Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:44:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of scammer like this.....  (Read 269 times)
Xiadas

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:22:28 PM

I don't get it, does phishing attacks works till now? I thought they are useless nowadays as because everyone knows about them. And I think this user is just wasting his time by sending others a phishing link there is no way that someone will click on that link and fill it with their real username and password. Come on it's 2018 bro no one is stupid enough to do that. It's good that you report to admin he should be perm ban for trying such stupid stuffs.
You definitely would be surprised knowing how much phishing attacks are successfull Smiley. Yes, it's 2018 but still a lot of people are naive and careless (or stupid) about their's data safety in internet. And threads like this could help in decreasing people's ignorance and increase awareness.

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flame Dragon King (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:53:34 PM

I don't get it, does phishing attacks works till now? I thought they are useless nowadays as because everyone knows about them. And I think this user is just wasting his time by sending others a phishing link there is no way that someone will click on that link and fill it with their real username and password. Come on it's 2018 bro no one is stupid enough to do that. It's good that you report to admin he should be perm ban for trying such stupid stuffs.

I think he will not continuing doing that if he doesnt have a victim. I guess his target are those newbies or jr member out there who is reckless.

▬▬▬▬ ViValid.io  |  every item has a story
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ PRE SALE 14th May 2018
Flame Dragon King (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:58:41 PM

You definitely would be surprised knowing how much phishing attacks are successfull Smiley. Yes, it's 2018 but still a lot of people are naive and careless (or stupid) about their's data safety in internet. And threads like this could help in decreasing people's ignorance and increase awareness.
I'm definitely agree to you, his target are those reckless. Hoping that this thread will make everyone wake up in their recklessness and stupidity.

Flame Dragon King (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:03:46 AM

This is why I never click on links from people that I don't know.

It's kinda crazy that someone would want to hijack a BitcoinTalk account haha. Never would've expected it.

Established forum accounts are worth quite a lot, actually, and people do try to steal them, so you want to protect them in two ways.
1. Use a robust password and change it periodically. Definitely change it since your account was targeted, just in case.
2. Protect your reputation. Be careful about what you promote and how you behave on this forum.

In general, don't click on links you don't know, and certainly don't enter any credentials into them. You can go to the sites you go to by finding them on your own, typing in the url yourself, etc. Check for spelling as phishing sites are often just off by one character.

If you suspect that you compromised your account, then your best recourse is to quickly change the password to a new one, and be more careful.

So glad you caught on to this early! Great job!

Thanks for the advice, this would be a great help. Can I ask if you already encountered this kind of shit people?? (sorry for the term but they deserve it)

qwirtiii

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:17:08 AM

I want to share my experience about a person in this forum who just try to scam me.

Beware of the username quintiilieo in bitcointalk. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=715575 this is the link.

He pm me and say Hi! then he gave a link. After clicking it, the website is like as the bitcointalk welcome page. Then asking for me to login, I notice that I already login and there is no CAPTCHA required. So I dont login.

https://i.imgur.com/0iILVzS.png

BEWARE TO ALL. HOPE TO HELP YOU WITH THIS. THANKS!

That scammers nothing to do in they life just to destroy and collect our money without investing their energy and knowledge. They are so bad to do that all.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: