Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:09:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Tips Keeping Your Bitcoin from Hackers.  (Read 2753 times)
Sekyut (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:29:38 PM

- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:33:57 PM

the triggering part is password haha, it's too long so i take lots of time to remembering it just in case T_T
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 03:49:03 PM

Uhm, those tips are clearly meant for people who are storing their coins on online wallets, since you're mentioning 2FA.
I would advise against giving away control of your Bitcoins to any company. It's always better to have your own secure wallet, one that gives you control over your private keys.

Two-factor Authentication isn't a perfect solution, it can also be broken in certain instances.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:54:48 PM

the triggering part is password haha, it's too long so i take lots of time to remembering it just in case T_T

Use a password manager like KeePass2[1]. That way, you'd only need to remember one long password(master password), then you're other passwords would be as long as it can for maximum security(at least 40 characters). Just make sure your master password is secure as well.

[1] https://keepass.info/
[2] https://bitwarden.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:03:04 PM

Uhm, those tips are clearly meant for people who are storing their coins on online wallets, since you're mentioning 2FA.
I would advise against giving away control of your Bitcoins to any company. It's always better to have your own secure wallet, one that gives you control over your private keys.

Two-factor Authentication isn't a perfect solution, it can also be broken in certain instances.

OP probably had web wallets in mind when wrote this but 2FA is not necessarily pointing to web wallets only. you can have a cold storage with 2FA too.
for example using Electrum you can create a 2 of 3 multi signature wallet with TrustedCoin service which is your 2FA. this would be a desktop wallet which uses this option. it can also be used offline, although offline may be a bit weird setup!

There is a FOMO brewing...
yudi31

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:16:53 PM

There are some basic security measures we must take to keep bitcoins from hackers,
1.Secure your email account
2.Secure your social media account
3.Use unique and powerful passwords for all online accounts
4.Enable two-factor authentication
cryptosec.info

Activity: 138
Merit: 74

NotYourKeys.Org

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 04:20:13 PM

I just recently posted a topic about this on the beginner's section minutes ago.

For anyone who's interested: Topic: [GUIDE] Keeping your crypto secure: DOs and DON'Ts

NotYourKeys.org - Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin.
-----
Join the Bitcointalk movement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5292109
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:34:00 PM

For me i protect my bitcoin by SMS phone verification when i want to access to my bitcoin account from another computer
Sekyut (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:48:12 PM

I also actually only recommend using Google Authenticator, because I think the level of google security is very high and has been trusted. And the most important thing is we have to stay alert all the time because the risk always try some way to attack you.
Alexmagn84

Activity: 517
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:55:21 PM

I have some good ways to full safety your bitcoin wallet.just follow the rules.
1.you can Secure your email account.and you have must be two-factor verification.
3.you can Use unique and most powerful passwords for your wallet.
4.you can do it enable two-factor authentication
If you will follow the Rules, then I hope hacker do not hack your account.

cryptotezi

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:21:07 PM

Good sharing and thanks for the advice. I think that it will be easy to secure own account for the techie people.
So my additional suggestion is to study a bot on how to make crypto wallet well secured by googling.
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:04:07 PM

I appreciate your effort in making sure people's bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are not stolen because it is becoming rampant nowadays. As we read on, I hope we will have people who will share other techniques we can use to keep our wallets safe from hackers.
Hairpin

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:39:39 AM

Use a unique email for your account,  use a long and complex password, (for coinbase) setup the Coinbase Vault and two-factor authentication for any send off-site and don't talk about cryptocurrency on social media.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:21:22 AM

- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.
If you want to be safe try to used trusted wallet like coinbase or trusted wallet in your country so you can deposit some of your money or bitcoin that you are sure that this is safe dont give your private keys or password to anyone save it into offline storage be safe.
almersyn

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:50:51 AM

what I do to avoid hackers is to secure my bitcoin wallet, bookmarks bitcoin wallet website, secure private key in offline and in cloud. To prevent hackers it depends on us who overcame it
Tatars kun

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:21:47 AM

Many are newcomers, unaware of the risks and security holes in the complicated yet lucrative world of cryptocurrency, making them easy prey for hackers and cyberthiefs.
Skyonito

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:27:55 AM

2f authenticator since 2015
danwanyd

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:30:44 AM

The bitcoin wallet client is the most effective way to ensure the security of bitcoin, because only you have the secret keys. Don't put your eggs in one basket, for example, put a small amount of money on a computer, server or smartphone for daily expenses, and then save the remaining bitcoins with the "cold storage". Both methods have strong passwords. Multiple signatures are another way to enhance security.
Paul karet

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:41:20 AM

Simple Tips Keeping Your Bitcoin From Hackers,
1. You should be more careful about entering email and password.
2. You must be more careful in storing your wallet.
3. The wallet should always be locked with a private key. and security
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:52:10 AM

If you are storing bitcoin in your computer for sure you need to have protected computer and have an updated computer and anti-virus but as well you need to have a password on your wallet to make sure that no one will be able to access it or to make transfers but mostly for me I just used the two-factor or the authentication which is pretty good and it really gives a security in your account. You should not tell anyone that you have a bitcoin or that where your bitcoin is stored, for me I never tell anyone except my family but they don't know how it works and where do I store it to make a privacy with my coins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: