Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:00:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your coins in multiple wallets  (Read 4802 times)
ColorfulJoseph

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 09:40:32 PM

I agree that it is important to diversify our investments. When you keep everything in only one place, then it is very risky.
Well, it is kind of tedious to maintain multiple wallets, with such a big variety of tokens and cryptocurrencies, but I think it is worth it, after all there is money involved.
Taniya1901

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:51:49 PM

This is Yes, everyone should know, even the newest members of the crypto world... Be sure to have different wallets, different exchanges and invest in different coins.
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:53:23 PM

This is Yes, everyone should know, even the newest members of the crypto world... Be sure to have different wallets, different exchanges and invest in different coins.
If you have different wallets for your coins, you will find that you will spend the coins much less.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:00:15 PM

Yeah i think its is a nice topic and also a wonderful piece of advice. One of the painful thing on earth is when one loses what rightfully his/hers to another through a foul means. In order to avoid such it will be prudent and necessary to keep your coins in multiple wallet, with that there is a form of reinforcement when one get hacked. If not then you loses all your gains through your own struggle which to me is not right.
seopro1001

Activity: 104

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:21:16 PM

Until now, I don't hold my coin/tokens in many wallets, I try to keep them in safe by securing all informations related my wallets as privatekey..., also turn on F2A or some security methods, I also notice to not click link, file which I don't know the source, scaning my laptop frequently to avoid virus. But I think I also should to think about split coins and holding as your suggestion.
saint647

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 11:38:40 PM

I strongly agree with this assertion because I think it is safer that way, also to be more effective, it means that the private keys will not be stored together and different backupz will be used for the back up Phrases.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:56:23 AM

Well this was the case until the time hardware wallets were not popular. Yes its true that diversifying your tokens into different wallets can always lead to easiness of storing them. If one gets hacked or phished then surely there is another one to have your tokens securely stored away from such stuff. Apart from this if you just use the hardware wallets then you get protection from almost all of the hacking and phishing attempts as you they are made in such way to avoid those things. Thats why we must invest little more money on buying them and secure the funds. Additionally they all come under single roof too. :-)
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2128
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:40:21 AM

Yes its much safer to keep your coins in multiple wallets if is there any hacking with your one of your wallet then your other wallet coins are safe but to avoid such situation I bought hardware wallet (Trezor wallet) to avoid hacking that is quite safe to hold my coins.

Akichiva23

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:43:33 AM

This can be a great idea especially when you have a number of coins, the risk of loss is reduced, one just has. Have these wallets stored safely,. But. I do encourage use of hardware wallets mostly
Om George Kesurupan

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:45:43 AM

actually this might be a safe way. I will usually use a wallet that I have to store up to 5 different types of coins. After that, it will be my new wallet to replace. This is to make it easier and safer. Because the one with the contents of the wallet too much also I think less safety.
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:48:19 AM

It is true, better save your money on cold wallet and split another part between different exchanges, MEW, Neo wallet etc. 1 wallet isn't enough,because hackers can steal all of your funds. prevent it!
Goodnuel
Copper Member

Activity: 381

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 06:53:29 AM

This is very true. Its always a great idea to split your assets over different wallets to be much safer.. One needs to keep tab of different wallets and its functionality to keep your tokens safe. This way, if you get hacked, you will lose a few coins instead of all your assets.

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
Sonofshmidt

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 06:59:23 AM

Good advice! In our digital environment to be secure we should prepare to prevent fraud and phishing. Don't put all eggs in one bucket - devide into different wallets!;-)
wedar001

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:02:35 AM

Holding the numerous wallet is suit for long haul holders. Yet, at this moment numerous dealers are associated with the Crypto speculation so better put in one wallet is useful for purchasing and offering. This is specialized world so programmers are continually looking to your record so we just secure our speculation. My recommendation is Google validation is useful for the wallet.
zekarsalih

Activity: 167

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:06:12 AM

Hi,

I lost some coins this year (my own fault in Phising)
But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

When your wallet is hacked you only lose this wallet.
This is my lesson for the next time  Smiley (and some other securities)

What do you do to secure your coins / tokens?

It's difficult to keep multiple wallets. You can have 10 wallets for assets based on one coin to reduce the risk 10x but it also takes 10x more effort to keep them. Your choice.
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:56:23 AM

I don't really buy the idea of holding in multiple wallets especially if they are all software wallets. I believe all in this pedigree all have the same features thou some peculiarities can't not be ignored in them. They are all susceptible to phishing/malware attacks, thou, some like MEW, Metamask.

Instead of this, hardware wallets like Trezor and Nano Ledger should do the magic.
GreenSeem

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:35:40 AM

Hi,

I lost some coins this year (my own fault in Phising)
But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

When your wallet is hacked you only lose this wallet.
This is my lesson for the next time  Smiley (and some other securities)

What do you do to secure your coins / tokens?
exciting idea by dividing investment into several wallets to prevent asset loss, it seems I will apply this method, thank you OP
mitsarasss

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:40:32 AM

To keep your coins on different wallets is a very reasonable approach, because now there are a lot of messages about hacking wallets, we should be especially careful.
oioi

Activity: 355

A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:47:11 AM

It is good for advice that we can share it in several wallets, but it would be nice if we also
have to be careful about opening the web that is suspected of pishing, and by separating
our assets minimizes losses if one time we are exposed to fraud.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
tarlok01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:03:46 AM

I am agree that we must hold our coins in different wallet to secure our coins. If we are buying and selling these coins then we should keep these coins in many exchange. There are some Hardware wallets similar to Trezor wallet in which coins are safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: