Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:29:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tax Collector to Accept Bitcoin  (Read 1140 times)
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:57:47 AM

i am not sure how things work in US but from what i read they are a government agency anyways and they are accepting bitcoin as payment. this means they are seeing bitcoin as a currency and this is happening while their country considers bitcoin as a commodity!
is this the start of a change towards accepting bitcoin for what it really is?

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
luisowens

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:44:34 AM

That's a great news. Bitcoin is now also being used by the central government. The transaction system is both time saver and secured.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4155

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 10:27:05 AM

Florida Tax Collector to Accept Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash Payments

A Florida county tax collector has partnered with bitcoin payments processor BitPay to accept cryptocurrency for a variety of services.

Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg said in a statement Monday that his office will take bitcoin and bitcoin cash for payments associated with driver licenses and ID cards, automobile tags and titles and property tax.

The office decided to accept the cryptocurrencies in an effort to streamline fee collection, reduce the potential for fraud and identity theft and increase the transparency and accuracy of payments. Greenberg's office added that it does not perceive any "price volatility or risk to the County" in accepting the cryptocurrencies.

credits: https://www.coindesk.com/florida-tax-collector-accept-bitcoin-bitcoin-cash-payments/

This is a welcome development. The more adoption the bigger the publicity of bitcoin. This is just a step towards greater adoptions, when other firms jump into the idea then competitions comes in. I'm sure others won't wanna miss the train.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bomakot22

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:37:14 AM

this is an interesting move, although i don't see why they would bother with accepting btc?
they are just making more work for themselves  Huh
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:45:11 AM

First Switzerland and now Florida and in the coming times it will be the rest of the world. Bitcoin is slowly gaining mass adoption and going mainstream with NYSE launch, etc. Its a really good thing to see that bitcoin is being accepted by so many people and institutions all around the world.

erep

Activity: 2282
Merit: 590

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:02:52 AM

I read this news today and this is a great step towards using bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies as a medium of use. I guess other countries will try to know more about cryptocurrencies now.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
johnethearn

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:20:32 PM

It is good news in this week. By adopting this I believe trader will feel it easy and number of trader might increase. Following this, I hope, tax collector will accept other altcoins also in coming days
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:39:09 PM

Seminole County is the first government agency to use BitPay to process services, and representatives for the company said they believe it is the first government agency in the US to accept cryptocurrencies.

While bitcoin has garnered significant attention over the past year, it's widely believed to be too costly and impractical to use for small payments. The cost of individual bitcoin payments skyrocketed in December at the height of the cryptocurrency's price and popularity, and BitPay itself even temporarily banned bitcoin purchases under $100 as fees on the network hit a high of $37 per transaction.

The first government agency to accept bitcoin for their services as well as tax was not Seminole County in Florida but the Municipality of CHiasso in Switzerland. The Municipality of Chiasso became famous in 2017 for accepting bitcoins and this year Seminole County have become the hot topic due to its move to accept bitcoin. Hope their will be more countries around the world that will follow their footsteps.
Name: Claudio

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:44:52 PM

Nice to hear that!!! But in our country they are not yet accepting Bitcoin when you pay tax since they don't' have auto calculator to calculate your tax base  on the Bitcoin price during the day you want to pay and it a hassle so they preferred cash as usual.
elncrow

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 01:06:15 PM

This is great! This is how the government is actually adopting bitcoin gradually. This gives me a hope that one day every goernment will accept bitcoin and it'll become legal in every countries.
fipper

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:27:30 PM

A Florida county tax collector has partnered with bitcoin payments processor BitPay to accept cryptocurrency for a variety of services.

Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg said in a statement Monday that his office will take bitcoin and bitcoin cash for payments associated with driver licenses and ID cards, automobile tags and titles and property tax.

The office decided to accept the cryptocurrencies in an effort to streamline fee collection, reduce the potential for fraud and identity theft and increase the transparency and accuracy of payments. Greenberg's office added that it does not perceive any "price volatility or risk to the County" in accepting the cryptocurrencies.

credits: https://www.coindesk.com/florida-tax-collector-accept-bitcoin-bitcoin-cash-payments/
really lucky investors who live in the country, would be more practical and easy in transactions, the government in my country still prohibits bitcoin for payments and transactions directly
cryptovally01

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:22:33 PM

Now the government is understanding the essence of the bitcoin. It is already proved that bitcoin has the strongest and the safest network. This is the first government agency that will use bitcoin for their crucial activities like payment of salary and collection of the tax. The interesting part is that the agency will use bitcoin for reducing the potential fraud and identity threat and for transparency issues. So we can say that bitcoin is helping the government. That’s really good news.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:54:44 PM

It is great to see tax collector accepting Bitcoin, which indirectly imply the government is supportive of crypto. Cool.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

FiguerFixZ

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:16:19 PM

it's a good way for some start-up
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:32:39 PM

This is a big step for the cryptocurrency market, as all government places are shy but if one were to step into it I’m sure many would follow. However, I do believe this is risky for them due to the instability of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, but it will defiantly get the name out for the currencies.

This is a great step forward and I’m looking to see what other governments have to come.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 04:26:54 PM

That's a great news! Even in India, when we use to exchange services to buy or sell crypto we pay some tax on the transaction fee and it is automatically deducted from the amount so indirectly users are paying the tax in crypto but I am sure that exchanges are converting it in fiat and further paying taxes in fiat currency as our central government is not happy with cryptocurrencies and they want to eliminate the domestic use of cryptocurrencies.
israfil

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:46:49 AM

Yes, many of these people are good because they were able to study their continuity in order to ensure the best method for us, even when the government accepted Bitcoin. This Bitcoins and said a lot about his future in society, it's probably on his way to glory.
We hope that the crypto world will be widely used here in our country and the government will accept it.
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:55:29 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2018, 11:19:17 AM by vlad230

Why did you expect for tax collection to happen later than being used when purchasing things? I think taxation of a currency or acceptance of a currency in paying tax is the starting point of it being used in payments more.
I have some years under my belt and I know how governments work. Usually, the government is the last to implement new technologies and train their staff on how to use it.

Other than that, governments are the ones who control banks (seems the other way around sometimes though) and there is a blockade going on right now with all of the bans on exchanges or banks that try to avoid working with exchanges. I'm sure you already heard about this though.
Sakash

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:09:48 PM

Taxes are accepted by the government. Accepting tax from bitcoin, Bitcoin will gain the trust of all. Bitcoin online transactions will be acceptable to everyone. If it falls below $ 100 then it will be worth the loss.
Sherlyn113

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:45:20 PM

Bitcoin has its own taxes for its current development, provided that Bitcoin is accepted in developing countries nowadays must have a tax rate for the participants.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: