Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:48:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I invest $10,000 into Quark or Dogecoin?  (Read 19688 times)
Dogecoin

Activity: 141
Merit: 231

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:50:11 AM

One word... CATCOIN!  Invest in CATs!   Grin

I'm still waiting for Turtlecoin. The slow one always wins the race.

Haha, turtlecoin is a great bad idea. Block target of 20 minutes, etc.

Dogecoin developer comments

PMs are not read, please message individuals directly if needed.
btcprice

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:53:17 AM

Doge is the veritable pump-and-dump. Look at how many threads have been started in the last couple weeks pumping it. Then look at how the price skyrocketed only to fall on its face, twice!

Get into quark until btc38.com offers it at which time it will skyrocket just like all the other coins that were offered by btc38.com. You will greatly improve your investment.
So you're saying that someone created hundreds of thousands of bots and bought thousands of proxies to repeatedly search Google for "dogecoin?" Bought thousands of reddit accounts to give r/dogecoin more subscribers than r/litecoin and made sure that nearly 1,000 of these accounts stay on 24/7, which is more users than r/bitcoin normally has online? A plan like that would take months to execute and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The hype is real, buddy. Quark isn't bad, and I am invested in it to a certain degree, but it doesn't have what Doge has. Also, it has taken Quark months to do what Dogecoin has done in weeks. You can do what you want with your money, but I sure as hell wouldn't invest my money in Quark over Dogecoin.

I'm not saying that at all. Don't put words into my mouth. You don't need that many people to get people talking about it. It's a paid effort to post and then other people start talking about it so it gets pumped. Then dumped. Like we have already seen twice.
btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:55:35 AM

Doge is the veritable pump-and-dump. Look at how many threads have been started in the last couple weeks pumping it. Then look at how the price skyrocketed only to fall on its face, twice!

Get into quark until btc38.com offers it at which time it will skyrocket just like all the other coins that were offered by btc38.com. You will greatly improve your investment.
I'm a noob, but I gather the price jumps are mostly caused by those auto-mining pools, which will mine whatever is most profitable atm and so artificially push the coin beyond it's "natural" growth. My guess is, that once the dogecoin's block rewards are halved twice or more though, the price will steadily and permanently rise. Aren't we still in the early days of the doge?

People will move their automining pools to the coin that makes the most money. When the dogecoin gets dumped they go on to the next hot coin. People who buy at the top are left holding the bag.
burnum

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:56:52 AM

Shocked Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.  Shocked
But your words are real and correct,
I hope very soon we will see that name in the coin also 
 CryCry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
bitrebel makes reference to secret court type of material, i thought he would have patriotcoin on his wish list, not some walking soup animal, turtlecoin logo could look pretty cool, compared to the likes of kittehcoin anyway

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
WillBit

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:58:20 AM

https://i.imgur.com/aN7JTrt.png
https://i.imgur.com/KxxQD7n.png
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 06:27:18 AM

Watching on markets i heartly give you options of QRk, ZET, WDC, and even if you want you can collect millions and billions of CENT, COL, IFC and TIX
Dont forget BTC and LTC whic are mother and father of crypto

Bitcoin Machine

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:41:23 AM

Thanks everyone....

Dogecoin was officially Hacked today, glad I didn't invest there.
My Quark investment made me 1.5X my $$ already.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Now that it's gone up to .16 cents, i'm ready to invest another $10k.

Not sure if it should be more Quark, or perhaps some Earthcoin, and Maybe some Zetacoin. Not too sure about the real new ones like Lottocoin or Catcoin though.
Does not seem to have much new purpose.
Any thoughts folks?

Dogecoin was hacked? What are you talking about?

Dogewallet.com, an outside website that a few Dogecoin users use, got hacked. That wouldn't be an issue for you - if you put $10,000 worth of coin in an online wallet, you're crazy.

I actually have over $10,000 in Dogecoin right now. It's a unique coin, because of the way it can and is marketed. At its current price, I think it's a great buy.

The Dogecoin thread now has over 400 pages, the subreddit has more subscribers than the Litecoin subreddit, there are more people Googling Dogecoin than literally any other coin except Bitcoin....the list just goes on and on. If you want to talk more, PM me your Skype and we can discuss.

Dogecoin is far from unique. It's just a copy with a dogface on it with some meme. what's so unique about that? Quark is way more unique imo. It brings interesting features which are different and thats exacly what crypto world needs. Coins that aren't all just a copy, but innovative

Dogecoin's marketing is unique. The creator is a marketer for Adobe.

Only 0.005% of the population understands the technical differences between various cryptocurrencies. Nearly 100% of us are susceptible to smart marketing, which Doge has - that's why it has grown so ridiculously fast. Good luck convincing 0.005% of the population that a certain coin is better than another coin for some geeky reason - I'd rather convince the rest of the population that Dogecoin is better, because they can actually relate to it.

A coin based on a meme, a coin that normal people can relate to, a coin that is marketed as less serious and more casual.....

That's not unique?

This is very true. Majority of people want something they can easily relate to. Like their pet.    Anyone in marketing knows that something which looks friendly and fun will reach a larger market than something technical and geeky. 

Good branding, an excited community, large quantity rewards makes Dogecoin unique.

Dogecoin will most likely continue to spread like a virus on the Internet and bring many new people into the world of Cryptocurrency.  This alone has merit and should benefit Bitcoin and other Cryptos.

svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:03:47 AM

Haha, turtlecoin is a great bad idea. Block target of 20 minutes, etc.

I thought that was BitBars! ha

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:41:10 PM

Watching on markets i heartly give you options of QRk, ZET, WDC, and even if you want you can collect millions and billions of CENT, COL, IFC and TIX

BTC tried to bash LTC hard, but didn't succeed to stop it from shining. Now LTC is trying to do the same to QRK and doesn't like to see another rising coin. Obviously they don't give a shit about innovations and all care about money. QRK will shine though, because it really helped the crypto world going step forward with it's different features.
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:48:37 PM

We have all been wondering if there will be another coin that will surge in price like bitcoin and litecoin.

A lot of people have used the approach to mine and/or buy every coin because it is hard to be sure which Alt coin will turn out to be the next BIG ONE.

We now know!

It is Quark!

Quark has done something that no other coin has ever done. It increased in value by more than 1000x in less than 2 weeks. From 21 on Tuesday Nov 19 to 30000 on Sat Nov 30.

This huge increase is amazing.

How was it possible?

It is a result of the uniqueness of Quark's distribution.

All coins when first issued are raped and dumped by the botnets, farms etc. In fact no coin can overcome this relentless raping and dumping. All coins nearly die from it. Quark was no exception.

But because of Quark's distribution, nearly all of its coins have been minted, there can be no more raping and dumping. There is no more constant downward pressure on the price. Now the price can increase with time without constraints.

It is this natural price increase that is attractive to hedge fund investors and will result in Quark challenging litecoin's price of 0.025 btc and maybe even challenging bitcoin itself.

We have all wondered what will happen when a coin is fully mined. We now know. It is a price explosion!

I only hope that everybody got in on Quark before Nov 19. If not, it is not too late, there may be another factor of 1000x waiting in the wings. Big money is pouring into Quark!

cevirmen

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:54:30 PM

I think EZCoin is highly undervalued at the moment and as soon as cryptsy puts a btc market for it. It'll be 5x to 10x.

There's only 12 million EZCoin and it's just 2 cents for now. Digital coin has also 12 million coin but it's 10x Ezcoin value (25 cent) and I think EZCoin  have the potential to exceed Digitalcoin.

Just wait for ezc/btc market at Cryptsy for exploding.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:58:10 PM

BTC tried to bash LTC hard, but didn't succeed to stop it from shining. Now LTC is trying to do the same to QRK and doesn't like to see another rising coin. Obviously they don't give a shit about innovations and all care about money. QRK will shine though, because it really helped the crypto world going step forward with it's different features.

I agree, but I dislike the obvious pre-mining of QRK
And it lacks emotion appeal, the name of coin makes no sense and logo is weird.

First of all it was not pre mined http://www.quarkcoin.cc/2013/12/14/mythbuster-pre-mine-with-max-g-qrk-main-developer/. You are just repeating other haters for your own benefit.

Second If some of you were interested in alt coins in the first place you would have noticed it already. The Quark thread has been here for 6 months and very active. If you didn't see that than it's your own fault and need to check alternate crypto currencies more often. It was fairly announced and open to everyone to mine it who were interested.

Third 1 of the many reasons Quark attracted me and others was it's catchy name and design. I also don't like the boring grey LTC logo, but that doesn't mean anything.
customxyz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:58:52 PM

neither -get btc while its still cheap

this
mile108

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:00:14 PM

Invest in hardware! Long term investment that will pay off  Cool

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    ⚡ Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments ⚡
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
Low Fees ✲ ✲ Truly Anonymous TransactionsJoin the discussion thread
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:01:36 PM

neither -get btc while its still cheap

this

We are not in 2009. You can earn more with other potential coins than just buying BTC.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:23:21 PM

Quark is a clone of Sifcoin

Quote from lead dev on quark -

Hi

There has been requests for more information about the history and design of the Quark cryptocurrency:

Quark was inspired by a cryptocurrency called SIF coin (short for Simple Inflationary Fork) released in the Russian forums on bitcointalk.

The innovation in SIF coin was to use multiple hashing algorithms in a chain to produce a more secure hash. SIF also turned the Bitcoin model of a deflationary currency into an inflationary currency.

I realised the SIF hashing could be made even more secure by adding another 3 random rounds of hashing to the sequence. This would also make GPU and ASIC implementations even more difficult.

In my opinion, I also did not think the type of inflationary model used in SIF coin would work well, although I did not disagree with the concept of a small inflation.

The reasoning behind the six month mining period was to get over the main money expansion period as soon as possible. Coins like Bitcoin are still in a huge inflationary phase (i.e. inflation meaning expansion of money supply). Quark will soon reach the phase where the money supply reaches an equilibrium with only a small inflation. Whether this economic model is better or worse than the other models out there is an open topic.

Hope this helps in explaining some of the design decisions.

Regards
Max

Quarks price reflects nearly all the available mining supply there will ever be, it's worth noting Dogecoins mining cycle is only 15 billion into its total of 100 billion before investing you need to be 100% sure Dogecoin can hold its current price through this inflationary curve. Basing it off a meme can work in the short term but will it have legs over the long term.

quark it's obviously at it weakest price now as every effort to destroy it has come and gone. Early miners who sold and any and all that simply follow the "scam" mantra plus those that simply follow bitcointalk trends will be left behind as quark gains momentum through 2014, one major plus point too is that quark is gaining adoption outside of the crypto community as such is not gaining market share through taking market share from other coins this will become all the more apparent through the first quarter of 2014.

As to what you should invest in - do your own research  Grin

Bitrated user: Mick.
Kenta

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:37:09 PM

It's so hard to mine Quark now that I can sell every hour mined of Doge or Grand for BitCoins - then buy 24hours mining worth of Quark.

And that's exactly what I do!

I believe the price of Quark will increase early next year, when trading opens on that big Chinese exchange.

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
flagel8

Activity: 188

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:36:26 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 07:48:28 PM by flagel8

....is that Dogecoin has been incredibly positive for the cryptocurrency community. Do you realize how many new people Dogecoin has brought into the market? We have people who have never given cryptocurrencies a second thought before lining up to buy Dogecoin. Many of these people will get involved with other cryptocurrencies as well, which is beneficial to the entire community.

I think with its $10,000,000 market cap, it's past the point where we can consider it a brilliant marketing gimmick or an experiment. It's spreading like wildfire throughout social media, the news, and even in person. I go to local bitcoin meetups regularly and it's all people are talking about.

I guess we'll just have to see. It's certainly possible that at some point Dogecoin will go out of style or fade away, but right now it has the momentum it needs to continue growing at an exponential rate.

...This is very true. Majority of people want something they can easily relate to. Like their pet.    Anyone in marketing knows that something which looks friendly and fun will reach a larger market than something technical and geeky.  

Good branding, an excited community, large quantity rewards makes Dogecoin unique.

Dogecoin will most likely continue to spread like a virus on the Internet and bring many new people into the world of Cryptocurrency.  This alone has merit and should benefit Bitcoin and other Cryptos.

and to quote Wekkel and some guy called flagel8:

I think that Doge will go further than anyone could imagine. Not the value perse the actual use as Internet money...

Agree. You should peruse the Dogecoin Reddit. Very friendly, very helpful. And humans are GLEEFULLY tipping each other in Dogecoin. It's being USED as a currency, something that SOME coins have a strong resistance to.

Remember Napster? Myspace? Netscape?

I believe in Bitcoin. But I could be wrong. I also believe in Dogecoin, and plan to get some.

And on the Dogecoin sub-reddit I found this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1u2z69/bitcoin_why_not_dogecoin/

Bitcoin ? Why not dogecoin ? by XXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxx

[–XXXXXXXXXXX 1 point 1 day ago

“That's what i thought at first. But I've been trying to get my friends into Bitcoin since I first learned about it. They humor me, but probably roll their eyes a bit whenever the topic comes up.

But yesterday I e-mailed an acquaintance about their dog, who just had an operation, and just because we happened to be on about dogs in general I posted a link to the Dogecoin.com website saying, " Have you heard about this?"

A few hours later she e-mailed me back telling me that she was tracking the Dogecoin price on her tablet... How she got coin, I don't yet know. Maybe a faucet? People WANT this.”

You can talk technical this and that, but at the end of the day, people love this coin, and I have become a huge fan.

sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:47:41 PM

Jesus Christ, I didn't even read the last 9 pages, I just saw the title and jumped right here.  I simply cannot fathom the thought of investing $10,000 into QRK, let alone DOGE?!?!?!  Are you high or just dead set on losing that $10,000?  If you want, send the $10,000 to me and I will burn it for you.

Seriously, just take your $10,000 and buy BTC.  Sit on it for a year and thank me when you look back and see QRK and DOGE dumped and forgotten.
boxuser

Activity: 322

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:59:11 PM

well you could always go ahead and invest in multiple coins and not just in 1 like 50/50 or maybe 1000$ each in 10 different coins

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: