Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:11:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I invest $10,000 into Quark or Dogecoin?  (Read 19688 times)
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:29:53 PM

Thanks everyone....

Dogecoin was officially Hacked today, glad I didn't invest there.
My Quark investment made me 1.5X my $$ already.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Now that it's gone up to .16 cents, i'm ready to invest another $10k.

Not sure if it should be more Quark, or perhaps some Earthcoin, and Maybe some Zetacoin. Not too sure about the real new ones like Lottocoin or Catcoin though.
Does not seem to have much new purpose.
Any thoughts folks?

Dogecoin was hacked? What are you talking about?

Dogewallet.com, an outside website that a few Dogecoin users use, got hacked. That wouldn't be an issue for you - if you put $10,000 worth of coins in an online wallet, you're crazy.

I actually have over $10,000 in Dogecoin right now. It's a unique coin, because of the way it can and is marketed. At its current price, I think it's a great buy.

The Dogecoin thread now has over 400 pages, the subreddit has more subscribers than the Litecoin subreddit, there are more people Googling Dogecoin than literally any other coin except Bitcoin....the list just goes on and on. If you want to talk more, PM me your Skype and we can discuss.

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:31:21 PM

neither -get btc while its still cheap

this.

I'm grumpy!!
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:32:57 PM

Thanks everyone....

Not sure if it should be more Quark, or perhaps some Earthcoin, and Maybe some Zetacoin. Not too sure about the real new ones like Lottocoin or Catcoin though.
Any thoughts folks?

How do you know quark has reached 16 cents? Maximum I saw was at 12 today, where do you look?

It was .16 this morning. It's at about 14.5 now. Bter.com

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802

GCVMMWH

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:36:08 PM

IDK, Dogecoin seems reputable.

Dogecoin

Activity: 42

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: -6: -1 / +1(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Bitcoins101

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:41:47 PM

Dogecoin

You have got to be kidding me. Click on his Trust:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=181768

Some schmuck gave him negative trust for no reason, that's all.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:41:57 PM

Thanks everyone....

Any thoughts folks?

Dogewallet.com, an outside website that a few Dogecoin users use, got hacked. That wouldn't be an issue for you - if you put $10,000 worth of coin in an online wallet, you're crazy.

I actually have over $10,000 in Dogecoin right now (want proof? PM me). It's a unique coin, because of the way it can and is marketed. At its current price, I think it's a great buy.

The Dogecoin thread now has over 400 pages, the subreddit has more subscribers than the Litecoin subreddit, there are more people Googling Dogecoin than literally any other coin except Bitcoin....the list just goes on and on. If you want to talk more, PM me your Skype and we can discuss.

Dogecoin is far from unique. It's just a copy with a dogface on it with some meme. what's so unique about that? Quark is way more unique imo. It brings interesting features which are different and thats exacly what crypto world needs. Coins that aren't all just a copy, but innovative
Ardolafat

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:47:14 PM

Quark is a clone of Sifcoin
Bitcoins101

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:52:33 PM

Thanks everyone....

Any thoughts folks?

Dogewallet.com, an outside website that a few Dogecoin users use, got hacked. That wouldn't be an issue for you - if you put $10,000 worth of coin in an online wallet, you're crazy.

I actually have over $10,000 in Dogecoin right now. It's a unique coin, because of the way it can and is marketed. At its current price, I think it's a great buy.

Dogecoin is far from unique. It's just a copy with a dogface on it with some meme. what's so unique about that? Quark is way more unique imo. It brings interesting features which are different and thats exacly what crypto world needs. Coins that aren't all just a copy, but innovative

Dogecoin's marketing is unique. The creator is a marketer for Adobe.

Only 0.005% of the population understands the technical differences between various cryptocurrencies. Nearly 100% of us are susceptible to smart marketing, which Doge has - that's why it has grown so ridiculously fast. Good luck convincing 0.005% of the population that a certain coin is better than another coin for some geeky reason - I'd rather convince the rest of the population that Dogecoin is better, because they can actually relate to it.

A coin based on a meme, a coin that normal people can relate to, a coin that is marketed as less serious and more casual.....

That's not unique?

btcprice

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:53:02 PM

Doge is the veritable pump-and-dump. Look at how many threads have been started in the last couple weeks pumping it. Then look at how the price skyrocketed only to fall on its face, twice!

Get into quark until btc38.com offers it at which time it will skyrocket just like all the other coins that were offered by btc38.com. You will greatly improve your investment.
Joe_Bauers

GCVMMWH

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:58:58 PM

Dogecoin

If that's the case, the trust system should be fixed.

My point is, Dogecoin is at best:

1) A (brilliant) marketing gimmick and socioeconomic/game theory experiment.

2) Intentionally created by an outside party that views all cryptocurrencies as a threat and is intended to shed a negative light (trickling all the way to BTC) on all of them once the initial "joke" wears off.

3) Both.  
Bitcoins101

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:01:11 PM

Doge is the veritable pump-and-dump. Look at how many threads have been started in the last couple weeks pumping it. Then look at how the price skyrocketed only to fall on its face, twice!

Get into quark until btc38.com offers it at which time it will skyrocket just like all the other coins that were offered by btc38.com. You will greatly improve your investment.
So you're saying that someone created hundreds of thousands of bots and bought thousands of proxies to repeatedly search Google for "dogecoin?" Bought thousands of reddit accounts to give r/dogecoin more subscribers than r/litecoin and made sure that nearly 1,000 of these accounts stay on 24/7, which is more users than r/bitcoin normally has online? A plan like that would take months to execute and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The hype is real, buddy. Quark isn't bad, and I am invested in it to a certain degree, but it doesn't have what Doge has. Also, it has taken Quark months to do what Dogecoin has done in weeks. You can do what you want with your money, but I sure as hell wouldn't invest my money in Quark over Dogecoin.

Hordak

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:07:03 PM

I'm a noob, but I gather the price jumps are mostly caused by those auto-mining pools, which will mine whatever is most profitable atm and so artificially push the coin beyond it's "natural" growth. My guess is, that once the dogecoin's block rewards are halved twice or more though, the price will steadily and permanently rise. Aren't we still in the early days of the doge?
PokerDoberman

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:09:24 PM

Doge should crush soon for sure. Nothing behind this currency. But Quark have strong back on it. I think Quark should fire after New Year holidays.
Bitcoins101

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:10:03 PM

Dogecoin

If that's the case, the trust system should be fixed.

My point is, Dogecoin is at best:

1) A (brilliant) marketing gimmick and socioeconomic/game theory experiment.

2) Intentionally created by an outside party that views all cryptocurrencies as a threat and is intended to shed a negative light (trickling all the way to BTC) on all of them once the initial "joke" wears off.

3) Both.  

The one issue with all of this is that Dogecoin has been incredibly positive for the cryptocurrency community. Do you realize how many new people Dogecoin has brought into the market? We have people who have never given cryptocurrencies a second thought before lining up to buy Dogecoin. Many of these people will get involved with other cryptocurrencies as well, which is beneficial to the entire community.

I think with its $10,000,000 market cap, it's past the point where we can consider it a brilliant marketing gimmick or an experiment. It's spreading like wildfire throughout social media, the news, and even in person. I go to local bitcoin meetups regularly and it's all people are talking about.

I guess we'll just have to see. It's certainly possible that at some point Dogecoin will go out of style or fade away, but right now it has the momentum it needs to continue growing at an exponential rate.

meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:14:26 PM

Can anyone tell me the current size of the Doge blockchain?
suchnoob

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:17:55 PM

If you're the casual guy that wants to sit back and get returns in the long run - worldcoin
If you like speculating: doge
edit: I'd get Schamberk shares
Joe_Bauers

GCVMMWH

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:34:18 PM

The one issue with all of this is that Dogecoin has been incredibly positive for the cryptocurrency community. Do you realize how many new people Dogecoin has brought into the market? We have people who have never given cryptocurrencies a second thought before lining up to buy Dogecoin. Many of these people will get involved with other cryptocurrencies as well, which is beneficial to the entire community.

I think with its $10,000,000 market cap, it's past the point where we can consider it a brilliant marketing gimmick or an experiment. It's spreading like wildfire throughout social media, the news, and even in person. I go to local bitcoin meetups regularly and it's all people are talking about.

I guess we'll just have to see. It's certainly possible that at some point Dogecoin will go out of style or fade away, but right now it has the momentum it needs to continue growing at an exponential rate.

Or, it's a 21st century Pavlovian Dog(e) experiment that will (once the novelty/meme wears off) condition all those
"new people" to associate all cryptocurrencies as a novelty.

Hopefully you're right in what will certainly be a flood of meme coins being positive and staying positive for the community, but I highly doubt it.  In the memetime... (Embarrassed)  I personally can't wait to invest everything I own into DingFriesAreDoneCoin!!!
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 08:17:25 PM

One word... CATCOIN!  Invest in CATs!   Grin

bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:18:43 PM

I'm still waiting for Turtlecoin. The slow one always wins the race.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 01:44:52 AM

I'm still waiting for Turtlecoin. The slow one always wins the race.
Shocked Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.  Shocked
But your words are real and correct,
I hope very soon we will see that name in the coin also 
 CryCry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: