Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:16:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your coins in multiple wallets  (Read 4802 times)
slightmoon

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 09:21:58 PM

Best things is we avoid exchange and third party wallets to store our coins. Mostly we store our private key in our system so it's good we store our files in encrypt. Parting our all coin also good.  Smiley

MegaPost

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 09:40:18 PM

Hi,

I lost some coins this year (my own fault in Phising)
But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

When your wallet is hacked you only lose this wallet.
This is my lesson for the next time  Smiley (and some other securities)

What do you do to secure your coins / tokens?

I believe that when working with several tokens it can be quite enough and work with one wallet. But when working with large amounts of money it is better to work with several wallets at once. The ideal option is to install a hardware wallet, this method will take more time to prepare, but it reduces possible risks.
last7minutes

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:34:42 AM

Hi,
But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.
This is a very good safety practice which I have already commenced. It is better to loose some of your coins in just one wallet than to loose all. With this, your bounty effort won't be in vain.
That's exactly what I did.  Divided into several wallets.  And also ordered a hardware wallet Ledger nano.  Safety is a priority.

The idea is nice, but still it won't save you from phishers, who will be able to hack all the wallets. As for me, cold storage, especially hardware wallet is better for storing coins. Also, security measures are really important. If you don't follow security rules, sooner or later all your wallets will be hacked.
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:13:09 AM

Yea, a good practice to keep your tokens on the different wallets, not all in one. But more preferably to buy Ledger or Trezor for security reasons.
ripzombie

Activity: 589

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:27:56 AM

I prefer to keep coins in MEW. It is quite a reliable wallet, besides it is a multi-currency one and is supported by all coins.
clipman77
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:47:05 AM

My coins are stored both on wallets and on stock exchanges, I have to keep them there as I do business, and arrange my orders in advance, for each coin I have my wallet, it's more convenient for me.
aalavandan

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:50:39 AM

You always need to be careful. Always keep your private key safe and do not give it to anybody. Another great option is to keep your savings on different wallets and on exchanges. It will help not to lose everything when such thing happens.
marcitosi

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:56:46 AM

It is necessary to diversify all your risks and keeping funds in more than one place is one of the main rules for diversification

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████ BITZON ███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ First Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●[/url]
https://bitzon.io/
tinystone26

Activity: 434

Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:01:29 AM

Holding your coins in a multiple wallets I think is a waste of time and gonna waste some transaction fees that you can make it all in one in a one wallet that you can easily transfer things without changing that wallets. And if you are just careful of what you are doing you won't lose anything.

▶ ▶ T O K E N D A T A   |   UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE WORLD'S CRYPTO DATA   |   T O K E N D A T A ◄ ◄
GET WHITELISTED [ REGISTER NOW ]   ❖   WHITEPAPER   ❖   ANN THREAD   ❖
■  TWITTER  ■  LINKEDIN  ■  TELEGRAM  ■  FACEBOOK  ■  MEDIUM  ■  DISCORD  ■  REDDIT  ■
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:09:44 AM

You should always diversificate you funds. You can keep them on a multiple MEW wallets, you can keep them on different exchanges, the main idea is that you shouldn't keep everything in one wallet, because the opportunity that one day it will be hacked is big enough.
CutePanda

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:23:45 AM

Sure it's very good move to keep our token safe and i personally store my tokens in big exchange like binannce or polo because in my opinion big exchange is more safe than other wallet like MEW for example.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Robert de Crypto

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:29:20 AM

I agree with you. dont ever put all assets in one wallet. this is for the safety. But the point is always to keep your private keys on the offline storages. carelessness will get the sadness.
ripple

Activity: 287

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:07:41 AM

Yes, I agree, having coins held in different wallets is safer because this will protect your money from being stolen. The most important thing is to make sure that the private key of your wallet is hidden and that it will reduce your chances of being attacked. Because there are so many people who want to steal the cards in the wallet of others

Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:12:31 AM

Sure it's very good move to keep our token safe and i personally store my tokens in big exchange like binannce or polo because in my opinion big exchange is more safe than other wallet like MEW for example.
the magnitude of an Exchange can not guarantee your assets are safe, some hackers have already successfully crypto assets mncuri from the Exchange. I guess all the Exchange also has a system of security which is not bad.
for me keep my wallet in private assets is the choice of the most good, and leave little for assets traded daily on the Exchange.

mary0919

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:13:00 AM

Hi,

Of course because bitcoin and some alts are money there are many sites inviting us in order to get phis. In order to avoid this phising sites we need to be careful in getting into website. In opening wallets make it sure that the websites are secure and read it correctly. Some phising sites are not in correct spelling so you might feel that is right which is actually a phising sites. So be careful.
I Like Bitcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:19:26 AM

It is clear that it is better to keep coins in different wallets. But now the situation is such that it is better to sell all your coins, and quietly exchange them for cash and have a good rest.

universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:21:04 AM

Hi,

I like holding coins in a few wallet is because like what you say easier to keep track and evn one of it is hacked you will not lose all your coins, i would like to share that i am using a metamask wallet and previously metamask does not allow the transfer of altcoins but now they are supporting this function and i think it is great for those that like to keep their coins in different wallet. I ensure my metamask safety by not leaking out my wallet password or even the seed phrase and try to save them in a thumbdrive that is offline but just remember where you put the thumbdrive though.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
Thyristor

Activity: 471

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:30:56 AM

Hi,

I don't keep my coins in multiple wallets because when i lost my private key or wallet will hacked. Possibility to lost key in case of more wallets.
I restore my wallet by printing hard copy, online restore is very risky when i used google drive one day my email is affected by hacker.
Camus

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:36:07 AM

I don't think it's the safest way to keep your savings. I think the scammers are aimed primarily at such people.
Iwillgotothemoon

Activity: 171

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:17:15 AM

Are you worried about the theft of the coin? This makes me feel that you are very rich, haha guess right? It is indeed possible to distract your wallet.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: