Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:59:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies' sadness  (Read 585 times)
DrMill (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:09:41 PM

When I started learning about bitcoin back in 2014, I, too was overwhelmed with the information I was reading about it, up to the point that I kinda lost interest because I need to read a lot of things. However, the approach I did to learn all the stuff I know about is simple: churn down things slowly and do not bite them all at once. This will help you keep learning things without feeling any form of pressure, and will surely get you hooked up since you'll get interested on the ideology behind bitcoin and why it is one of the greatest tech innovations today.

I believe you've mentioned a feasible approach for novices. Staying focused and be not so hectic will help to avoid getting overwhelmed in such a broard subject like crypto currency, or blockchain technology in general. Afterall, most of us still have a fulltime job and family to take care, thus don't have much time to "bite them all at once".

Perhaps, paying attention on topic "Beginner and Helps" seems my good starting point. Isn't it? Smiley

https://www.skyfchain.io/
SKYFchain is the first blockchain based
Business-to-Robots (B2R) Operating Platform
Tomcasper

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:41:54 PM

some seniors answered my questions by showing the links to read. it feels like no chance to have conversation. well, this is not the place for friendly conversations. is it a feeling being treated as strangers. dunno.. I don't care. just gain knowledge as first step in this community.
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:52:52 PM

I think the major problem for us, newbies on this platform is the fear of your account been banned and so in an attempt to provide good post, we sometimes by tension and fear, do things which are out of the rules. Again, mostly, as newbies in the world of cryptocurrencies and having heard about the good in it, we try to get to the top fast and hence post wroughly.  I think taking our time to learn will help us to overcome the fear and gradually climb to the top

AngryToken
Copper Member

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:42:02 PM

Yes it can be hard at first and it will take a while to rank up, few months but everyone goes through it so just stay active and keep posting.
Dhanems

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:11:58 PM

Yes very true,even me jr member rank but honestly,I don't know all the rules,but I tried to read and understand, especially speak English is hard for me but I try to express and observe:)
L_777

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:10:16 PM

Rank is not everything.  Please be mindful that there are newbies on here who have bitcoins that are older than some of the members.  Don't assume that just because somebody has the rank of newbie or jr or whatever, that they don't have much to contribute.   

Komorhan

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:49:11 PM

Hi friend, I feel the same feelings with you and most beginners unfortunately can not go on these terms because their enthusiasm is breaking. You want to write about a topic but it's written dozens of times before. it is very difficult to produce something new. but if you develop yourself in technical matters and in the field of information, you can also rise here. otherwise it is very likely that you will be a Jr member.
DrMill (OP)

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:45:42 AM

some seniors answered my questions by showing the links to read. it feels like no chance to have conversation. well, this is not the place for friendly conversations. is it a feeling being treated as strangers. dunno.. I don't care. just gain knowledge as first step in this community.
Nice point! Such kind of little ignorance helps us to reduce the feeling of burden to please other guys, and to focus on main goal: learning. Confessedly, I apply that way of thinking whenever I find myself being stuck, both in groups and in daily life. Tongue Cheesy

Rank is not everything.  Please be mindful that there are newbies on here who have bitcoins that are older than some of the members.  Don't assume that just because somebody has the rank of newbie or jr or whatever, that they don't have much to contribute.   
Ahha, everything is just relative. Newbies in a community may be veterans in other groups or even in real life. Why bother too much? Huh

Hi friend, I feel the same feelings with you and most beginners unfortunately can not go on these terms because their enthusiasm is breaking. You want to write about a topic but it's written dozens of times before. it is very difficult to produce something new. but if you develop yourself in technical matters and in the field of information, you can also rise here. otherwise it is very likely that you will be a Jr member.
Just similar to the situation when a child is learning to walk while old men around have done and understood everything thoroughly since many decades before. We want and still have to grow no matter what, right?  Wink

https://www.skyfchain.io/
SKYFchain is the first blockchain based
Business-to-Robots (B2R) Operating Platform
Gimblaz

Activity: 115

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:32:33 AM

Fear is There anymore for a newbie like me because it has experienced some post that have been deleted by moderator i hope to pass a safe level
aliceayag

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:09:43 PM

Actually, this forum is created for helping each other and give innovative, encouraging information about cryptocurrency community to everyone. You should do research and follow the rules and regulation on this forum for avoiding deleted post.
Dolpinoo18

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:21:07 PM

Thanks for all the information, this is really good for beginners like me. I hope this bitointalk forum can help the beginners. And for seniors are expected to continue to provide information.
nakamura12

Activity: 2310
Merit: 671

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:14:25 PM

You are right. Every new member in any community like bitcointalk all newbie members experienced sadness but that doesn't mean that newbie won't gain experience. Always thinking possible things will help newbies on their journey.

Nakamura12 Sig Space and Avatar 4 Rent
RBICoin

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:48:27 PM

Carefully read the rules of the forum and there will be no problems on the forum.
But what about the merit, I agree, it is very difficult for beginners to get it, so there is no way to earn it.
Teejayyy

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:52:17 PM

Totally agree with you.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:19:45 PM

At the very top of this beginners and help section there is a pinned post by Lauda titled something like "Newbies, read first." That post contains all kinds of links to more extensive information on things you need to know like the rules of this forum, how to rank up and how to earn merit, not to mention some links to help you get started furthering your education about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.

I just read through that post again, and even though I've been here five years I learned some things. It's a great post for everyone to review at least once a year.

I have to wonder, based on the repeated questions, do any newbies actually read that post? If you haven't already, can you please, please, please, take the time to read and study it. It will help everyone, and might even cure your forum newbie blues.

I really do enjoy engaging with newbies. I'm excited about cryptocurrencies and eager to share my knowledge with people just getting started. I know I'm not alone in this.

However, I'm starting to get burned out on seeing the same parade of poorly written questions such as "How do I get merit?", "How can I get into a signature campaign as soon as possible?", "How much can I earn in bounties?", etc. Those questions and more are answered in the "Newbies, read first" thread or in one of the many links it contains.

It would be so much more fun to deal with intelligent follow up questions from people who have read up on the basics and are ready for the next step. If you can ask those questions, I'm sure you'll get as much discussion and engagement as you'll want from senior, hero, and legendary members.
Moneysingh

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:36:16 PM

Yes agree with you...
rockydog1

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:37:46 PM

I don't know much about the Merits and Bounties that many of you are talking about. I would think most Newbies are looking for answers and have no idea about the Merit and Bounty systems. The longer we're in the forum the more we will learn how to uses the rules. Because I do something wrong shouldn't mean that my post gets yanked or banned from the system. Admonishment from you senior members would be better received and I don't mean ridicule.
I have posted here and have as of yet, not received help on my question. What is the purpose of this forum? For the senior members to spout their supremacy and gather as "The Good Ole Boys" and embarrass the Newbie's?
Grandjosh

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:47:28 PM

There's alway some sad feeling going with newbies in any community, including this forum.

Firstly, newbies do not understand all neccesary regulations, thus may easily get hurt when their posts are deleted due to not conforming to rules. Secondly, newcomers are seen and sometimes treated as strangers who trying to get some precious resources from the cummunity. Thirdly, posts by juniors are probably not appreciated and usually passed by senior members (i.e. newbies writing just for other newbies reading, mostly). Forthly, trying to write good posts but not hoping much to get merits as mentioning in another thread obviously another discouraging thought to new members.

Anyway, I think that's quite normal, because all members have experienced such feelings when they just joined this forum. The only matter is how they manage to pass such little akward moments.

What're my solutions? Well, just follows common instruction: reading more, learning much, and trying to contribute useful posts within my current knowlege about cryptocurrency world, as much as I can.

How about you, new guys? Any better ideas?
Its no doubt a daunting task for a newbie to grow through the bitcointalk ranks unhurt. It takes education, patience and dedication. It takes time and following basic rules. Most of all, not posting irrelevant things, especially one or two words posts. But with time and commitment, newbies will adapt as others.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:45:56 PM

There is nothing complicated about navigating this forum. All newbies, please read this pinned post as well as all the posts it links to. It should answer all your questions. Your posts will not be deleted, nor will your accounts be banned, without good reason as clearly spelled out in the rules. The rules are only unclear until you take the time to read them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:59:05 PM

There's nothing we can do anything about it all you have to do is improve your learning and writing skills and probly your communication skills. Everyone has some skill set and we should be knowledgeable enough to help others about Bitcoin. You can try reading different kind of story books and novels or even better learn about Bitcoin documentation you can try this link.http://lopp.net/bitcoin.html try to learn as much as you can and do not expect merits from anyone.those are just surprise gifts you will get them once you prove your skills.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: