Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:12:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [UTC] University of Texas Coin - a coin for students  (Read 17767 times)
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:53:22 PM

lol
procrypto

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Shitcoin Maximalist

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:57:55 PM

Is this thread funny on purpose? Parody? Satire?
pasikisu

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:13:24 PM

I am not a computer person And everyone keeps explaining mining like I know what this shit is
Well, you just launched ("launched") a coin. It's kind of expected.

I see a great future in this coin.
gorgorom

Activity: 238

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 01:28:45 PM

30 UTC per block

server=1
rpcuser=some.rpc.name
rpcpassword=some.rpc.password
gen=1
addnode=222.165.72.96

I do not fully understand coins yet So this is mainly a test but will not be dropped at any time It will only get better
I couldn't figure out how to get files on Github so I had to put the Zip on FileDropper.com

http://www.filedropper.com/utzip

There is no pool yet as far as I am aware But someone did mine a small amount to make sure the coin worked I will get those coins from him soon and give them away for free

If you are so incompetent that you can't even put files on github, then you have no business running any type of code.

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
xrturbs

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:44:10 PM

Can someone please pretend you are explaining this shit to your grandparents so I can understand

I am not a computer person And everyone keeps explaining mining like I know what this shit is

Ya best option is to make a mold for your coin, then melt down some lead pour it in and make some necklaces.
gorgorom

Activity: 238

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 03:17:03 PM

Can someone please pretend you are explaining this shit to your grandparents so I can understand

Ya best option is to make a mold for your coin, then melt down some lead pour it in and make some necklaces.

This is the biggest fail since nuggets LOL

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
andrewboy44

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:27:52 PM

30 UTC per block

server=1
rpcuser=some.rpc.name
gen=1
addnode=222.165.72.96

I do not fully understand coins yet So this is mainly a test but will not be dropped at any time It will only get better
I couldn't figure out how to get files on Github so I had to put the Zip on FileDropper.com

There is no pool yet as far as I am aware But someone did mine a small amount to make sure the coin worked I will get those coins from him soon and give them away for free

I made this coin in about 2 hours just bc he wanted a utc coin for his college. This was clearly just a sample. You weren't suppose to release this and I even told you that I was going to make you a new one, but I needed the specs. This is a junk coin... You shouldn't have released this man. I wouldn't advise anyone mine this, wait until the final coin comes.

For those asking the rpc port for solo mining is 2014
Defport is 2013
And there are no nodes bc he didn't give me two ips that would constantly run the wallet. Like I said, I advise nobody mine this coin, it was never meant to be released, it was clearly a sample
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 03:32:15 PM

Rename to "Failcoin" maybe?

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:32:50 PM

You also claimed that you had college friends that were going to work with you on this "project" and help... You lied... You basically took my unfinished version of the coin and released it... That's not a proper way to ever ever release a coin. Plus of you planed on releasing it you should have set up a vps as a node so people wouldn't have these problems connecting. You have created a mess
andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:33:04 PM

Rename to "Failcoin" maybe?
indeed
andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:46:34 PM

Since everyone is going insane I will explain exactly what's going on. This coin was never meant to be released. I made it as a sample for him and told him to look at it then send me the specs and I would make the final coin. I wake up today and now see that he has released this junk coin... I told him that in order for this to be released you must have at least one node that will run the wallet 24/7 until this coin gets a lot of users. Nobody will be able to mine this unless they get a node from another user. After I sent the coin to him I then realized this kid had no knowledge of computers at all. I called him out on it and he them said he was planning on paying someone to run the coin for him and take care of it. He also told me his college friends were going to help him work on this. I was in such a rush that I even forgot to rename the appdata folder. That's why is says abccoin in the appdata folder. But for ose that still want to mine this SHIT coin  Cheesy

You have to go to the start menu then the search bar and type in %appdata%
Then find he abccoin folder an open it
Then make a conf file with an addnodes. Since there is obviously no vps running the wallet 24/7 you need to get nodes from other users of the coin. You do this by getting their IP address. They must be running the wallet otherwise they are technically not a node.

I strongly advise y'all mark this as a fail coin and move on. He shouldn't have released a unstable coin out to the community. I made the coin in a rush to show him a general look of the wallet qt and such. He took matters into his own hand and released junk.
damnation

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 03:55:13 PM

Will someone fucking help me

This is just my test coin I am making coins that will get much more popular than this I just need to learn how to fucking do this shit

Please help me so we can go somewhere with this instead of just being another shit coin without purpose

Anyone else finds it a wee bit distressing that he used the plural "COINS"..

Though i have to admit... i've been taking mining a little to serious lately.. so its nice to have a lighter side.. and i've been laughing since i saw his previous thread...

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:00:33 PM

Ha he wasn't suppose to launch this.. he is an idiot...
okimzti

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:05:01 PM

what the f*&k is this trash?  Can this thread be closed and hidden from the world?

Good luck with this crap coin
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:05:23 PM

Can everyone please type what they typed in the console to get mining to start working Because my display is messed up so I want to make sure I typed in the right thing because I just have to trust that it's working

setgenerate true

in the debug window console

That doesn't do anything on my computer I did that last night on 2 different laptops and this morning my wallets are still empty

I can't even get one of them to sync still

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:08:32 PM

I wasn't planning on the coin getting so popular so soon

I thought I was going to be recruiting noobs to mine a coin with me And again I thought that "setting up a node" just meant that 2 people had to have the wallet downloaded

I just expected this to go a lot slower and work a little differently

It does have a bright future though

gielbier

Activity: 914

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:08:52 PM

To be fair. This is a great example of how coin creation, and stimulation can be done. But only for educational purposes. (Allmost no coin value). As an educative coin. No value, just the basic format. It could be used for service creation, and just messing with de json-rpc vs client, without risk, just for students interrested in crypto. Playground-Coin.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:18:24 PM

30 UTC per block

server=1
rpcuser=some.rpc.name
gen=1
addnode=222.165.72.96

I made this coin in about 2 hours just bc he wanted a utc coin for his college. This was clearly just a sample. You weren't suppose to release this and I even told you that I was going to make you a new one, but I needed the specs. This is a junk coin... You shouldn't have released this man. I wouldn't advise anyone mine this, wait until the final coin comes.

Defport is 2013
And there are no nodes bc he didn't give me two ips that would constantly run the wallet. Like I said, I advise nobody mine this coin, it was never meant to be released, it was clearly a sample

I never said it was anything but a sample I was just trying to get help because I could not get in contact with you Then people just started doing their own things without me

I thought that when you said that we had to have 2 PCs running it that it just meant that someone had to download it besides me So I posted it hoping someone would download it so I could sync

I did not expect people to enjoy it so much

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:24:22 PM

You also claimed that you had college friends that were going to work with you on this "project" and help... You lied... You basically took my unfinished version of the coin and released it... That's not a proper way to ever ever release a coin. Plus of you planed on releasing it you should have set up a vps as a node so people wouldn't have these problems connecting. You have created a mess

I did not lie You just don't listen

I already told you over and over that I am just trying to getting this coin made
After Christmas break I know someone with Linux that will actually be running the coin

Just because I had to post publicly to try to get help today does not mean I won't have person2person help in the future

I never planned on releasing it

You guys keep using the word "release" Sure I released the wallet But then I asked for help I didn't pretend that this was professional or complete

andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:29:12 PM

30 UTC per block

server=1
rpcuser=some.rpc.name
gen=1
addnode=222.165.72.96

Defport is 2013

I never said it was anything but a sample I was just trying to get help because I could not get in contact with you Then people just started doing their own things without me

I thought that when you said that we had to have 2 PCs running it that it just meant that someone had to download it besides me So I posted it hoping someone would download it so I could sync

I did not expect people to enjoy it so much

I would contact the forum moderator and ask him to delete it. I don't mind helping you bc I honestly like the idea, but you can't rush stuff dude... I can help you set up a vps so that it will run your wallet 24/7 and that can be a addnode so miners wont have problems. The coin has a future or should I say the idea has a future lol. Get the post deleted and we will go from there. You can expect me to be able to help you 24/7. Its the holidays and I have other things on my plate. And its not like im getting paid for it.. I'm doing all this for free
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: