coin.
WesandEAC

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:07:13 AM

I like the prophetic tone of your post Cheesy thanks man, I needed a good laugh.

Hehe I do not do this for fun guy.  My warning to the board about the precipitous price drop was my gift to you as well.  This is not a hobby for me.  Pay attention.  Crypto-currency modeling is VERY predictable, the math is beyond you so I will not bother but I do wish you lots of luck.  I support EarthCoin to the max and am doing my best to manage the expectations of the people who really do not get it.  All crypto currencies spend 80% of their life cycle in decline and only 20% of the time on an incline.  80% of the time the decline is 50-80% of value and 20% of the time the spike is 500-1000% of prior value.  Understand what the early adoptability curve represents and you will do very well trading these new instruments.
lucoia

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:08:44 AM

IMPORTANT:

I'd like to ask the community to help us with this:

We have just assigned yet a new person to a new facebook page and put up the like button in our header on the main site.

Can you guys all please give it a like/share to help spread the word please? http://www.earthcoin.biz

Also :: We've had a few facebook pages now, and I think we've already tried to consolidate with no final result until now. So I kindly ask for a few volunteers either from the previous facebook pages or simply those that are enjoying this journey and would like to help keep the facebook page updated while we work on the bigger picture stuff.

Perhaps even the team that's looking after earthcoin.eu, you guys are doing a great job maybe simply cross post from the news feed site right to the facebook page.

Special thanks going to out lucoia for setting this up and getting some advertising going for us on facebooks ad inventory (great targeting has been set too). If you'd like to be a part of the fb team please reach out to him for admin privelages etc.

We also already have a bunch of twitters setup however if anyone wants to actually look after one and cross post it from the newsfeed site as well it might be warranted so we can also put up a twitter button on the main site.
Oh, Hai. Smiley
WesandEAC

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:11:34 AM

Stay focused on the prize and build the community and forget about the price.  The reward will come naturally.  iPhone apps, Android apps, Facebook pages, reddit, IRC the eu forum, and earthcointalk.org.

This is where the value lies as well as the merchants directory that is coming soon to benefit the miners and allow them to buy some of that crazy hardware directly with their EAC's.

Nice job everyone, do not be dissuaded by price fluctuations, it is insignificant and necessary to change over the investor mentality dispensing with short term thinking.  It is natural.
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:24:44 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 05:42:17 AM by hvezdasmrti

At least the price doesnt move too radically. Except typical craptsyspike. The most killing for new coins is price shaking, due to instant retarget, is EAC relativelly immune to that.
I agree, the price depends on real basements and real work. Our small metropolitan network may accept earthcoin, if it survives first months, i will decide to use EAC for propagation of our network and later maybe it will be seriously taken as online payment (giving some users possibility to pay the bills hidden allowing giving them special price - we cant give any rabats due to laws, we dont pay taxes but we cant give another than one universal price for our non commercial "product").

EAC has many advantages what other coins dont offer, dont forget.

But its hardly shadowed by the explosion of crapcoins, if the developers and promoters hard work will steady continue, it may be everything OK. If they dump their premined amounts and leave the ship with big haha, it will die, of course. Its a startup project as everyone else but i think people are so much blinded by pump-n-dump coins, ponzi schemes, etc. that they ignore the real purpose of virtual currencies - to circulate and create transactions and gain value primarily by transactions, not by gambling, pump n dumping or technical manipulations which never give any more value than dogs poo.

Yes and one good advice - bitcoin got big, why? Because the first adopters were... enthusiasts, mafians, growers, smokers, dreamers, black traders and fiat/bank-system-haters. Think about it. Dont say to public anything like "faster and cheaper way how to move your money for ganja" but let these people as early-adopters to get attracted. Just nondirectly, compare BTC transaction price vs. EAC, compare BTC transaction speed vs. EAC, it will be enough. BTC is like a crowded 2 way road with high toll, EAC (but 20 percent of competiting altcoins too also) is an empty 6 way highway with symbolical toll and boosters... This is the main way to promote it.

Bad way: Buy eac, because its cheap. Buy EAC because there are 9 developers behind it, maybe. Buy EAC until it gets to the moon. Sell now, regret later. Pump EAC.

Right way: Use EAC because its fast. Use EAC because it has the potential to be one of BTC descenders. And dont forget to fully utilize good marketing, the marketing will sell our EACs and let them grow up. Not now, but maybe in few months. When the situation with bitcoin slowness will get unbearable and limiting (approx. end of 2014). Ya and of course, many months after this pathetic bubble of crapcoins, ponzi-scheme "PoW" and "PoS" 2nd/3rd non mining "bitcoin descenders" and another really wild things based on everything except real work and value.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:04:04 AM

Hehe I do not do this for fun guy.  My warning to the board about the precipitous price drop was my gift to you as well.  This is not a hobby for me.  Pay attention.  Crypto-currency modeling is VERY predictable, the math is beyond you so I will not bother but I do wish you lots of luck.  I support EarthCoin to the max and am doing my best to manage the expectations of the people who really do not get it.  All crypto currencies spend 80% of their life cycle in decline and only 20% of the time on an incline.  80% of the time the decline is 50-80% of value and 20% of the time the spike is 500-1000% of prior value.  Understand what the early adoptability curve represents and you will do very well trading these new instruments.

If you have time to humour me, I'd like to see the math. I'm not doubting you, as what you describe roughly jibes with what I've been observing for the year and a half I've been involved in crypto. I just haven't seen any real modeling of it. I'm not a great mathematician, but I do like trying Smiley All knowledge is good knowledge...
minerman1234

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:04:12 AM

Faith.

That's what it comes down to.  Everyone here in this thread, from those that have been here from the beginning, to those that caught a ride along the way.  You just need a little bit of it.  As a wise man in this thread once said investing is like gambling.  It is, but there's one major difference.  With conventional gambling, you stand to obtain a value, whether it be money or gold or a product.  With investing, it's something more.  You bet more than just a commodity.  You bring your faith and belief to the table.

Everyone who spoke well of Earthcoin, you believe.  You're not foolish, you see what's in front of you, and you know it is good.  In the face of fear, did you dump?  Was profit or "breaking even" more on your mind than the future?  If so, why?  Are you in such a dire situation that you need that money, right here and now?  Was it worth it?  Worth throwing away the chance of what could be?  Where will you go after?  Hop on the next train that seems mildly promising, hoping to win big and repeating the same mistakes?  Those that don't learn from their past are doomed to repeat it.

There will be people that will tell you that it's too good to be true.  People that will tell you to give up.  There will ALWAYS be naysayers.  But it's belief in something that allows you to hold steadfast in the face of adversity.  Are you strong enough to stand?

In the world of investing, fortune smiles upon the brave.  The greatest investors in the world know that secret, and stand behind what they KNOW is good.  Sometimes it doesn't work out for the best, but those who don't stand for something fall for everything.  Don't forget that.

BTC: 1BZMMREG6ctsJx7donADBis9jXxrGiR3iU
EAC: eWNxJUy3TMx6qvK4HR9WM6stNjaVtASJcX
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:09:36 AM

At least the price doesnt move too radically. Except typical craptsyspike. The most killing for new coins is price shaking, due to instant retarget, is EAC relativelly immune to that.
I agree, the price depends on real basements and real work. Our small metropolitan network may accept earthcoin, if it survives first months, i will decide to use EAC for propagation of our network and later maybe it will be seriously taken as online payment (giving some users possibility to pay the bills hidden allowing giving them special price - we cant give any rabats due to laws, we dont pay taxes but we cant give another than one universal price for our non commercial "product").

EAC has many advantages what other coins dont offer, dont forget.

But its hardly shadowed by the explosion of crapcoins, if the developers and promoters hard work will steady continue, it may be everything OK. If they dump their premined amounts and leave the ship with big haha, it will die, of course. Its a startup project as everyone else but i think people are so much blinded by pump-n-dump coins, ponzi schemes, etc. that they ignore the real purpose of virtual currencies - to circulate and create transactions and gain value primarily by transactions, not by gambling, pump n dumping or technical manipulations which never give any more value than dogs poo.

Yes and one good advice - bitcoin got big, why? Because the first adopters were... enthusiasts, mafians, growers, smokers, dreamers, black traders and fiat/bank-system-haters. Think about it. Dont say to public anything like "faster and cheaper way how to move your money for ganja" but let these people as early-adopters to get attracted. Just nondirectly, compare BTC transaction price vs. EAC, compare BTC transaction speed vs. EAC, it will be enough. BTC is like a crowded 2 way road with high toll, EAC (but 20 percent of competiting altcoins too also) is an empty 6 way highway with symbolical toll and boosters... This is the main way to promote it.

Bad way: Buy eac, because its cheap. Buy EAC because there are 9 developers behind it, maybe. Buy EAC until it gets to the moon. Sell now, regret later. Pump EAC.

Right way: Use EAC because its fast. Use EAC because it has the potential to be one of BTC descenders. And dont forget to fully utilize good marketing, the marketing will sell our EACs and let them grow up. Not now, but maybe in few months. When the situation with bitcoin slowness will get unbearable and limiting (approx. end of 2014). Ya and of course, many months after this pathetic bubble of crapcoins, ponzi-scheme "PoW" and "PoS" 2nd/3rd non mining "bitcoin descenders" and another really wild things based on everything except real work and value.

+many

This was a bit hard to read. I assume English is not your native tongue? But it was well worth it. This guy is on the right track, boys and girls. If you want a coin to survive in the long term, it's transactional ability is THE key. Right now I can walk down to Walmart and spend some otherwise useless green paper backed by the promises of known liars. If we can get it to where I can do the same with Earthcoins, then not only does this little coin make it's early adopters a shitload of money, real money, but it helps to put the nails in the coffin of a colossal scam that has endured for centuries. Free money needs to happen if freedom is to happen. By Free Money, I don't mean you don't have to work or trade for it, I mean it's decentralized and owned directly by it's possessor.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:12:24 AM

Ive told myself Im going to never sell my EAC. The only situation where I would sell is if the EAC community completely dies and/or the devs dump and leave. I don't think either of these things will happen, the developers have a long term plan. I am holding EAC because I want to buy things with it. Not trade it in for the doomed united states dollar.

I am going to continue mining this because its still seems like the most polished and hard worked new altcoin coin in the last few months. Weak hands are dumping it and will continue to.

I am only 18 years old, I have years for EAC to grow. I hope what I am doing will be worth something one day, if not, it was worth the try. If this coin does fail then that pretty much proves for me that almost all, if not, all, alt coins (excluding established early ones) have no long-term future.

People cannot say the late addition to cryptsy caused this. Quick cash grabs/sell offs (i.e. dumps) will always happen in alt coins and EAC was no exception. The price is back to what it was before cryptsy was added.

Thank you. I meet so many young people these days who haven't the brain of a dead watch. It is very refreshing and a beautiful thing to a middle aged man to see young people with vision. It's so fucking rare these days! Preach your wisdom to those you know. Some will listen, even if they pretend to follow the group.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:14:01 AM

Faith.

That's what it comes down to.  Everyone here in this thread, from those that have been here from the beginning, to those that caught a ride along the way.  You just need a little bit of it.  As a wise man in this thread once said investing is like gambling.  It is, but there's one major difference.  With conventional gambling, you stand to obtain a value, whether it be money or gold or a product.  With investing, it's something more.  You bet more than just a commodity.  You bring your faith and belief to the table.

Everyone who spoke well of Earthcoin, you believe.  You're not foolish, you see what's in front of you, and you know it is good.  In the face of fear, did you dump?  Was profit or "breaking even" more on your mind than the future?  If so, why?  Are you in such a dire situation that you need that money, right here and now?  Was it worth it?  Worth throwing away the chance of what could be?  Where will you go after?  Hop on the next train that seems mildly promising, hoping to win big and repeating the same mistakes?  Those that don't learn from their past are doomed to repeat it.

There will be people that will tell you that it's too good to be true.  People that will tell you to give up.  There will ALWAYS be naysayers.  But it's belief in something that allows you to hold steadfast in the face of adversity.  Are you strong enough to stand?

In the world of investing, fortune smiles upon the brave.  The greatest investors in the world know that secret, and stand behind what they KNOW is good.  Sometimes it doesn't work out for the best, but those who don't stand for something fall for everything.  Don't forget that.

I fear being called wise. I think it's a dangerous assumption!  Other than that, well put, sir.
alexdoub1013

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:20:29 AM

eRnUbphexS4q9j2GbvLPhXtYxMfKZHGUgp
Thank you! Smiley
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:30:04 AM

+many

This was a bit hard to read. I assume English is not your native tongue? But it was well worth it. ...

Thanks.

Yup, english is really not my native language Smiley But even in my native language people consider my sentences and articles to be more complex and difficult than its usual and common. Im from central Europe, it has given me an idea - to fill up some informations to my profile... Just for explanation.

Once more thanks, many interesting articles and posts here got forgotten. Same like with the whole EAC and another not so crappy coins, they are covered with dust like pearls in the sand. Maybe +1/-1 voting system would be fine to be implemented here. +1 for wise words, -1 for bullshits -10 for obvious spam. Every stupid game forum has similar system of voting, why not bitcointalk?

In Pump and Dump we trust.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:35:08 AM

+many

This was a bit hard to read. I assume English is not your native tongue? But it was well worth it. ...

Thanks.

Yup, english is really not my native language Smiley But even in my native language people consider my sentences and articles to be more complex and difficult than its usual and common. Im from central Europe, it has given me an idea - to fill up some informations to my profile... Just for explanation.

Once more thanks, many interesting articles and posts here got forgotten. Same like with the whole EAC and another not so crappy coins, they are covered with dust like pearls in the sand. Maybe +1/-1 voting system would be fine to be implemented here. +1 for wise words, -1 for bullshits -10 for obvious spam. Every stupid game forum has similar system of voting, why not bitcointalk?

This is the most contentious forum I've ever been on. Also one of the most interesting. I think such a system would be abused into the ground, or totally ignored.

As for overly complex sentences, I get that too Smiley I suspect it comes from actually thinking about what you say.

Just out of curiousity, and feel free to ignore this if it's not something you want to reveal, what is your native language? Languages fascinate me. I've unfortunately only mastered English, but I speak a smattering of Mexican Spanish and can swear in German Smiley
alz

Activity: 227

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:46:38 AM

I want to attempt to start some discourse on the issue of miners failing to realise that the crypto markets are like all other markets by definition governed by the relationship between supply and demand.
There seems to be an extremely pervasive lack of understanding of the fact that all crypto coins as well as being a medium of exchange are also a commodity, and as with all commodities a large part portion of the market value is based on availability. 

This issue seems to be one of the major issues affecting all alts to some degree or another ATM, it seems like a high percentage of the new hashpower that hit the pools after last years spike is in the hands of people with no patience and even less intelligence!
not trying to sound harsh but how else do describe people who invest time and money into accumulating a commodity then rush out and panic sell en mass thus destroying a large percentage of the value of that commodity?
Then they learn nothing from this and do the same again on the next coin!??

And anyone who running power hungry GPU rigs without enough money to cover power cost for a few months in order to give themselves the  latitude to sell at the most profitable time is IMO on the fast track to going out of business, there is nowhere near enough money in mining to not sell smart if you ever want to pay for thoses R9 290X's.
The
Still on the upside I predict a ton of cheap second hand GPU  to start hitting ebay around the end of the month(rent time) for the next few months as people who rushed in in December realise that they are never going to break even let alone make any real profit.

just my 0.00000002 BTC

Stay strong miners the speculators are having a field day at your expense......

BTC - 1GJ2dWf8WBznTtkuuof3WTBXQAULaqVGYj LTC - LTyCKKCGHJQZwsh5YhyzGeee4womQwChUU DASH - Xp5pq62dgJxmbhawyNtWMKT9Rst8JgNCY7
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:04:04 AM

I want to attempt to start some discourse on the issue of miners failing to realise that the crypto markets are like all other markets by definition governed by the relationship between supply and demand.
There seems to be an extremely pervasive lack of understanding of the fact that all crypto coins as well as being a medium of exchange are also a commodity, and as with all commodities a large part portion of the market value is based on availability. 

This issue seems to be one of the major issues affecting all alts to some degree or another ATM, it seems like a high percentage of the new hashpower that hit the pools after last years spike is in the hands of people with no patience and even less intelligence!
not trying to sound harsh but how else do describe people who invest time and money into accumulating a commodity then rush out and panic sell en mass thus destroying a large percentage of the value of that commodity?

And anyone who running power hungry GPU rigs without enough money to cover power cost for a few months in order to give themselves the  latitude to sell at the most profitable time is IMO on the fast track to going out of business, there is nowhere near enough money in mining to not sell smart if you ever want to pay for thoses R9 290X's.
The
Still on the upside I predict a ton of cheap second hand GPU  to start hitting ebay around the end of the month(rent time) for the next few months as people who rushed in in December realise that they are never going to break even let alone make any real profit.

just my 0.00000002 BTC

I'm with you here. My mentality is more long term. Granted, this started out as a hobby, but the upside potential is in the long run. I'm an amateur economist (most agorists are) and fairly well versed in the Austrian school of economic theory. Unfortunately, I've also read John Maynard Keynes' General Theory as well, and it's "thinking" dominates modern economic discourse.

Not going to deep on that right now, as I'm about to go off to bed, but the more scarce or closely held a thing is, the higher it's perceived value. There is actually no such thing as "intrinsic" value, there is only market value. Miners, I guarantee you that those buying low don't intend to sell that way. Day trading can be fun and profitable, but it's one small facet of a much larger game. Play 'em all, and play to win.

I likened speculation to poker just a day ago. Most of you would lose your shirt at the poker table. Just like you lost your EAC at the Cryptsy opening. There is no reason to toss your money in the street for me to pick it up, but if you do, I'll not turn down the freebies.

My idea of profit in THIS coin is long term transactional ability. I think it's dev's have the juice, and the right plan to take it mainstream. If I'm right, then those of you selling your whole stash at first opportunity and low cost are going to be kicking yourselves in a year.

Remember in the early days when some dude paid 10k BTC for a pizza? If the guy he bought it from held his coins, he's sitting on a fortune right now. Let that sink it before you hit the "sell" button. Nothing wrong with occasional profit taking, but make sure you're TAKING a profit.
kitkat007

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

NEURON pre-ICO: starts on 17th September

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:07:49 AM

The

just my 0.00000002 BTC

I'm with you here. My mentality is more long term. Granted, this started out as a hobby, but the upside potential is in the long run. I'm an amateur economist (most agorists are) and fairly well versed in the Austrian school of economic theory. Unfortunately, I've also read John Maynard Keynes' General Theory as well, and it's "thinking" dominates modern economic discourse.

Not going to deep on that right now, as I'm about to go off to bed, but the more scarce or closely held a thing is, the higher it's perceived value. There is actually no such thing as "intrinsic" value, there is only market value. Miners, I guarantee you that those buying low don't intend to sell that way. Day trading can be fun and profitable, but it's one small facet of a much larger game. Play 'em all, and play to win.

I likened speculation to poker just a day ago. Most of you would lose your shirt at the poker table. Just like you lost your EAC at the Cryptsy opening. There is no reason to toss your money in the street for me to pick it up, but if you do, I'll not turn down the freebies.

My idea of profit in THIS coin is long term transactional ability. I think it's dev's have the juice, and the right plan to take it mainstream. If I'm right, then those of you selling your whole stash at first opportunity and low cost are going to be kicking yourselves in a year.

Remember in the early days when some dude paid 10k BTC for a pizza? If the guy he bought it from held his coins, he's sitting on a fortune right now. Let that sink it before you hit the "sell" button. Nothing wrong with occasional profit taking, but make sure you're TAKING a profit.

The problem with those guys is they dont really believe in the coin. I think its because there are too many coins coming out every day and people see coins like a weekly thing
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: