Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:11:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes?  (Read 3275 times)
Ferry22

Activity: 201
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:57:53 PM

when the value of my coin has jumped by 30% then I will sell it, but I will see the condition of the market before selling it. and I will get a big profit, then I will buy it again when the price has gone down.
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:00:35 PM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
It depends on the particular coin. If the matket value of a certain crypto is not increasing thst much, selling will be the best thing to do when its msrket value jumps in a sudden. But if the market price is observable to continuously increase, holding would be a better option. So basically, there are conditions when it comes on holding in order to earn huge profit.

nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:05:16 PM

I usually plan to invest in cryptos and set target price. When the exchange rate of any cryptos reaches the expected exchange rate, then I will sell then analyze the market situation to make the next decision. If the crypto is potential, then I will hold, but I think I should just hold with ETH and BTC only.

billyj111

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:09:32 PM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
It depends on the coin. In most cases, when I see a growth of 50% or more, I start selling this coin

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
lalatao72

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:07:32 AM

maybe just like me all my longterm coins has a target of minimum 100% and maximum of 300% unless it continues growing
blackblue986

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:56:48 PM

My strategy is whenever the market is falling down, I buy coins because it will give me an opportunity to increase my margin profit.
YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:11:11 PM

I will do a research first to find out why the price suddenly jumps to 30%. If that caused by the good news or something related to the project then I will sell 50% from my holding, but if it caused by the pump and dump group then I will continue the holding.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
bezzler

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:33:32 PM

When the coin price jumps up, I will certainly sell some of them to get the profits compared to the price when buying it. However, I will use some of the money to add into other altcoins when they are in the low price and then hold them after the price is higher some percents.
Arcoin1

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:48:04 PM

The medal is no longer a point. All the tokens we buy to make money are losing value, and we're just tracking it. We are waiting to be sharp.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:18:10 PM

For me it depends the altcoin, if the altcoin is potential like ethereum then I should hold for long and I sell my tokens once I earn x5 profit.

keykey1

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:53:16 PM

Strategically cryptocurrencies from the top are growing and it is really necessary to keep your coins even if they shows good growth in a short term periods. Don’t lose the opportunity to obtain stable and reliable investment.
ojherpeu

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:55:54 PM

In fact, we can't do anything because we don't know where it is at the top of the coin. I don't often do daytime trading. Maybe a long-term investment is the best way to get profits.
neite99

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:59:17 PM

if the volume has tripled than I usually wait and aim for more % but on most of the times I do sell it and buy back when it gets lower because by doing so I have earned more even though sometimes I missed the train this tactic is more profitable.
kris679

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:01:35 PM

If the coin has grown as I predicted then I will sell and forget about it, and if I thought that there would be much more, it would be better to hold on and reach the target!
Barbarian

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:45:44 PM

The answer on this question depends on your own strategy.
For daytrading it is more profitable to sell after such spike. In long term it's usefull to observe situation for some days.
Your strategy is very important to determine what action you should take however in my opinion unless you are an expert day trader it is a huge mistake to try to sell when there is a spike in the price after all you do not know if the price will go down or if it will skyrocket afterwards.
Artron1

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:46:12 PM

If there is a value increase in virtual money, you should remove it immediately. As you expect, the depreciation will have much effect.
baricuri

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:13:38 PM

This is a good luck, I think you should sell them soon, do not try to expect higher, if you greed and expectations at high prices you will regret it. Selling at just enough levels, to earn immediate profits.

jyotianand01

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 02:51:01 PM

I always wait for the coin to achieve my target price and if my coin touch that target in any spike, i immediately sell my coin. Never too greedy here in this market and make a target for yourself and sell your coin at your target price.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
ghosong

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:12:39 PM

It all depends on your ownership / your capital, if your capital is small, 30% increase will not affect, but I think Suddenly there is a 30% rise not a big deal in cryptocurrency investment, so I will not do anything, if my holding coins suddenly raise at least 100% of the total value, then I will sell half of my total holdings and buy back when the price falls back, that's what I always do and the results are quite profitable.
elosi

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:13:58 PM

If the coin i am holding jumps to that amount of percentage ie 30% then I will take 20% gain and wait for the price to dip once again, when the price dip again, I will re-buy some of the tokens to complete my initial holdings.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: