Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:44:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your coins in multiple wallets  (Read 4802 times)
montaza

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:28:36 AM

I prefer to use only one wallet. I am more comfortable in using only one, for me there is a high chance that I will lose some of my coins if I use more than three wallets. I haven't encountered problems with my wallet.
Arcanefist

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:48:00 AM

Hi,

I lost some coins this year (my own fault in Phising)
But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

When your wallet is hacked you only lose this wallet.
This is my lesson for the next time  Smiley (and some other securities)

What do you do to secure your coins / tokens?

Sharing your capital is exactly what can save any investment. I don't see any other way to better store the coins yet
hellyeahent

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:17:02 PM

Hi,

But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

I always divide a large amount into several wallets because it seems to me the most profitable and reliable option for storage
dgoswami12
Copper Member

Activity: 253
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 12:23:37 PM

Hi,

Yes there is a phrase never put all golden egg in one bucket . I also prefer to split my coins in different wallets and I prefer to use Mobile Application insted of Web Wallets. I have no logical explanation but i think Mobile Application are better secure than Web Wallet  Roll Eyes

Neutro             ❱❱❱  More than a blockchain
pedagang2

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 12:31:20 PM

maybe it's better don't change the browser,
and don't follow the airdrop where we are asked to enter the private key inside.

Bolyutim

Activity: 81

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:12:14 PM

I utilize my coin just to exchange them to expanding the benefit so I need to keep it on the trade, and to limit the hazard I additionally utilized 4 unique trades and partition that coin in to 25% in each trade. By along these lines I can decrease the hazard when keep coin on the trades. Put all cash in to 1 put is exceptionally unsafe, so better never do it since keep it on 1 put influence conceivable you to will misfortune the greater part of your cash.
harm

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:25:48 PM

On the off chance that you just hold a couple of token then it tends to be done however in the event that you have a considerable measure of token then it will end up being a task to do. It's smarter to simply put a minimal expenditure in equipment wallet, you can get best security with equipment wallet and you don't need to stress any longer. It don't make a difference on the off chance that you have a considerable measure of wallet yet you are not cautious since you can at present lose the token.
xyandrobot

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:39:11 PM

That is the importance I use some wallets to store my assets. many cases of hackers this year have caused users to lose their assets.
syntac

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:03:19 PM

I secure the token that I have in some wallet addresses, and in a browser like chrome use an add on like metamask. Then I also added security using hardware like ledger to make it safer.
jlew079

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:11:52 PM

Maybe it's will be better. But personally, I do not use multiple wallets. I'm using only one MyEtherwallet for received from the bounty tokens and I'm using it for little transactions. My all altcoins are store in my ledger wallet. It is very safer than MEW. I' bought ledger wallet in 2017. Now my all altcoins are in it. MEW wallet is good wallet to store tokens. But now it's not good because it hacking by hackers. But you can protect your MEW by putting Metamask. 
kiryamikronov

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:20:18 PM

To be honest I don't really care about security and just keep on MyEtherWallet their Etherium and the rest of the money remained on the exchange, sometimes resell their assets and I prefer to keep everything on the exchange. My investment is not large, I don't really care why.

★★★ Excalibur OS ► 1 XOS = 0.000025 ETH ★★★
https://excaliburos.com/ || Token-Sale : 03.09.2018 - 31.01.2019
bananadence

Activity: 140

Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:23:13 PM

Everything is correct, it is necessary to send the available coins to several purses surely. Everything cannot be stored in one place at all if certainly it is not a cold purse. With it other rules of safety should be followed.

Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:25:09 PM

I do think that it is a wise move to be safe from such problems especially phising sites. Also, in such way, not all of your holdings will be involved on a single conflict. For example, your wallet was hacked, it means that ALL of your wealth will be gone. Having multiple wallets would be a good thing to do which adds more security to your tokens.
redwidow

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Hi,

thank you for helping to provide this useful information for beginners like me, maybe I'll try using a number of ways like you do to reduce the phishing action
heelariyanti

Activity: 148

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:03:12 PM

Holding the multiple wallet is suit for long term holders. But right now many traders are involved in the Crypto investment so better placed in one wallet is good for buying and selling. This is technical world so hackers are always looking to your account so we only protect our investment. My suggestion is Google authentication is good for the wallet. I have the same experience as you and this makes me move my coins to another wallet and finally, I use Jaxx, coinomi, and coin payment
EvgenOrel

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:07:22 PM

Holding the multiple wallet is suit for long term holders. But right now many traders are involved in the Crypto investment so better placed in one wallet is good for buying and selling. This is technical world so hackers are always looking to your account so we only protect our investment. My suggestion is Google authentication is good for the wallet. I have the same experience as you and this makes me move my coins to another wallet and finally, I use Jaxx, coinomi, and coin payment
I, too, have long been using Jaxx as a major storage wallet, ETH, BTC. The biggest advantage is the availability of the mobile version. By the way did you hear that MEW is also working to release a mobile version. For me it's the most positive news in recent months.
DonTsTop

Activity: 319

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:12:14 PM

Yes, I agree with you that it is very good and a more secure way to keep your coin save. You should split them into into very secure and reliable wallets so that when anything happen to a wallet, you have others to rely on. You can also keep the in hardware wallets because they are safer and more reliable.
Honourable11

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:13:33 PM

At first I don't really understand what you mean by saying we should keep our coins in different wallet, but after reading carefully I know understand what you mean, and why we should keep our coins in different wallet. This is the best idea to avoid total loss of coins.
trade2winnn

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:16:46 PM

Do you keep it all in one? of course,the more wallets you share the less risk of losing the money earned by work,especially now the ether has a serezdny izyan, what they take and with the help of a program they poderayut codes to wallets,and break and steal money,so of course it is better to distribute!
MilesEldwin

Activity: 162

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:23:56 PM

Hi,

I use the TREZOR wallet. Because it's have a very high security platform and it is a very easy to use and you can use this wallet is offline and the secure the coins/tokens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: