Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:00:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast thread derailment part 3  (Read 3394 times)
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:14:39 PM

We are Swedish miners that are producing our own ASIC miners to strengthen the market and avoid monopoly.
Our company kncminer is pleased to announce the opening of a brand new web shop dedicated to the online sale of Bitcoin hardware to the international community, www.kncminer.com.

We will in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)

Let me guess... KNC didn't really post that, right?  Someone else posing as KNC did?

You're the only one talking whack here, my friend, sorry.

How can you be so stupid and be still alive?

KNC was 2 months away from taking any orders/customers' money when this statement was made.
It is even mentioned there in the text you just copied.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CYPER

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:23:04 PM

We are Swedish miners that are producing our own ASIC miners to strengthen the market and avoid monopoly.
Our company kncminer is pleased to announce the opening of a brand new web shop dedicated to the online sale of Bitcoin hardware to the international community, www.kncminer.com.

We will in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)

Let me guess... KNC didn't really post that, right?  Someone else posing as KNC did?

How can you be so stupid and be still alive?

KNC was 2 months away from taking any orders/customers' money when this statement was made.

CYPER, you are living proof that a brain dead, drooling moron without a single coherent thought available for anything beyond respiration is capable of posting here.  Compared to you, roadkill is Stephen Hawking.

I am not the one making a stupid claim, like: "KNC were months late" and then backing it up with a proof that contain a contradiction within itself.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:37:00 PM

No, you're just babbling incoherently like an idiot.

Classic. When you're losing the argument, resort to insults.

Buy & Hold
CYPER

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:40:12 PM

I can't say I am surprised. After all he is a cheat and a crook.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:40:30 PM

The problem with those stupid techniques is that they only work for a limited time on a limited population. Ice simply gave up. You should evolve as well, josh.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
CYPER

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:43:38 PM

The problem with those stupid techniques is that they only work for a limited time on a limited population. Ice simply gave up. You should evolve as well, josh.

Unfortunately evolution takes time. You can't expect a dancing money to turn into an intelligent human being overnight.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:48:12 PM

So, you're saying KNC was lying then?  Please explain this quote if I am wrong:

Let me guess... KNC didn't really post that, right?  Someone else posing as KNC did?

I'm nobody's fool, so quit trying this crap with me, i'm certainly not taking you for one.

The quote you keep throwing around was from Andreas's very first post in the forum. They hadn't finalised anything at that point. Originally they wanted to make an approx $5k machine where upon the first 500 paid x amount up front, and then the rest at a later date, and then a following 500 would pay at the later date.

They were putting the feelers out to see if 1,000 would bite, at which point they could work with a reputable ASIC design consultancy - ORSoC they had spoken to and poss hit the funding target required with a viable amount of numbers. They knew a figure of approx $5m was required to breakeven and fund NRE for silicon, components, manufacturing, labour, etc..

ORSoC had already worked with high frequency trading platforms and had followed Bitcoin with interest, but any idea lacking any substantial volume of potential interest to cover base costs, no dice.

Marcus (ORSoC) had already said screw the original idea if you want to do this you need to aim for 28nm straight away, as it's only a matter before someone else competent will. Mars was only ever a proof of concept, but they aimed to sell it at one point with a summer delivery, although again that had nothing to do with the original summer quote. Mars became surplus to requirement build wise and would have only have slowed the main project down. Jupiter was first suggested as a 250 Gh/s unit, then 350, then 400, before arriving at 550. Real engineers state targets they know they can reach, not best case simulations as other factors come into play w.r.t. to power and heat, only when something of statistical significance suggest otherwise can you with a degree of confidence claim otherwise. Optimistic BS that the crowd want to hear  is marketing, not engineering.

The Summer delivery date was never factored at the point of sale when the order book was opened. That's the crucial difference.

Entering a thread putting the feelers out to gauge a reaction to a hypothetical intention is no committal. When you take money and lay the deal out is what matters, both in terms of integrity and legality.

Claiming you will deliver a 600gh/s PCI-E based 28nm using a fab with known yield issues at 28 in December whilst taking payment was a contract, not a hypothetical statement to generate interest. There's a difference, and it's December btw...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:49:59 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 10:11:55 PM by Tehfiend

ITT: A case study on cognitive dissonance provided by subject Josh "2 more weeks" Zerlan

I feel kind of bad for the guy now. I just imagine him sitting at his computer on Christmas Eve desperately typing out these insults trying to hold onto his delusion that BFL has not been an absolute failure and borderline scam. KNC's ability to bring a 28NM ASIC miner to market in one quarter must really be giving him a cognitive dissonance flare up...

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:56:30 PM

I'm nobody's fool, so quit trying this crap with me, i'm certainly not taking you for one.

Don't feed tard trolls please!

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:57:35 PM

Claiming you will deliver a 600gh/s PCI-E based 28nm using a fab with known yield issues at 28 in December whilst taking payment was a contract, not a hypothetical statement to generate interest. There's a difference, and it's December btw...

They're still selling product based on Nov/Dec for shipping.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/

November / December    Initial Shipping

Buy & Hold
stan258

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

You and the trolls like you are the explicit example of who's fault it is.
Hey josh, how are you doing? Have you tried to install the blockchain app on your android yet? Do you still need lessons?

Lol.
dbasql

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:19:44 PM

ITT: A case study on cognitive dissonance provided by subject Josh "2 more weeks" Zerlan

I feel kind of bad for the guy now. I just imagine him sitting at his computer on Christmas Eve desperately typing out these insults trying to hold onto his delusion that BFL has not been an absolute failure and a borderline scam. KNC's ability to bring a 28NM ASIC miner to market in one quarter must really be giving him a cognitive dissonance flare up...

Fixed but well put
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:31:15 PM

Please just leave the bitcoins community alone. You've got to be the most hated person in the bitcoins world. Why you post is beyond me..

Avalanche is a must own
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:03:51 AM

Pass the popcorn and Merry Christmas, fellas!
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:10:14 AM

This thread is way more interesting than the hash fast thread.

Now if only they would post some information somewhere.  Their website... Twitter... The forum... Sky writing...  Telepathy... Whatever... I'm not particular.

Any clairvoyants on the boards?
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:10:55 AM

Seriously... I've got to imagine it's the most desperate and/or pathetic that still somehow thinks Bitcointalk is the nexus of the bitcoin universe?  What an insular world you must live in heh...  When are you going to realize that Bitcointalk is irrelevant to the bitcoin world?

Let's see you put your money where your mouth is:

7 @ 1.25

$5700 per week on advertising on this forum. Clearly you don't really believe Bitcointalk is irrelevant, or you wouldn't be dumping that kind of money into it.

Buy & Hold
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:11:31 AM

Oh noes!  I'm the most hated guy in a sewer!  It's going to keep me awake at night!
Seriously... I've got to imagine it's the most desperate and/or pathetic that still somehow thinks Bitcointalk is the nexus of the bitcoin universe?  What an insular world you must live in heh...  When are you going to realize that Bitcointalk is irrelevant to the bitcoin world?  It could disappear today and it wouldn't make a hill of beans difference to anyone important.  The only people hanging around and taking this forum seriously are the trolls.

Why do you keep spending time and money to advertise on such an irrelevant forum that you regard so poorly ?
madmax_ger

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:15:10 AM

Josh is probably taking a % of HF profits due to it's suggestions to john. So there is really no point in asking him it's opinion on HF. I will always remember how sure he was that KNC was gonna be late when we meet, it must have been because he knew that KNC was legit.

And I was right... KNC was late.  They promised summer delivery and didn't deliver until, what... October?

KNC promised summer delivery on there FPGA protot ype of like 80gh or some such..FPGA unit ...forget the name......the btc community said it was too small too high priced..so they changed it to their proof of concept prototype...and did not deliver that in the summer they delivered their orig ASIC as they stated on time org 250gh was the estimated gh....always stated that for the fall ie sept  (or 1 week late for some folk)....so no the ASIC 400gh stated at the end became current ad  (which they gave us the other 550 gh for free mine does 555gh) was on time +/- a week....so don't spread false info.....ASIC we are talking here.

Does it hurt to be so wrong all the time?

My Jala ordered@7ghs is running at > 50% error rate with 6 ghs and your support tells me to send it back at my costs (germany - usa) to get it repaired, knowing that my shipping costs will just make things even worse.

When I ordered you said new orders will be shipped in 2 months. After 6 months you shipped mine, finally. No need to say anything more.

Compare that to KNC.

http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php - check it out!next difficulty + time leftcustomizable monthly (diff + USD/BTC) increasements device lead timeupdate: auto-compares device costs to BTC-buy profit ♥ 1btciBCKb59TbzNj5QzC2EXWDARxtJL1f
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:48:52 AM

My Jala ordered@7ghs is running at > 50% error rate with 6 ghs and your support tells me to send it back at my costs (germany - usa) to get it repaired, knowing that my shipping costs will just make things even worse.

When I ordered you said new orders will be shipped in 2 months. After 6 months you shipped mine, finally. No need to say anything more.

And since you haven't returned it for RMA, you're what Josh considers "a happy customer". BFL has *a lot* of "happy customers".

Buy & Hold
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 03:10:32 AM

When are you going to realize that Bitcointalk is irrelevant to the bitcoin world?  It could disappear today and it wouldn't make a hill of beans difference to anyone important.  The only people hanging around and taking this forum seriously are the trolls.

I disagree, but unfortunately must admit when moderators like Gmaxwell refuse to enforce their own rules, then start violating them, it ruins the old, information-based approach to the Custom Hardware sub.

Thanks to Gmaxwell's butthurt and resulting shitty moderation, the HashFast thread now looks like the Activemining trainwreck.

A tiny but loud minority of disgruntled customers (cedivad, perezozo, gmaxwell, and a couple others) have been allowed to ruin a thread that served to provide information for hundreds of actual and thousands of potential HashFast customers.

Just as the Activemining trainwreck reflects poorly on the board and community as a whole, Gmaxwell's intentionally trashed HashFast thread serves as a beacon, to warn those interested in facts and logic away to seek greener pastures.

Gmaxwell's sub rules say 'don't make a ton of duplicate theads' but instead of deleting off-topic trolling/derailment/harassment, he promotes such rubbishy noise to independent threads.

Source: this thread.  And more.

How does hurting Hashfast customers (by allowing their thread to be ruined) in any way achive Gmaxwell's goal of punishing HashFast the company?

It doesn't.  But he doesn't care, as he is too emotionally invested in harming HashFast in any way possible.  Like a bitter ex-wife.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
██████