Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:01:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840291 times)
dfox101

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:22:15 AM

Though a little disheartening to read, my comments remain true, no love as we dip, temporary high as we climb, and then hate as we normalize Smiley.  THIS IS A LONG TERM PROJECT

No marketing team? Not efficient? Really?

Just in the last two days we've delegated top level tasks, consolidated our socials, consolidated our team/asset builders into internal groups, started overhauling our new site task, are putting together our merchant gateway/coinpayments guides, our press releases hit tons of sites: https://twitter.com/search?q=%22bitcoin%20alternative%20earthcoin%22&src=typd&f=realtime and https://www.google.com/webhp#filter=0&q=%22bitcoin+alternative+earthcoin%22 - More PR is being prepared, no frequency is high enough however please note what IS happening and be realistic. THIS IS A LONG TERM PROJECT

We're in a transition stage where the whole project is being streamlined and there are still daily highlights while we diligently work in the background - some of you are concerned and fear price - that's fine - however your comments about the marketing team are unjust, go be proactive to help instead of constant pressure for us to work faster. THIS IS A LONG TERM PROJECT. You don't have to believe in it, the collective along with time will prove it without fear and without distaste or rushing us.

Reassuring you guys on every dip and taking criticism from people seemingly in a better position to have done a better job than us - you are free to market, promote, or take part in the 101 things happening at earthcointalk.org to help us with the rollout of the next batch of assets, or you can sit here refreshing charts every half hour and continue your distaste, it won't make the price go up or make us work harder Smiley.   THIS IS A LONG TERM PROJECT

Onwards and upwards.

wow, even in Yahoo Finance, great job earthcoin team!
Nicho

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:33:28 AM

Thought a little disheartening to read, my comments remain true, no love as we dip, temporary high as we climb, and then hate as we normalize Smiley.  THIS IS A LONG TERM PROJECT

Just in the last two days we've delegated top level tasks, consolidated our socials, consolidated our team/asset builders into internal groups, started overhauling our new site task, are putting together our merchant gateway/coinpayments guides, our press releases hit tons of sites: https://twitter.com/search?q=%22bitcoin%20alternative%20earthcoin%22&src=typd&f=realtime and https://www.google.com/webhp#filter=0&q=%22bitcoin+alternative+earthcoin%22 - More PR is being prepared, no frequency is high enough however please note what IS happening and be realistic. THIS IS A LONG TERM PROJECT

We're in a transition stage where the whole project is being streamlined and there are still daily highlights while we diligently work in the background - some of you are concerned and fear price - that's fine - however your comments about the marketing team are unjust, go be proactive to help instead of constant pressure for us to work faster. THIS IS A LONG TERM PROJECT. You don't have to believe in it, the collective along with time will prove it without fear and without distaste or rushing us.

Reassuring you guys on every dip and taking criticism from people seemingly in a better position to have done a better job than us - you are free to market, promote, or take part in the 101 things happening at earthcointalk.org to help us with the rollout of the next batch of assets, or you can sit here refreshing charts every half hour and continue your distaste, it won't make the price go up or make us work harder Smiley.   THIS IS A LONG TERM PROJECT

Onwards and upwards.

I'm not really complaining but things could be better, i know people are really busy but things off the top of my head, take youtube for example, why doesnt it get utilized more?
Sort your YouTube channel out, you added a pretty good vid then removed it, the channel still doesn't have the correct logo icon in my subs page
You could start using the premine to pay YouTube creators that regularly cover alt-coins news to have a look at earth coin and do a vid on it, good for visibility no?
Pay Bill Still to get involved, he probably did more for quarks at the start than anything else imo.
Twitter, you let /earthcoins get snapped by someone else, also the name cryptoboomer is bad marketing for the coin imo, disassociate that account from the coin, create another one, use your real name etc.
Add the dev team, name, pictures, qualifications to the earthcoin foundation page, see worldcoin foundation for example.  People want to invest in the development team as much as the coin, to know it has a real future.
Reddit page needs developing, proper icons etc.  Doge coin is all about reddit and its doing great, for a shit coin.
Generally let people know what your doing with the premined coins so they dont think your just using them to sell on market, calm peoples fears more

I'm sorry if this offends people, just off top of my head.
holzer

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:34:54 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 06:17:10 AM by holzer

Ok holzer. Blame it on the imaginary 'pumper' who has made everything so terrible for you by 'inflating' the value of EarthCoin. Pray tell, O wise Oracle, what is the 'true value' of EarthCoin vs its current 'free market value'? I am truly curious to know how you valuate a cryptocurrency that is one month old, and is such a fluidly developing idea, as well as a store of value. Is there a book somewhere explaining how to valuate a brand new crypto currency? If not maybe you should write one.

Geez I have seen it all. The price rises for a day and now the sheep who sold at the lows moans like a two bit hussy about manipulation because he can't buy back where he sold....

You think that 'one pumper' controls this currency? I personally have bought more EAC over the last few days. I guess I am a terrible pumper as well. I guess I still think EACs value is 'artificially low' compares to the potential of riches that await those who can open their minds and see the light. Buy & Hold. And Buy some more. Long-term. Sell some when we are above $0.01 or on a 500% up day. Quit acting like a clown, this is an infant cryptocurrency, not Microsoft.

Buddy, Im willing to discuss this with you, but have some class and stop acting like a turd when someone says something you don't like. If you can't see how the price is being massively pumped and propped up by the same people over and over again, I don't know what to tell you because you have to be blind not to see it. They do it the exact same way every time. When they aren't doing anything the buy support isnt there and the price always goes down.  I am not here to troll eac, Ive been a supporter for awhile and had most of my money tied up in eac. I 'm not saying eac is bad or that anyone is doing a bad job. What Im saying is that their is not enough natural buy support for eac at this price. Thats why it always drops so fast after a pump. The price today was some of eac 's highest and the mining difficulty was around 15 for a good part of the day and only rose to 25-30 when the multipools hopped on it. Does that sound like people have confidence to you? Normally when price is at its highest so is the difficulty. Oh and btw your assumption that I sold low and can't get back in is wrong. I reluctantly sold out today at 210.

Your comments are typical of someone with blinders on who don't want to hear anything that doesn't gel with their line of thinking. All that being said, I still like eac and never blamed the coin, the devs or its supporters. Im just stating how things look to me from what I have seen over the past few weeks. I don't claim to be an expert or know everything.
earthcoin (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 05:48:13 AM

Thought a little disheartening to read, my comments remain true, no love as we dip, temporary high as we climb, and then hate as we normalize Smiley.  THIS IS A LONG TERM PROJECT

Onwards and upwards.

I'm not really complaining but things could be better, i know people are really busy but things off the top of my head, take youtube for example, why doesnt it get utilized more?
Sort your YouTube channel out, you added a pretty good vid then removed it, the channel still doesn't have the correct logo icon in my subs page
You could start using the premine to pay YouTube creators that regularly cover alt-coins news to have a look at earth coin and do a vid on it, good for visibility no?
Pay Bill Still to get involved, he probably did more for quarks at the start than anything else imo.
Twitter, you let /earthcoins get snapped by someone else, also the name cryptoboomer is bad marketing for the coin imo, disassociate that account from the coin, create another one, use your real name etc.
Add the dev team, name, pictures, qualifications to the earthcoin foundation page, see worldcoin foundation for example.  People want to invest in the development team as much as the coin, to know it has a real future.
Reddit page needs developing, proper icons etc.  Doge coin is all about reddit and its doing great, for a shit coin.
Generally let people know what your doing with the premined coins so they dont think your just using them to sell on market, calm peoples fears more

I'm sorry if this offends people, just off top of my head.

Thank you, now that's progressive and proper criticism Smiley.

Some of this is already happening and some of it may happen downstream, I appreciate your input. Once the new site/brand tweak is up, we can rollout with a lot more assets and utilize the platforms out there better. Please be patient with us as we redefine our infrastructure before we do any more marketing blitzes with the current assets/branding.

Thank you.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
CoinPumper

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:06:26 AM

Though a little disheartening to read, my comments remain true, no love as we dip, temporary high as we climb, and then hate as we normalize Smiley.  THIS IS A LONG TERM PROJECT

Onwards and upwards.

Could you define "Long Term" maybe?

In cryptoworld, things happen in days, or even hours, people wake up any morning and things could have changed drastically...
1Kb

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:35:59 AM

As I am not entirely sure about what you all expect (besides a high value), in my opion such a price improvement can and only will happen when it is outside the echanges. I think the stages to get there, are looking something like this:

* Preparation: usually picking up an existing crypto currency, copy and adjust the code with the features in mind. Also start the preparation of the marketing
   * Launching: Set a date to actively launch the coin for the miners community
   * Investors: When a currency is very young, it has the potential to become very valuable in the future. So this is where people buy the currency and store them for a long term. This is also contributing to the value of a currency as there will be less coins to available for trading.
   * Trading: Once a currency has gained some volume, miners will want to sell their earning to pay for their bills. (hardware, electricity and such)
   * Exchanges: When a currency reaches enough volume and enough interest from the people, exchanges will open their doors to allow trades being done via a trusted 3rd party or via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow
   * Merchants: once a currency gained enough volume and interest, a currency will grow in value due to supply and demand. At this stage other parties like merchants will gain interest and will allow goods to be traded for the coin. So basically actual purchases.
   * Day to day use: Once a currency reached a stage where it is not dependent on the price of the exchanges but we ourselves determine the price, that is when it can be called a successful currency.

And maybe I forgot a few stages even. This is also why we ALL need to think and act on regarding breaking the current exchange circle and get past the exchanges. A few options how to do that are mentioned here:
http://earthcointalk.org/forums/topic/breaking-the-circle/
So if you all could spend like 1 hour and think about breaking free or even better contact a charity or community project or merchant you think will be interested, we might just be 1 step further then we are now.
Btw, feel free to disagree with me. But please give a solid feedback if you do.

And as being the author of most of the wiki pages, you will find a lot of information there for enyone interested in EarthCoin who has not heard from us yet.
http://earthcointalk.org/wiki/
Anubite

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:49:20 AM

I love seeing the length of posts get longer when prices fall. Always happens.

So what is one thing we love about EAC?

I love it's reward cycle being based off the sun and earth, and think that should be permanent.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
1Kb

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:05:08 AM

Contest announcement
Rewards: 5 x 100 EAC + 1 x 100 EAC
Every 2 hours for a period of 10 hours, a winner will be drawn who provided the 1st good answer in that 2 hour time window.
In the end 1 random entry will be chosen excluding the winners receiving also 100 EAC
When one of the EAC charity addresses is mentioned by a winner, I will donate an extra 100 EAC to the charity mentioned per winner.

Rules:
•   You can only enter 1 time
•   From the moment my post appears/appeared on EarthCoinTalk.org, that is when the contest starts. The posting time sets the start mark.
•   The contest will run for 10 hours.
•   After the 10 hours the answers will be posted at the end of the period.
•   The winners will then be announced including the 1 lucky random
•   Only entries on EarthCoinTalk.org will be accepted
Requirements
•   A post by you stating the multiple choice answers.
•   The wallet address you would like to receive your winnings on
•   If you add an address of 1 of the EAC charities and you win, I will donate an additional 100 EAC to that charity cause you have chosen.
Btw:
The rewards are coming out of my own pocket so I hope you can appreciate what I am doing.

I will repost this message when the actual contest has started.
sakkosekk

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:13:42 AM

Onwards and upwards.

In cryptoworld, things happen in days, or even hours, people wake up any morning and things could have changed drastically...

He is taking about long term branding. Setting certain core values around EAC and how to communicate them. There is also many new people involved in the team and tasks needs to be delegated. The price is what changes in a matter of days in crypto. If a big event or news changes something drastically it is because goals have been set and plans have been made prior to this.
1Kb

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:39:53 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 10:12:52 AM by 1Kb

Contest announcement
Rewards: 5 x 100 EAC + 1 x 100 EAC
Every 2 hours for a period of 10 hours, a winner will be drawn who provided the 1st good answer in that 2 hour time window.
In the end 1 random entry will be chosen excluding the winners receiving also 100 EAC
When one of the EAC charity addresses is mentioned by a winner, I will donate an extra 100 EAC to the charity mentioned per winner.

Rules:
•   You can only enter 1 time
•   From the moment my post appears/appeared on EarthCoinTalk.org, that is when the contest starts. The posting time sets the start mark.
•   The contest will run for 10 hours.
•   After the 10 hours the answers will be posted at the end of the period.
•   The winners will then be announced including the 1 lucky random
•   Only entries on EarthCoinTalk.org will be accepted
Requirements
•   A post by you stating the multiple choice answers.
•   The wallet address you would like to receive your winnings on
•   If you add an address of 1 of the EAC charities and you win, I will donate an additional 100 EAC to that charity cause you have chosen.
Btw:
The rewards are coming out of my own pocket so I hope you can appreciate what I am doing.

Well, here it is. have fun:
http://earthcointalk.org/forums/topic/earthcoin-contest/

Additional bonus,
For all sharing the contest via facebook and providing proof (on bitcointalk.org) that they posted the link, I will pay 10 EAC for every unique poster.
Hyperjack

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:49:07 AM

Can EAC be listed on Bter , bte-38, guogao.com and Okcoin. They have your target client.Twitter and Google have lots of users but only 1% will use EAC at this stage. We love EAC.

You better believe we're trying! However we can't really talk about behind the scenes stuff like this or be here to reassure people that we're always trying to work with these and other exchanges. NOT ONE exchange has listed us 'just because we asked them to' or given us a timeframe or warning. Sorry that's not true - BigVern on my Skype gave me a timeframe of 'soon' < that's as close as we got.

We don't want to false advertise that we're going to be anywhere 'soon' again, it caused a ton of friction, just know we are indeed always trying to communicate with a lot of important elements and people for this project including exchanges. If you have connections (all/any of you) with any of them, and are professional, yes - please approach them on our behalf to lend a hand with awareness and potential listing. We'll probably randomly pop up naturally anyway, as Wes likes to say, and I agree. Our efforts to speed the process up are kinda duds, but we're still trying.

What your team has accomplished in such a short time is very impressive! No question you have a very proactive and engaged team that makes things happen in real time...this will not go unnoticed and be the driving force for a much higher price in the near future IMO.
Thanks for you hard work and enjoy your day...
1Kb

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:25:08 AM

Contest announcement
Rewards: 5 x 200 EAC + 1 x 200 EAC
In the end 1 random entry will be chosen excluding the winners receiving also 200 EAC
When one of the EAC charity addresses is mentioned by a winner, I will donate an extra 200 EAC to the charity mentioned per winner.

Additional bonus,
For all sharing the contest via facebook and providing proof (on bitcointalk.org) that they posted the link, I will pay 20 EAC for every unique poster.

*update, the rewards have been doubled thanks to my graphic card. Hope you like it. And yes, these rewards will also count for those who have already posted.
Minerz

Activity: 120

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:10:30 PM

I love seeing the length of posts get longer when prices fall. Always happens.

So what is one thing we love about EAC?

I love it's reward cycle being based off the sun and earth, and think that should be permanent.

I hope price falls some,so i can buy cheap.
I like the logo.When i see it,i feel like hugging trees,recycling and saving a flying squirrel Smiley.Cycle is very nice thought,but like in 5x day,i got about same amount of coins than normally because of difficulty.

I like that dev team is really into this,thats the main reason i believe in this coin.Most devs just launch coin and wait for fans to get it to exchance,then dump it.I thinks its MOSTLY dev teams responsibility to get coin into exchance. Ofcourse it needs fans to support,but dev team should take care of its baby Smiley

Keep up the good work.
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:32:38 PM

The price must get lower. We want to buy low, sell high Cheesy It can't without a low price.
bonesoul

Activity: 389

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 01:00:43 PM

Quick Start

Start with registering on our pool & creating workers for your computers. You can use our automated config generator in our workers page and download pre-configured files for your mining software.

EU Stratum Server: stratum+tcp://eu.coinum.org:3335
US Stratum Server: stratum+tcp://us.coinum.org:3335

CGMiner Configuration

Here is sample CGMiner configurations with fail-over support. Given that the stratum server you use fails, your miner software will continue to work with out other stratum server.
Note: You have to change WORKER and PASS with your actual worker-name and worker-password values you get from workers page.

EU
Code:
./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://eu.coinium.org:3335 -u WORKER -p PASS --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://us.coinium.org:3335 -u WORKER -p PASS --scrypt -I 13

US
Code:
./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://us.coinium.org:3335 -u WORKER -p PASS --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://eu.coinium.org:3335 -u WORKER -p PASS --scrypt -I 13

Features

• Our network - We already operate first class & high performance pools, check our other pools over http://www.coinium.org
  • %0 fee - Our network have no fees! We just kindly ask you to donate if you like to.
  • Detailed Stats & Graphs - We do have now pretty graphs & stats for every single piece of information of our pools! - http://www.coinium.org/poolmanager/
  • Stratum servers - We have stratum servers in Europe and United States. Right now we have a total of 4 servers (2 stratum server, 1 webserver and 1 database server) and we are quickly upgrading & adding new servers to stack when we need to.
  • Fail-over config support - In case that the stratum server you use fails, your miner will just continue to mine with our secondary stratum server.
  • VARDIFF enabled - Our stratum servers will shift your work difficulty based on your hash-rate automatically.
  • DDOS Protected - Our servers are DDOS protected 7x24!
  • Automated backups - We get automated backups of our system.
  • Automatic payments - You can set automatic payments if you like to.
  • Fast confirmations - We are quickly processing your transactions once newly found blocks are confirmed.
  • Automatic config generator - Check our workers page to automatically download a generated configuration file for your workers with fail-over support!
  • Continous support - We are eager to help our users! You can ask for support in our forum topic.
  • IRC support - We have operators in our IRC channel and you can chit-chat about mining too.
  • Mobile friendly - We have mobile friendly user interface so you can check your miner's status from your mobile devices
  • Contests - We are regularly creating contests and giving bonus coins to our miners!

Stats & Graphs!

We do have now pretty graphs & stats for every single piece of information of our pools! - Check it out http://www.coinium.org/poolmanager/pool/Earthcoin/

KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:43:12 PM

EAC need a full time marketing expert!!!! Don't disappoint us any longer!!!
Smiley i hope they do that, will even help support it, am mining and buying EAC as much i can because i think eac is the only alt with real potential i see. But this month is just to soon, lets see whats happens 2-3 months from now. Better slow and steady than the quick manipulated booms
1Kb

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:48:29 PM

Contest announcement
Rewards: 5 x 200 EAC + 1 x 200 EAC
In the end 1 random entry will be chosen excluding the winners receiving also 200 EAC
When one of the EAC charity addresses is mentioned by a winner, I will donate an extra 200 EAC to the charity mentioned per winner.

Additional bonus,
For all sharing the contest via facebook and providing proof (on bitcointalk.org) that they posted the link, I will pay 20 EAC for every unique poster.

*update, the rewards have been doubled thanks to my graphic card. Hope you like it. And yes, these rewards will also count for those who have already posted.

A gentle reminder of this contest still running
sakkosekk

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:50:03 PM

EAC need a full time marketing expert!!!! Don't disappoint us any longer!!!
Smiley i hope they do that, will even help support it, am mining and buying EAC as much i can because i think eac is the only alt with real potential i see. But this month is just to soon, lets see whats happens 2-3 months from now. Better slow and steady than the quick manipulated booms

Couldn't agree more.
Getsuga

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:55:44 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 01:53:29 PM by Getsuga

Talk less, do more. Vote for earthcoin to be added on cryptothrift.com

If you have not voted yet, please do it now ! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428566.0

Cheers. Wink

ça t'en bouche un coin ? => BTC: 17Q3hmVpopHjqfMJojVAgyEr4k8CVDetAA EAC: eWdWSRVGwVtJvCujbAGYTPeMtygaur3JL1
MeGaDoOm

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:08:47 PM

While I agree with earthcoin for the most part, but I also think CoinPumper has a point here.
However, no one has a Crystal Ball. But I agree that usual economics (Long Term) hardly apply to the highly volatile Coin scene.
Just my 2 pennies worth.

▄▄
  ▐████▌
  ██████
  ▐████▌
    ▀▀
█▄  ▐▌  ▄█
██  ▐▌  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██▄ ██ ▄██
 ▀▀████▀▀
   ▐██▌
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ████
   ████

|
                         ▄▄
                    ▄▄██████
               ▄▄███████████
          ▄▄████████████████
     ▄▄█████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████▀▀
█████████████████████ ▄▄███████████
████████████████████ ▐█▀  ▀████████
████████████████████ ▐█▄  ▄████████
█████████████████████ ▀▀███████████
██████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████████▀

|

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    █                █
    █  █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
    █                █
    █ ▄████████████▄
    █ ██████████████
    █ ██████████████
    █ ▀████████████▀
    █                █
    █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▀▀▄ █
    █ █    █  █    █ █
    █  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  █
    █                █
     █              █
      █            █
       █          █
        █        █
         ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
           ▀██▀
            ▐▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: