Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 05:09:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840288 times)
minerman1234

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:47:16 PM

So it's untrue that you're working on the same block until you find it since you need the name of the last found block header to get a valid new block to add to the chain.

Thats why if somemone solve it before you, you get an orphan...

Minor correction, orphans occur when a block is solved almost simultaneously and submitted between two miners.  The next block solved AFTER the simultaneous submission determines which block gets orphaned.

BTC: 1BZMMREG6ctsJx7donADBis9jXxrGiR3iU
EAC: eWNxJUy3TMx6qvK4HR9WM6stNjaVtASJcX
minerman1234

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:48:05 PM

This is what I was going to ask.  There's bound to be a block that increases your variance.  As I've been saying, average payout is a function of time, and block resolution is all about luck.  If you're still ahead of the pool payouts though, this should be a particularly concerning issue.

I've been charting my payouts, and as I've said, the difference between pool mining and solo mining is light and day:

I switched to solo mining on the 13th.  The longest gap between block found that I've dealt with was 8.5 hours on the 13th, and I still came out way ahead.  It might be helpful to write down some numbers to see how ahead you are.

what is your Mh/s?

5.8 MH/s

mrchisholm

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:48:59 PM

Where does the solo mining block information get stored on your computer? I mean the actual information that will solve in the end the block. In the .bat file or the wallet? Does rebooting the rigs do any harm?

Thanks for the interesting link.

i've been googling for a couple of hours trying to find out how mining actually works .. i think this explains it in the simplest way ...

Mining is a way of generating new blocks. The aim is to pick a random string, called a nonce, to solve this problem:
Hash( previous block header + transactions + nonce ) = 0
Hash() is a simpleish formula that turns a block of text into a summary string. The key thing is that slightly different blocks of text give very different hashes.
The tricky part is figuring out what the nonce is. The only way to do it is to keep on trying different strings until you get one such that the result of the equation is 0.
Actually it's very hard to get to 0 so we agree that it just needs to be close to 0. How close exactly? Well this is what people refer to as 'difficulty' and get's adjusted over time depending on how many people are mining so that this equation is solved globally roughly once every 10 minutes.¨

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/16lggw/what_is_mining_actually_doing/

basiclly whenever a new block is found cgminer takes that header + transactions (if any) and inputs random text and throws it in the scrypt algo and if it produces the right answer you will have found a new block. ( and as i understand it, diffuclty determins how close you need to be to the correct answer for it to be valid)
So it's untrue that you're working on the same block until you find it since you need the name of the last found block header to get a valid new block to add to the chain.

Hopefully i typed it out so it's understandable, i'm still trying to get around it all myself  Cheesy

But all in all, you'll turn on ur miner and play the probability game until u find a block then u start over gain.

That means you are not working hours on solving one block, but you restart each time someone (once every minute or so) submits a block. That is why the added failover-only pools help you stay ahead of the game as you will be informed immediately a block is found. Right?

the faster you get the information about the new block header the more time you get to solve the new block yeah, every little bit help but i assume it's a few ms advantage at best, over a course of avg of a minute it's not a big difference but i don't see any negatives with adding more failovers.
mrchisholm

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:51:39 PM

it does surprise me that you have similar payout to me the last days before you switched from poolerino and i have only 3.5Mh/s  Huh
minerman1234

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:52:28 PM

Where does the solo mining block information get stored on your computer? I mean the actual information that will solve in the end the block. In the .bat file or the wallet? Does rebooting the rigs do any harm?

Thanks for the interesting link.

i've been googling for a couple of hours trying to find out how mining actually works .. i think this explains it in the simplest way ...

Mining is a way of generating new blocks. The aim is to pick a random string, called a nonce, to solve this problem:
Hash( previous block header + transactions + nonce ) = 0
Hash() is a simpleish formula that turns a block of text into a summary string. The key thing is that slightly different blocks of text give very different hashes.
The tricky part is figuring out what the nonce is. The only way to do it is to keep on trying different strings until you get one such that the result of the equation is 0.
Actually it's very hard to get to 0 so we agree that it just needs to be close to 0. How close exactly? Well this is what people refer to as 'difficulty' and get's adjusted over time depending on how many people are mining so that this equation is solved globally roughly once every 10 minutes.¨

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/16lggw/what_is_mining_actually_doing/

basiclly whenever a new block is found cgminer takes that header + transactions (if any) and inputs random text and throws it in the scrypt algo and if it produces the right answer you will have found a new block. ( and as i understand it, diffuclty determins how close you need to be to the correct answer for it to be valid)

Hopefully i typed it out so it's understandable, i'm still trying to get around it all myself  Cheesy

But all in all, you'll turn on ur miner and play the probability game until u find a block then u start over gain.

That means you are not working hours on solving one block, but you restart each time someone (once every minute or so) submits a block. That is why the added failover-only pools help you stay ahead of the game as you will be informed immediately a block is found. Right?

the faster you get the information about the new block header the more time you get to solve the new block yeah, every little bit help but i assume it's a few ms advantage at best, over a course of av of a minute it's not a big difference but i don't see any negatives with adding more failovers.

I currently have two failover pools and I find that sufficient.  But if you have none, you're not doing yourself any favors, even having one makes a difference.  Also, in a world where hundreds of hashes are piped through your processor by the second, I would think a few ms can make quite a difference.

minerman1234

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:56:50 PM

it does surprise me that you have similar payout to me the last days before you switched from poolerino and i have only 3.5Mh/s  Huh

This is why I was so baffled by my payout.  I had an extremely low reject rate compared to any pool that I went to, my calculations always told me I should've been netting AT LEAST 50-60% more on average, but I would still only net about 32k EAC a day on average from pool mining.  It was mind boggling, and day after day I couldn't figure it out, I've even had discussions about hash rate variance and the like in other forums.  So when bumblebee suggested solo mining, I thought what the hell, I've tried everything else.

Which reminds me, bumblebee, could you post an EAC address?  I'd like to send you a little something for the open suggestion, as well as all the help you've been offering.

bumblebee33

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:11:07 PM

it does surprise me that you have similar payout to me the last days before you switched from poolerino and i have only 3.5Mh/s  Huh

This is why I was so baffled by my payout.  I had an extremely low reject rate compared to any pool that I went to, my calculations always told me I should've been netting AT LEAST 50-60% more on average, but I would still only net about 32k EAC a day on average from pool mining.  It was mind boggling, and day after day I couldn't figure it out, I've even had discussions about hash rate variance and the like in other forums.  So when bumblebee suggested solo mining, I thought what the hell, I've tried everything else.

Which reminds me, bumblebee, could you post an EAC address?  I'd like to send you a little something for the open suggestion, as well as all the help you've been offering.

I really like it when we all work together, learn something new along the way - and improve our EAC earnings. That is enough to give me satisfaction and brings a smile to my face & heart.  Smiley
TwentyGotoTen

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:50:18 PM

Can we just give Max Keiser a few million EAC to promote it on RT? Wtf, maxcoin in a few days has market cap of $5.3mil, the guy can obviously get people excited about cryptos. How long has eac been out now and just under a $1mil? That's good, but not big enough to be a contender long term with the top cryptos. You got to spend money to make it, right? Let's get to spending that premine and this coin will grow so much we can feed a million cats, dogs, kids, elephants, whatever? Am I right?  Cool
SteveoMB

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:30:17 PM

Can we just give Max Keiser a few million EAC to promote it on RT? Wtf, maxcoin in a few days has market cap of $5.3mil, the guy can obviously get people excited about cryptos. How long has eac been out now and just under a $1mil? That's good, but not big enough to be a contender long term with the top cryptos. You got to spend money to make it, right? Let's get to spending that premine and this coin will grow so much we can feed a million cats, dogs, kids, elephants, whatever? Am I right?  Cool

plz don't. max keiser is more like a parasite to cryptocurrency. for me he's not a saviour or whatever. and look at maxcoin now... down down down.

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:28:13 AM

Hello all - just doing an intro.  Just started mining EAC for first time today/tonight and will stick with it.  Seems like a great coin, has its marketing/site together well and overall cause and professionalism for the most part compared to some other coins out there.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
minerman1234

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:38:26 AM

Hello all - just doing an intro.  Just started mining EAC for first time today/tonight and will stick with it.  Seems like a great coin, has its marketing/site together well and overall cause and professionalism for the most part compared to some other coins out there.

Welcome to the community!

centurion76

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:16:59 AM

Earthcointalk has added an SSL certificate. https://earthcointalk.org.

---> https://earthazaar.com <---      ---> https://darkbids.com <---     ---> http://bitlows.com <---
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:29:56 AM

Earthcointalk has added an SSL certificate. https://earthcointalk.org.

The site also seems to be faster.
Sugarfloodwave

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:20:33 AM

15 Hours solomining - Nothing with 420 kh/s

My problem is that i dont know if its working ... i mean i dont get any feedback from cgminer. Only that new blocks have been found, on which block i am the diff and some best share stat (i dont know what that means). On pools i can see my shares counting up and i know it is working but with solo i dont know if everything is correct. Maybe i just wasted 15 hours.

Sugarfloodwave

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:31:41 AM

My problem is that i dont know if its working ... i mean i dont get any feedback from cgminer. Only that new blocks have been found, on which block i am the diff and some best share stat (i dont know what that means). On pools i can see my shares counting up and i know it is working but with solo i dont know if everything is correct. Maybe i just wasted 15 hours.

Sounds like everything is working as i should, your best share is just a number showing how close you came to solving a block.
The longer i keep cgminer working, the higher this number gets. If you hit a block you can expect a value higher than 1M
Your accepted shares, next to your GPU, will also show a high number after that but they will stay on 0 as long as no block is found.

Ok so best share 650818 is ok? New Blocks 592 - found 0 so no accepted shares
bumblebee33

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:21:11 PM

Sounds like everything is working as i should, your best share is just a number showing how close you came to solving a block.
The longer i keep cgminer working, the higher this number gets. If you hit a block you can expect a value higher than 1M
Your accepted shares, next to your GPU, will also show a high number after that but they will stay on 0 as long as no block is found.

Ok so best share 650818 is ok? New Blocks 592 - found 0 so no accepted shares

Sometimes it just takes longer. Some people reported success with 300 KH/s. I have 5.5 MH/s and found 4 blocks in the last 18 hours.
You can calculate how long it would take you with the current difficulty.

I used a mining calculator for your hashspeed:

420 KH/s - Days to generate one block mining solo: 2.77 Day(s) (can vary greatly depending on your luck)
Sugarfloodwave

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:44:30 PM

Thanks a lot Smiley
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4914

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:22:05 PM

I want to share some other discovery I made today:

In the last few days I was playing around with several other settings like --queue --expiry and --scan-time. And the more time passed, the less blocks my miners picked up. I tried all kinds of things to get it working again like resetting router, restarting rigs, ... I was about to give up when it occurred to me that the part of these settings might still have been stored and corrupted my mining settings. Then I remembered something you do when testing out new settings, to delete the "scrypt130511Tahitiglg2tc8192w256l4.bin" file in the cgminer folder.

No more than 10 minutes passed after deleting this file and my miners found already the first block again.

To make a long story short - if you play around with several settings and experience bad luck, try deleting this file - as this will reset and rebuild your proper mining settings.

Also, another tip:

If you add at least 2 --fallover-only -o stratum+tcp://pool.com:xxxx -u user -p password backup pools to your .bat file, you will increase your chances of finding a block while solo mining, as you will use the stratum's servers data to update your miner when a block gets found, so you are always working on the latest block. (And thus avoiding orphaned blocks.)

For anyone doing this just a FYI there is no setting fallover-only, it is failover-only. Also deleting your bin will not change anything to do with the block you are working on it is nothing more than the method the miner uses to hash on your hardware with your settings, compiled.

If your card is acting weird though you can always delete the bin file and cgminer will re-compile it on the next start.

Wasted another 10 hours with nothing last night. Thats 40 hours total with nothing at 1Mh/s I feel like I've been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Cheesy 

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
bumblebee33

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:14:17 PM

In the last few days I was playing around with several other settings like --queue --expiry and --scan-time. And the more time passed, the less blocks my miners picked up. I tried all kinds of things to get it working again like resetting router, restarting rigs, ... I was about to give up when it occurred to me that the part of these settings might still have been stored and corrupted my mining settings. Then I remembered something you do when testing out new settings, to delete the "scrypt130511Tahitiglg2tc8192w256l4.bin" file in the cgminer folder.

No more than 10 minutes passed after deleting this file and my miners found already the first block again.

To make a long story short - if you play around with several settings and experience bad luck, try deleting this file - as this will reset and rebuild your proper mining settings.

Also, another tip:

If you add at least 2 --fallover-only -o stratum+tcp://pool.com:xxxx -u user -p password backup pools to your .bat file, you will increase your chances of finding a block while solo mining, as you will use the stratum's servers data to update your miner when a block gets found, so you are always working on the latest block. (And thus avoiding orphaned blocks.)

For anyone doing this just a FYI there is no setting fallover-only, it is failover-only. Also deleting your bin will not change anything to do with the block you are working on it is nothing more than the method the miner uses to hash on your hardware with your settings, compiled.

If your card is acting weird though you can always delete the bin file and cgminer will re-compile it on the next start.

Wasted another 10 hours with nothing last night. Thats 40 hours total with nothing at 1Mh/s I feel like I've been.

Cheesy 

Yes, it was a spelling mistake, --failover-only - good that you spotted it.

I stated why I deleted the .bin file, because I was playing around with miner settings, not to delete anything related to the block itself.

You can check your chances of solving a block at the current difficulty with the mining calculator:

http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/earthcoin-mining-calculator

By the way for your speed you should have solved it in 0.93 days - so less than a day. But sadly a great deal of luck is involved in it as well.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4914

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:28:37 PM

Also, another tip:

Cheesy 

Yes, it was a spelling mistake, --failover-only - good that you spotted it.

I stated why I deleted the .bin file, because I was playing around with miner settings, not to delete anything related to the block itself.

You can check your chances of solving a block at the current difficulty with the mining calculator:

http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/earthcoin-mining-calculator

By the way for your speed you should have solved it in 0.93 days - so less than a day. But sadly a great deal of luck is involved in it as well.

Another 5 1/2 hours with nothing. Sad

Still can't get other 450kh/s system to connect. I'm assuming If I run the wallet on the other system it will work on a different block?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: