Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:07:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [UTC] University of Texas Coin - a coin for students  (Read 17767 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:45:35 PM

Thank you. I even was working with him for free. I like the concept. You can expect me to make a complete coin in 3 days or less... He wasnt happy with a few things with this coin so I said send me the specific specs you want and I will make you a new coin for .15 btc. This was only meant to be an example and if you look at his first thread I said I simply made the coin for the fun of it but was willing to give it to him. Nothing is wrong with the coin, your problem is you have no nodes. I'm not going to run the wallet and become a node... its not my coin. He has a good idea and can really be something but rushing the process doesn't help as you can see.

I will become a node when I can
I seriously believed that when you said we needed 2 PCs running it that all it would take is 2 people downloading it I thought posting the wallet was how to make the coin work

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:47:49 PM

Once I get the mini PC I just have to download the wallet then get my IP and enter it on my other computer in the console right?

andrewboy44

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:50:47 PM

Once I get the mini PC I just have to download the wallet then get my IP and enter it on my other computer in the console right?
yes. You need to have the pc running the wallet 24/7 and then get the ip and make it a node. Honestly the best thing is a vps. You pay a monthly fee but will always have a node that works.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:53:22 PM

yes. You need to have the pc running the wallet 24/7 and then get the ip and make it a node. Honestly the best thing is a vps. You pay a monthly fee but will always have a node that works.

I do not have money to do something like that right now and I really just want to learn how to do this on a small scale so I can get my own servers

My mind is full of coin ideas that will change everything But I have to learn how to make them

I'm not a tech person I just have to figure out tech stuff right now

damnation

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 05:54:21 PM

Valid but you don't send a child straight to college.. you make sure he understands that 1+1 =2, before you graduate him to 2+2=4.

You basically just sent the kid straight to calculus. Figure out C++ first and then get some help on Linux.

The community was helpful enough to get UTC mineable. But your statement about launching "another" coin tomorrow is what makes the entire situation funny.

Good Luck Andrew on getting a coin ready tomorrow. Tongue

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:56:57 PM

I do not have money to do something like that right now and I really just want to learn how to do this on a small scale so I can get my own servers

My mind is full of coin ideas that will change everything But I have to learn how to make them

Well you're asking for the wrong thing then ha... you need to have someone teach you, not just make you a coin.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:57:21 PM

You basically just sent the kid straight to calculus. Figure out C++ first and then get some help on Linux.

See that's the problem I have people that understand Linux and C++ that I need to get this started for Because they don't understand coins as well as I do So we are in quite the conundrum

I am not a tech person but I am closest to coins and they don't know much about coins but they can handle it all when I get it started

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:59:56 PM

Well you're asking for the wrong thing then ha... you need to have someone teach you, not just make you a coin.

I thought once the coin was made that I could access the code and stuff I do not understand any of this
And the way people talk about mining difficulty This seemed like the best way to learn how to mine

But I suppose you are right I asked for the wrong thing

andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:01:42 PM

Valid but you don't send a child straight to college.. you make sure he understands that 1+1 =2, before you graduate him to 2+2=4.

The community was helpful enough to get UTC mineable. But your statement about launching "another" coin tomorrow is what makes the entire situation funny.

Hey I simply just made the coin and the wallet qt! I did my part.. I volunteered for that ha. I told him it needed  a node but other than that it was fine. He told me he wanted a few things changed so i said for .15 btc Ill make you a new coin with the specs you want. He never told me he wanted to LEARN how to make a coin... and he never posted that in the original thread. He said he wanted a coin made. I had spare time, saw the post and made the coin for him for FREE. I left my computer up as a node for one hour and told him that in an hour I would be taking my nodes down. I helped tremendously in my opinion.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:02:14 PM

My job is just to get a coin made so that people see that we can make a coin Because they all think it is esoteric
Then I will get people mining when the coin is up because I know tons of people that want to mine a new coin
Then I will start making apps, logos, etc for the coin that is the kind if stuff I do

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:03:27 PM

I helped tremendously in my opinion.

I have the same opinion
I just have to figure it all out now

damnation

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 06:06:30 PM

Dont get me wrong i'm not blaming/flaming you.

But i am curious enough to ask what exactly you mean when you say your closest to coins. It doesnt look like you've done any mining as you stated a lot of times for people to answer like they were talking to their grandparents. So i am curious as to what exactly it is that puts you in cryptocurrency territory.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:11:44 PM

Dont get me wrong i'm not blaming/flaming you.

But i am curious enough to ask what exactly you mean when you say your closest to coins. It doesnt look like you've done any mining as you stated a lot of times for people to answer like they were talking to their grandparents. So i am curious as to what exactly it is that puts you in cryptocurrency territory.

I have been trading coins for a semester now and was into forex before I ever learned about coins The people I am talking to are app makers and code monkeys But they think that making your own coin is something that is too hard for them because they don't take the time to look into it Which is why I am now getting my own mini PC and stuff
And because I already trade currencies Bitcoin came up a lot over the past few years and I have been watching it longer than I have been trading it

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:18:14 PM

Please kill your failcoin. Warm Regards,

-Management

Lol It's not a failcoin It hasn't even started

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:26:20 PM

How do I go about retrieving my "Outside IP" once I get back home??

oncebitcoinedtwiceshy

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:33:12 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=my+ip+address
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:39:17 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=my+ip+address

So is an Outside IP the same as an IP?

andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:43:20 PM

for a node you need your external ip address. any of those find my ip things will work fine. But it needs to he hard coded into the source code for the cion to make everything work smooth. If you want to use someone as a addnode then you go to the coin in the appdata folder and list it as a node (you need the ip address that says ipv4.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:49:45 PM

for a node you need your external ip address. any of those find my ip things will work fine. But it needs to he hard coded into the source code for the cion to make everything work smooth. If you want to use someone as a addnode then you go to the coin in the appdata folder and list it as a node (you need the ip address that says ipv4.

App data folder? Is that something you gave me? I don't see anything called that What would it be called? All of them are dll also which I don't seem to be able to open They are just part of the wallet

andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:27:22 PM

App data folder? Is that something you gave me? I don't see anything called that What would it be called? All of them are dll also which I don't seem to be able to open They are just part of the wallet
Noooooo it automatically comes when u run the wallet... Go to your start browser in the bottom left corner, hit the search bar and type in %appdata%

Then hit the folder called Abccoin

Then go to notepad and type in addnode=(whatever the ip is)

Then save it to your dekstop as abccoin.conf

Then go back to the abccoin folder in the appdata section and copy&paste the abccoin.conf file I to there. This tells the wallet the ports, addnodes, server, etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: