Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:09:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $10,000 to spend  (Read 14097 times)
Pylant123 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:25:45 PM

How do you guys feel about

$5000 in XRP
$5000 in WAVES

Hodling for long term returns
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:28:07 PM

How I feel? 

I hold 20+ coins and I don't have either.  That means I personally don't believe in them.  Good luck!
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:29:51 PM

$5000 in XRP
$5000 in WAVES

If you want to invest on XRP then throw your fiat cash to dustbin or send the money any old age home mate. I think no one looking to invest their fund on the centralized threaten altcoin now. Waves there is no problem with it. You can invest at anytime. I think you may get double the money in next 3 months.

Then if possible invest you money on NEO coin. This coin is still low as I believe so invest on it. In this year end you can see the NEO price at 200 USD or even more value than that.
Poink

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:35:33 PM

If I may ask...

- How did you come up with these two coins? 
- How long did you investigate crypto in general before deciding on investing? 
- What were your source of information?
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:48:16 PM

$5000 in XRP
$5000 in WAVES

I think Waves is good but I doubt it with XRP, honestly I'm not interested to invest in XRP because it is a centralized coin, if I in your shoes I will replace XRP with some potential coins such as ETH, STRAT, EOS and so on, and it would be better if you adopt more than 5 coins in your portfolio

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
maliboom

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:53:21 PM

I would buy you in the most emerging segments: decentralized exchanges: IDEX.
and DAO: Daostack

Buy also ether ether ether
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:05:45 PM

Personally, I will not invest in ripple and waves. There are better coins out there. IMO, waves is a project with not much development. Neo is a better project with active development.
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1540
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:06:41 PM

$5000 in XRP
$5000 in WAVES

I think Waves is good but I doubt it with XRP, honestly I'm not interested to invest in XRP because it is a centralized coin, if I in your shoes I will replace XRP with some potential coins such as ETH, STRAT, EOS and so on, and it would be better if you adopt more than 5 coins in your portfolio

completely true plus i bet he did not do some research before investing into XRP.
for example this kind of problem ;
https://www.ccn.com/disgruntled-xrp-investor-hits-ripple-with-class-action-lawsuit/
(even though it was based on his own foolishness,but it won't change the fact that many people felt discontent with it and because of that i believe it will lose its value slowly).
also the fact that it was a centralized project made it even worst.
why bother yourself with this kind of project while you have something else which are undervalued right now ? such as ETC ? STRAT ? and else
jeanpierre

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:12:17 PM

XRP is too centralized but Waves is a good pick, also take a look at Beaxy it's a new ICO and they will launch their token sale next month. It's going to be the next best exchange the team wants to be better than Binance and Bittrex

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:36:30 PM

$5000 in XRP
$5000 in WAVES

XRP and WAVES are promising platform in longterm. But Bitcoin and Ethereum is always supporting to long term investment so you can try this coin. You should this two coin you will understand the potential of this platform.
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:14:42 PM

If your total portfolio is worth $10,000, then you shold invest $2500 into waves ad $2500 into Ripple. Hold the other $5000 USD in fiat, BTC or Ethereum. You are safer if you still have money left to buy dips, if it dips!
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:23:16 PM

Buying both these coins at these prices should be most likely fine. Still you should divide your money into more top coins than just these two.
squallw

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:24:27 PM

Buy some top10 coins like Ethereum, LiteCoin, Cardano, Stellar, IOTA, Tron.
But, i advise to wait some days/weeks, the market will show if bear still active or not.
If Bitcoin come down bellow $7k and bear market show his face and you can buy all those coins cheaper, in this case, bitcoin may go $6k or less and you can considerer to buy and hold 1btc.
If bitcoin go above $12k, bear trend is over and you can buy and expect ATH in almost all top coins.
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 05:36:14 PM

I would certainly not buy XRP. Literally the most centralized currency.

Positivebetting
thecodebear

Activity: 2142
Merit: 824

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:38:56 PM

First invest in Bitcoin and Ethereum. Those two are the class of the field. Their long term validity is much more assured than any other coin in the market.

After that Ripple and WAVES could be good investments.

WAVES seems like a coin with good long term prospects, though whether that will amount to anything is completely up in the air.

Ripple is of course a company that is trying to take over from Swift for interbank payments. They seem to be doing a good job getting partners, though I believe there is a difference between the coin and their business, so I don't think them getting banks to use their service actually locks up supply of XRP. Hence them getting used as a service by banks I don't think actually affects the price of the coin other than people reacting to that news. Also there's the problem that the founder holds some absurd amount of the supply. In terms of supply Ripple is about as centralized as it gets with nearly the entire supply held by a very small amount of people. If they ever started selling the price would drop to almost nothing.

I would go >50% in Bitcoin, 30% in Ethereum, and <20% in alts, but Ripple would definitely not be something I would ever want to hold long term.
stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 06:25:09 PM

Waves is a fine shot to take because it is trying to offer something that the market needs which is a DEX. Ripple doesn't really offer anything that Bitcoin or another currency doesn't, there only savior is hoping that banks will use it which nobody is sure whether they will or not in the end. Also Ripple is being sued currently by R3 which is another red flag.

matrix50

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:50:19 PM

split at least to 10 coins
coingrowth

Activity: 416
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:44:40 PM

investing in ripple and waves for long term is good and safe bet we can expect higher returns some time in coming months more than 5 times returns are expected in safe zone
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:46:16 PM

Add more options and remove XRP on your list. Diversify your portfolio, replace xrp with ada if you want low-priced coins. I got no problem with waves, you can invest on that.
KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:49:58 PM

Thats not a bad idea but holding 5 coins more is not a bad idea either if that is your budget for investing. That way, if you hold a couple of coins tendency would be of lesser losses.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: