Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:28:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT breaks into the top 5 coins by market capitalisation!  (Read 2743 times)
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:47:26 PM

I value jimmy cap over market cap after witnessing dogecoin mcap surpassed btc few days ago. Fuck it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:50:00 PM

Even with 100k coins right now you have a very very tiny chance of mining a block.

Unless I'm mistaken, with 100k nxt you would forge a block around every two days.
That's not too bad. Better than solo mining a CPU coin. Smiley

But I think that's not really the point.
There are hundreds of altcoins, that has no function, their only reason to be is to be mined.
That's nice if you can make money of it, but they have no real future.

If you look at Nxt (and other such coins in development) with a miners mindset, they look almost worthless, (or a scam, or ponzi, etc) especially if you factor in that the pricey mining rigs has no function in these systems.
The only way to look and evaluate them is what new ideas and functions they bring to the table.
But that's not the avarage miners way. Smiley

I agree with you on the initial distribution problem, but nothing do to about it now. Actually if you look at the traffic to and from dgex.com (exchange), the distribution are going really well, for a coin a few weeks old.
Of course there are still some big accounts, but we'll see what happens in a few weeks/months.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:09:43 PM

Even with 100k coins right now you have a very very tiny chance of mining a block.

Unless I'm mistaken, with 100k nxt you would forge a block around every two days.
That's not too bad. Better than solo mining a CPU coin. Smiley

But I think that's not really the point.
There are hundreds of altcoins, that has no function, their only reason to be is to be mined.
That's nice if you can make money of it, but they have no real future.

If you look at Nxt (and other such coins in development) with a miners mindset, they look almost worthless, (or a scam, or ponzi, etc) especially if you factor in that the pricey mining rigs has no function in these systems.
The only way to look and evaluate them is what new ideas and functions they bring to the table.
But that's not the avarage miners way. Smiley

I agree with you on the initial distribution problem, but nothing do to about it now. Actually if you look at the traffic to and from dgex.com (exchange), the distribution are going really well, for a coin a few weeks old.
Of course there are still some big accounts, but we'll see what happens in a few weeks/months.

I agree to a certain extent that mining is not that important to distribution, actually it can be done away with altogether.  However the concentration of this distribution at the start was just way way way concentrated above any other coin.  Not only that, the mining/forging is now forever going to be in their favour too??  So not only do they hold the bulk of the coins, they will get the bulk of the forging?  seems weird.

NXT is tech amazing , distribution poor. This is not good for any objective reviews of this coin.

I like it, it can still succeed, however it could and should have been distributed more fairly. Or else some fairer model for forging.

mr_random (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:23:01 PM

NXT sitting pretty at number 4. Any predictions for when it passes Peercoin to grab the number 3 spot?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:25:21 PM

NXT sitting pretty at number 4. Any predictions for when it passes Peercoin to grab the number 3 spot?

I think we won't see it on the 3rd place. It will jump straight to number 2.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:55:21 PM

Forging? or do you mean that side of it is not really important anyway?

It's important, but u mentioned only mining and said nothing about other Nxt features.

As soon as the source is revealed you can be sure this will be cloned and a much fairer initial distribution will be done.

I took at look at the Java files,  it is a typical web application with only 28 classes to manage its block chain.

It's a centralized system where all the coins were issued with a purchase price of 21 BTC.

How is this different from any non-centralized system creating virtual currencies?   You could in fact create the same thing with even better and more robust technology using Open Transactions.

There is absolutely no innovation here.  

Besides, if they were fair and confident with their creation, they would have the source code peer reviewed prior to anyone risking any of their hard earned money on it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:41:31 AM

I took at look at the Java files,  it is a typical web application with only 28 classes to manage its block chain.

It's a centralized system where all the coins were issued with a purchase price of 21 BTC.

How is this different from any non-centralized system creating virtual currencies?   You could in fact create the same thing with even better and more robust technology using Open Transactions.

There is absolutely no innovation here.  

Besides, if they were fair and confident with their creation, they would have the source code peer reviewed prior to anyone risking any of their hard earned money on it.

U lie.

PS: Here r my replies to his post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352286.msg4127395#msg4127395
Caesar V

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:45:40 AM

Meanwhile the exchange seems to be fucking manual.. been waiting so long for my coins to arrive, not even funny anymore.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:22:46 AM

It's important, but u mentioned only mining and said nothing about other Nxt features.

Well I'm afraid 99.99% percent of us want to forge NXT and then dump it for BTC. In better case we want speculate on further price rise and dump later Smiley. I wish if I would be wrong on this but I think I'm not. Actually because of the lack of services we can't spend it even if we would wish to spend.

BTW instead of "other NXT features" you guys should concentrate on the basics and make a working client as 0.4.4 crashing every 10 minutes.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:29:20 AM

BTW instead of "other NXT features" you guys should concentrate on the basics and make a working client as 0.4.4 crashing every 10 minutes.

We r working on that. Some guys provide very good stress-testing environment by DDoSing the system non-stop.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:43:30 AM

We r working on that. Some guys provide very good stress-testing environment by DDoSing the system non-stop.

Yes, I seen it. I had to remove IP publishing as I've got torrents of teardown tcp connections what clogged a 100MB internet connection very effectively. According to my logs I think the client crashing because of it's unable to find a valid node within the connection timeout period.

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:51:34 AM

I agree to a certain extent that mining is not that important to distribution, actually it can be done away with altogether.  However the concentration of this distribution at the start was just way way way concentrated above any other coin.  Not only that, the mining/forging is now forever going to be in their favour too??  So not only do they hold the bulk of the coins, they will get the bulk of the forging?  seems weird.

NXT is tech amazing , distribution poor. This is not good for any objective reviews of this coin.

I like it, it can still succeed, however it could and should have been distributed more fairly. Or else some fairer model for forging.

I think this is the reason because most of the "NXT community" will abandon NXT in ten minutes after eMunie released Smiley. Making some NXT banks where the small holders can group together and pile up enough coins to make forging effective could be a solution. (I intentionally avoided such terms as "group together against the stakeholders" Smiley.) Unfortunately this will make the market even more illiquid.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 10:15:38 AM

I think this is the reason because most of the "NXT community" will abandon NXT in ten minutes after eMunie released Smiley. Making some NXT banks where the small holders can group together and pile up enough coins to make forging effective could be a solution. (I intentionally avoided such terms as "group together against the stakeholders" Smiley.) Unfortunately this will make the market even more illiquid.

I like eMunie and if Fuserleer brings what he promised I'll put him on the same level as Satoshi. I still think that Nxt and eMu will co-exist.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 10:56:21 AM

I like eMunie and if Fuserleer brings what he promised I'll put him on the same level as Satoshi. I still think that Nxt and eMu will co-exist.

I'm also running an eMunie test on a Raspberry Pi and it working smoothly. I can even hatch some test coins, so i don't need to invest 60-100 BTC for a smooth startup. Everybody can pre-order coins right now for peanuts, so their distribution model looks more balanced. The embedded assets management looks really fine and so on...

Please don't misunderstand me, I like your coin (I even read about the features Smiley.) and I think it could be a really big thing... as soon as you guys get the client working and can find out a way for a more balanced coin distribution. Maybe you should think about that "bank" what I mentioned earlier, or just put 1-2 million coins into a dedicated forging node and feed the output into a faucet.

You can say I missed the boat and now I'm pushing some kind of communistic agenda here to rip off ppl who risked their money or you can say I'm concentrating only on the forging aspect what clearly makes me a greedy bastard Smiley. To be frank you are right on the second sentence. As I think I can still catch this boat, I'm willing to invest into more NXT and forging nodes, but I expecting to see a fair return for my investments and I can achieve this goal only if NXT will be a widely used coin with lots of real world services. On the contrary the current distribution model encourages hoarding instead of using it and makes it a second BTC for speculators only, what doesn't fit to my get rich quick plan Smiley.
maxidoge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:09:59 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2013, 11:22:18 AM by maxidoge

nxt - those 70 people who has ALL nextcoins are created Artificial Scarcity(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_scarcity),
they sitting on their premined from genesis block millions and only a little % is in trading exchange.

I like nxt and all features, but this capmarket is total bullshit.

Emunie seems much better coin, has many similar features. yes, concept is different.
with emunie you will never 6000% growth, it was made for another purpose.

But the situation when 70 holders in NXT own 95% ALL premined coins, coz mining is closed.
In future big holders take biggest part of profit coz the sistem made in this way - more you have -> more you get.

So beatiful coin, i love it so much. But this shit make it looks like SCUM coin.
Only 70 people get everything grom genesis block and now they pump the price to the moon, when demand is high and they sell only fucking 1%.

And yes i have a little amount of it, and yes - i miss the train.
But this premine for normal people will be like a red rag to a bull, coz it obvious that now owners of genesis millions will control price in a way they want to and they want it to be high.
What next? after 5-6 month-1 year  they dump it and fast buy everything at cheap price? market manipulation become so simple if you have too much power.
bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:46:50 AM

Rather than market cap, we should rank coins on the aggregated value of published buy orders. Market cap is meaningless without volume.

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
stas

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:49:57 AM

It's not going to stop at number 5. It's going to number 2 within the next few months. And eventually number 1.

I doubt that:)

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:50:49 AM

lmao number 1 is untouchable
whorehay

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:51:44 AM

nxt - those 70 people who has ALL nextcoins are created Artificial Scarcity(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_scarcity),
they sitting on their premined from genesis block millions and only a little % is in trading exchange.

I like nxt and all features, but this capmarket is total bullshit.

Emunie seems much better coin, has many similar features. yes, concept is different.
with emunie you will never 6000% growth, it was made for another purpose.

But the situation when 70 holders in NXT own 95% ALL premined coins, coz mining is closed.
In future big holders take biggest part of profit coz the sistem made in this way - more you have -> more you get.

So beatiful coin, i love it so much. But this shit make it looks like SCUM coin.
Only 70 people get everything grom genesis block and now they pump the price to the moon, when demand is high and they sell only fucking 1%.

And yes i have a little amount of it, and yes - i miss the train.
But this premine for normal people will be like a red rag to a bull, coz it obvious that now owners of genesis millions will control price in a way they want to and they want it to be high.
What next? after 5-6 month-1 year  they dump it and fast buy everything at cheap price? market manipulation become so simple if you have too much power.

+1
medveworld

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:58:08 AM

DOGE is th RULE! nxt suxx
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: