Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:18:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your coins in multiple wallets  (Read 4802 times)
RobotNIK

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

ADAB Solutions First crypto exchange Islamic Cryp

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:23:57 PM

Most likely you are right and you should not keep all your coins in one wallet, so if you break in, you lose less!

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
pearcy jackson

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:24:32 PM

Are you exposed to phishing? I admit it's a very deceptive trap. one of my ways to ward off phishing, to secure my coins is to bookmark the browser for wallet sites. from here can secure the private key to  does not leak when used
pooja1982
Copper Member

Activity: 166

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:40:20 PM

We need to maintain multiple wallet to maintain our crypto coin in different exchange in their wallet for holding the coins as well as safety and security point of views. I have treasurer to maintain and holding of my coins in multiple wallet for security purposes. Because if the exchange not ensure enough security and safety features then its our duty then not to be holding coins such exchange. 
AngellSky

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:43:46 PM

Are you exposed to phishing? I admit it's a very deceptive trap. one of my ways to ward off phishing, to secure my coins is to bookmark the browser for wallet sites. from here can secure the private key to  does not leak when used
In fact, phishing attacks by many users today are a common type of fraud. But it seems to me that in most cases it is necessary to blame the problems of the users themselves, because due to inattention, this type of fraud becomes more and more relevant.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
jackflag

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Glad to see you

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:53:58 PM

Personally, I prefer to keep my money in different wallets, while I use different wallets for different activities, one for bounty, others for receiving payments for services, and others for long-term storage.
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 09:58:21 PM

The best way to minimize risk in the crypto world is to divide your investments for different sources. In my opinion, waiting for a single source is an invitation to hack.
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:03:14 PM

Personally, I prefer to keep my money in different wallets, while I use different wallets for different activities, one for bounty, others for receiving payments for services, and others for long-term storage.
Even in fiat the best thing to do to keep our money safe is to deposit it in different bank so that it will not simultanously lost if problems occur like bankrupting or account steal, so its like our crypto assets that we should not store all our tokens and coins in one  wallet because in one false move we can loss it in a glance since hacker and internet theft are scattering over the net.

Gromx

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:28:06 PM

If the amounts are small-you can store your coins on cold multi-currency wallets.
If you invest a lot and fear for your money-it is better to create a separate cold wallet without access to the Internet and information on the computer.
Georgiyk

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:40:08 PM

To keep all the coins in one wallet is a certain risk. One wrong move and all the work, effort and all the time spent, just disappear. The only right decision is to keep coins in different wallets.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
isen

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:52:18 PM

It is best to keep the main assets on offline wallets or on cold hardware wallets, you can also use the MevConnect application, which turns your mobile into a kind of hardware wallet.
Don Pavilion

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:56:37 PM

I always keep my coins in a few wallets. Firstly, it is more convenient to trade them, and secondly, they lie on the wallets of exchanges, which allows you to quickly buy or sell them, since you do not need to wait for a long transaction to add coins to the exchange. And thirdly it's safer

///    ApeSwap.finance    ///
                Stake now for over 900% APR!               
endut15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:19:25 PM

To keep all the coins in one wallet is a certain risk. One wrong move and all the work, effort and all the time spent, just disappear. The only right decision is to keep coins in different wallets.

I think it's better not to store it in only one place. because if our funds are taken, then it is likely that everything will sometimes disappear. therefore we do not store in one place.
usawa0

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:24:49 PM

It is better to securely protect one wallet. To hold, I've allocated a secure wallet.
lamba

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:24:56 PM

Sorry  for your loss. I am feeling sad while reading that kind of posts. Coins are really important for us .Yes i agree with you we need to hold our coins in multiple wallets. For example i have more than 25 ethereum wallet and i am holding my coins in these wallets  . Also i am not storing my private keys in one place.
mickey_miner

Activity: 910

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:36:22 PM

Hi,

I lost some coins this year (my own fault in Phising)
But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

When your wallet is hacked you only lose this wallet.
This is my lesson for the next time  Smiley (and some other securities)

What do you do to secure your coins / tokens?

I store all my data on a computer that I don't connect to the network. I believe this is the most reliable way to store important data.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Liklopor

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:38:52 PM

I agree with you, and so I have a few wallets to protect myself from losing coins if the wallet is hacked.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:45:57 PM

I think it's better not to store it in only one place. because if our funds are taken, then it is likely that everything will sometimes disappear. therefore we do not store in one place.
If you have conditions, buying a purse is safer, but if you do not have the condition, you should use Mycrypto my wallet because the MEW, the Mycrypto wallet pretty well because they work only in the background do not work. Online as wallet MEW, will reduce the risk of hacker attacks
BTCmasterVM

Activity: 432

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:39:20 PM

This is a good solution, to which I also reached after stealing money that was hold on one wallet, I also try not to download unnecessary applications.
Don Pavilion

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:44:59 PM

Quite true. But it is not always hackers breaking into wallets, which stores large amounts. I was hacked once and only stolen $460

///    ApeSwap.finance    ///
                Stake now for over 900% APR!               
Cianix

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:56:22 PM

Well, we can say that the basic rule of investing is to store on different wallets in the crypto currency very often when hacking wallets , so I would still keep part of the money on the exchanges

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: