Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:46:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VIP Member "goat" abusing trust rating system  (Read 6142 times)
TruckStyling (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:57:25 PM

Infamous member "Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย", a so called VIP Member of this board is openly abusing the trust rating system, out of hate, greed and ego problems.

Just see:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=181768

Please fix this (by removing this fraudentual rating) and remove his VIP status, as he is a shame to bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:00:17 PM

The trust system is not moderated, and it has nothing to do with the VIP rank.
TruckStyling (OP)

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:04:05 PM

So you saying malicious and wrong trust ratings are allowed?
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:05:35 PM

yep...go on leave me some bad trust just to test (you can delete later)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=98667
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:10:50 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 11:44:27 PM by Welsh

The staff will not get involved in any situation like this. If you need to resolve anything you should speak to the person who is leaving bad feedback and hopefully get it resolved. Otherwise, the staff cannot help. Although, informing people that someone is doing it without any reason is a good idea.

The trust feature isn't moderated for obvious reasons.

freethink2013

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

also fraudentual isn't a word.
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:05:37 PM

The staff will not get involved in any situation like this. If you need to resolve anything you should speak to the person who is leaving bad feedback and hopefully get it resolved. Otherwise, the staff cannot help. Although, informing people that someone is doing it without any reason is a good idea.

Yup, this is exactly right.  The best way to handle this is to PM someone before posting a thread, did you do that OP?
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:17:28 AM

"goat" abusing trust rating system

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Mr. Gabu

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:32:19 AM

Why is he allowed to abuse the system, that protects your users from scammers?

He kills trust in the ratings with his fake ratings.
zonom

Activity: 156

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:11:29 AM

The best way to handle this is to PM someone before posting a thread, did you do that OP?
why?
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:15:23 AM

Goat is an immature idiot.  Just ignore his rating.  Everyone knows it is meaningless.
bitcoinguru42

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:19:45 AM

I am slightly okay with this but the way he worded it is wrong. Dogecoin is meant to hurt bitcoin not dogecoin users by making a mockery of it,  the comments left on the page clear it up however so this thread probably isn't even needed.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:10:01 AM

I think there needs to be a better trust system implemented. It's worthless at the moment.

I am slightly okay with this but the way he worded it is wrong. Dogecoin is meant to hurt bitcoin not dogecoin users by making a mockery of it,

Dogecoin is meant to hurt Bitcoin?
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:05:25 PM

I think there needs to be a better trust system implemented. It's worthless at the moment.

What do you purpose as a better trust system? If the trust system is used correctly then it's fine. When people request staff to get involved in the trust system and to moderate it, that's just silly. With quick research about the user who has given bad feedback to anyone. You will see if you can trust that. I don't trust someone because they have a few good trust ratings. I first search up those people who gave them trust. The trust system is there to help. Not to seal the deal. It's a guideline which when used correctly is very effective.
black_swan

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:16:53 PM

imho there is no need for a trust system on this forum, nobody should trust it anyway, there are already some well established escrow services which can be used for relatively small transactions.
As for goat you should ignore him, he post his lamborghini to show that "it's possible to buy stuff with bitcoin", no comment
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:35:45 PM

imho there is no need for a trust system on this forum

Maybe there is no real need for a trust system. Although, a lot of people tend to use it and it works for them. It's not forced on you. It's something which you can use only if you want too. Even when people have bad ratings and I'm going to be trading with them. I don't assume they are a scammer straight away. I first research about the person who left them bad feedback. Take a look at the reference if they included any. Do forum searches on them. The trust system just makes it a lot easier.

But, you don't have to use it. I haven't used it in awhile.

there are already some well established escrow services which can be used for relatively small transactions.

I'm glad you said this. Remember the escrow's are people too. Maybe tend to think that they should be trusted to questions asked. However, there has been instances where the escrow runs off. Even "established" and trusted ones. Remember you have to choose wisely when using a escrow. Search up their history to see if they have been in any dodgy deals.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:01:24 PM

What do you purpose as a better trust system? If the trust system is used correctly then it's fine. When people request staff to get involved in the trust system and to moderate it, that's just silly. With quick research about the user who has given bad feedback to anyone. You will see if you can trust that. I don't trust someone because they have a few good trust ratings. I first search up those people who gave them trust. The trust system is there to help. Not to seal the deal. It's a guideline which when used correctly is very effective.

Maybe you can only leave trust after both parties have agreed to do a deal. It's silly being able to leave trust for anyone anytime. Can you go on ebay and leave everybody negative feedback without even trading with them?

The system is also flawed because a newb can scam a load of other newbs and the trust wont even show up and he can continue scamming. A honest person can have loads of positive trades and none of them will even show up, but one "trusted" member leaves him negative for no reason and boom, he now looks like a scammer.
black_swan

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:09:20 PM

That's why I added "relatively small transactions", I personally don't use it, not here nor in other forums.
It's a nice thing to have, like indicators, but nobody should trust it without additional research as you said
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:11:33 PM

Maybe you can only leave trust after both parties have agreed to do a deal. It's silly being able to leave trust for anyone anytime. Can you go on ebay and leave everybody negative feedback without even trading with them?
That would be hard to do. Being able to define when someone has done a trade would have to be done manually. Which would require the staff to do a lot of work. That also requires hiring a lot more staff. Even then you have staff which will be involved in a private trade. Which a lot of people will not agree to as a lot like their privacy.
The system is also flawed because a newb can scam a load of other newbs and the trust wont even show up and he can continue scamming. A honest person can have loads of positive trades and none of them will even show up, but one "trusted" member leaves him negative for no reason and boom, he now looks like a scammer.

It's the persons responsibility to search up the person who has left negative trust. You wouldn't trust a random person on the street so why would you on the internet. You would want to ask questions and research. The trust system is a guideline. Makes it easier to contact those who left bad feedback for the particular person. Granted some people do see the trust system as a end all system. As soon as they see "Trade with caution" they immediately assume they are a scammer. But, people have been proven to be irrational and there is no fix for that. None of them will show up? You can enable this on your profile to show untrusted ratings by default.

Can you go on ebay and leave everybody negative feedback without even trading with them?
No you can't. But, this site isn't just a trading site like ebay. If someone is acting suspicious then people can state that in the trust section. Remember trading is a very small part of the forum. People mainly come here to find out information and discuss. I would say a big part of the forum too is seeing what the world thinks about Bitcoin.

I would also like to state that if you allowed only to give feedback/trust when you have traded with someone it would be blocking others giving trust for people posting malicious links, websites and other suspicious activities.

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:01:49 PM

Im willing to adjust feedback and it would have been better to pm me directly. No one is perfect.

Happy holidays.

So OP didn't PM you before posting here?  Love when people get on the soapbox before trying to resolve the issue the right way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: