Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:05:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The First Bitcoin...  (Read 6409 times)
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 08:43:18 PM

I vote that you remove airline ticket (via proxy) as one could include every single thing purchased in $ etc (which is what the ticket was bought with) just when one sells/converts BTC to do so like on an exchange first, I gave someone some BTC & they used their $ credit card to buy me XYZ = a non event

He could though get an important first & for the same thread: First person to be refused entry to the US because of Bitcoins

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinStars.com

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 08:47:07 PM

We are the first full scale gambling exchange  Cool
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 12:31:15 AM

Hi Phinnaeus,

And the first Bitcoin Luxury Watch:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=32811.0

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 01:44:35 AM

I vote that you remove airline ticket (via proxy) as one could include every single thing purchased in $ etc (which is what the ticket was bought with) just when one sells/converts BTC to do so like on an exchange first, I gave someone some BTC & they used their $ credit card to buy me XYZ = a non event

He could though get an important first & for the same thread: First person to be refused entry to the US because of Bitcoins

No need for a vote. I'm easy. Just ask my pet chicken. Oops! Wrong forum. Thank you, Otoh, for your input. I've adjusted the list to reflect your requests. I had to do some reading to make sure I had Nefario's information correct. Feel free to suggest an edit in the wording, if it is warranted. I would like the list to stay somewhat to this grammatical style: The First Bitcoin X, hence this: The Fist Bitcoin Refusal (Used as an excuse to deny a person entry into the US) http://blog.glbse.com/no-electronic-devices.

Got it, BitcoinStars. At the moment it's listed as Gambling Exchange, but feel free to offer up a better wording. (Gaming?)

Hi Phinnaeus,

I was thinking about this watch today, Trader Steve, while checking on my job sites. I already had it in mind to include it. It's there now.

I want to thank all three of you for you input. I will make sure to check this thread offer to keep the ongoing list updated.

mute20

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 11:06:45 PM

I think the airline ticket still counts. He bought the ticket with bitcoin from a "travel agent" who somehow got the ticket from an airline, how he got the ticket before selling it does not really matter.

Has there been anybody who paid rent with bitcoin yet? The first bitcoin rent payment was ... ?

I think there was somebody who bought a plane with bitcoin, that would be a good adition to the list.

I am waiting for the first person to pay a prostitute in bitcoins  Grin
Nagios

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

thevapebook.com

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2011, 11:56:39 PM

www.bitvapes.com the first electronic cigarette vendor to accept Bitcoins.

Find something I said tip worthy? 1Nf47w5mk7a425xLTrV8U4eswqveoxwTv1
BitcoinStars.com

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 12:00:10 AM

No need for a vote. I'm easy. Just ask my pet chicken. Oops! Wrong forum. Thank you, Otoh, for your input. I've adjusted the list to reflect your requests. I had to do some reading to make sure I had Nefario's information correct. Feel free to suggest an edit in the wording, if it is warranted. I would like the list to stay somewhat to this grammatical style: The First Bitcoin X, hence this: The Fist Bitcoin Refusal (Used as an excuse to deny a person entry into the US) http://blog.glbse.com/no-electronic-devices.

Got it, BitcoinStars. At the moment it's listed as Gambling Exchange, but feel free to offer up a better wording. (Gaming?)

Hi Phinnaeus,

I was thinking about this watch today, Trader Steve, while checking on my job sites. I already had it in mind to include it. It's there now.

I want to thank all three of you for you input. I will make sure to check this thread offer to keep the ongoing list updated.

Cool  Cool
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 03:11:44 AM

I think the airline ticket still counts. He bought the ticket with bitcoin from a "travel agent" who somehow got the ticket from an airline, how he got the ticket before selling it does not really matter.

Has there been anybody who paid rent with bitcoin yet? The first bitcoin rent payment was ... ?

I think there was somebody who bought a plane with bitcoin, that would be a good adition to the list.

I feel like a Yo-Yo. I put it up; take it down; put it back up, because... No problem, Peter, for your point is valid. Thanks, bud.

I am waiting for the first person to pay a prostitute in bitcoins  Grin

That took balls, mute20, to claim to be the first to pay a prostitute with Bitcoin. I have included it on the list and linked you profile to the claim since you've already stated it in this thread that it took place. I hope she didn't overinflate--the price. Did you meet her at Costco's?

www.bitvapes.com the first electronic cigarette vendor to accept Bitcoins.

It's included now, Nagios. Thanks for the input.

Any others?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 03:22:49 PM

I think it is worth metioning the first bitcoin stock exchange, GLBSE. glbse.com

It's added now, Peter. Remember, all, if adjustments to the list are warranted, please let me know, for I'm the Yo-Yo maintaining it.

helloworld

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 03:38:38 PM

Was biddingpond the first true auction site or was there an earlier one?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 03:50:39 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2011, 02:40:43 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Was biddingpond the first true auction site or was there an earlier one?

Allow me to add it, helloworld, and if it's incorrect, the community will let me know. Thanks for the input.

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 08:56:37 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2011, 09:55:57 AM by Otoh

firsts that I'm curious to see:

first person that has a tattoo of a private code on them can be in QR also, suppose in a private place, or tats of public &/or private code on different body parts or 2 peeps that have one code each

first bribe paid in BTC, first blackmail demanded in BTC, first person sent to jail whilst conducting business in BTC, first offshore bank to offer anonymous BTC accounts, first TV & film that features BTC in the plot

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
helloworld

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 01:33:21 AM

first TV & film that features BTC in the plot

Yeah when is McGee going to trace some bad guy's payments through the block chain?
oneforall

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 02:14:23 AM

first song

http://www.youtube.com/user/bitcoinking
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 04:52:31 AM

It's added now, oneforall. Thank you kindly for your input.

ysoliman

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:31:01 AM

What about the brand new Bitcoin Keychain?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30799.40  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: