Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:58:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GROUP BUY] Alpha-T Scrypt Miners 25 MH/s  (Read 22618 times)
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:30:27 PM

Just called The Bike Shop. The business next door. Gentleman tells me that the Alpha Technology retail space has been empty for "ages". And just about 3 weeks ago, they've put up a new sign board. No one is currently there. He also said his phone has been ringing constantly for the past few days with people asking the same questions.

How about that?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 08:51:49 PM

lol people fall for this stuff way too much in the crypto world.  Roll Eyes
blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:31:46 PM

Why are you even buying that shit???
By the time it will be shipped, diff will be so high that scrypt mining will be death at this speeds..
new GPU algo will be popular at that time and this funny ASICS wont be able to mine it..lol
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:36:14 PM

so this is a scam??
blacklig

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:48:07 PM

so this is a scam??

nobody knows surely..
I think it is just very high game from devs..
they are risking our money and betting on our low intellingence..
otherwise I dont understand why would anyone put their money into such crap with so uncertain delivery, not cheap at all and not overwhelmingly powerfull..
it could be good if it would be available today in some local shop, but with such long waiting time.. useless.. waste of money..
FreePls

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:44:00 AM

By the time it will be shipped, diff will be so high that scrypt mining will be death at this speeds..
new GPU algo will be popular at that time and this funny ASICS wont be able to mine it..lol

Wtf are you talking? There are tons of new scrypt coins coming out every day.. your a idiot if you are still mining litecoins these days.. this times are over.

If you want to make money (thats why you're buying mining hardware)  then you stick to new coins and sell it on the best value.

blacklig

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:58:07 PM

Wtf are you talking? There are tons of new scrypt coins coming out every day.. your a idiot if you are still mining litecoins these days.. this times are over.

If you want to make money (thats why you're buying mining hardware)  then you stick to new coins and sell it on the best value.

lol, this doesnt matter..
Diff is rising and rising..
only way how to mine some money out of it right now is to be on first on launch, and first on dump.
Few weeks ago litecoin mining was very profitable itself.. right now, it really is on limit wherther it is even profitable in terms of electricity..

problem of this asics is, they will come on market once diff will match electricity cost. there wont be any more margin  from ming..
so new coin will be released using gpu in new way.. and asics will be fucked up
Blueman666

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:39:31 AM

Scrypt ASICs? I expect the Alpha T team have been laughing so much for the last few weeks they have all had heart attacks by now.
loader140

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:17:34 PM

Well, I agree with the people above with the new coins and to do with when these come out they will be out dated, I think they will too.

I have read (can't remember where if I find the link I will put here) that GDDR6 is coming out in 2014 and one GPU with GDDR 6 on should be able to hash at about 2M/Hash +/- 10% for the cost of a 280x today, so I might skip on the first ASICs until they bring out a faster ones for the same value (like BFL with the 600G/hash cards for the same value as 100 a year ago) and that will allow me to see if it is a scam or not.

And I can spend my money on more GPUS for the time being XD to make money now to add up to more GPUs to add up to more and more, I could probs turn my 10GPU rig into about a 50 GPU rig and pay for itself a few times over before the ASICs even hit (25+M/hash total for the 50 card rig) which will be the same as the ASIC but pay for itself a lot quicker. The ASIC will probs pay for itself but for now I think GPU mining until they hit will be the best for miners as they can continue to make money and make more before it hits rather than having money tied up into a nearly non-esictent company which never replies to emails.

Just my 2 cents.
mattboldfield

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:01:52 PM

IF YOU BELIEVE http://alpha-t.net/ ISNT A SCAM, WELL YOU DESERVE TO BE RIPPED OFF!

The partners site is also part of the scam and isn't a real company as some of you idiots think! http://dexceldesigns.com/news_events.html

Here's another site:  http://www.cardreadertech.com/en/

And a scam LITECOIN POOL : https://www.coinat.com/index
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:25:29 PM

<snip>
I have read (can't remember where if I find the link I will put here) that GDDR6 is coming out in 2014 and one GPU with GDDR 6 on should be able to hash at about 2M/Hash +/- 10% for the cost of a 280x today,
<snip>

Anyone have a link to this?
Ontopic; to OP did you pre-order two units? i.e. the group buy still ongoing.

^ I am with STUPID!
loader140

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:27:10 PM

<snip>
I have read (can't remember where if I find the link I will put here) that GDDR6 is coming out in 2014 and one GPU with GDDR 6 on should be able to hash at about 2M/Hash +/- 10% for the cost of a 280x today,
<snip>

Anyone have a link to this?
Ontopic; to OP did you pre-order two units? i.e. the group buy still ongoing.

Hi this wasn't the 1st link I read it from (I think it was the litecoin ticker on android, the app) but here is another one where a few people like 1/4 down the page mention it. http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/1uj9ye/amd_mentions_cryptocurrency_mining_at_ces_2014/

I also forgot to add about it won't only be the GDDR6 which will speed it up it will be the 20nm technology they are developing, which will be quicker than the 28nm they are at now.
reanor

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:22:43 PM

LOL that facility looking quite secure...
mattboldfield

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:33:43 AM

Maybe their is a stuffed Rottweiler behind the door for xtra security?
Stinkys scammers get their degree in IT and think they can rule the world!
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:12:20 AM

so this is a scam??

nobody knows surely..
I think it is just very high game from devs..
they are risking our money and betting on our low intellingence..
otherwise I dont understand why would anyone put their money into such crap with so uncertain delivery, not cheap at all and not overwhelmingly powerfull..
it could be good if it would be available today in some local shop, but with such long waiting time.. useless.. waste of money..

Preorders, preorders...
gik000

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:50:41 AM

Sell Alpha Technology Viper 16 MH/s Scrypt Miner (Batch 1) PREORDER
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=605861.msg6684160
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 11:47:52 PM

idk why there is such hate on these guys - they came out earlier on and have given everyone consistent news.  While Im not watching them every single day, I believe they will still deliver.  Anyhow I am hosting a group buy and was shocked to see that this thread sort of died between deliveries of gridseed and zeus and knc.  But I still believe in them.  Offering the remainder of my setup which looks just like this one too - 277 KH per share offering 1200 shares so its low cost to get into.

brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:48:03 PM

idk why there is such hate on these guys - they came out earlier on and have given everyone consistent news.  While Im not watching them every single day, I believe they will still deliver.  Anyhow I am hosting a group buy and was shocked to see that this thread sort of died between deliveries of gridseed and zeus and knc.  But I still believe in them.  Offering the remainder of my setup which looks just like this one too - 277 KH per share offering 1200 shares so its low cost to get into.

You believe in them so much you're trying to sell your stake in them?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:39:04 PM

You believe in them so much you're trying to sell your stake in them?

QFT! ROTFLMAO.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:45:09 AM

how about hedging your bets by getting a group buy going for a different asic brand I'm not sure I'm sold on alpha but I'm deff interested in a group buy for about 1 btc worth of scrypt mining
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: