Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:28:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain AntMiner U1 Tips & Tricks  (Read 106453 times)
dmpotter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:05:11 PM

Seems to me 0981 is the optimal run number, any higher there is issues. Any lower and I'm just doing myself a disservice. They are quite picky about being crowded on cheaper powered hubs. Though right now for me it's an illusion to be running at 2ghs each and I don't understand. Maybe just how I read bfgminer.

I guess I really don't understand the numbers in the middle column. First 2 show about 2ghs then the 3rd shows what I guess is the average. But it's the 3rd one that the pools see. I should be at 10gh/s but it's more like 7.5gh/s in reality.

How long have you left them running? It can take hours for it to even out on mine...
I managed to find the following explanation of the three columns on google, which helped me understand things a bit better (still getting my head around it all though!);

"5 second exponentially decaying average hash rate / An all time average hash rate / An all time average hash rate based on actual nonces found, adjusted for pool reject and stale rate"

My googlefoo sucks bad Smiley Thank you!

I'm not really complaining too much about the hashrate too much, in my opinion, best value for gh/s to $$ in the < $100 market. Unless people have a few grand to throw at something, these devices are worth it for those wanting to dabble their feet in mining. I've noticed that they killed the block erupter usb (333's) market on ebay. Not certain why the bitfury's @ 2.2 still trying to get $150+ when you can pretty much get 3 of these for that price even at ebay. I guess it's cause the bitfury vendor hasn't realized the competition has raised the bar on price vs gh/s and ease of use.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jay_Pal
Legendary

Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:07:15 PM

Why haven't you pasted the print screen in paint, at least and posted the picture?
Also, what's the story with AMU10?

Best faucet EVER! - Freebitco.in
Don't Panic... - 1G8zjUzeZBfJpeCbz1MLTc6zQHbLm78vKc
Why not mine from the browser?
dmpotter

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:07:29 PM

Can you share your setup (hub, cooling, etc), config? It sort of relates to my concern.. you are 2's across the board.
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:24:10 PM

Why haven't you pasted the print screen in paint, at least and posted the picture?

Dropbox is a habit inherited from other threads that complain about re posting with pictures.

I think AMU10 is just about hanging in for the ride. It appears to prefer stock speed.

The hubs are 2 x 10 port Orico with 4A psu's cooling is a cheap laptop twin fan cooler. They are running on a Zotac Mini PC along with 70 erupters (there may be another 10 weeks of returns in the erupters)
BFG is launched with a .bat file with the comand line "-S amtminer:all"   "clock=x0981"
The erupters are on another session of BFG    "-S erupter:all

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
chromosoma

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:29:59 PM

Can someone please explain me, why do so many people rent  (for example) 2xAntminer for 24 Hours for like 5 Euro on ebay?
It doesnt make any sense to me.
Jay_Pal
Legendary

Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:33:18 PM

Dropbox is a habit inherited from other threads that complain about re posting with pictures.

I think AMU10 is just about hanging in for the ride. It appears to prefer stock speed.

The hubs are 2 x 10 port Orico with 4A psu's cooling is a cheap laptop twin fan cooler. They are running on a Zotac Mini PC along with 70 erupters (there may be another 10 weeks of returns in the erupters)
BFG is launched with a .bat file with the comand line "-S amtminer:all"   "clock=x0981"

Don't worry, we prefer pictures.
You have 5 in each hub, and a 4A psu in each?
It seems to misbehave by lack of power, the error rate is huge!!

Best faucet EVER! - Freebitco.in
Don't Panic... - 1G8zjUzeZBfJpeCbz1MLTc6zQHbLm78vKc
Why not mine from the browser?
dmpotter

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:36:15 PM

I think I'll need to wait for my better hub then. I ordered the Anker 3.0 7 port hopefully that provides similar results, otherwise I'll order the Orico.

@ chromosoma, cause people on ebay don't understand mining yet.. I use to sell mining contacts at a nice profit too, just a hassle dealing with people sometimes. Least with contacts no one reversed the transaction unlike when I was trying to sell bitcoins. All mining contracts are seriously overpriced, there isn't 0 justification with the excuses of power etc... these sticks are not even a blip in my house power.
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:56:26 PM

Don't worry, we prefer pictures.
You have 5 in each hub, and a 4A psu in each?
It seems to misbehave by lack of power, the error rate is huge!!

Even on its own hub I have 23% HW error, ............... at normal clock it throws 0%
 I even went back to normal clock on all of them, then started to raise the speed. I guess its a weak link, just hash the pants off it and keep it cool.
I have one hub that worked perfectly with 10 erupters and no cooling. That same hub will only run 8 of these, with the clock at x0981.

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
doctormandrake

Activity: 452

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:01:32 AM

I do not like bfgminer as much as cgminer. for one thing if you have alot of pools in your .conf it crashes trying to go to the pool options in the client, where cgminer runs smooth. I tried switching to bfgminer for the superior ant experience described but found it very frustrating. I will just run my be's and ants on seperate comps until I sell off all be's or until cgminer makes a new version with ant and be support. I was using bfgminer 3.10.0 i 3.9.0 more stable with alot of pools? by chance if anyone knows..
Walking Glitch

Activity: 252

Amateur Professional

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:41:28 AM

I do not like bfgminer as much as cgminer. for one thing if you have alot of pools in your .conf it crashes trying to go to the pool options in the client, where cgminer runs smooth. I tried switching to bfgminer for the superior ant experience described but found it very frustrating. I will just run my be's and ants on seperate comps until I sell off all be's or until cgminer makes a new version with ant and be support. I was using bfgminer 3.10.0 i 3.9.0 more stable with alot of pools? by chance if anyone knows..

I've never found bfgminer to be unstable in comparison to cgminer. Cgminer is one problem after another for me. I don't know why, as it used to be the goto miner.
doctormandrake

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:27:37 AM

I've never found bfgminer to be unstable in comparison to cgminer. Cgminer is one problem after another for me. I don't know why, as it used to be the goto miner.

have you tried it with more than a couple of pools? cgminer has had no problems with as many pools as I want (if a pool goes down, or I want to switch coins, I do not want to shutdown the miner to switch) butbfgminer doesnt play nice with alot of pools, so far anyway. I am in the process of editing 3 .conf files with 6/6/5 pools each for bfgminer, so as to just swap them in and out when I need to, as 6 pools loaded is fine, I can switch easily between pools or management strategies that way. but it would be nice if it would just play nice (it will load and hash with the 17 pools in the conf, it crashes if I type "p" to go change them however.

I have had the exact opposite experience as yourself. from day one cgminer has always worked and pretty well for me with any mining, but bfgminer is always one more little glitch, edit, headache lol

RicRock

Activity: 290

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:57:40 AM

have you tried it with more than a couple of pools? cgminer has had no problems with as many pools as I want (if a pool goes down, or I want to switch coins, I do not want to shutdown the miner to switch) butbfgminer doesnt play nice with alot of pools, so far anyway. I am in the process of editing 3 .conf files with 6/6/5 pools each for bfgminer, so as to just swap them in and out when I need to, as 6 pools loaded is fine, I can switch easily between pools or management strategies that way. but it would be nice if it would just play nice (it will load and hash with the 17 pools in the conf, it crashes if I type "p" to go change them however.

I have a lot of pools in my config, I've never tried to switch with a "p", I use the API
sase007

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:05:25 AM

I bought 4 of these little devils Cheesy

Got them at home, I am currently in other country, but i will mine with them (or sell them for good price) as soon as I get home Smiley

Thanks for tricks...

And just a question - is it really possible to overclock them to more then 2,5GH/s?
I have read something about max 4 gh/s...
Can someone try it and post bad-shares rate?

Thanks!
dmpotter

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:07:48 AM

Got them at home, I am currently in other country, but i will mine with them (or sell them for good price) as soon as I get home Smiley

Thanks for tricks...

And just a question - is it really possible to overclock them to more then 2,5GH/s?

Thanks!

I think it's unrealistic without hardware modding to get a stable 2.5+ out of them.
sase007

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:13:22 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 04:25:16 AM by sase007

Thanks for tricks...

Thanks!

I think it's unrealistic without hardware modding to get a stable 2.5+ out of them.

With perfect cooling and heat sinks meaby?

E: somebody have heat sink dimensions?
Found this, but if I know dimensions I could get it for few $
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Kits-Heatsink-Kit-for-Cooling-Bitmain-Antminer-USB-Overclock-Bitcoin-/301073247876?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46195d2e84
dmpotter

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:35:56 AM

Thanks for tricks...

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Kits-Heatsink-Kit-for-Cooling-Bitmain-Antminer-USB-Overclock-Bitcoin-/301073247876?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46195d2e84

Though the heatsicks are pretty, they are also not that effective. The whole back of the card is a heatsink, adding a few ridges to the other side won't make much of a difference. I guess you could maybe push 2.5 with advanced cooling, but I really doubt getting 4 would be do'able.
sase007

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:44:16 AM

Thanks for tricks...

Thanks!

Though the heatsicks are pretty, they are also not that effective. The whole back of the card is a heatsink, adding a few ridges to the other side won't make much of a difference. I guess you could maybe push 2.5 with advanced cooling, but I really doubt getting 4 would be do'able.

I would be so glad if they would mine at 2,5GH/s (stable I mean Smiley )

Ok ordered these (two packs):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400552779832

I am risking 2$ so no problem for me Cheesy

They would mine at 10GH/s (thats +- 2,5$/day minus energy)

Or I can sell them for 0,1 btc / piece (yes people in my country are stupid) Cheesy

E: I bought them for 0,0775/piece Smiley
doctormandrake

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:26:21 AM

Thanks for tricks...

Thanks!

with perfect cooling and heatsinks you might be able to pull off 2.2   you need to hardware mod the voltage I believe to go past 2.2   When I run them over 2.0 (2.2)with a fan that cools them quite well, the hardware errors spike and the effective hashrate is lower than at 2.0
doctormandrake

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:30:57 AM

I have a lot of pools in my config, I've never tried to switch with a "p", I use the API

how do you use the api to switch pools?

also after several hours playing with be's ants drivers and bfgminer I gave up on it (again) went back to cgminer on two comps and everything is hashing nicely. I dunno why, I have tried with bfgminer several times and it is always annoying configuration. Cgminer always works for me. Not worth the bother to drop a 1.5% error rate to 0+/-  Ideally a new cgminer will eventually be able to handle Ants without hw errors and with support for multiple usb miner types etc.    I may try again tomorrow, as I do love to learn and hate it if something doesn't work ^^     
sase007

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:33:26 AM

Thanks for tricks...

Thanks!

with perfect cooling and heatsinks you might be able to pull off 2.2   you need to hardware mod the voltage I believe to go past 2.2   When I run them over 2.0 (2.2)with a fan that cools them quite well, the hardware errors spike and the effective hashrate is lower than at 2.0

THX for advice...
I will test all possible methods to improve hash and lower errors.

What do you think about oil cooling?
It could work and it wouldnt damage miners I guess.

I saw some youtube video about USB ASIC oil cooling (only 333MH/s) - link below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTGti0CbQlw

I got one 333MH/s miner so I can test it Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: