Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:35:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to MINE NOW?  (Read 1646 times)
bxp (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:10:10 PM

i'm one of bitcoin early adopters. mined for only 1 month in total, but also bought substantial amount of coins back, when BTC was 3 bucks. that has changed my life...
beginning december i've felt the rush to get on alt-currency train - not as an investor, but as an adventurous supporter and enthusiast.
Considering that, the train has got enormous since then, and i didn't keep up with it, it's difficult to navigate in this ever growing ocean.
Which coins does it make sense to start mining now, from difficulty, originality, and application points? Which coins in you opinion have bright prospects and are worthy attention and support?
all opinions valued
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 05:12:26 PM

best place to learn most profitable coins www.coinwarz.com Wink enjoy
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:13:46 PM

dmd

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:17:49 PM

Avoid any coin that has a high total and a seemingly low premine %. Warning bells should alarm that it's likely a pump and dump altcoin.

There appears to be a trend towards meme coins right now, so Doge would be a safe bet if you wanted an altcoin with return. For long term investment, personally I'd avoid scrypt. Maybe a quark-based coin. Certainly investing in at least one of each wouldn't harm.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
perhan007

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:21:34 PM

If you're really an "early adopter" and sitting on 1000+ BTC, it would be more or less your choise to decide which of the alt coins shall sky rocket immediatelly...
bxp (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:22:55 PM

dmd? is that a coin?
kanus1113

Activity: 452

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:23:06 PM

Doge and EAC should still be the best high risk coins to mine. Of course that comes with many problems, pools acting up, massive price changes and so on.

If you want low risk coins you can set and forget. I would go for something like WDC.
Nullu

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:24:06 PM

If you're really an "early adopter" and sitting on 1000+ BTC, it would be more or less you're choise which of the alt coins shall sky rocket immediatelly...

If you were sitting on 1000+, you could pretty much control an altcoin market. If I had that kind of money I'd be indirectly investing in the coin I thought would do well by buying it in large quantities and offering bounties for markets, exchanges, artwork and what have you. That would be the smart way to invest in an altcoin.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:26:25 PM

dmd? is that a coin?

Yes, thats Diamond. It kinda died of but now has been rejuvenated so to speak. Its currently trading at $2.00 but has potential to be worth a lot. Block reward is low and total coins is like 200K.

bxp (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:30:32 PM

If you're really an "early adopter" and sitting on 1000+ BTC, it would be more or less you're choise which of the alt coins shall sky rocket immediatelly...

If you were sitting on 1000+, you could pretty much control an altcoin market. If I had that kind of money I'd be indirectly investing in the coin I thought would do well by buying it in large quantities and offering bounties for markets, exchanges, artwork and what have you. That would be the smart way to invest in an altcoin.

It's not that much anymore, but close
I have no intention of playing on the market or taking control.
The point is: I don't want to invest by buying, but rather start from scratch, donating my computing power. The farthest I would go is cloud mining.
bxp (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:37:10 PM

Avoid any coin that has a high total and a seemingly low premine %. Warning bells should alarm that it's likely a pump and dump altcoin.

There appears to be a trend towards meme coins right now, so Doge would be a safe bet if you wanted an altcoin with return. For long term investment, personally I'd avoid scrypt. Maybe a quark-based coin. Certainly investing in at least one of each wouldn't harm.

What makes scrypt coins less reliable in the long run? What would you say about DTC?
bxp (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:44:25 PM

If you're really an "early adopter" and sitting on 1000+ BTC, it would be more or less your choise to decide which of the alt coins shall sky rocket immediatelly...

thanx on that. i didn't consider btc an investment, but rather an anarchist idea to support. back then it was the only one - now they are hundreds, and these enough of garbage in between.
Nullu

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:49:54 PM

What makes scrypt coins less reliable in the long run? What would you say about DTC?

Well, I'm not saying less reliable, just less stable. The market is flooded, and with some "supposed" ASIC chips being developed for scrypt (which right now I highly doubt, but I do think it's a matter of time), then eventually the Scypt market is going to see a flood, and basically any new scrypt coin will be mined so fast and hard that it just won't be worth mining.

The way to invest now would be in a scrypt coin that you think will still be going strong in a year or two. If ASICs ever do appear for scrypt, then that coin's value is bound to go up, and with a good userbase behind it hopefully ride out the currency fluctuations when it happens.

I'm not too familiar with DTC. Some of these novel coins are interesting, but when everything's *new*, almost any change is a novelty, and there are a few novel coins out there already. Certainly would be safer to hedge your bets and invest in a few scrypt coins, and then maybe a quark coin. Or some form of combination algorithm that can only be mined by CPU.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: