Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:12:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Scam - No more  (Read 2039 times)
washing.machine

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:45:14 AM

I used to invest in bitcoin and I met scam, so sad
Perhaps you are not investing in Bitcoin, but you are investing in coins from unspecified ICO projects that offer their coins with the lure of big bonuses. While their own coins have not been in the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:45:47 AM

#consensus2018

The narrative has changed. It used to be “Is Bitcoin a scam?” now it’s “ how high do you think the price will go”.
Institutional money is on its way people.

Matthew Goetz from 'Block Tower Capital' stated in front of a capacity crowd at Consensus;
"Bitcoin to 60k in 2018"

Goldman Sachs are already well and truly in the space.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldelcastillo/2018/05/15/circle-raised-110m-to-build-ethereum-coin-backed-by-dollars/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_content=1535467440&utm_campaign=sprinklrForbesCrypto#597a81f81ee1

Twitter:@BoomerCapital
Web: boomerangcapital.org
I do not think the price of bitcoin is $ 60k. That is impossible, because its real value is not worth it. Bitcoin founder and CEO is still anonymous, we can not appreciate its true value. So we can not evaluate the average value of it.
If things are not clear in the future, Bitcoin will be destroyed like Warren Buffett's comment.

Why do you think it's impossible to go to 60k? That makes no sense it's completely possible, (likely in 2018 that's another debate) but there's a lot of money in the world and once at least 10% of it get's into crypto 60k will seem cheap....
papeTyler

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:51:39 AM

I'm a new student about Bitcoin,but I think its It's a real value.It exists and changes in the eyes of all of us, and all people are involved, but many times people do not want to accept new things. Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed
Alexmagn84

Activity: 517
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:56:57 AM

yes, Bitcoin is a biggest scam.
Lol hy how you tell them bitcoin scam?how you understand bitcoin scam? We are want to explain and proof. Are you crazy people. You can explain here your full opinion, why you tell them bitcoin scam?
Bitcoin will be never scam.l also believed them.

Vertex_ICO

Activity: 602
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:57:46 AM

Bitcoin is definitely not a scam.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:26:12 AM

Well there are still plenty of "nay-sayers" out there, that still claim that bitcoin is useless and can't act neither as a currency or as a store of value (Bill Gates joined that party apparently these days), but I would agree that the majority of "important people", or basically "rich guys" with a lot of influence, are starting to see the benefits of blockchain and bitcoin itself. Indeed everyone is speculating that if 2017 was the year bitcoin hit mainstream awareness, 2018 will be the year where it will get institutional adoption.

Big companies like Circle (financial sector) or samsung (for the mining industry), or even exchanges like coinbase, are spending millions to invest in bitcoin and blockchain related infrastructures, so it would be hard to believe that they were just wasting money with these investments, so I guess that something is coming up during this year for sure.

I don't really like speculation, and all of this is of course just speculation. I do believe in bitcoin potential though, so let's wait and see.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:06:12 AM

#consensus2018

The narrative has changed. It used to be “Is Bitcoin a scam?” now it’s “ how high do you think the price will go”.

Matthew Goetz from 'Block Tower Capital' stated in front of a capacity crowd at Consensus;
"Bitcoin to 60k in 2018"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldelcastillo/2018/05/15/circle-raised-110m-to-build-ethereum-coin-backed-by-dollars/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_content=1535467440&utm_campaign=sprinklrForbesCrypto#597a81f81ee1

It's defintiely interesting to see how people's perception towards bitcoin can change so quickly. It's almost like the public and the press have extremely short term memory. Previously, people were accusing bitcoin of being a scam, being a ponzi scheme, etc., as you mentioned. But now, it is really legitimized as a currency, as an investment and as a financial asset due to it going mainstream.

It's all very good news, and it's steps towards the right direction.

There are still going to be doubters, as seen by Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, two recent examples. But over the long run, the potential that bitcoin holds as a form of money will be realized. And that success shouldn't be measured by price alone.

Smiley
saffira

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:30:05 AM

It is the public first impression especially if they do not understand what it is.
I believe bitcoin is not scam. It is the people who use it to scam others. Some use to on business that promises big income. Bitcoin is really valuable and convertible to cash.
Bhalibad

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:33:58 AM

#consensus2018

"Bitcoin to 60k in 2018"

I do not think the price of bitcoin is $ 60k. That is impossible, because its real value is not worth it. Bitcoin founder and CEO is still anonymous, we can not appreciate its true value. So we can not evaluate the average value of it.
If things are not clear in the future, Bitcoin will be destroyed like Warren Buffett's comment.

As I  think Bitcoin is not a scam as what I have heard all around here bitcoin can help the financial needs of some people who have their bitcoins..
Wagako

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:38:42 AM

#consensus2018

"Bitcoin to 60k in 2018"

Well it is good that the perception of people about bitcoin changes. We, who earned bitcoin in a good way without any capital they called us a scammer because they still believe that bitcoin is a scam and there perception about us who earned bitcoin is the same the way they see bitcoin. So it's a good news for us that the thing we did here is not scamming

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:29:18 AM

#consensus2018

"Bitcoin to 60k in 2018"

Well this same question i made when the first introduction of my friend that teaches me this,because at that time pyramid scams and online scamming is rampant so i had no good thoughts about anything that im not familiar.

Not until i learn and entered this community and read lots of great things about bitcoin and all its altcoins thats why until now i trust and thankful about this coin
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:35:52 AM

A scam is that which there is no traceable location, legit business, or product engagement. A scam is a crafty usually bogus payouts that appeals to the naive and gullible.
The bitcoin does not and cannot fit into this category even though there is not a location, there is a product: Bitcoin. The ledger and essence of the bitcoin is to create a new and fundamental yet revolutionary approach to the way transactions, records and financial activities are carried out.

rolerVX

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:03:11 PM

It was already proven that bitcoin wasn't a scam so it should be how far bitcoin will reach in the future era of crypto currency.
Bitcoin did something new history in the world and more people gain decent earnings from bitcoin. So it is clear not scam.
I think 60k is possible to reach not impossible.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:13:50 PM

no Bitcoin is no scam, never was - some people rob greedy fools with almost anything, not only Bitcoin. if anyone feels Bitcoin a Ponzi or Scam - he/she should consult a good doctor.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:26:41 PM

yes, Bitcoin is a biggest scam.
Looking at your post history is kinda contradicting that you are saying it is the biggest scam here yet on the other thread you are talking about the recovery and support of bitcoin on the same day? a sudden shift of sides why? anyway, they are beating it with the word scam and dead, no wonder how it is very successful in spite of its biggest critics and fudders, only the people who do not truly understand the new technology blockchain who will bash cryptocurrency saying it has no future.
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:27:27 PM

#consensus2018

"Bitcoin to 60k in 2018"

Well, bitcoin has already prove what it's worth. Media who are attacking bitcoin and questions its security already given up on that idea. This days the are all on focus on how bitcoins performs in the market in this up coming day's.

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:10:12 PM

I'm glad more people trust Bitcoin now, but that reputation hasn't really disappeared yet. People seem to be forgetting that just a few days ago, crypto people had their pitchforks out against Bill Gates and Warren Buffet for criticizing crypto lmao.

This won't disappear until "Bitcoin is an investment" turns into "Bitcoin is money". For as long as people use Bitcoin as a way to gain money, it will always have doubters. On the other hand, if it becomes widely used as an inclusive cross-border currency, no one will be able to shit on its actual real-world utility.

Aminmon

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:18:11 PM

Anyone who thinks bitcoin is a hoax is a fool.
Bitcoin has made a huge difference to us, and the blockchain technology is changing our lives.

Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1622

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:31:44 PM

Fiat money is a scam
johnine

Activity: 246
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:41:24 PM

#consensus2018

"Bitcoin to 60k in 2018"

Actually the subject of your topic is wrong, Bitcoin is not a scam, it's the person who uses bitcoin to scam another person. And as of now we cannot tell if it's really a scam free in crypto world.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: