Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinCard - Buying Amazon $ and gift cards with Bitcoin  (Read 36603 times)
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 01, 2011, 10:59:01 PM

Check your disk free space. I had similar problem when I was very near to 0.

I mentioned this to slush on IRC, but thought I'd post it here for posterity too.  The server has about 3.6GB of disk free, so the cause appears to be elsewhere.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 02:47:16 PM

I underestimated CoinCard's popularity and my PayPal account has reached the minimum balance I allow.  If you try to place an order, you'll see a message about insufficient funds.  CoinPal is opening again shortly which should replenish the PayPal balance within the next few hours.  Try your CoinCard order again then.

Several orders yesterday were affected by transaction
processing delays discussed elsewhere.  For a few orders, 45 blocks passed before 2 confirmations arrived.  My script quit looking for confirmations after 20 blocks.  I've increased that to 50.  I also added an FAQ entry suggesting that those selling their mining pool profits may want to include a transaction fee.
JesusTheCaffeine

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2011, 12:36:05 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2011, 03:27:47 AM by JesusTheCaffeine

I'm confused, I submitted a order for a paypal payment like a hour agoish and it has 8 confirmations.

How long should it take for paypal to go through?

I prob shouldn't be so anxious, but I'm waiting to buy starcraft 2 with paypal and I'm excited.

blah, waiting is a pain.
3 hours later and it still hasn't gone though.

I wish I had tested it with like 1 btc first, bah.
I remember my transactions with coinpal being superfast.
Well, back to starcraft 2 tutorial watching.

Edit: I'm a fool and forgot to click the "I sent payment" button.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2011, 04:35:23 AM

Lol

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
abstraction

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 03:39:51 PM

I'm gonna buy pizza for any of my friends who are willing to get a slice of free pizza. Here is what I'm going to write for the facebook event
I can change the day if it doesn't work for a lot of people.

I will buy a slice of Domino's pizza for anyone who wants to come watch me buy it using Bitcoins. I will be using this website to do it: http://coincard.ndrix.com/

What are Bitcoins?

While I'm covering pizza, I'm not covering anything else. Bring an item like a bag of chips, salad, drinks, breadsticks, dessert, side, etc. I'll donate 1 Bitcoin to you if you bring something you made from scratch. We can hang out after the end of the week, relax, fire up the Wii, and have a fun feast. Cheesy

I plan to show them the how-to video, order the pizza, explain to them how they can do something they are good at to earn bitcoins and at least exchange them for a pizza, and finally, set them up with MyBitcoin accounts if they want one. Oh yeah, eat the pizza, too.

Do you like what I want to say on the invite? Should I edit it?

Anyone who would like to help me defray costs can support me here 14ddya5gretqcH4dFe8Pr7eHgn4qPiPUgX
I am willing to use ClearCoin if you would like proof that it happens.

Thank you for your thoughts.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 04:47:47 PM

I'm gonna buy pizza for any of my friends who are willing to get a slice of free pizza. Here is what I'm going to write for the facebook event

Great idea to help spread the word about Bitcoins.  I know I'm all ears when free food is involved Smiley  The site sold a Domino's gift card last night while I was sleeping and everything went smoothly.

Two nights ago, I bought a pizza for my kids using Bitcoin and CoinCard.  It was pretty fun.
abstraction

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 04:56:53 PM

The site sold a Domino's gift card last night while I was sleeping and everything went smoothly.

Haha, that was me doing a test run before the real event.
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2011, 08:13:04 PM

mndrix, I'm curious how many trades on coincard do you have daily. Can you reveal at least rough numbers? :-)

mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 08:41:02 PM

mndrix, I'm curious how many trades on coincard do you have daily. Can you reveal at least rough numbers? :-)

Sure.  Over the last 8 days, I've done about 60 orders averaging about 40 BTC each.  I've had a couple large orders, but most have been between 5-20 BTC
Anonymous

March 04, 2011, 08:46:30 PM

How do you invest in CoinCard?
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 08:51:36 PM

Sure.  Over the last 8 days, I've done about 60 orders averaging about 40 BTC each.  I've had a couple large orders, but most have been between 5-20 BTC

From me you got 150 BTC. (3x 50)
With them I ended up buying an unlocked Blackberry for 20 GBP  Grin The rest is still on PayPal for the next bargain.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2011, 09:01:26 PM

Thanks, 60 trades is very nice number for such young service :-).

Btw I'd like to ask you if you're considering some better design for coinpal/coincard in the future. I think you offer great services, but many people asked me if there are some troubles with the site. Friend told me that it looks like the site has broken link to it's CSS file :-).

nster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 09:39:10 PM

Thanks, 60 trades is very nice number for such young service :-).

Btw I'd like to ask you if you're considering some better design for coinpal/coincard in the future. I think you offer great services, but many people asked me if there are some troubles with the site. Friend told me that it looks like the site has broken link to it's CSS file :-).

Will this be the next Mt.Gox? Cheesy

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 10:56:53 PM

I'm sorry.  I didn't understand the question.  Are you asking how you can invest in CoinCard as a business venture?
Anonymous

March 04, 2011, 11:02:24 PM

I'm sorry.  I didn't understand the question.  Are you asking how you can invest in CoinCard as a business venture?

My bad, poor wording on my part. Yes, that is what I am asking
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 11:03:55 PM

Ha ha. I probably should make it look better.  I don't enjoy CSS, so I'll put it off as long as possible Smiley  Maybe I should hire tcatm, although I'm not sure I can afford someone of his talent.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

My bad, poor wording on my part. Yes, that is what I am asking

I'm not currently seeking investors, but will definitely keep it in mind for both CoinCard and CoinPal for the future.
slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2011, 11:07:08 PM

Maybe I should hire tcatm

+10 he does really nice stuff.

mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 11:08:26 PM

Several people have asked me about the upcoming CoinCard API.  I finished some refactoring today to prepare for the API.  If all goes smoothly, I may have something for people to test late next week.  Thanks for all the interest.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 04:03:29 AM

Funds are low again.  There haven't been many CoinPal orders to replenish PayPal funds, so I've transferred some additional funds from my bank.  They probably won't post until early next week.  (Fast transfers is one more reason I want Bitcoin to succeed).
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: