Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:43:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [UTC] University of Texas Coin - a coin for students  (Read 17767 times)
andrewboy44

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:30:25 PM

You also claimed that you had college friends that were going to work with you on this "project" and help... You lied... You basically took my unfinished version of the coin and released it... That's not a proper way to ever ever release a coin. Plus of you planed on releasing it you should have set up a vps as a node so people wouldn't have these problems connecting. You have created a mess

I did not lie You just don't listen

I already told you over and over that I am just trying to getting this coin made
After Christmas break I know someone with Linux that will actually be running the coin

Just because I had to post publicly to try to get help today does not mean I won't have person2person help in the future

I never planned on releasing it

You guys keep using the word "release" Sure I released the wallet But then I asked for help I didn't pretend that this was professional or complete

haha I dont listen? okay mate, I'm done lol.. find someone else to complete your project, hopefully they will have the patience for you!
roastbeef

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:33:55 PM

This thread is amazing.

https://chunkypools.com - POT | WC | DOGE | MUN | RPC | DEF | DGB | KDC | RUBY | POT | STP | SPN | PCN

1% PROP - SSL - custom MPOS - profit-switching port - single-sign on - great IRC community - scalable architecture - no downtime
andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:34:28 PM

This thread is amazing.
Its like something you would see in a movie lol!
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:49:55 PM

You also claimed that you had college friends that were going to work with you on this "project" and help... You lied... You basically took my unfinished version of the coin and released it... That's not a proper way to ever ever release a coin. Plus of you planed on releasing it you should have set up a vps as a node so people wouldn't have these problems connecting. You have created a mess

I did not lie You just don't listen

I already told you over and over that I am just trying to getting this coin made
After Christmas break I know someone with Linux that will actually be running the coin

Just because I had to post publicly to try to get help today does not mean I won't have person2person help in the future

I never planned on releasing it

You guys keep using the word "release" Sure I released the wallet But then I asked for help I didn't pretend that this was professional or complete

haha I dont listen? okay mate, I'm done lol.. find someone else to complete your project, hopefully they will have the patience for you!

The patience for me? You're the one that tells me that it's not worth starting the coin over unless the coin "becomes something" then when I launch the coin so it can become something you tell me that you never said to launch it

And on top of that you disappeared then came back for 30 minutes and are already leaving

I am pretty sure finding someone with more patience than you will be easier than figuring out this coin with you

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 04:52:35 PM

Can we rename this ComedyCoin instead?

After reading this thread I was thinking:
"DramaCoin"

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:53:06 PM

I would contact the forum moderator and ask him to delete it. I don't mind helping you bc I honestly like the idea, but you can't rush stuff dude... I can help you set up a vps so that it will run your wallet 24/7 and that can be a addnode so miners wont have problems. The coin has a future or should I say the idea has a future lol. Get the post deleted and we will go from there. You can expect me to be able to help you 24/7. Its the holidays and I have other things on my plate. And its not like im getting paid for it.. I'm doing all this for free

I don't need to set up a VPS I have a smart USB and Mini PC coming in the mail Plus I will have colleagues soon

And you asked for .15 BTC you were never doing anything for free Except for the original creation of what you yourself called a shit coin today Unless you forgot that you asked for money

andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:55:10 PM

I would contact the forum moderator and ask him to delete it. I don't mind helping you bc I honestly like the idea, but you can't rush stuff dude... I can help you set up a vps so that it will run your wallet 24/7 and that can be a addnode so miners wont have problems. The coin has a future or should I say the idea has a future lol. Get the post deleted and we will go from there. You can expect me to be able to help you 24/7. Its the holidays and I have other things on my plate. And its not like im getting paid for it.. I'm doing all this for free

I don't need to set up a VPS I have a smart USB and Mini PC coming in the mail Plus I will have colleagues soon

And you asked for .15 BTC you were never doing anything for free Unless you forgot that you asked for money

No I asked for .15 btc to make a new coin for you. I sent u this coin as a sample of my work and what u wanted! But I wish you the best of luck. Setting up a vps is easier bc that's permanent. Good luck wih your college coin!!
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:56:38 PM

Good luck wih your college coin!!

Thank you

procrypto

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Shitcoin Maximalist

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:56:49 PM

This thread is amazing.

A disaster movie?
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:01:37 PM

This thread is amazing.

A disaster movie?

Lol You are all acting like this is meant to roll out like a regular coin I did this to learn and I thought people would be more open But I got more from reading these Which I still don't completely understand because I am a hands on learner and I don't have the equipment to follow the instructions
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=scrypt_altcoin_cloning_guide&s[]=fun&s[]=profit
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=sha256_altcoin_cloning_guide&s[]=fun&s[]=profit

And I believe that UTcoin was actually cloned from the 2nd link since the coin made in the link is ABCcoin

andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:05:26 PM

This thread is amazing.

A disaster movie?

Lol You are all acting like this is meant to roll out like a regular coin I did this to learn and I thought people would be more open But I got more from reading these Which I still don't completely understand because I am a hands on learner and I don't have the equipment to follow the instructions
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=scrypt_altcoin_cloning_guide&s[]=fun&s[]=profit
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=sha256_altcoin_cloning_guide&s[]=fun&s[]=profit

And I believe that UTcoin was actually cloned from the 2nd link since the coin made in the link is ABCcoin

Yes it was! The guide isn't fully complete but I'm sure you and your friends can figure out the rest
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:07:20 PM

This thread is amazing.

A disaster movie?

Yes it was! The guide isn't fully complete but I'm sure you and your friends can figure out the rest

We will I just have to find more guides I guess I thought asking would be the best way Since I grew up with the philosophy "If you don't know Ask"
But I guess that is not true in the Libertarian community

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:18:46 PM

So does anyone know if this is a SHA coin?

andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:33:37 PM

Sha256
rpcport 2014
defport 2013
maxcoin 50,000,000
Mining halving every 100,000 coins generated
30 coins per block
Block time is 3 mins

Currently no addnode for this coin so someone that will run the wallet for a while can become a addnode if they give you their external IP address to connect to. Or if you make a vps for your coin.
damnation

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 05:33:59 PM

Right now this is moving into depressing.

You dont "launch" a new coin just so it can be made into something... Its like Apple selling you a box of wires, a glass pane and an sd card for $1000 and telling you to enjoy your new ipad.

Making a coin something would be along the lines of building up an infrastructure to support it. You could have gone to your university souvenir shop and asked them to implement a system of 50/50, 50% cash and 50% UTC. You could have done the same with any and all college services.

I do like the idea of a University Coin. Its viable as an idea with a load of possibilities.

But, i think the missionary coin idea is a waste of time. Specifically, because of your ignorant statement about people in the clouds and what you think a missionary does. Your opinion was noted but its to close to religious persecution for it to be a sound idea.

Those people in the clouds are their ancestors and its an honor for them to be deemed worthy enough to be in the presence of their ancestors.

Dont get me wrong i'm christian myself and i think a missionary is someone who goes out there to give people another way to look at something. He does not however achieve anything by being negative about their belief system.

*edit* I applaud the whole "if you dont know, ask" philosophy. But, maybe you should focus on learning how to ask. You've been remarkably frustrating to quite a few people who were trying to help you. But as you dont even have a basic working knowledge of what you were attempting you weren't asking the right questions.. How can you expect people to answer to "WTF"? I cant believe you opened a separate thread to ask ppl to explain to the people in this thread how to mine? I could understand if you opened it up on another forum but in the same forum its like asking Jack to explain to Jack why he is an idiot

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:36:34 PM

Sha256
rpcport 2014
defport 2013
maxcoin 50,000,000
Mining halving every 100,000 coins generated
30 coins per block
Block time is 3 mins

Currently no addnode for this coin so someone that will run the wallet for a while can become a addnode if they give you their external IP address to connect to. Or if you make a vps for your coin.

I will use my mini PC and laptop to make that happen when I get home
I am getting a smart USB which will basically act as a VPS I just do not want to have to pay monthly or yearly fees

Thank you for sticking around
I am sorry I got aggressive You called me a liar and I was just frustrated that you didn't realize that I just didn't have my people yet because of holidays

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:40:32 PM

You dont "launch" a new coin just so it can be made into something... Its like Apple selling you a box of wires, a glass pane and an sd card for $1000 and telling you to enjoy your new ipad.

Making a coin something would be along the lines of building up an infrastructure to support it. You could have gone to your university souvenir shop and asked them to implement a system of 50/50, 50% cash and 50% UTC. You could have done the same with any and all college services.

I do like the idea of a University Coin. Its viable as an idea with a load of possibilities.

But, i think the missionary coin idea is a waste of time. Specifically, because of your ignorant statement about people in the clouds and what you think a missionary does. Your opinion was noted but its to close to religious persecution for it to be a sound idea.

Those people in the clouds are their ancestors and its an honor for them to be deemed worthy enough to be in the presence of their ancestors.

Dont get me wrong i'm christian myself and i think a missionary is someone who goes out there to give people another way to look at something. He does not however achieve anything by being negative about their belief system.

*edit* I applaud the whole "if you dont know, ask" philosophy. But, maybe you should focus on learning how to ask. You've been remarkably frustrating to quite a few people who were trying to help you. But as you dont even have a basic working knowledge of what you were attempting you weren't asking the right questions.. How can you expect people to answer to "WTF"? I cant believe you opened a separate thread to ask ppl to explain to the people in this thread how to mine? I could understand if you opened it up on another forum but in the same forum its like asking Jack to explain to Jack why he is an idiot

Lol

This kind of random ranting about something is what is known as controversy and controversy makes the world go round Smiley

Please read the underlined sentence in your post That is like putting a child in history class then getting mad at them for not asking about specific generals and events The reason they are in the class is to learn those things They would not need the class if they already knew them... Class = Asking

andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:42:04 PM

Thank you. I even was working with him for free. I like the concept. You can expect me to make a complete coin in 3 days or less... He wasnt happy with a few things with this coin so I said send me the specific specs you want and I will make you a new coin for .15 btc. This was only meant to be an example and if you look at his first thread I said I simply made the coin for the fun of it but was willing to give it to him. Nothing is wrong with the coin, your problem is you have no nodes. I'm not going to run the wallet and become a node... its not my coin. He has a good idea and can really be something but rushing the process doesn't help as you can see.
andrewboy44

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:43:42 PM

Lol

This kind of random ranting about something is what is known as controversy and controversy makes the world go round Smiley

Please read the underlined sentence in your post That is like putting a child in history class then getting mad at them for not asking about specific generals and events The reason they are in the class is to learn those things They would not need the class if they already knew them... Class = Asking

There point is you cant launch something without it being complete. Everything was and is complete except your nodes. But its over and done with now. Move on, and make the right coin. Good luck
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:43:53 PM

I'm so confused
Was this meant for me?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: