View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:46:46 PM

Can rename it to Vsiacoin.

Why can't Visacoin be Vscoin or VSC we all know it's still visa coin.
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:01:34 PM

Or just VCoin.  XVC trading code
opticalcarrier

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:07:33 PM

I think this has gone on long enough.  I'm sending this over to Visa's legal department, see what they think about this nonsense. And for "VisaCoin"...

Trademarks and Brand Names
The trademarks, logos and service marks, whether registered or unregistered (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Visa Site are Trademarks of Visa and others. VISA®, the Three Bands Design Mark®, CLASSIC®, the Comet Design Mark®, the Dove Design Mark®, ELECTRON®, ENTREE®, the Impulse Design Mark®, INTERLINK®, the Network Design Mark®, PLUS®, the PLUS Design Mark®, and It's Everywhere You Want To Be® are registered Trademarks of Visa in the United States and other countries (trademark denotations on the Visa Site indicate federal registrations in the United States). Nothing contained on the Visa Site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Visa Site without the written permission of Visa or such third party that may own the Trademark. Misuse of any Trademarks, or any other content, displayed on the Visa Site is prohibited. Visa aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights, including via civil and criminal proceedings.

Highlighted the relevant parts for you.

Who the fck cares about US trademarks? The OP certainly not.

Who would Visa want to file a lawsuit against? There is nobody to reach.

... this project itself is a different story

Visa is trademarked in most countries in the world on the just the US, read their terms.

They also have a history of aggressively crushing anyone that conflicts with their trademark

I think this is a concern that the dev should address here if this is to be a long term project

You sure are right, but as you can see there is not even a reply. The unknown dev resides in cryptoanarchy and is not going to care about trademarks, you see.

what you did not think about, however, was how VISA will come after any forums sites that "harbor" threads about visacoin or VSC.  Thus forcing bitcointalk and other sites to censor threads on VSC.

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:31:24 PM

So maybe if nothing else they could send the forum itself a cease and desist for aiding and abetting "conspiracy to violate a Trademark" or some such.
The forum is operate anon too.
panonym

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Help and Love one another ♥

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:35:38 PM

This is nice.
juta9821

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:15:01 PM

ok then so is there anyone here who has sent BTC but hasnt heard back yet?

I sent 0.56449121 BTC
Coinsy

Activity: 163

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:32:23 PM

I think this has gone on long enough.  I'm sending this over to Visa's legal department, see what they think about this nonsense. And for "VisaCoin"...

The trademarks, logos and service marks, whether registered or unregistered (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Visa Site are Trademarks of Visa and others. VISA®, the Three Bands Design Mark®, CLASSIC®, the Comet Design Mark®, the Dove Design Mark®, ELECTRON®, ENTREE®, the Impulse Design Mark®, INTERLINK®, the Network Design Mark®, PLUS®, the PLUS Design Mark®, and It's Everywhere You Want To Be® are registered Trademarks of Visa in the United States and other countries (trademark denotations on the Visa Site indicate federal registrations in the United States). Nothing contained on the Visa Site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Visa Site without the written permission of Visa or such third party that may own the Trademark. Misuse of any Trademarks, or any other content, displayed on the Visa Site is prohibited. Visa aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights, including via civil and criminal proceedings.

You're such a tool.  You sent this forum thread to Visa's legal department? Great job. "This has gone on long enough" What, two weeks? If it becomes an issue and needs to be changed it will be a quick and easy fix. I don't know why everyone is breaking a sweat over the name. Relax. Side note: jesus already at nearly 80 BTC for the donation fund, what the hell happened yesterday? Awesome stuff.
panonym

Activity: 266

Help and Love one another ♥

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:02:07 PM

You guys are insane...

Note that 80% of the coin incoming may be from the poster itself.
We certainly have 20% of fools among us.

So there is Mastercoin, Next, Visacoin, Imagine coin, Aerocoin, Intercoin.
I should make a gremlins coin!
Can somebody create yet another topic, some very mysteriouz text, make me a gremlins meme of two.
Here: post this address as genesis maker 12tdgzDqhifuxbHdZ8ptustxqEEUhFfFhv

Exclusively and just for you - as you will do all the job for me - I will give you 1% of all the income! Amaziiiiiing!

Even more!  You have the possibility to give it back to me and later I will give you 10% of all my share in all those exceptional newnamecoin.
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:44:31 PM

You guys are insane...

Note that 80% of the coin incoming may be from the poster itself.
We certainly have 20% of fools among us.

So there is Mastercoin, Next, Visacoin, Imagine coin, Aerocoin, Intercoin.
I should make a gremlins coin!
Can somebody create yet another topic, some very mysteriouz text, make me a gremlins meme of two.
Here: post this address as genesis maker 12tdgzDqhifuxbHdZ8ptustxqEEUhFfFhv

Exclusively and just for you - as you will do all the job for me - I will give you 1% of all the income! Amaziiiiiing!

Even more!  You have the possibility to give it back to me and later I will give you 10% of all my share in all those exceptional newnamecoin.
lol
imperatron

Activity: 459

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:50:34 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389691.0

How many...?
Drexme

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:33:06 PM

I agree, just drop the 'a'
and leave it as Viscoin

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:53:17 PM

what about WCcoin? Smiley
yorich

Activity: 129

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:22:53 AM

You're such a tool.  You sent this forum thread to Visa's legal department? Great job. "This has gone on long enough" What, two weeks? If it becomes an issue and needs to be changed it will be a quick and easy fix. I don't know why everyone is breaking a sweat over the name. Relax. Side note: jesus already at nearly 80 BTC for the donation fund, what the hell happened yesterday? Awesome stuff.

On the contrary,  The OP clearly doesn't understand copyright/trademarks, and isn't taking this seriously.  It's better this gets shutdown/name changed sooner rather than later, before even more people part with their hard earned BTC.   Would you rather invest dozens or hundreds of bitcoins and/or hours of mining/electricity into a project that just gets shut down later?

Sooner is better than later good sir.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 05:56:56 AM

So maybe if nothing else they could send the forum itself a cease and desist for aiding and abetting "conspiracy to violate a Trademark" or some such.

It is a dot org domain, thus well within U.S. ability to shut down / seize.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:00:17 AM

markm: Man, stay real. Forums domains don't get sized because of one thread.
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:04:31 AM

It is a dot org domain, thus well within U.S. ability to shut down / seize.

-MarkM-

If the US shuts down an .org domain, another TLD which is not in their reach pops up immediately...
opticalcarrier

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:43:19 AM

Good grief people....  op has another thread for the naming issue. Go argue over there.  op you may want to make this very clearinthe op.

And while the domain wouldnt get siezed right off, the site could get shut down if it ignored a cease and desist order which VISA would easily get gramted
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:11:37 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 11:26:17 PM by Jaguar0625

Really interesting coin! And it has already raised more than 4x what NXT did during its presale. Greater participation early on should help it combat NXT's biggest problems, which are (lack of) distribution and hoarding.

Sent 0.2 BTC

NEM - nem.io
wiseye

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:52:08 PM

Really interesting coin! And it has already raised more than 4x what NXT did during its presale. Greater participation early on should help it combat NXT's biggest problems, which are (lack of) distribution and hoarding.

Sent 0.2 BTC

Get any reply yet?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: