Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:03:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinCard - Buying Amazon $ and gift cards with Bitcoin  (Read 36605 times)
Cheeseman

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 03:31:30 AM

I'm getting this error today:

Please correct the errors below and resubmit.
Insufficient funds in our accounts. Try again later

Any plans on topping up the account in the near future?

I really do enjoy the convenience of this service and would appreciate the opportunity to continue its use.

Seconded.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gamerkingx

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 04:27:42 AM

This site is really , great. I used his service again yesterday and everything went smooth +1 for the OP.

I got hacked please contact me if the hacker contacted you for something.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 02:09:11 PM

Any update on NewEgg gift cards being sold through CoinCard?

Being a techie community, surely buying hardware with bitcoins would be popular.

I still plan on adding Newegg gift cards.  Recent market conditions have made it hard for me to keep up with current demand for CoinCard's services.  Once I finish some additional automation and can handle the volumes again, I'll resume work on Newegg.  Thanks for asking.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 02:11:57 PM

Any plans on topping up the account in the near future?

I'm away from my computer on Sunday (US Mountain time) and sometimes run low on funds toward the end of the day.  Within the next couple hours, CoinCard should be able to purchase Bitcoins again.  Thanks for your patience as I continue enhancing the service.
VastLite

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 02:16:45 PM

Okay, it's nice to know the service isn't going anywhere. Sorry for the PM, I practically sent it at the same time you answered my question; I had been refreshing the thread every few hours and noticed two new posts within a few minutes.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 07:38:26 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2011, 03:37:28 AM by mndrix

I've increased fees for PayPal payments by another .25 percentage points.  Even with the previous fee increase and higher purchase limits on CoinPal, I still ran out of funds over the weekend.
xf2_org

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

I've increased fees for PayPal payments by another .5 percentage points.  Even with the previous fee increase and higher purchase limits on CoinPal, I still ran out of funds over the weekend.

CoinCard might just be the easiest way to turn bitcoins into [PayPal] cash.  I bet you would get plenty of customers at +1% even.

mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 09:37:52 PM

I have to concentrate on some big projects that are coming up (not related to Bitcoin) and won't be able to devote much time to the forum for the next several months.  I'll still manage CoinCard as I have over the last couple months.  I'll try to check in on this thread about once a week, usually on Fridays.  If you notice problems with CoinCard, please contact me at coincard@ndrix.com so that I can fix them right away.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 09:53:38 PM

A small change: Clicking the I've Sent Payment button is no longer required.  As long as you send your payment to the right Bitcoin address, you'll receive your gift card or PayPal payment after 2 confirmations.

I used to get a couple emails each day from customers who didn't click the button (forgot to click, 'net connection died before they could click, etc).  Their experience on the site should be more pleasant now.

Of course, you can still click the button if you want to see the order status page.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
April 26, 2011, 02:33:31 PM

CoinPal volume has been really high for the last few days.  To balance supply and demand again, I've reduced CoinCard fees back to $1 + 1.25% on large PayPal transactions.  The exact prices are on the site.
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2011, 02:56:47 PM

Bought a $50 Dominos gift card last night. I love buying pizza with BTC. Smiley
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 01:57:06 PM

I've updated prices for supply and demand again.  It's now $1 + 1.4% for large PayPal purchases.

I plan to make these changes automatically so I don't have to clutter the forum with these sorts of announcements.  It will probably be another couple weeks before I can get to it though.
PabloW

Activity: 228
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 03:46:34 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2011, 06:56:19 PM by PabloW

Just bought 10 bitcoins yesterday, everything went fine Smiley

Im hoping to buy a much bigger amount soon, but I see theres a limit of 30 bitcoins per day? is this changing soon?

edit. just read the FAQ, hehe. nevermind
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 10:50:16 PM

PayPal froze my accounts, so CoinCard will be closed for quite some time.  Full details are available elsewhere on the forum.
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 09:35:28 PM

While coincard is down, I'm experimenting with selling bitcoins on ebay. See the thread about it here:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7072

mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 06:33:12 PM

CoinCard reopened today.  For a 1% fee, you can quickly convert your Bitcoin funds into Amazon Payments or gift cards for Domino's, Papa John's or Best Buy.  The service is open 24/7 and automatically processes your order after 2 confirmations.  It usually takes around 20-25 minutes from the time you pay until the time you receive your funds or gift card.

My PayPal account is still restricted, so I won't be sending PayPal payments any time soon.

I made substantial changes to the backend to handle scaling issues I ran into earlier this year (before the PayPal freeze).  All my test orders have gone through perfectly, but the service may be up and down today, if I encounter any unexpected errors.

If you have any problems, email coincard@ndrix.com for the fastest response.  I'll also monitor this thread, but won't be as quick to reply here.
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 07:37:08 PM

CoinCard reopened today.  For a 1% fee, you can quickly convert your Bitcoin funds into Amazon Payments or gift cards for Domino's, Papa John's or Best Buy.  The service is open 24/7 and automatically processes your order after 2 confirmations.  It usually takes around 20-25 minutes from the time you pay until the time you receive your funds or gift card.

My PayPal account is still restricted, so I won't be sending PayPal payments any time soon.

I made substantial changes to the backend to handle scaling issues I ran into earlier this year (before the PayPal freeze).  All my test orders have gone through perfectly, but the service may be up and down today, if I encounter any unexpected errors.

If you have any problems, email coincard@ndrix.com for the fastest response.  I'll also monitor this thread, but won't be as quick to reply here.
Great news!

It's too bad about PayPal, I still think the ability to easily sell bitcoins for PayPal is crucial for Bitcoin's growth. I hope that even so there will be people who benefit from your service and that you'll make some profit from it as well.

Any idea about the friendliness of Amazon payments to Bitcoin exchange?

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 08:34:12 PM

Any idea about the friendliness of Amazon payments to Bitcoin exchange?

Thanks Meni.  I vaguely recall Amazon closing a couple accounts that accepted Amazon payments in exchange for Bitcoins, but can't find any links at the moment.  I don't think anyone has tried an automated system in the other direction, so we'll see how it pans out.  I've given up trying to interpret Terms of Service since they seem to offer no reliable guidance.

I have a few more payment methods in the pipeline in case Amazon closes the account.  The gift card options don't depend on a PayPal debit card this time either, so the service should be more resilient this time around.

Does anyone with a non-US Amazon account know if they can receive Amazon Payments?  In the US, Amazon Payments balance is a great way to pay for goods on Amazon, but I'm not sure if it works the same way outside the US.  I'll gladly refund your Bitcoins if someone wants to experiment and it doesn't work.
Ricochet

Activity: 373

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 12:49:21 AM

Holy shit.  When I saw this thread on the front page again I was almost positive it was just going to be someone bumping an old topic with "HAY HOW DO I GET PAYPALS FOR MY BITCOINS?"

Good to see you back, dude. 
mila

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 08:58:45 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2011, 10:17:18 PM by mila

...  but I'm not sure if it works the same way outside the US.  I'll gladly refund your Bitcoins if someone wants to experiment and it doesn't work.

I'm in Europe. If I buy a certificate from you and try to redeem it with my next purchase you want to know if it was accepted?
let me be your guinea-pig.

edit: i like how you use the block numbers to indicate time, when you'll dispatch the certificates. you're doing it right Smiley

edit2: no worky. explanation: the amazon certificate comes from Amazon Payments and they need to "verify" the account. part of the process is an US based address (country is hardcoded, seems no way for me to register with the amazon payments site and redeem the code)

down the email I read:
After accepting this payment you may:
 *  Use your Amazon Payments balance to shop on Amazon.com

not mentioning amazon.de or any site near me. test finished. might work for someone else outside of the US to shop and pay but not sure how they want to pass the redeeming/verification step where required country is US.

edit3: the exchange from btc to amazon payment was smooth. just like (or better than) buying btc with paypal back in april

your ad here:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: