Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:27:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your coins in multiple wallets  (Read 4802 times)
markieeeloy

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 06:41:11 AM

I agree to your post. It is best not to stick all your assets into a single address or a wallet to avoid minimum loss. By loss means, that you can avoid from a possible scam or phishing attack. Best to secure it to many secured cold wallet and away from the internet connectivity.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
edwardsolo69

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:48:00 AM

Taken in this too the most difficult way possible. The majority of my tokens that are from bounties are across the board wallet. I generally check the site and output my pc for malwares yet I got phished. Continuously keep your high esteem tokebs on various wallet preferrably a disconnected wallet. Try not to parade your private keys and watchword in one envelope.
maximilian4aue

Activity: 113

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:43:18 PM

I think the best thing to do is to hold your cryptocurrencies in a lot of wallets in order to reduce risks, the amount of scammers is increasing everyday.
BigBrother

Activity: 439
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:00:24 PM

I don't have much money to start a few wallets, but I think it's a very reasonable idea. In General, I want to say that the most important thing is attentiveness. No need to leave your data anywhere and you should always check the site you are visiting.

jetjet

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:05:48 PM

I have only 3 wallets in storing my crytocurrency. This is to ensure I got some kind of protection from the hackers. My bounty rewards was in MEW and all my investment was just store in the exchanges wallet.
Junixi

Activity: 322
Merit: 5

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:06:52 PM

Hi,

I lost some coins this year (my own fault in Phising)
But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

When your wallet is hacked you only lose this wallet.
This is my lesson for the next time  Smiley (and some other securities)

What do you do to secure your coins / tokens?

thank you very much for your post it was really useful and informative and i think that there are different ways to keep your coins safe

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Junixi

Activity: 322
Merit: 5

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:07:43 PM

I have only 3 wallets in storing my crytocurrency. This is to ensure I got some kind of protection from the hackers.
My bounty rewards was in MEW and all my investment was just store in the exchanges wallet.
i think that there is nothing wrong with this kind of wallets and i believe that you will not regret using it if you choose a good one

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
stunedi

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:09:43 PM

I try not to go to phishing sites to protect your coins and you're right you need to have a few wallets so as not to lose everything
Nesbee2

Activity: 840
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 10:29:53 PM

The essence of multiple  wallet might be incase one is hacked.  But if you can remember  all the password it's okay.  But you can also protect your wallet from being hacked by  being careful of links you click,  and trying as much to avoid web wallets and rather use app.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
crazybtrade

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:09:14 PM

It is necessary to be very attentive. No need to go into the airdrop. For him, create a separate purse. Most often, airdrop is the reason for hacking a purse. Be careful and do not go to suspicious sites.

• T I M E  A S  A N  E X P E R I E N C E •
  $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED  
              ▓▓▓▓
            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓ ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
vinayak2628
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:14:38 PM

If you want to add your coin in one wallet then Ecomi ico give us very good opportunity they had build one secure wallet with initially 20+ coin supported... For more info you check their website..
Esterklu

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:18:36 PM

It is right, the best thing is multiple wallets plus use all security options you can find. It is very hard feeling when everything you have disappeared one day, so i begging people to be very careful with their wallets, exchanges etc.
Gras

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:32:36 PM

Hi,

But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

I just like you keep your coins on several wallets to reduce the risks of hacking the wallet. However, I believe that the most secure way to store coins are cold wallets such as Trezor or Ledger. In the near future I plan to buy such a wallet.

https://www.INTEGRITY.one/
[    JOIN THE WHITELIST!    ]
The Blockchain Platform that Empowers Small Business & Entrepreneurs to WIN[/center
frchowe214

Activity: 402

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:06:29 PM

Not just multiple wallets but multiple exchanges. I spread them out to different desktop wallets and various exchanges, more on binance which is more trustworthy, with smaller amounts on low volume exchanges for shitcoin trading

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:09:02 PM

Hi,

I just like you keep your coins on several wallets to reduce the risks of hacking the wallet. However, I believe that the most secure way to store coins are cold wallets such as Trezor or Ledger. In the near future I plan to buy such a wallet.
There are some cons of Trezor and Ledger - you may loose your assets or you may be robbed. So it is better to keep your assets on the several wallets Myetherwallet instead of online wallets, use them only for real need.
pobeda

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:17:55 PM

of course, you need to split your funds into several wallets, make more complex passwords. Do not follow links from the mail with different tempting offers. Make bookmarks in the browser and enter only them.
devilman59

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:27:48 PM

That's very important there are other measures like saving your wallet on a computer without internet (cold storage) and you can also buy nano ledger devices that are like secure pendrives that can contain different currencies and from what I hear they are extremely secure.
Tduty

Activity: 448
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:39:30 PM

I agree with your opinion. I think we should hold our coin in different wallets. Because you should never put all eggs in one basket. For me, it is the best idea for keeping secure our coins. So the best thing to do is to divide all your coins or tokens into multiple wallets. Otherwise, you can use a hardware wallet. That is very safe

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]       Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●          ►          Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓          ◄          ●
FACEBOOK               TWITTER               INSTAGRAM               TELEGRAM
Vendetta666

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:17:28 AM

of course, you need to split your funds into several wallets, make more complex passwords. Do not follow links from the mail with different tempting offers. Make bookmarks in the browser and enter only them.

Yes it is better to split your coins in a multiple wallet so you can be sure that people will get a hard time stealing it from you. But make sure you have a back up copy of your password to avoid losses.
annaorlova

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:22:14 AM

Yeah, that's good advice. I hope that many of this will be enough to save their savings. Many people are taught only their own mistakes, all very individual. Do not forget to take care of your own safety. There are a lot of bad people in this world who need your money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: