Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:55:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Children defy police in Washington, purchase lemonade at Capitol  (Read 3549 times)
hugolp (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 12:37:15 PM

This people are not policeman, they are thugs.

Your taxdollars at work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04MNf1YdNxI

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 12:43:22 PM

Damn right.  If they are left set up stalls, they they will be left build shops there.

Is that what you want?
Anonymous

August 22, 2011, 12:45:30 PM

To be fair, I don't believe the public would prefer these area to be filled with vendors. If the land was privately owned, it would be a similar case. The arrests were excessive and certainly a waste of resources. The female officer was also unjustified in assaulting the person with the camera. However, selling lemonade on this property is justifiably unlawful but should be treated under more reasonable means.
hugolp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 12:55:58 PM

To be fair, I don't believe the public would prefer these area to be filled with vendors. If the land was privately owned, it would be a similar case. The arrests were excessive and certainly a waste of resources. The female officer was also unjustified in assaulting the person with the camera. However, selling lemonade on this property is justifiably unlawful but should be treated under more reasonable means.

Its an act of protests. Its civil disobedience.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
R A D I X

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
Anonymous

August 22, 2011, 01:33:59 PM

Protesting what? The will of property owners which in this case is the public? Now, you can protest the means that decide such rules but I believe it can be determined that its unanimous that people don't want these grounds flooded with solicitors.

I see no cause worth protesting. I could be in support of their cause if it included selling lemonade on your own property without a permit but the means used here don't address such ends.
hugolp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 01:35:32 PM

Protesting what? The will of property owners which in this case is the public? Now, you can protest the means that decide such rules but I believe it can be determined that its unanimous that people don't want these grounds flooded with solicitors.

I see no cause worth protesting. I could be in support of their cause if it included selling lemonade on your own property without a permit but the means used here don't address such ends.

That it is ilegal to sell limonade without a license.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
R A D I X

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
Anonymous

August 22, 2011, 01:37:28 PM

That it is ilegal to sell limonade without a license.
So they should go on private property they have a right to and sell it there.

The cause of free trade has never been about having a unilateral to sell it on whomever's property you may wish, last I checked.

You could go ahead and say it's an issue of public property in the first place but the cause of protest and issue at-hand have little relevance to how said property is mandated and provisioned. They need to be arguing for privatization in that case and not doing what they wish upon it. Hopefully they have the money to purchase the public lands they wish to sell lemonade on.
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 02:54:38 PM

Hopefully they have the money to purchase the public lands they wish to sell lemonade on.

They still wouldn't be allowed to do that without a 'lemonade-vending' license, which is what they are protesting about.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 03:01:50 PM

Hopefully they have the money to purchase the public lands they wish to sell lemonade on.

They still wouldn't be allowed to do that without a 'lemonade-vending' license, which is what they are protesting about.

Correct.  Why should they have free use of the Capitol green areas?  If they can sell lemonade, can I set up a burger bar?  Or a hotel ?

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 05:18:10 PM

They deserved to get arrested.

Although one small complaint I have is that they needed that many cops + a van to arrest a couple of kids.
Gabi
Legendary

Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 06:16:07 PM

It's a protest, it's not "selling thing on capitol land", try to understand

I don't live in USA and i find that a bad thing, tons of police and these poor guys ARRESTED for some lemonade? Meh, they really have nothing better to do? Like uh, try to avoid a default or retake AAA rating or these things you know...
Didn't know you could be arrested for some lemonade, maybe a fine but arrested? Ridicolous.

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 06:31:47 PM

It's a protest, it's not "selling thing on capitol land", try to understand

I don't live in USA and i find that a bad thing, tons of police and these poor guys ARRESTED for some lemonade? Meh, they really have nothing better to do? Like uh, try to avoid a default or retake AAA rating or these things you know...
Didn't know you could be arrested for some lemonade, maybe a fine but arrested? Ridicolous.

If it helps, getting arrested is part of many protests.  You don't need to feel sorry for them as they went there fully intending to break the law and get arrested on camera.

They were politely asked to leave.  They refused.  So the police didn't have a choice; it was either forget about the law and allow everyone who feels like it open a shop on the public lands or arrest them.

Gabi
Legendary

Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 06:36:48 PM

The fact that they get arrested show us that protests are repressed, and that is a BAD thing.

AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 06:43:23 PM

The fact that they get arrested show us that protests are repressed, and that is a BAD thing.

No, it shows us that laws are enforced, as they should be.  They can protest all they want in a legal way.  Setting up a vending booth on public grounds without a permit is illegal, not a protest activity.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 07:17:39 PM

The alternative is that anyone can go on your land, announce it's a protest and take it from you.  Would that be a GOOD thing?
dayfall

Activity: 312

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 07:31:45 PM

They were politely asked to leave.  They refused.  So the police didn't have a choice; it was either forget about the law and allow everyone who feels like it open a shop on the public lands or arrest them.

The police did have a choice.  People don't have a choice when force is used.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 08:14:26 PM

The police did have a choice.  People don't have a choice when force is used.

Did you not watch the video.  The protesters were breaking the law.  That was their choice.  If they don't like the law, they can agitate and get it changed. 

The police were doing their jobs.  Of course they could have resigned if it was a matter of conscience but apart from that "choice" they have to implement the law. 
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 08:27:31 PM

Out of curiosity, who believes that property is public property and who believes it is private property and why? I don't have a position or understanding that it is one or the other,  does anyone have evidence of one or the other?
dayfall

Activity: 312

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 08:52:32 PM

Did you not watch the video.  The protesters were breaking the law.  That was their choice.  If they don't like the law, they can agitate and get it changed. 

Yes.
They sure were.
It sure was.
They sure agitated, alright.

The police were doing their jobs.  Of course they could have resigned if it was a matter of conscience but apart from that "choice" they have to implement the law. 

Does getting paid to do something remove your ability to make a choice?  At least we agree it was their choice to take the job.  And if the cops didn't make a choice, then who deiced to arrest these people?  I didn't see any lawmakers there.  Hey, what if i paid to protestors to do what they did?  Then no one would have a choice.  What a strange world that would be.

They wouldn't have to resign.  Now, they might get fired later, but if that is their reason then they were more like cowards.  Even cowards have a choice. 

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 09:02:49 PM

Out of curiosity, who believes that property is public property and who believes it is private property and why? I don't have a position or understanding that it is one or the other,  does anyone have evidence of one or the other?

I used work near the Capitol.  The green spaces there are mostly public property.

Yes.
They sure were.
It sure was.
They sure agitated, alright.

Does getting paid to do something remove your ability to make a choice?  At least we agree it was their choice to take the job.  And if the cops didn't make a choice, then who deiced to arrest these people?  I didn't see any lawmakers there.  Hey, what if i paid to protestors to do what they did?  Then no one would have a choice.  What a strange world that would be.

They wouldn't have to resign.  Now, they might get fired later, but if that is their reason then they were more like cowards.  Even cowards have a choice. 

Um, the police did the right thing.  No reason why they would risk being fired for the sake of some greedy people who want to avoid paying for a permit.  Its not their land so they have no right to use it against the will of the owners.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: