Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:31:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook is going to launch cryptocurrency?  (Read 540 times)
kavin9009 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:43:03 PM

Facebook is going to launch cryptocurrency? I read an article on ExpertBitcoiner website

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Janienregado1992

Activity: 169

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:55:02 PM

Maybe or next years !! But when FACEBOOK CRYPTO CURRENCY but this is first i heard this ?! Lets wait for they anounce of all moderator,,
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:59:02 PM

Facebook is going to launch cryptocurrency?
Well what can we expect after hiring a blockchain expert, David Marcus?

Facebook Hires Coinbase Board Member To Lead Blockchain Initiative

And there's too many news so it's obvious now that they will create their facebook coin/token.

Facebook expected to launch own cryptocurrency following reports of hires to newly formed Blockchain team

Facebook Reportedly Considering Its Own Cryptocurrency

Signature for rent
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 12:04:51 AM

And there's too many news so it's obvious now that they will create their facebook coin/token.

Facebook expected to launch own cryptocurrency following reports of hires to newly formed Blockchain team

The news about Facebook launching own cryptocurrency is a welcome development for the entire crypto community because with their more than $533 present market capitalization they will blow the crypto market. Thanks for the supply of this amazing information. The news is timely.

HOMT

Powered by,
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:07:17 AM

Generally what I have seen or read is that lots of these companies are looking at the blockchain and how it can help. It doesn't mean those are launching their own currency if I understand correctly from the reports.
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:10:23 AM

They definitely have some token in mind for their payment system on facebook/instagram. It seems like Bitcoin has yet to go through the whole "intranet phase" where companies start creating their own cryptos instead of using an open borderless one like Bitcoin. I do believe the first time your average joe uses crypto would be a token created by a major company like Facebook. God, I can see it now. FaceBucks will be the name.

Would this good or bad? I mean on one hand it gives users a chance to experience the tech, but on the other hand I think it could be bad for Bitcoin. Every company could have their own token and use atomic swaps (or something similar) to exchange tokens between eachother i.e FaceBucks for MicrosoftCoins.
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:21:12 AM

ahaa! because I read an article somewhere but cannot recall. That's fascinating and astonishing as well. So now they like to join meanwhile they tried to persecute us. Cheesy
cryptomoon1004

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:24:19 AM

It may work.. I have always wanted corporations to get into cryptos , and I have good reasons to believe my trust that it will happen - sooner or later...

CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:27:04 AM

Hopefully it will be implemented, and it is for the total good development of cryptocurrency business, because majority of people in the world were fan on accessing facebook, so to those people who access facebook can determine and knows about cryptocurrency on how crypto really works for peoples lifes, by the information and direct advertisements from facebook as one of crypto coin creator.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
kiw_91

Activity: 291

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:30:01 AM

Facebook is proceeding slowly with cryptocurrency make sense, given that this particular area of blockchain technology has had some challenges. Payments using cryptocurrency are expensive and slow at the moment, a lot of issues need to be fixed first before Facebook will do anything. Facebook using cryptocurrency for payments makes sense. There are billions of people around the world that use the social media both for work and in their free-time. I can definitely see the reason but i wont be seeing it in soon.
TrustyShackleford666

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:33:30 AM

Well that's one coin that I will never trust or invest in, I would even invest in Bitconnect instead if I had to pick from one of the two.

The only thing Facebook is good for is making tons of fake accounts to promote airdrops for free stuff. I will never give that trash company anything more but spam to clean up for my own profit, and lots of images of john redcorn and dale gribble.

I have completely grown out of social media (it really is a hub for do-nothings that like drama and being data harvested), but some of the sites like Steemit, Medium, Twitter, etc don't seem to be as scummy and useless.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:35:02 AM

Facebook is proceeding slowly with cryptocurrency make sense, given that this particular area of blockchain technology has had some challenges. Payments using cryptocurrency are expensive and slow at the moment, a lot of issues need to be fixed first before Facebook will do anything. Facebook using cryptocurrency for payments makes sense. There are billions of people around the world that use the social media both for work and in their free-time. I can definitely see the reason but i wont be seeing it in soon.
the facebook launch their owned cryptocurrency. I think it qouls be good fpr those who have facebook social media account. because facebook have a big role in communications we can't deny it and there's so many user. I am looking forward to this coin, but I hope that it will be good characteristic and more reliable and usability
staywoke081

Activity: 211

Santa Coin

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:36:44 AM

Who cares? It will most likely fail like the Telegram ICO that is going to happen soon. I can't see these centralized tokens or coins gaining much traction, especially given the recent privacy scandals that have arisen due to social media websites.

veejay2716

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:39:51 AM

Facebook is going to launch cryptocurrency? I read an article on ExpertBitcoiner website
Well, that is Great news for all of us, facebook is a worlwide used of almost people in the world, so it easy for all of us to know the latest update going on cryptocurrency.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:42:19 AM

that's not what I heard but the facebook is allegedly leaking user data and getting reports. all user data unmasked. that's what I heard.
vrabac68

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:51:07 AM

Offcourse they are going to create their own token like we all will do it one day in the future.You can expect 1 million cryptocurrencies in next 5 to 10 years.I plan to create mine one day
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:33:03 PM

The news about Facebook launching own cryptocurrency is a welcome development for the entire crypto community because with their more than $533 present market capitalization they will blow the crypto market. Thanks for the supply of this amazing information. The news is timely.
The news is timely and this is at the right time after Mark Zuckerberg told everyone that he's starting to make deeper research about it.

What others are whining is that after declaring the ban of crypto ads on that platform, it's readable that his move is to gain something for their own purpose.

Well played facebook though this is a good development for the crypto.

Signature for rent
Syka

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:35:55 PM

so what do you think, will others follow as well, like twiter, insta etc, making theirown coin?
Fioraver

Activity: 472

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:37:35 PM

Maybe they will launch cryptocurrency, but why exactly do they need it? Facebook itself is bigger than the whole market cap for all coins. How big is this coin going to be, to make sense?

bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:39:56 PM

Proof of that? don;t say without statemetn from facebook official. News should be fact, if only thread about something not to be trusted. Just say until now FB ban ICO ads. That is the fact now. Google will also do the same, but I am not sure if they are not interested in the delicious of bread crumb of cryptocurrency.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: