Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:57:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: State of Vermont ( Single Payer Healthcare ) puts Obamacare to shame!!  (Read 2418 times)
zedicus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 08:23:26 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 10:32:34 AM by zedicus

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/vermont-makes-promise-people-video/

The program will be fully operational by 2017, and will be funded through Medicare, Medicaid, federal money for the ACA given to Vermont, and a slight increase in taxes. In exchange, there will be no more premiums, deductibles, copay’s, hospital bills or anything else aimed at making insurance companies a profit.  Further, all hospitals and healthcare providers will now be nonprofit.  

--------

Wow Vermont had the audacity to put such a system in place because clearly this is a spit and slap in the face to whatever the affordable care act is supposed to be! Clearly the affordable care act is not the "affordable care" that it claims to be and clearly it wasnt written with the "care" of the people in mind!

Overall its an embarrassment and sinking in a self etching stain thats soaking in on the landscape of the country. The more people try to fix it the more they are rubbing it in and screwing it up more!

Why dont people demand something like Vermonts system!

Is there anyone at the wheel ?  Someone tell me something!  WTF!  The health care industry is slaughtering the country with pills and bills! The pharmaceutical industry is the giant silverback gorilla that nobody wants to talk about!

& overall..

All this nonsense and grandstanding, mandating, political bickering and complete bull**** people have been put through that all could have been made irrelevant by the system Vermont has put in place! Its not like its the other side of the planet! Vermont is a state in the USA!!! In fact they used federal funds to institute a medicaid expansion via the affordable care act and thats how they got this to happen!

"no more premiums, deductibles, copay’s, hospital bills or anything else"

Its like the feds looked at Vermont and said "hey thats a great idea, we can help with that but we arent going to roll that out nation wide"!  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:04:22 AM

Awesome, do I have a bunch of options to choose from to meet my own needs as I choose?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
zedicus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:43:34 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 09:59:42 AM by zedicus

no plans.. just care & no profits..

lol

Lets call it the "Not so affordable care plan"..

bahaha

--

We just cant  afford care thats about it! Mansions, boats, cars, businesses, politicians ..you can buy whatever you want.

But ask for some care and they get all 3 musketeers on you...

I think single payer suits the term care a lil better. A whole lot better!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:54:26 PM

The positive development I see is less and less youngsters will be forced go into debt trying to join one of those expensive schools to study medicine, schools with so called teachers making millions in their lifetime doodling stuff on their blackboard.

More and more doctors will be people who will care, truly care for the ones who deserve it and not for the ones who can simply pay for it, as those new doctors won't be motivated by greed but "social cure". Free access to the cutting edge of medicine technology should be a human right. Greedy hospitals trying to upgrade their equipment to the latest greatest should not pass their so called cost burden on taxing the poor. China can make amazing medical devices for cheap.

It is an illusion to believe they are good doctors and bad doctors. All doctors have certificates that proves they are doctors on their wall anyway. Bad doctors are the ones collecting Ferrari on the misery of the sick. The good doctors are the ones who know there were born to serve the community, sacrificing their own life for the greater good.

Everyone from the other 49 States should move to Vermont and support the cause of free healthcare.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:02:35 PM

Just eliminate the greedy medical insurance companies. Then the healthcare will be affordable to every single resident in the US.
player01

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:07:14 PM

exactly how could this be better than romneycare?

Less actual options, overwhelming costs etc?
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 10:34:54 PM

What I thought was ridiculous about the whole obamacare debate is that I bet like 3-1 people wanted lower healthcare costs versus making sure everyone is covered. And then the only thin we got is free healthcare for poor people and the costs keep going up and up. It's insane.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:26:58 PM

What I thought was ridiculous about the whole obamacare debate is that I bet like 3-1 people wanted lower healthcare costs versus making sure everyone is covered. And then the only thin we got is free healthcare for poor people and the costs keep going up and up. It's insane.

It was not insane for the people who kept an eye on Pelosi ''“But we have to pass the [health care] bill so that you can find out what’s in it....”

Now get ready for the next madness. Learn it by heart. Remember when your read it the first on a bitcoin forum. You got mad about a Wall Street bailout?
Next: insurance companies bailout. This close is built in the law.

[T]here are deep-in-the-weeds protections baked into the Affordable Care Act: risk adjustment, reinsurance, and risk corridors…
…[R]isk corridors will play the biggest role if the individual mandate does get delayed. Their entire purpose is to stabilize premiums during the first three years of Obamacare, when it’s especially difficult for insurers to price plans.
Here’s how it works: exchange plans (QHPs) projected how much their risk pool would cost overall in 2014, their “target” cost. If they’ve significantly miscalculated—or, say, if a mandate delay causes adverse selection that they couldn’t have predicted—HHS will take action…

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:35:02 AM

The program will be fully operational by 2017.....

Hope and change?

It's okay if I am skeptical, right?

But on the flip side I've always thought states could pull things off that the additional layer of corruption and red tape of Wash Dc could not possibly accomplish.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:37:09 AM

don't anarchists hate this idea? single payer systems means the healthcare industry becomes centralized. non-profit health providers means governments are controlling the system.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:49:11 AM

don't anarchists hate this idea? single payer systems means the healthcare industry becomes centralized. non-profit health providers means governments are controlling the system.
I hate it.  But nonetheless am obliged to point out that it is different in deliverables and likely efficiency than a similar thing attempted to be delivered from Washington.
zedicus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:40:25 AM

The positive development I see is less and less youngsters will be forced go into debt trying to join one of those expensive schools to study medicine, schools with so called teachers making millions in their lifetime doodling stuff on their blackboard.

More and more doctors will be people who will care, truly care for the ones who deserve it and not for the ones who can simply pay for it, as those new doctors won't be motivated by greed but "social cure". Free access to the cutting edge of medicine technology should be a human right. Greedy hospitals trying to upgrade their equipment to the latest greatest should not pass their so called cost burden on taxing the poor. China can make amazing medical devices for cheap.

It is an illusion to believe they are good doctors and bad doctors. All doctors have certificates that proves they are doctors on their wall anyway. Bad doctors are the ones collecting Ferrari on the misery of the sick. The good doctors are the ones who know there were born to serve the community, sacrificing their own life for the greater good.

Everyone from the other 49 States should move to Vermont and support the cause of free healthcare.

Hell yeah!! Vermont is putting the rest of the country to shame .. i hope some other states follow.

It was not insane for the people who kept an eye on Pelosi ''“But we have to pass the [health care] bill so that you can find out what’s in it....”

Now get ready for the next madness. Learn it by heart. Remember when your read it the first on a bitcoin forum. You got mad about a Wall Street bailout?
Next: insurance companies bailout. This close is built in the law.

[T]here are deep-in-the-weeds protections baked into the Affordable Care Act: risk adjustment, reinsurance, and risk corridors…
…[R]isk corridors will play the biggest role if the individual mandate does get delayed. Their entire purpose is to stabilize premiums during the first three years of Obamacare, when it’s especially difficult for insurers to price plans.
Here’s how it works: exchange plans (QHPs) projected how much their risk pool would cost overall in 2014, their “target” cost. If they’ve significantly miscalculated—or, say, if a mandate delay causes adverse selection that they couldn’t have predicted—HHS will take action…

Holy ****! Did you say insurance bailout! So is there a pre-determined crash time?! Is that why they spent 600 million on a website that doesnt work because it was never supposed to work... Is it pump and dump healthcare and bail it out time?

My god... its worse than i thought!

The program will be fully operational by 2017.....

Hope and change?

It's okay if I am skeptical, right?

But on the flip side I've always thought states could pull things off that the additional layer of corruption and red tape of Wash Dc could not possibly accomplish.

Lol...   Yes its ok if you are skeptical..  

I passed up a sign that said "hope" a thousand miles back and i just chuckled at it..

---

Ill tell you guys a short story about the time i was at a stop light about to make a u-turn to go to a carwash.

I didnt make the red light so i just sat there waiting for it to turn and there was a guy hodling a sign that said "Lost a 300 hundred pound cat.. please honk if you see him!"

I laughed to myself and rolled down my window and gave this guy a dollar and then i gave him another since he made me laugh and all..

I then made a u-turn and pulled in into the carwash. They take your car and at the last moment it pulls out of the machine then a couple guys dry it by hand and so as i was waiting on my car to get washed i noticed the guy across the street still doing his thing in the middle of the island with the sign ..

At one moment he starts walking across the street and makes a beeline move towards me and i was thinking oh man i hope he doesnt ask for more money .. i already gave him $2!

Luckily my car was almost done so i jumped in my car and quickly tipped the carwash guy a few dollars and got in my car and closed the door! LOL The bum crossing the street kept coming towards me and he got about 4 feet from my car and he turned to one of the guys who were drying the cars and the rat bastid gave the two dollars i gave him for making me laugh ...to one of the guys drying cars and proceeded to get into a brand new 750 il BMW that was in line and had just got washed... and then he drove away in the beemer!

My last hope for humanity was lost right there! LOL

I was sitting there thinking.. poor guy, he is in his old age in the middle of the street begging for money..  Little did i know i was on shinanigans st! Nothing is as it seems and you should not trust anything!

So skeptical ... yeah!!! A lil bit.. lolz

Its kinda like bitcoin tho..  even if it failed they cant put the idea back in the bag! I hope Vermont rocks that s***!!

We need more states to follow!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:50:08 AM

If the democrats are talking insurance companies bail out in a few months you will know for sure it was pre programmed, cooked in the book from the get go, as it was part of the law.

Of course I could be wrong and no one, not even me will remember that scenario if that never happen. But if the word is NOT used but instead it is about saving an industry, injecting money, saving healthcare from itself, a need to be bold, using common sense about the insurance industry, any form of all above etc, etc... then yep it will be a bail out.
zedicus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 07:18:58 AM

^^ I better hit costco and buy popcorn in bulk. Its Shenanigan St. there is no telling whats going to go down.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:27:40 AM

This is getting worse and worse the more you learn about it:

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:05:25 AM

exactly how could this be better than romneycare?

Less actual options, overwhelming costs etc?

Romneycare was much better than this one. Because Romney is an intelligent person who knows how to spend money, unlike the idiot Obama.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:31:54 PM

Holy ****! Did you say insurance bailout! So is there a pre-determined crash time?! Is that why they spent 600 million on a website that doesnt work because it was never supposed to work... Is it pump and dump healthcare and bail it out time?
No bailout comes without a price.

I'll give you this wad of cash, chump.  Then you owes me....See?
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:19:42 PM

Its single payer so while of course its more efficient, I thought most Americans would sooner die poor than have a "socialist" type system.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:20:39 PM

I am against single centralized anything when managed by bureaucrats where the laws do not apply to them or staff members.

At least make your case for single payer OPENLY Mr Obama. Make like the blockchain. No back door deals, no sausage making behind the scene anymore. This is what you told us. Hopenchange!
Again the most transparent WH eva had to lie to push their doodoo sandwish but now had exploded like a 1 ton of firecrackers in a full portable toilet.

Main stream media did and are still doing their best to save their "All IN" bet on their lying horse,  "Keynesian Savannas" but people are finally waking up to this fraud.
mistress_magpie

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Retired from the mistressing business

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:22:20 PM

The NHS works extremely well and leads to much better health outcomes overall as compared to the US system.

1MEuWAgzeArG9sittnqhuTHkMtgvirZvuS
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: